Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

A small suggestion

Xspringe 9:55 PM - 11 September, 2004
You might want to have the ability to import Traktor FS/Studio song collection databases as to make the transition for people moving from Traktor to SSL easier.
Most people have invested considerable time and effort into creating their databases and losing all this information might hold them back.
nik39 11:02 AM - 12 September, 2004
If the database format of SSL was an open format, or if there was an exisiting documentation, it woldnt be hard to write a (perl) skript which does the conversion.
Xspringe 3:37 PM - 12 September, 2004
Actually I believe there's an open source program out there written by Flat Feet Pete that's capable of importing all Traktor database info (inc stripes) as well as readint traktor id3v2 info.

Shouldn't be difficult at all to implement.
nik39 7:45 PM - 12 September, 2004
Youre right, TFS uses an XML format, but SSL does not, and thats the problem.
Xspringe 11:30 PM - 13 September, 2004
Quote:
Youre right, TFS uses an XML format, but SSL does not, and thats the problem.

Well it shouldn't be a whole lot of work to create a converter...
nik39 8:50 AM - 14 September, 2004
Yes, it shouldnt be, but we need to know the file format of the SSL database/crate files.
Serato, Moderator
AJ 8:54 AM - 14 September, 2004
The crate files are a pretty obvious text file format. Just look inside one and you'll see it's just a list of filenames with the path attached.

The library file is less simple, but actually you don't need to import the library file from TFS. If you drag your whole mp3 folder into scratch live, then you will have all your songs. The only thing that needs importing is the crate information, and as I have already said, the crate format is extremely basic.

If somebody wanted to write an importer that turned FS crates into ssl crates, it would be pretty easy.
nik39 9:23 AM - 14 September, 2004
Hm, these are unicode files, right? Which editor supports them, can anyone help?

If needed, I can write a perl script which will convert those crates, holla at me. :-)