Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

DJ LOGOS AND NAMES ONVIDEO OUTPUT

djlordjazz 1:42 AM - 29 January, 2008
ATTN... I KNOW THAT RANE IS THE TOP OF THE LINE IT'S WHAT I STAND BY. BUT THERE ARE ALOT OF EFFECTS, TRANSITIONS,SAMPLES. AND ALSO A WAY THAT YOU CAN ADD YOUR (DJ NAME OR LOGO) TO THE VIDEO OUTPUT WHILE YOUR MIXING.
YA USING VIRTUAL VYINL YOU CAN DO THAT. NOW TO RANE VIDEO SL.
WE ARE MISSING ALOT OF THINGS THAT YOUR PROBABLY GONNA COME OUT WITH LATER. BUT FOR NOW. I KNOW DJ'S WANT TO BE ABLE TO PUT THE NAME OR LOGO SOMEWHERE ON THE SCREEN WHEN THERE PERFORMING. CAN YOU MAKE THIS HAPPEN...?????
DJLRock 1:51 AM - 29 January, 2008
for now you have to make a video file of it or lay it over other videos
djlordjazz 1:53 AM - 29 January, 2008
yea that's what im doing for now
Beta 4:02 AM - 29 January, 2008
Kind of easy i guess (MAC). Drop a picture in iMovie throw some effect transitions on it ( i think cube, ripple and page are the only one that make sense) apl-a select all and copy and paste for as long as you think your song will be. Export it to Quicktime and save as... .mp4. throw it into iTunes and then build the overview in Serato and viola! you got a movie. Then follow the directions and drag from a crate playlist onto the blank audio screen on the interface and it will accept it and will play with your audio files. made a bunch usually around 7 minutes long so that any song i have will fit and the video will not run out. Worked great at the club this past weekend!
DJLRock 4:18 AM - 29 January, 2008
great thanks for the instructions. i'm a brand new mac user of less than a week.
QECRUSH 8:28 AM - 29 January, 2008
i need to figure this out....
DJLRock 9:56 PM - 30 January, 2008
You can overlay your logo into music videos with your editing program. Or you can use your editing program and load in your logo photo and drop it in a bunch of times and save that as a video file. If you do it the 2nd way you can attach to any audio in serato
DjWoody 10:05 PM - 30 January, 2008
The way I did mine yesterday was fairly easy. I did my logo on Photoshop with a transparent background. I then imported it into Final Cut and placed it whereever I wanted it.
DJLRock 11:29 PM - 30 January, 2008
you can use imovie if you're on a mac. or vegas on pc.
DJLRock 11:57 PM - 30 January, 2008
yes
eder 7:02 PM - 31 January, 2008
Woody are you saving your logo as a GIF or a Jpeg out of photoshop?
Nappa 7:11 PM - 31 January, 2008
Here's a great tutorial on how to make a logo watermark in Sony Vegas.
Watchwww.youtube.com
DjWoody 7:20 PM - 31 January, 2008
Quote:
Woody are you saving your logo as a GIF or a Jpeg out of photoshop?

I save it as a straight photoshop file with a transparent background. Than I just import it into Final Cut.
DJLRock 7:20 PM - 31 January, 2008
you bring the .psd into final cut?
eder 7:52 PM - 31 January, 2008
Quote:

+1
Beta 11:38 PM - 31 January, 2008
Whether it is Final Cut or iMovie it does not matter as long as you export it to Quicktime and save as a .mp4. Of course you have more options in Final Cut but not everyone has that...more people have iMovie.

Hey Woody why do you use a transparent background as opposed to a black background for the club? it is dark in the club and black around the logo on the screen would be better than bright white right?? or am i missin somethin here?

Aaron C
Beta 11:41 PM - 31 January, 2008
Ok i get it now...you guys are tryin to water mark the audio file...yeah that is right.

But why would you want to do that cuz then the water mark is pretty much married to that audio file.

i want the freedom to throw other movies on the same song at different times.
Like the .mp4 of the Flyer for the event or the Logo of the Club/Night.

Any thoughts?
DjWoody 3:08 AM - 1 February, 2008
Quote:

Yes. Final Cut lets you import native PSD files. I was reading the manual and it says that if you bring layered PSD files, you can do some cool motion effects. I haven't tried that yet. All I did was type my name with a transparent background and used it as a watermark. There's a whole section on photoshop graphics on the HELP MENU on Final Cut. It shows you step by step how to import them and how to manipulate them.

For putting up flyers, I import the flyer into Final Cut or iMovie than export it. I do that now and been doing it for a while.
D-Twizzle 3:21 AM - 1 February, 2008
Quote:

also works in sony acid
DJ-SERKUS 12:09 PM - 22 April, 2011
the new upgrade for video sl allows you to add any test to the screen..kinda like virtual dj.. but only color efx no cool scrolls or efx unless you have a good video card
DJ-SERKUS 12:10 PM - 22 April, 2011
the new upgrade you can add text to it
tomatoslice 3:04 PM - 22 April, 2011
what new upgrade??
DJBIGWIZ 3:57 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
the new upgrade for video sl allows you to add any test to the screen..kinda like virtual dj.. but only color efx no cool scrolls or efx unless you have a good video card

you can make the text scroll
DJ'Que 4:12 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
what new upgrade??
he's talking about 1.2 it can do that and bpm flash. And do pictures to.
tomatoslice 4:23 PM - 22 April, 2011
oooooh the NEW uprgade?? the one that has a 1 year anniversary in 3 days?? that new one?
djpuma_gemini 4:38 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
oooooh the NEW uprgade?? the one that has a 1 year anniversary in 3 days?? that new one?

There's a new one?
tomatoslice 6:52 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

There's a new one?

yea, man. check it out!!

came out April 25th
DJ_JOHNNY 7:59 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There's a new one?

yea, man. check it out!!

came out April 25th

www.allmystery.de
djpuma_gemini 8:12 PM - 22 April, 2011
apr 25, 2010?
tomatoslice 8:33 PM - 22 April, 2011
yea, that's that new shit!!
DJ_JOHNNY 8:35 PM - 22 April, 2011
:D
djlordjazz 1:07 AM - 23 April, 2011
THANK YOU SERATO.. FOR ALL THE EXCELLENT UPGRADES TO VSL...
Hope you let numark in on a lil video sl... You can still make money charging for the itch VSL..
tomatoslice 7:34 AM - 23 April, 2011
there is sooooo much to say on this.
it's just tooooo much...so i think this will be my only reply.
dj vegas 8:53 AM - 23 April, 2011
m.e!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:08 PM - 23 April, 2011
Quote:
m.e!

LOL.... was waiting for that.
djnak 2:20 AM - 24 April, 2011
Quote:
THANK YOU SERATO.. FOR ALL THE EXCELLENT UPGRADES TO VSL...
Hope you let numark in on a lil video sl... You can still make money charging for the itch VSL..

WTF?