DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

JHYMN MP4 to WAV file conversion Tool

~Dj M~ 12:50 AM - 18 October, 2005
I have been using this program called Jhymn to unlock mp4's and convert them to mp3's... (in the past i would have to burn them to a cd as wavs and then rip them back as mp3's

Its not working today and I don't know what I have done different if anything. Its a very weird program.. Sometimes it doesn't work and I don't know why.

Anyway, this is what happened when I tried to convert this time..It says,

"A file could not be unlocked (and then it lists a song name)
Store ID: johnmady7"

"Would you like to log into your music store account through JHymn and attempt to obtain the keys needed to unlock your music?"

I select yes then it goes on and it says

"your tansaction with the music swtore failed with this error:

"failed 'authorizeMachine': This item requires a later version of iTunes to phurchase" (not true i don't think)..

"Please note that some errors are caused by nothing more than temporary network problems and can be solved by simply trying again later. This is especially true when you get any of these http respone codes: 408, 500, 502, 503, 504." (I also don't think its network problems that i'm having)"

So I don't know if this makes sense to anyone but if you know JHymn pretty well, then maybe you can help.
DJ 3pm 1:40 AM - 18 October, 2005
jhymn has been discussed before. so has its inability to work with itunes 6 which i bet you just upgraded to.
nik39 9:54 AM - 18 October, 2005
TAken from hymn-project.org :

Quote:
iTunes 6.0 Warning

It appears that if you make any purchases using iTunes 6.0, from that point on you must use 6.0 — and then JHymn won't work for you either. JHymn will have to learn how to perform the iTunes 6.0 protocol before this problem is likely to be fixed -- so hang on, it could be a bit of a wait.

In the meantime, you may wish to delay upgrading to iTunes 6.0 so that you can continue to free your music until a new solution is found.
~Dj M~ 10:24 PM - 18 October, 2005
oh jesus..well in the meantime what should i do? burn to a cd as wavs and then rip them back as mp3's..thats the only other way that I know..

this is so weird...i can't believe i have to do this..oh well

any alternate suggestions for a mac user would be appreciated....
~Dj M~ 10:24 PM - 18 October, 2005
oh jesus..well in the meantime what should i do? burn to a cd as wavs and then rip them back as mp3's..thats the only other way that I know..

this is so weird...i can't believe i have to do this..oh well

any alternate suggestions for a mac user would be appreciated....
DJ 3pm 10:58 PM - 19 October, 2005
use a program called 'pacifist' to re-install an old version of itunes from the restore discs that came with your machine.