DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Vinyl Clean, please help me!!!!!

disco420 8:53 PM - 30 May, 2012
Hello, please someone can help me?

Recently i start to buy vinyl, i have a Dicwasher D4 for clean the records, but some old records that i bought, even after clean then with Dicwahser D4, i can hear a lots of clicks and pops, what is this?

the records is in good conservation!!! why this clicks and pops in excess with this old records, even after clean???

thanks if someone can help me with this!!!!!
ced_so_thoed 9:01 PM - 30 May, 2012
ay
clicks and pops are sexier.
yep
disco420 9:05 PM - 30 May, 2012
but theres a lot bro, in excess, not normal, even the record clean with dishwasher d4, especially the old records, and more dirty...

i think if i wash this record with running water and soup it will work?
deezlee 9:11 PM - 30 May, 2012
distilled water
Sol*los 9:17 PM - 30 May, 2012
wood glue
Nicky Blunt 9:26 PM - 30 May, 2012
Quote:
wood glue

As stupid as this sounds, it's actually not bad advice at all for removing excess dirt from exceptionally dirty records. It's kinda overkill for your average dirty 12".

There is a how to here for those who feel up to it.

Watchwww.youtube.com

I would strongly suggest buying a couple of cheap charity records to try out the glue first.

As well as this adobe audition has a feature where when you are archiving your vinyl you can easily remove static clicks & pops. (I would suggest you back up the original file, & edit a copy).
ced_so_thoed 9:31 PM - 30 May, 2012
ay
You know what? Just give me the dag gum records and I will send you the mp3 versions since you can't apperciate good snap crackle pop. You kids with your 320kb aiff lifestyles are just too much. I will be standing outside my mailbox tomorrow. I better have them or I'm going to find your girlfriend and make sweet love to her with Boys II Men playing in the background.
yep
disco420 9:34 PM - 30 May, 2012
i like clicks and pops, but not in excess caused by estatic or dirty of years!

so i notice that the dishwasher d4 do not remove very old dirty? or this old records have static electricity accumulated?

sorry for my and english
ced_so_thoed 9:36 PM - 30 May, 2012
ay
I've always cleaned records with rubbing alcohol. Try it. I don't know if it is as potent as the things you have already used. But that's besides the point. Are these hip hop records?
yep
disco420 9:57 PM - 30 May, 2012
and the normal clicks and pops can be static electricity accumulated?
disco420 10:04 PM - 30 May, 2012
edit: the UNORMAL clicks and pops can be static electricity accumulated?

whats the solution?
ced_so_thoed 10:06 PM - 30 May, 2012
Quote:
whats the solution?

ay
Send them to I and I will glady pay you in gum.
yep
ced_so_thoed 10:07 PM - 30 May, 2012
ay
replace glady with gladly and then you will talk like I.
yep
disco420 10:08 PM - 30 May, 2012
sorry i don't understand you..
ced_so_thoed 10:20 PM - 30 May, 2012
ay
Basically what I'm saying is if you have tried all that we have said such as rubbing alcohol, wood glue, distilled water, and the stuff you have, then it's time to give them up because the records may be ruined. It's better to donate the records than trash them. I don't understand how you did not get all I have just explained out of give them to me and I will pay you in gum. All the other disc jokeys knew what I meant. Why did you have a problem with my sentence?
yep
disco420 10:23 PM - 30 May, 2012
because i not so good in english
ced_so_thoed 10:24 PM - 30 May, 2012
ay
Oh... well... I don't know what else to tell you comrad.
yep
Robert W 12:04 AM - 31 May, 2012
Get out the pressurized power washer...