DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

I found a buyer for my Final Scratch 1.1 but get this....

JD 3:27 PM - 14 October, 2005
I put my FS up for sale and I got a couple of people interested. One guy called me up and wanted to purchase it right away and started asking questions about it because he wasnt too familiar with how it works. He was gonna go out and buy a laptop based on what would work best for it.

Anyway - I felt so bad that I told him flat out that i would get Serato if youre gonna get a new laptop and start the switch over from vinyl. Needless to say, I lost the sale but I wouldve felt guilty knowing that I sold it to someone that wasnt too informed about the technology.

Now im back at staring at this overgrown hockey puck.

But i did the right thing...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:17 PM - 14 October, 2005
you got heart
thumbs up
nik39 4:19 PM - 14 October, 2005
*applause* :)
DJ Silk 5:19 PM - 14 October, 2005
Yo...no good deed goes unrewarded. You definitely did the right thing, and it's good to know that there are honest people out there.

I'm sure that you'll find someone to purchase it.

Thanks for being a good person.
Thebasementwonder 4:18 AM - 15 October, 2005
keep the puck for home use keep ssl for the road thats what i would do abbuse at home ssl is the BMW out on the road
j-u 7:26 AM - 15 October, 2005
i did the same thing when i sold my fs. but this guy had this 'i know it all (who r u to teach me a lesson) attitude', so i guess it was too bad for him. sold that thing for 350USD!
Brandon Fisher (BLF DJ Supply) 8:00 AM - 15 October, 2005
Honesty is always the best policy.
DJ MDX 8:15 PM - 15 October, 2005
Big up's to you for having some integrity!!!!!

I got rid of my FS2 very shortly after I became an official SSL owner...but I did it the right way...it went back to the company for their loss and not another unsuspecting DJ brother or sister.

...and have never looked back since...

Superior
Suport
Leader
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:31 PM - 15 October, 2005
i still have my FS2.
i would only sell to someone who knew about the issues and is still willing to go through the purchase. no one deserves to be embarrassed at a live gig from those hideous audio drop outs.
gucca69 6:38 PM - 16 October, 2005
jd i am a firm beleiver in what goes around comes around!
Dj Metro 5:23 AM - 11 January, 2006
i know a salesperson in gitar center that sold 20 fs...and 19 were returned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DJMark 7:19 AM - 11 January, 2006
I have, in the last couple months, seen a couple people walking near the local Guitar Center with an FS2 box and have gone out of my way to strike up a brief conversation with them and advise them that they're holding in their hands a world of hurt. I honestly can't think of any other audio product that would have ever inspired me to do such a thing....I'm sure to anyone who hasn't dealt with the "joy" of FS the whole idea of stopping a stranger on the street like that sounds pretty looney. If either Stanton or NI gave even the slightest indication that they cared, I'd feel much less adamant about it. Besides that it's hard enough being a working DJ without being defrauded of both time and money.

The (locally-owned) place I actually buy most of my gear at still has the FS2 unit I returned a few weeks ago, and hasn't moved a single unit since....at the same time, they blew through a dozen SSL packages in the last few weeks, even selling them close to full retail. FS2 meanwhile is marked down (and with a $50 rebate) and still isn't moving.
anewsome 7:42 PM - 11 January, 2006
My local Guitar Center, where I bought my SSL, only has SSL "in the back". They do not display it at all and it still outsells FS, which is prominently displayed in the store. What's up with that?
DJ Irv 8:26 PM - 11 January, 2006
Anewsome - It's called "Word of Mouth" the best advertising ever.
nautical 11:25 PM - 11 January, 2006
ya, i sold fs1.5 to a friend of mine, but i told him straight up to get ssl, but he said he didn't need the features and could handle the issues (fs 1.5 has been working alright for me), so ya...

*waiting SSL shipment to arrive!
anewsome 11:30 PM - 11 January, 2006
@nautical, like another poster already said - "best $550 bucks i ever spent"
punosion 11:59 PM - 11 January, 2006
Applause for JD, I'm sure one of our DJ brethren is very happy right now. ;)

nautical, you shall soon experience the joy that is SSL. I know...the waiting is very hard. :)
funkdigital 12:12 AM - 12 January, 2006
You're one of the good guys.
mexicannnnnn 12:27 AM - 12 January, 2006
My second unit is on its way ;-)
nik39 12:32 AM - 12 January, 2006
Mex, really?
mexicannnnnn 12:40 AM - 12 January, 2006
Quote:
Mex, really?

It was suppose to be for my DJ partner.. but he hasn't paid me so it will be my toy until I hear otherwise.

I really want to open it up and take a peek inside. I might stick it in my TTM56... who knows.
hologram 1:00 AM - 12 January, 2006
nice job! One word. Karma.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 1:52 AM - 12 January, 2006
hey Mex, if i mail you my ol school realistic mixer (w/o x-fader) you can try to fit it in there :)
mexicannnnnn 1:55 AM - 12 January, 2006
Quote:
hey Mex, if i mail you my ol school realistic mixer (w/o x-fader) you can try to fit it in there :)

I have one of those ;-)
DJMark 2:29 AM - 12 January, 2006
Freaky...that was my first mixer also.
mexicannnnnn 5:07 AM - 12 January, 2006
HAHA it was my bro's back up mixer. It has 5 channels on it and analog meters on them... how sweet it is.
DJ Unique 7:41 AM - 12 January, 2006
Realistic mixer???
That's funny.

I learned to mix on one of those back in the early 80's. I had a belt-driven TT and a direct-drive TT. I received a credit card offer in the mail and max'd it to buy my 1200's and a Numark mixer, which had dual X-faders. Damn, I should have never sold that mixer.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:56 AM - 12 January, 2006
numark 1650 perhaps? dual xfaders? one for program and one for cue right? ...that's what i graduated to as well (still have both, but are both enjoying their retirement)
DJ Unique 6:17 AM - 13 January, 2006
I am not sure but i think it was a Numark 1850 with x-fader on channels 1-2 and another x-fader for channels 3-4.
There was a third x-fader to the right for the headphones.