Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Double songs

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJDBOOGIE 3:48 PM - 28 January, 2008
I seem to be finding a lot of double songs in my ssl. I use I tunes to store my music but I have serato crates. I just download to i tunes and set everything right in serato. The songs only appear once in I tunes but shows up 2 or 3 times in ssl so what is make it do this please help. I delete them and when I add new songs they come right back next time I open up ssl.
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:46 PM - 28 January, 2008
Hello djdboogie,

If your seeing multiple versions of the same song in SSL than you must have multiple versions on your computer.
SSL will only import a single song once.
I would first double check to make sure that you don't have doubles in iTunes via the 'show duplicates' option.

If the doubles aren't in there than they would be somewhere on your hard drive outside of iTUnes.

You could do a search for one of the files and see where the copies are located and delete them from there.
DJ NewLife 10:25 PM - 8 February, 2008
I have the same problem. I searched for the songs/files (with spotlight) and I can't find where the other files are popping up from? They're popping up gradually. Every couple of days a new song or two seems to resurface...without the itunes symbol next to it.
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:05 PM - 8 February, 2008
Highlight the file, hold down ctrl+r (PC) or apple+r (mac).
This will bring up a browser showing you where that file lives.
If the song doesn't have an iTunes logo next to it than its not being read from the iTunes library.
DJ NewLife 5:35 AM - 12 February, 2008
They are both in the same location. One has an iTunes logo and one doesn't. There is only one copy in iTunes when I run a 'Show Duplicates'. I don't understand how these new files pop up?
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:32 PM - 12 February, 2008
This sounds like an iTunes bug. I'm going to ping the Serato guys. Hold tight.
Serato, Moderator
Andy W 12:04 AM - 13 February, 2008
Hi guys, which version of Scratch LIVE are you using?

It definitely sounds like you're getting duplicate entries for the same file in your database, in Scratch LIVE can you load both "copies" of the song to a deck or does one come up as not found?

Can you turn on the "Location" and "Filename" columns in the library (or crate containing both entries for the song) and let me know if there are any differences between the two?

If a track still loads to the Scratch LIVE deck from both entries then I'm expecting you might find something small like a small letter changing to a capital, or the reverse of that.
DJ NewLife 3:16 AM - 15 February, 2008
1.8.0 - The latest

You can load both to a deck.

They have the same spelling with the same upper and lower case attributes. Some of them are missing the play time??? Thats the difference. They all have different 'added' dates. As I mentioned before most of the time these dups pop up after not touching the file in weeks/months.
DJ NewLife 8:00 PM - 18 February, 2008
OK. I have a clue that may be helpful.

I added a new song by I Wayne and a new song by Lil Mama. Upon doing that, duplicate songs were created for 2 other songs by I Wayne and Lil Mama.

Hmmm...
DJ FLATLINE 6:59 AM - 12 March, 2008
Definitely a bug IMO. This happens to me everytime I use Id3TAG IT to change the my text to uppercase. It doubles Changes the files correctly but doubles them also.