DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Where can i buy scratch samples?

Jemal 6:19 PM - 7 June, 2012
I want to start scratching so bad! but i don't know where to buy scratch samples, even the most common ones like "AHHH YEAH". Please help me!
Aden 6:43 PM - 7 June, 2012
I think Beatport sells dj tools. Not sure what kind but I bet they have something for you.
skinnyguy 9:09 PM - 7 June, 2012
maybe turntablelab?
DJ JT Stevens 9:13 PM - 7 June, 2012
I saw this link in a post here a few weeks ago. Haven't bought it yet myself (since I have most of the basic samples that I need) but it looks like it should have what you're looking for.

www.amazon.com
ced_so_thoed 9:27 PM - 7 June, 2012
ay
are you on turntables, cdjs, or a controller?
yep
Jemal 10:10 PM - 7 June, 2012
im on a ns7
ced_so_thoed 11:57 PM - 7 June, 2012
ay
you should find some online to purchase
yep
DJ Tecniq 4:33 AM - 8 June, 2012
Quote:
I want to start scratching so bad! but i don't know where to buy scratch samples, even the most common ones like "AHHH YEAH". Please help me!
lmgtfy.com
Papa Midnight 5:01 AM - 8 June, 2012
Quote:
im on a ns7

I could've sworn the install CD had the serato scratch sample.
Snav 8:48 AM - 8 June, 2012
heres a start www.beatport.com
Nicky Blunt 12:02 PM - 8 June, 2012
www.thudrumble.com get vinyl that way you can still have a few records to cut with incase of any problems, Also the vinyl is slightly sharper on the cut than serato is.
FunkyRob 2:38 PM - 8 June, 2012
MusicMeister 9:30 PM - 8 June, 2012
If you have a copy of Traktor they have scratch samples you can download from Service Center. Not worth buying Traktor to get them... but they're there if you already have it.

Thudrumble is a good source.

Sample your own is another one. Look for old workout records - they're great for samples like that. ;)
Nicky Blunt 3:29 PM - 9 June, 2012
movies! Acapella's TV adverts anything that has recorded sound can be used as a sample to skratch with. Experiance then tells you if it will sound half decent or terrible.

Have fun!