DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Fader fix for 62

s3kn0tr0n1c 7:28 PM - 17 May, 2012
As a few people have been having problems with their cross fader cut in times(me also) I decided to take a look at why one side will cut out more than the other or may not cut out at all.

This is what I have found on mine, you'll have to check yours to see if your is the same.

It is due to the end stops not being in the correct position.

First off Ill show you the correct position.

Perfect - i49.tinypic.com

On this picture you will see the rubber end stop / bumper lines up with the white line on circuit board(known as silk screen). This is the point you want the fader to stop.

If this is not lined up you will have either too large or too small(even none) silent / dead spot zones on your cross fader.

Well on mine it allowed the fader to move too far creating a larger "dead spot" like so.

Misaligned Side view - i48.tinypic.com

Misaligned Top view - i45.tinypic.com

In both these pictures you will see that this allows the fader post to slide too far creating a large dead spot. Im sure for those that are having no cut out on one side it the rubber stopper will be positioned on the other side of the line on silk screen /circuit board.

Now for the fix-

SWITCH OFF MIXER

Take cross fader out by removing bottom face plate(6 screws) and then the 2 screws that hold cross fader. When unscrewing fader I suggest keeping fader pressed against underside of faceplate with your other hand. Then unplug the connector by pulling on the white plug (on fader end)....DO NOT PULL ON WIRES....

Then once fader is out mixer you can make the adjustments to the end posts by SLIGHTLY loosening the 2 screws on either side wall and moving it to correct position then tightening. I suggest just doing one side at a time. Once both rubber stops are lined up with white line on circuit board and fader is tight put back into mixer.

Also its worth making sure that the 2 sensors are not bent and are sitting nice in the end post spot they are meant to be in.

ENJOY your 62.....it really is an excellent mixer...