Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

MIXMASH CLOSED

gianluigi 5:52 PM - 11 June, 2012
Hello My Video Friends

A beatiful site of Videoclip "MIXMASH" closed :-(, you now another best site and service?
djpuma_gemini 6:10 PM - 11 June, 2012
Well depends can you get in on any sites in the US or Canada? If not, I have no clue what's out in the UK
gianluigi 6:47 PM - 11 June, 2012
i'm italian vdj, please write the site you now
djpuma_gemini 6:48 PM - 11 June, 2012
US = vj-pro.com (smashvidz new site)
Canada = xtendamix.com
Not sure about any other country.
Xtendamix 7:34 PM - 11 June, 2012
Promo Only and Video Pool are in the U.K.
djpuma_gemini 4:57 AM - 12 June, 2012
aah Ok.

I didn't even realize that.
Thanks
cheeba (the believer) 7:59 AM - 12 June, 2012
sad news
nik39 6:48 PM - 12 June, 2012
What has happened to them?
Sandy2012 5:34 PM - 23 June, 2012
Its a big loss and Soundnet closed Mixmash because of as i heard slow sales of the DVDs in the last months. Soundnet always used the MM Videos in their Video Jukeboxes they rent to pubs / whatever in UK. So MM was a side business offering the content to people who do not rent such jukeboxes.

Since Soundnet still releases the Videos monthly for their rentable jukeboxes it would perhaps help to write them at info@soundnet.net to have at least the DDL Store kept for Vjs.
I can partly understand that the slow sales were also because of the ongoing usage of 4:3 Mpg2
content while their new HIRES 16:9 Mp4 DDL Sets topped the quality huge.

From my opinion they should have stopped DVD Sales and should have only continued DDL
Service / Mp4 Disc Services.

People sure look for quality and if now YT Videos for free have better quality then a DVD for 40 Punds i see the conflict.

I think SN didnt check that at all that it takes time to embedd a new DDL System and give previous customers time to jump on and accept the new. The DDL System was very well working with extreme good download speeds and great quality Videos.

You can subscribe to Promo Only ( UK Charts only ) or Videopool ( Charts only )
There is NADA , Zero left offering licenced URBAN / DANCE / Indie Videos and i am shocked that Soundnet forgets about all European VJ Scene. I see no reason to not continue at least the very good quality Mp4 Sets which they anyways include each month in their Boxes.
popnwave 6:56 PM - 23 June, 2012
The only way to compete now is to go digital delivery and offer both SD and HD (720p is fine for a max) flavors for people to download. It really seems to have shifted BIG time in the past 12-18 months away from physical media. First it was just for monthly issues, but now pools realize you can't wait for monthly updates, you have to do it on a daily basis to keep up with YT and the demands of the club market.
tomatoslice 9:16 PM - 23 June, 2012
physical media is ridiculous imo and not cost affective imo (at least for me).
i stopped cd use when final scratch came out and dropped dvds when vsl dropped.
i refuse to burn cds and have only done dvds as a favor to a silly friend.

when i read "slow sales of the DVD" i think "why were they still selling dvds?"

satellite radio, satellite jukeboxes, satellite tv. why not satellite video?
djpuma_gemini 1:02 AM - 24 June, 2012
Yeah DVD sales should have stopped in 2010, but hell even in 2008 when VSL dropped. but give 2 years for people to catch up. Now dvd's are pointless, for video djs anyway.
tomatoslice 7:17 AM - 24 June, 2012
dvds are pointless in my whole life, except to rip them. i have not bought a dvd in 15 years.
my main tv has a 500Gb hd full of movies plugged into a roku.
my secondary tv has a ps3 hooked up with plenty of vids too.
netflix, hulu, and all the other streaming abilities as well as itunes.

who needs dvds when almost if not all of it can be found digitally?
granted, i may not find Clarissa Explains It All streaming...so maybe old stuff still relies on dvd.
but new, forget it.
DJ-Phat-AL 8:54 AM - 24 June, 2012
Can't find extras, bonus footage, special features in digital... only on disc... jus sayin...

for movies anyways...

for DJ'ing... Digital all the way!
djpuma_gemini 5:47 PM - 24 June, 2012
I buy blu ray for really good movies that have a lot of effects or high action scenes. No one needs a blu ray of some cheesy drama or comedy.
tomatoslice 5:52 PM - 24 June, 2012
damn you, phat al, with your good points!!

Quote:
Can't find extras, bonus footage, special features in digital... only on disc... jus sayin...

damn you, phat al, with your good points!!

Quote:
I buy blu ray for really good movies that have a lot of effects or high action scenes. No one needs a blu ray of some cheesy drama or comedy.

dude, who would does not need a bluray of 3rd Rock From The Sun?!?
Robb Royale 4:25 AM - 23 January, 2013
Quote:
[post removed]

Dude, really? You should know what's about to happen to you on here in 3....2....1....
Code:E 8:06 PM - 28 January, 2013
Quote:
US = vj-pro.com (smashvidz new site)
Canada = xtendamix.com
Not sure about any other country.

Xtendamix now has a eruo site and i think Italy can get it.
nik39 8:31 PM - 28 January, 2013
Quote:
Xtendamix now has a eruo site and i think Italy can get it.

Correct, www.Xtendamix.eu