DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Enferno - new live remix video series

DJ Enferno 7:37 PM - 2 June, 2012
Hey guys,

Haven't posted here in a while. I'm starting to post up videos shot in my studio, showcasing my live remix dj rig. I run Serato and Ableton at the same time (no Bridge though) to create live remixes using Massive (with a MIDI keyboard) and Maschine as a midi controller. I'm using a Pioneer DJM900 in the video, but I also use the Rane TTM57. My live remix stuff is what helped get me a gig touring with Madonna in 2008-2009.

Here's the first video of the series. It's a live remix of Avicii's "Levels" using the original track, an acapella of Kanye West's "Love Lockdown", and two drum loops (one house loop and one snare drum roll). Avicii notes are chopped up into drum rack in Ableton. Synths are from Native Instrument's Massive. Everything is played, sampled, and looped live using tracks and loopers in Ableton.

Enjoy and share it if you dig it. Almost 5,000 views after day one, and I'm not mad at that!

Watchwww.youtube.com
asthmatic 7:58 PM - 2 June, 2012
still rockin. do a show in LA/OC.
djdalite 8:32 PM - 2 June, 2012
we got to get up in 23 Orlando homie, so sick
kryptonitednb 9:41 PM - 2 June, 2012
That was awesome. Seriously this kid of stuff forces people to keep their game up!
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:23 PM - 2 June, 2012
...every time i get happy that i can beatmatch kinda well some shit like this comes along!!! lol
lvmez 12:28 AM - 3 June, 2012
Incredible skills.
geeunot 12:36 AM - 3 June, 2012
dope!!
the_black_one 8:14 AM - 3 June, 2012
This NIGGA here be making love to that midi controller!!! ON POINT
Dj_Roger 11:40 AM - 3 June, 2012
So So Sick. Real inspiration.
btw why don't you use the bridge ?
DJ freestylefrenzy 12:34 PM - 3 June, 2012
vids like this inspire me to make dj vids...way to rock it
Anu 4:04 PM - 3 June, 2012
Word.......Good stuff

I see you got new gear in the setup.....Ergonomic layout looks great and easy to manage...

How is the Casio...?..Does it even compare the the snow...?
REDSELECTER 4:55 PM - 3 June, 2012
dope - second the why no bridge question

is the serato/ableton sync manual then
RogerRabbit 5:38 PM - 3 June, 2012
Enferno is the 1%.

He answered the question about the bridge already(can't remember if it on the forum or on his yt channel),he said the bridge has some limitation/design that messes up his workflow from the way he is used to doing it from the last X amount of years..
DJ Remy USA 2:10 AM - 4 June, 2012
that was dope.....makes me really wanna dive into live remixing especially since all the tools are available and in my studio

what kinda midi controller is that Enferno? You back DC if so where you rocking at?
Dj Ace 3:01 AM - 4 June, 2012
Quote:

He is using the bridge with an external sound card
DJ Remy USA 3:25 AM - 4 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

No hes not

Quote:
Hey guys,

I run Serato and Ableton at the same time (no Bridge though) to create live remixes using Massive (with a MIDI keyboard) and Maschine as a midi controller.
Dj Ace 4:59 AM - 4 June, 2012
why don't we ask him?
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:36 AM - 4 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I'm starting to post up videos shot in my studio, showcasing my live remix dj rig. I run Serato and Ableton at the same time (no Bridge though) to create live remixes using Massive (with a MIDI keyboard) and Maschine as a midi controller. I'm using a Pioneer DJM900 in the video, but I also use the Rane TTM57.
the_black_one 5:20 PM - 4 June, 2012
Ace.... Make sure u wear your helmet today.
DJ Remy USA 5:28 PM - 4 June, 2012
Quote:
Ace.... Make sure u wear your helmet today.

i was like man you cant fix stupid.....lol DJ Ace is all love homie but you gotta read
iNBiTuiN 7:31 PM - 4 June, 2012
That was awesome.
Dj_Roger 8:43 PM - 4 June, 2012
Quote:
why don't we ask him?

Well......i thought i did ;-)
Dj Ace 9:05 PM - 4 June, 2012
Ok SO WHAT I did not read it...I am more knowledgeable than most of y'all and far from illiterate...I have seen him use the bridge before and assumed he was...big f'ing deal I misread it...
Joshua Carl 12:49 AM - 5 June, 2012
somebody get that man a KEYBOARD STAND....lol.

Dope as hell.... but come one... at this point we all know everything you put out is crazy...
I didnt even have to click on the video...

just said... "awww shit..... here we go with some next level craziness!"

cant wait for more man, truly inspiring.
str8nger 5:54 AM - 5 June, 2012
dope
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:49 PM - 5 June, 2012
OH mega snaps. I love this stuff. Need to watch now!!!!
DJ Enferno 8:51 PM - 5 June, 2012
Thanks everyone.

I don't need the bridge so much because I can just manually sync the turntables to Ableton. Sometimes I even warp my acapella at the right tempo so that I can leave it at "0" and it will be at the right BPM. Then I can still scratch with it making only minor adjustments. My template has a lot of tracks and plugins. Maybe that's why the Bridge never worked right with my setup. I tried running the bridge just fine opening a blank template, but that doesn't do me much good.

I'll put out another video this week and see how long I can keep it up on a weekly basis. It will be a little hard to do with my gig and studio schedule, but I'll try! I've got a few already shot.

Thanks for sharing the video!
LilSwann 12:44 AM - 6 June, 2012
Quote:
Thanks everyone.

I don't need the bridge so much because I can just manually sync the turntables to Ableton. Sometimes I even warp my acapella at the right tempo so that I can leave it at "0" and it will be at the right BPM. Then I can still scratch with it making only minor adjustments. My template has a lot of tracks and plugins. Maybe that's why the Bridge never worked right with my setup. I tried running the bridge just fine opening a blank template, but that doesn't do me much good.

I'll put out another video this week and see how long I can keep it up on a weekly basis. It will be a little hard to do with my gig and studio schedule, but I'll try! I've got a few already shot.

Thanks for sharing the video!

Thanks for being an inspiration
DJ DECK 3:24 PM - 6 June, 2012
Dope, dope, dope, dope stuff Enferno!!!!
ral 12:25 AM - 7 June, 2012
nice as always!
sacrilicious 4:48 PM - 7 June, 2012
Back to the drawing board
DJ Enferno 7:26 PM - 8 June, 2012
Ok, new video is up. I'll try my best to do one every week. Can't make any promises with my tour and studio schedule.

Watchwww.youtube.com
asthmatic 7:42 PM - 8 June, 2012
i appreciate you doing this weekly.
Joshua Carl 11:01 PM - 8 June, 2012
hammerin those synths brother!~!!!!!

thats whats Im talking bout!!!!!
geeunot 9:36 AM - 12 June, 2012
wow you killed it on the piano as well as the turntables!
grrillatactics 1:54 PM - 12 June, 2012
Been enjoying the LRP stuff since the beginning, and really enjoying how you've developed since the start and been able to streamline the setup. Very fun stuff. Keep it up!
DJ NewYork 2:30 PM - 12 June, 2012
Quote:
Enferno is the 1%.

Amazing work as always. I recommend everyone to see him live because it's not only a great show every time, it's a learning experience. That's why I mentioned him in the "DJ Legends" forum we had going here.
canicypher 5:29 AM - 13 June, 2012
yep, amazing
BERTO 3:27 PM - 19 June, 2012
this saturday at my home town! god i hope i get paid this weekend Enferno i will stop by if i can @torches newburgh
Certified Quality Entertainment 3:57 PM - 19 June, 2012
sick!!!!
canicypher 9:14 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
this saturday at my home town! god i hope i get paid this weekend Enferno i will stop by if i can @torches newburgh

i got to see him there last summer...it was dope, i watched in amazement. I'll actually be around there this weekend..for a gig though so prob won't be able to catch him this time around.
BERTO 9:55 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

i got to see him there last summer...it was dope, i watched in amazement. I'll actually be around there this weekend..for a gig though so prob won't be able to catch him this time around.

you from the area? we gotta chill sometime
DJ Enferno 4:39 AM - 21 June, 2012
Cool. thanks guys. I'm trying to get another video up soon. There's 3 up there now.
dave28 5:36 PM - 21 June, 2012
Absolutely awesome bro, love watching and listening very inspiring....
Chrisjin 8:51 PM - 22 June, 2012
Not really into that kind of music but very cool!
BERTO 11:57 PM - 23 June, 2012
Whos in orange county new york tonight?
BERTO 7:29 AM - 24 June, 2012
Enferno absolutely killed it tonight!
djdalite 1:02 AM - 6 December, 2012
the_black_one 1:19 AM - 6 December, 2012
Quote:
update: Watchwww.youtube.com

#KABOOOOOOOOOOOM
DJ DisGrace 1:29 AM - 6 December, 2012
This what I expect if I were to go to see a "producer" live on stage. Instead, I get some tool in a mouse helmet, or three dudes taking turns on the djm-900 filters knobs... smdh

Great work, as always!
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:07 AM - 6 December, 2012
Quote:
update: Watchwww.youtube.com

thats the vid that inspired me to get a maschine and a akai mpk!
djdalite 7:53 AM - 6 December, 2012
So u just bought a maschine and mpk today?
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:30 PM - 6 December, 2012
Quote:

No a few weeks ago....and now that i look at it it was the paris vid not that one
Joshua Carl 3:52 PM - 6 December, 2012
crazy.... one hand one stabs, the other hand playing the keys.
I know thats standard for most piano players...but that shit always blows my mind.
ral 9:09 PM - 6 December, 2012
crrazy goooood! can't even do 1/16 of what he's doin' - smh
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:25 PM - 6 December, 2012
Quote:
crrazy goooood! can't even do 1/16 of what he's doin' - smh

1/16...well i can set up a camera and turn on my laptop...thats about 1/32...almost there
the_black_one 2:42 AM - 7 December, 2012
i can play piano and i can cut and i can dj but all at once? mad props
TelosHedge 3:15 PM - 7 December, 2012
i have to say you've really inspired me to get into playing some stuff like this. coming into the dead season in the mobile world i think i'm going to be spending some time in the lab beating myself up learning some new skills.

i've seen a bunch of guys that kill it with their scratching, or with their production skills, or with their creativity in general, but you bring all of it at once with just enough flare that nothing gets obnoxious.

you're going to change the way i look at creating music. thanks for that!!!
sacrilicious 7:12 PM - 7 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

No a few weeks ago....and now that i look at it it was the paris vid not that one

Not the best Paris vid floating around on the internet, though...