DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

People like to talk...

DJ Holly Rich 10:46 PM - 22 May, 2012
I'm tired of other DJ's talking behind my back. Just because I'm female and have only been spinning for so long, doesn't mean that I don't understand the art of what we do. Being a girl doesn't make it any easier. It is actually harder to get people to take me seriously. I look up to each and every one of you. I mean, come on. I was taught by one of the best. If any of you people have a problem with A-Swift, then you're just out of your mind. I am still learning so much every day. I wish I started with only vinyl. I wish there were no computers. At least I don't pay someone to pre-record my sets and stand behind the decks half naked. I'm hired for my talent. Nothing else. I respect the work that all of you have put in to be where you are. All I ask is that you respect me back.
DJ GaFFle 10:54 PM - 22 May, 2012
[/rant]?

Quote:
At least I don't pay someone to pre-record my sets and stand behind the decks half naked.

No respect to any female OR male DJ that does this...
phonze 10:58 PM - 22 May, 2012
By the looks of things, you stay pretty busy. Who cares what others are saying.
DJ Holly Rich 11:14 PM - 22 May, 2012
Quote:
[/rant]?

Not ranting. I figured this was the best place to reach all those who talk shit behind my back.
Dj Shamann 11:17 PM - 22 May, 2012
Why would you figure that?
DJ Holly Rich 11:21 PM - 22 May, 2012
Quote:
Why would you figure that?

Isn't this the Serato DJ Forum?
Dj Shamann 11:24 PM - 22 May, 2012
Quote:
Isn't this the Serato DJ Forum?

What does the Serato DJ forum have to do with those who are "talking behind your back"?
DJ Holly Rich 11:34 PM - 22 May, 2012
Quote:
What does the Serato DJ forum have to do with those who are "talking behind your back"?

I know for a fact many of those who talk shit post here. It would be interesting to see if they have the balls to reply to my thread.
popnwave 11:35 PM - 22 May, 2012
Dang I am missing out on some drama.. someone post links to the comments!
Dj Shamann 11:40 PM - 22 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I know for a fact many of those who talk shit post here. It would be interesting to see if they have the balls to reply to my thread.

Okay, makes a little more sense, I was just typing out something different since you gave us zero background, but why not just call them out?
DJ Holly Rich 11:48 PM - 22 May, 2012
Quote:
Okay, makes a little more sense, I was just typing out something different since you gave us zero background, but why not just call them out?

This thread serves that purpose.
Dj Shamann 11:52 PM - 22 May, 2012
LOL I meant by name, they're calling you out, you call them out. Chances are they won't even see this or know what you're talking about. I know you said you're tired of people for dumping on you for being a chick, but this is exactly what a chick would do! No need for being cryptic around here ;)

Anyway, whatever. I was just trying to figure out what this thread was even about LOL
sixxx 11:57 PM - 22 May, 2012
Don't worry about Shamann, he needs shit explained to him because that's how it has been all his life. I remember back in the days when we used to make fun of him for riding the little yellow bus. :P

As far as this thread goes.....

I'll be back. I'm busy at work, but I have a lot to say. I'm glad you're calling "US" out.

Don't worry. I'll be back to put you in your place.
DJ GaFFle 11:58 PM - 22 May, 2012
Quote:
Dang I am missing out on some drama.. someone post links to the comments!

+1
Quote:
Anyway, whatever. I was just trying to figure out what this thread was even about LOL

And I've been, for the longest, trying to figure what your profile pic is all about. Are those little legs in front of you?
DJ GaFFle 12:00 AM - 23 May, 2012
Me thinks this thread may get interesting...
Dj Shamann 12:04 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
And I've been, for the longest, trying to figure what your profile pic is all about. Are those little legs in front of you?

Watchwww.youtube.com

Quote:
Don't worry about Shamann, he needs shit explained to him because that's how it has been all his life. I remember back in the days when we used to make fun of him for riding the little yellow bus. :P

HAHA ;p

Nah it just came off more as a Facebook status then a forum topic. I got a lot of housewives on my friends list and they're always getting liquored up and ranting about the people who talk behind their back.
DJ GaFFle 12:05 AM - 23 May, 2012
LOL... okay, thanx for the clarification.
DJ Prinvale` 12:07 AM - 23 May, 2012
boobs
Jesus Christ 12:11 AM - 23 May, 2012
Yeah assholes! Stop talking shit behind her back! She's been a DJ for a whole year! And she got all of her gigs legitimately.... by dating a well-established DJ and having him teach her everything and getting her gigs, and once she had her foot in the door, she broke up with him. THAT is how every good DJ pays their dues... right? Right???
DJ Holly Rich 12:29 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Yeah assholes! Stop talking shit behind her back! She's been a DJ for a whole year! And she got all of her gigs legitimately.... by dating a well-established DJ and having him teach her everything and getting her gigs, and once she had her foot in the door, she broke up with him. THAT is how every good DJ pays their dues... right? Right???

Wrong. He broke up with me so your..... theory is just that.
Jesus Christ 12:36 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah... sorry. I got THAT part wrong. LOL
StevenWayne 12:37 AM - 23 May, 2012
i talk shit about all you guys, especially all of y'all that don't embrace auto-sync
DJ Holly Rich 12:40 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Yeah... sorry. I got THAT part wrong. LOL

Anyway, I'm not going to talk about our relationship. That is not what this thread is about.
Jesus Christ 12:45 AM - 23 May, 2012
Sorry... let's talk some more about how you rode the shirttails of a WELL-established DJ and still try and sell yourself as a superstar. Go on. My bad.
slimmjimm 1:40 AM - 23 May, 2012
IN for lulz.
DJ Holly Rich 2:29 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Sorry... let's talk some more about how you rode the shirttails of a WELL-established DJ and still try and sell yourself as a superstar. Go on. My bad.

No idea who you are and frankly, I don't care. If you want to know facts, ask me. Otherwise, believe whatever it is you hear and don't waste my time.
Jesus Christ 3:01 AM - 23 May, 2012
Well I'm not the only one talking shit!

onfinite.com

Oh... sorry, taking pictures of shit. Nice size and consistency. A-
tehBEN 3:03 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
i talk shit about all you guys, especially all of y'all that don't embrace auto-sync

Pushing buttons is hard man.
tehBEN 3:04 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:

onfinite.com

that's a nice looking log there.
DJ Michael Basic 3:07 AM - 23 May, 2012
Now we're talking shit!
phonze 3:08 AM - 23 May, 2012
holy shit!
Jesus Christ 3:09 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Holly shit!

Now THAT is just mean.
Jesus Christ 3:09 AM - 23 May, 2012
onfinite.com

And THAT is a great e-card.
DJ Michael Basic 3:14 AM - 23 May, 2012
DJing is a game full of shit talking. Gotta have tough skin in this business. There are a billion reasons DJs will talk shit.

They might be jealous of your skills or gigs.

They might think you're an undercutter.

They might think you didn't pay your dues.

They might think you talk a bigger game than your turntable skills warrant.

They might just be a terrible DJ themselves and need to make themselves feel better by putting others down.

You might hang out with people who are known as undercutters and gig snakers and get the guilty by association deal.

Bottom line, there'll always be shit talkers, and if you can bring it on the turntables, you don't need to say anything at all. Let the decks talk for you.
tehBEN 3:15 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Bottom line, there'll always be shit talkers, and if you can bring it on the turntables, you don't need to say anything at all. Let the decks talk for you.

So StevenWayne can't talk since he uses itch?
DJ Michael Basic 3:17 AM - 23 May, 2012
Hey can but then someone will talk shit about him. But then he can tell Richard Blade to tell that guy to fuck off.
StevenWayne 3:23 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

So StevenWayne can't talk since he uses itch?

Itch is the new black
DJ Holly Rich 3:27 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:

onfinite.com

I can see you know your way around Photoshop. That is as fake as the lies you tell.
Spin Master J 3:41 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
I'm tired of other DJ's talking behind my back. Just because I'm female and have only been spinning for so long, doesn't mean that I don't understand the art of what we do. Being a girl doesn't make it any easier. It is actually harder to get people to take me seriously. I look up to each and every one of you. I mean, come on. I was taught by one of the best. If any of you people have a problem with A-Swift, then you're just out of your mind. I am still learning so much every day. I wish I started with only vinyl. I wish there were no computers. At least I don't pay someone to pre-record my sets and stand behind the decks half naked. I'm hired for my talent. Nothing else. I respect the work that all of you have put in to be where you are. All I ask is that you respect me back.

Time is better spent practicing and networking, instead of giving your haters/doubters/etc any recognition. Just continue to be yourself and DJ because you love the art. Hope all is well!
Jesus Christ 3:44 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

onfinite.com

I can see you know your way around Photoshop. That is as fake as the lies you tell.

Really? I definitely know my way around photoshop, but I know my way around the internet MUCH MUCH Better: lockerz.com

Keep denying small shit and the big shit starts floating to the surface. (pun intended)
phonze 3:47 AM - 23 May, 2012
Just be comfortable with who you are, don't try to please everyone because you can't. Whether you've gotten to where you are legitimately or not, there's no point in looking back now. There's always going to be DJ's or whomever saying stuff about you or anyone else, that's life. If you truly feel you are really good, then you don't have to make threads like this on a DJ forum with pictures of logs floating in a toilet.
Jesus Christ 3:53 AM - 23 May, 2012
Oh also, I may or may not be the guy who authorized your $50 fee for opening at Sutra tonight. Also, whether I do or do not book DJs, I still hate undercutters. Remember your place in the foodchain the next time you come in to a well-established community and demand that the well-established members of said community respect you. You want respect? Don't hand your business card to the manager of a club that your "friend" is spinning at. Oh yeah. I hear everything.

PS. I'd rather you played a pre-recorded set while half naked than pretend you're California's best DJ while undercutting people who actually have paid dues.
Papa Midnight 3:55 AM - 23 May, 2012
int.na.tl
Now tracking....
Jesus Christ 3:59 AM - 23 May, 2012
Good job deleting those Lockerz pictures by the way. Call me a liar again.
Jesus Christ 4:04 AM - 23 May, 2012
Here Holly, delete Google: www.google.com
DJ Holly Rich 4:10 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Oh also, I may or may not be the guy who authorized your $50 fee for opening at Sutra tonight. Also, whether I do or do not book DJs, I still hate undercutters. Remember your place in the foodchain the next time you come in to a well-established community and demand that the well-established members of said community respect you. You want respect? Don't hand your business card to the manager of a club that your "friend" is spinning at. Oh yeah. I hear everything.

PS. I'd rather you played a pre-recorded set while half naked than pretend you're California's best DJ while undercutting people who actually have paid dues.

Okay OJ I get it. You aren't the guy that authorized my $50 fee at Sutra. You have no idea how much money I make. Frankly, its irrelevant. If I was a terrible DJ, I wouldn't work every weekend night. Dub and I discussed what I did wrong that night. Every new DJ will learn their place. I learned mine. He also said good things about my DJ skills. Thanks for looking at the positive side. We are all trying to make it here. Looks like you can't handle it. Go get a 9-5.
DJ Holly Rich 4:11 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Time is better spent practicing and networking, instead of giving your haters/doubters/etc any recognition. Just continue to be yourself and DJ because you love the art. Hope all is well!

Thank you:)
Jesus Christ 4:20 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Frankly, its irrelevant. If I was a terrible DJ, I wouldn't work every weekend night...

On the contrary, I know plenty of shitty DJs who work 5 nights a week because bar/club owners and managers are greedy idiots.

Quote:
Looks like you can't handle it. Go get a 9-5.

And just when I started reading a little humility in your post you go and ruin it with this.

Oh well, at least I can look at myself in the mirror. Good luck in your thriving DJ career. And trust me... when you've done this as long as I have, you know what everyone is making. Don't overestimate your friendship with the promoters. All they care about is your guest list and how little they have to pay you. :)
djchase 4:27 AM - 23 May, 2012
Jesus Christ 4:27 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Time is better spent networking, instead of actually practicing. Just continue to be yourself and DJ because you love the money and fame. Hope all is well!

There. I fixed it.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 4:35 AM - 23 May, 2012
Oh joy - another beef being played out on this forum.

If anyone starts directing insults at other forum users or broadly speaking behaves like a dick I'll lock this thread.

Just sayin'.

Regards,
Your Local Friendly Seen-It-All-Before Serato Forum Moderators.
djpuma_gemini 4:54 AM - 23 May, 2012
What did I miss
echa1945mf 5:56 AM - 23 May, 2012
judddgeeeee dreeeeeeeddddd
eder 6:00 AM - 23 May, 2012
sixxx 6:25 AM - 23 May, 2012
Had a long day. Just gathering some facts before I post.
Stay tuned.
DJ Prinvale` 6:26 AM - 23 May, 2012
any nudes yet?
DJ Tecniq 6:33 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Sorry I'm late to the convo. I haven't heard of you and I'm assuming you're not rich besides that it seems you have the connections. Good luck!
str8nger 6:36 AM - 23 May, 2012
I think this bitch is kray, who cares if other djs talk shit about you behind your back, You are a grown Ass women! Move on. #2 I think u trying to blow up by people really talking about you in these forums miss Pauly d. #3 do your thang fuck the rest djs Will always hate on other djs that just how the game goes!
DJ Tecniq 6:42 AM - 23 May, 2012
She seems quite level headed to me there was no reason to call her a biotchh. Maybe she just wanted to get her point across to those who are/were talking about her.
EdT2000 8:40 AM - 23 May, 2012
Hang on a minute... Didn't we all just miss the point???? A single woman on the Serato forums!!!!

Quote:

Hey Holly Rich, How you doing???????????
9:22 AM, 23 May 2012
Discussion locked by ChrisD
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:22 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
I think this bitch...

'nuff said.

Thread locked.