Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

New Computer to Run Itch

JRachetta 1:25 PM - 12 June, 2012
My Unibody MacBook has ran its course and I'm looking to upgrade my computer to strictly run Itch. Im looking at an HP with the AMD A8 Processor 1.6Gz maxing at 2.5Ghx 6 GB Ram and 640GB Hard drive. Another selling point is the fact it has 2 USB 3.0 slots and 2 USB 2.0 Slots. Will this computer sufficiently run Itch with no problems?
DJ Boss Sounds 2:19 PM - 12 June, 2012
Going from a Mac to a WinPC??? You're very sick son, very sick, go see a doctor ASAP!!!! Your brain cells are not working...

Get well soon!
JRachetta 2:55 PM - 12 June, 2012
I'm just tired of getting rocked for $2K+ on a laptop that im just going to use for my night in the bar. Especially since Im going on this Friday and need something ASAP
phatbob 5:25 PM - 12 June, 2012
AMD processors aren't supported.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:30 PM - 12 June, 2012
Itch on windows is MEGA BUGGY where mac it runs nice i was very suprised how bad itch is on windows i only just got itch and use it on windows and mac and wow windows with itch is a bug fest big memory issues slugishness and bugs. Which is shame as i wanted to use itch mostly on my windows pc. So i would say for itch stay with a mac worth every penny.
djSteveCooke 6:27 PM - 12 June, 2012
I've used itch on Win7 for over a year without any issues. I am mobile, so my gigs are just about any where and in many different venues. I have used both XP and 7, and if your PC is set correctly you will be fine.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:16 PM - 12 June, 2012
Again you have not tried it on a mac then as there is 100% bugd and mem issues with the windows version of itch! Nothing todo with how you setup windows from fresh install to tweeked to high heaven. Stay with your mac!
djemdub 10:30 PM - 12 June, 2012
I run itch on an i3 processor with win7 with no problems!I use an external HD with a ton of music and no problems!if you're coming to Windows, I sugguest you get an ivy bridge one!new processors!
DJPrice_inMD 10:52 PM - 12 June, 2012
There are some nice new Macbook Pro and Macbook Airs that started shipping yesterday. I am looking into getting a 13" MBA to replace my 15" 2010 MBP, so that I can relegate it to backup. I am a mobile DJ playing 6-12 times a month and need to know my computer will turn on and work without question whether I was using a week ago or ten minutes ago, and after being a windows user for 15 years I switched to Apple in 2010, and by and large have had that experience. I don't know how you can go back honestly.
Joee 6:06 PM - 13 June, 2012
Quote:
I'm just tired of getting rocked for $2K+ on a laptop that im just going to use for my night in the bar. Especially since Im going on this Friday and need something ASAP

------> store.apple.com
Felonyruckus 11:04 PM - 13 June, 2012
I just ran my Mac recording the audio of my set of audio and music videos with NSFX on and video effects going and not one hiccup in 4 hours. I know MacBooks are expensive but, you can't put a price on your reputation if your PC crashes during a gig.
JRachetta 6:10 PM - 20 June, 2012
I hear you FelonyRuckus...thats why I returned the HP I bought to replace my unibody macbook and bought the new 15inch mid 2012 Macbook Pro. All I can say is it eats Itch alive and won't allow it to mess up. Glad I bit the bullet and stayed with Mac.
dameon B 8:47 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
the new 15inch mid 2012 Macbook Pro. All I can say is it eats Itch alive and won't allow it to mess up. Glad I bit the bullet and stayed with Mac.

That's what's up!! I'm looking to upgrade my mid 2010 Intel core 2 duo MBP, I guess the15" 2012 MBP 2.6 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 1 TB hard drive it is.
Joee 12:57 AM - 21 June, 2012
dameon B 1:07 AM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
--> store.apple.com

Going brang new Joee!
Felonyruckus 2:11 AM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
I hear you FelonyRuckus...thats why I returned the HP I bought to replace my unibody macbook and bought the new 15inch mid 2012 Macbook Pro. All I can say is it eats Itch alive and won't allow it to mess up. Glad I bit the bullet and stayed with Mac.

I'm glad you bought it and its rocking Itch out for you.