DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Memorial Service For Broken Shure Needle M44-7

ced_so_thoed 4:32 PM - 15 May, 2012
ay
On May 14, 2012. The Shure M44-7 needle on the left deck past away from a crack at the bend of the styli. It wa 2 years old. Born in Guitar Center in South Austin, the needle went immediately into work for Ceddy Ced, Tha Hustla's DJ in clubs and 2 radio station in Texas. Doing mixes for KIIZ 92.3 FM and the current KQIZ 93.1 The Beat, the needle was known for being dependable. The needle also had it's good share on 2 online radio stations Jamin8.com and Thablazeradio.com. Countless mix tapes, clubs in 3 states, parties, victories in battles under Godzilla, and guest djs using her, needle with her twin on the right deck did more than what was asked of her. Going from different Serato vinyl to actual real vinyl records. She took a lot of abuse, more abuse than the needle on the right. From hard needle dropping, improper cleaning, gunk and dust in record grooves, and occasional bad handling of transportation, she kept on trucking. During the week of May 7th, she developed a red line during a recorded set in ABS mode. With the proper therapy, cleaning with a needle brush, a clothes needle, and alcohol proved to ease the pain a little. But on the rainy night of May 14, 2012, needle declared that she could go no longer and asked to be replaced as she would rather step away from the tone arm. Granting her wish, I removed her and placed her in the mouth of Godzilla, as you can see her last picture on instagram - thahustlasdj. R.I.P. needle, she died a hero.
img.photobucket.com
yep
DJ Rugged One 5:56 PM - 15 May, 2012
LMAO !!!!! Sorry had to laugh but it is funny in the meantime it sucks. Shows you how long those needles last if you take care of them and maintain them properly.
ced_so_thoed 6:05 PM - 15 May, 2012
ay
I laugh to keep from crying.
yep
str8nger 6:34 PM - 15 May, 2012
Lol she may rest in peace she's in a better place now, she is not suffering from pain anymore :-)
str8nger 6:35 PM - 15 May, 2012
Mine are really sick right now too they can die anytime soon :( they been with me for almost 2 years
DJ ROK 6:45 PM - 15 May, 2012
damn, sorry to hear about you loss. i might have gotten a little tear eyed....

i hear ya', mine have a little bit of milage on them too. its still going strong not as much us as you. but their hanging in there. every time i drop the arm on the record or the tone are slides off the record i have to check make sure the stylus is still good.
Corex 9:08 PM - 15 May, 2012
great eulogy. rest in peace little needle. may you spin endlessly without pain in turntable heaven.
ced_so_thoed 9:39 PM - 15 May, 2012
ay
This was a pic of the surgery when I couldn't get all the gunk off so I took a clothes needle and pushed the gunk off
img.photobucket.com

and now Godzilla has her in his mouth for public viewing
img.photobucket.com
yep
asthmatic 9:40 PM - 15 May, 2012
i like this thread, it made me think...mine are 12 years old.
asthmatic 9:41 PM - 15 May, 2012
the cartidge, not the stylus
ced_so_thoed 9:41 PM - 15 May, 2012
Quote:
i like this thread, it made me think...mine are 12 years old.

ay
are you serious?
Maybe this thread we can remember all of our old equipment that crapped out on us
yep
ced_so_thoed 9:47 PM - 15 May, 2012
ay
My first mixer... a Gemini
i4.photobucket.com
The channels started to bleed and it pissed me off
I just so happened to have these
i4.photobucket.com
And I murdered it
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
yep
DJ Dynamight 9:53 PM - 15 May, 2012
sorry for your loss

p.s. this thread is hilarious!
ced_so_thoed 9:58 PM - 15 May, 2012
ay
Don't laugh... but with that Gemini mixer that I shot up, this is the cdjs I had and the mixer that replaced it
i4.photobucket.com
I know I pawned one cdj and the other I threw away. I can't remember what happened with the mixer. I don't know if I sold it or what.
yep
asthmatic 10:04 PM - 15 May, 2012
i think you shot that too
ced_so_thoed 10:18 PM - 15 May, 2012
Quote:
i think you shot that too

ay
lol
Then there was i4.photobucket.com
These lasted a long time. I remember when I got them. Planetdj.com. And a friend of mine paid for one and I bought the other. And my credit union put a hold on the money because I was transfering a large amount to the website and my credit union was like"because of the patriot act, we have to verify that this is not going to terrorist funds." Crazy times. I actually had to get a loan for these.
yep
ced_so_thoed 10:33 PM - 15 May, 2012
ay
bedroom djing forreal
i4.photobucket.com

I liked that mixer because it introduced me into effects. Even had effects on the mic. And then on one gig outside in the summer the channel on the crossfader bled. I remember because I hooked up with this fat booty latina chick and we were smashing all month long.
So I had to replace the fader.
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com

and then there was this waste of money
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
bought brand new and had problems for day 1
Denon was like put in the firmware put in the firmware
No bitch... the shit is just trash.
I couldn't sell these fast enough
yep
reggae delgado 10:45 PM - 15 May, 2012
Quote:
ay
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
And I murdered it
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
yep

you texans are crazy
ced_so_thoed 10:56 PM - 15 May, 2012
ay
And then came this
img.photobucket.com
This mixer is pure gold
img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com

And when I was teaching djing, B-Side from Stanton came and showed off some area 51 stuff
img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com

You know, going through the pics I think I sold the mixer to this DJ named Fire Ant because here it is
img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com

And then I bought 800s and Traktor and hardly used them both
img.photobucket.com
Until I bought a 56
img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com

I used to set all this shit up at a gig
img.photobucket.com
yep
ced_so_thoed 11:25 PM - 15 May, 2012
ay
and then came the 57
img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com
and then I bought a pair of Technics for $100 for the pair and had them completly redone and skinned
img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com
img.photobucket.com
After that, I fell in love with Technics 1200 turntables
The Pioneer CDJs started having problems. The rollers or bearings went out that's under the platter so I had that repaired and then the lasers went out so I sold them all. And bought another set of 1200s
img.photobucket.com
Around this time is when Needle came to be and the rest is history. So now y'all know Needle's family tree and family's struggle to get to the other side. Now listen to my scratches as the remaining needle of the right deck gently weeps for her dead sister.
*chirp chirp chirp chirp stab stab baby drag 2 click flare crab aaaahhhhhhh*
yep
Nicky Blunt 11:41 PM - 15 May, 2012
This thread delivers!
str8nger 2:11 AM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
ay
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
And I murdered it
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
yep

hahahahaha lol
trnsprtr 2:26 AM - 16 May, 2012
ALL I KNOOOOOOOOOOW, IS WHERE WE'VE BEEEEEEEN, AND WHAT WE'VE BEEEEEEN THROUUUUUUUUGH...... IT'S SO HAAAAAARD TO SAY GOODBYE, TO YESTERDAAAAAAAAAAAAY..
RogerRabbit 5:30 AM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
I hooked up with this fat booty latina chick and we were smashing all month long.

You forgot to post her pic.. :)
sacrilicious 6:19 AM - 16 May, 2012
Sorry about your needle. Here's one of my old MBPs--gave it to my roommate to shoot

fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net

sixxx 3:44 PM - 16 May, 2012
RIP M44-7
ced_so_thoed 4:50 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I hooked up with this fat booty latina chick and we were smashing all month long.

ay
Let me tell you the story about her. Her name was Vanessa. I was doing a gig for a friend's grad party. It was outside. All of their family is there. Party goes from day to night. The whole time I see this fine ass chick giving a G like me that ol eye ball. So of course, I act like I don't notice it because I'm doing my thing. She comes up around night time. We get to talking. She's getting me drinks and food. Giving me compliments and all that. We exchange numbers. I pack up and she asks where was I doing after that I said nothing. So I stay over there and we get to doing the kissing and the ass grabbing and all of that on the front yard. The whole time there's dudes across the street hollerin out "don't do it she's a ho." I was like fuck what he's saying, I want my dick in her. So the next day. Found out she has 2 kids, no job, dropped out of school, and she lives with her uncle and aunt and her cousin. Her baby daddy beats on her and their kids so she hides from him but she didn't really treat her kids neither from what I observed. And she has a boyfriend but she just uses him for money. She doesn't really like him but he lets her borrow his car and what not. I didn't care but when I went to her house we had to stay outside because she didn't want her people to know what she was doing. Her cousin came outside and we chatted up and then she told her to go inside and when she did we smashed in my car. We did this just about everyday. Outside her house, in the car. If not outside her house, then at the park. Got caught once by the law. So we got a hotel and smashed there. So, here's how it ended. Her boyfriend suspects her of cheating because she said he said it burns when he pees. I'm like... well I wrap up so...no problems here. He breaks up with her so now she starts asking for my car and asking for money. I tell her straight up, get a job. She gets super pissed. Her cousin out the blue calls me and say's she's been fucking some other guy on the side while she was fucking you and you should stop messing with her. She tried to hook up with me but I was like eeehhhh pineapples. I don't want to do it. She was fat.
yep

Quote:
Sorry about your needle. Here's one of my old MBPs--gave it to my roommate to shoot

ay
*Geto Boys - die muthafucka die plays in background like in Office Space*
yep
DJ Rugged One 5:29 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:

Damn them bullets ricochet the MBP !
DJ Remy USA 6:46 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ay
Let me tell you the story about her. Her name was Vanessa. I was doing a gig for a friend's grad party. It was outside. All of their family is there. Party goes from day to night. The whole time I see this fine ass chick giving a G like me that ol eye ball. So of course, I act like I don't notice it because I'm doing my thing. She comes up around night time. We get to talking. She's getting me drinks and food. Giving me compliments and all that. We exchange numbers. I pack up and she asks where was I doing after that I said nothing. So I stay over there and we get to doing the kissing and the ass grabbing and all of that on the front yard. The whole time there's dudes across the street hollerin out "don't do it she's a ho." I was like fuck what he's saying, I want my dick in her. So the next day. Found out she has 2 kids, no job, dropped out of school, and she lives with her uncle and aunt and her cousin. Her baby daddy beats on her and their kids so she hides from him but she didn't really treat her kids neither from what I observed. And she has a boyfriend but she just uses him for money. She doesn't really like him but he lets her borrow his car and what not. I didn't care but when I went to her house we had to stay outside because she didn't want her people to know what she was doing. Her cousin came outside and we chatted up and then she told her to go inside and when she did we smashed in my car. We did this just about everyday. Outside her house, in the car. If not outside her house, then at the park. Got caught once by the law. So we got a hotel and smashed there. So, here's how it ended. Her boyfriend suspects her of cheating because she said he said it burns when he pees. I'm like... well I wrap up so...no problems here. He breaks up with her so now she starts asking for my car and asking for money. I tell her straight up, get a job. She gets super pissed. Her cousin out the blue calls me and say's she's been fucking some other guy on the side while she was fucking you and you should stop messing with her. She tried to hook up with me but I was like eeehhhh pineapples. I don't want to do it. She was fat.
yep

Quote:

that was like a flash back when I was 19, I was latina whore crazy could not keep my hands off em....still cant so I had to marry one.
ced_so_thoed 6:58 PM - 16 May, 2012
ay
... so you married a latina whore?
yep
DJ Remy USA 7:06 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
ay
... so you married a latina whore?
yep

All women are whores at some point in there lives! So yea I guess I did
ced_so_thoed 7:15 PM - 16 May, 2012
ay
you must have a password on your login account on your comp. If she sees this she will put the arsenic in your breakfast tacos. Ain't no way she would let you get away with saying that.
yep
DJ Remy USA 7:59 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
ay
you must have a password on your login account on your comp. If she sees this she will put the arsenic in your breakfast tacos. Ain't no way she would let you get away with saying that.
yep

me and my women have very good understanding of what a whore is......she has my passwords to everything as I cant hide anything from my life partner ya dig.

All women go through a whore stage in there life, they all sleep around at some point, they all have sex with multiple guys in the same week, some do it in the same day. With that being said all women have some whore in them. Men climax and we are done women climax and they want more.....naturally born to be sexual beast its there nature and some deny it for a long time and emerge as cougars in there ladder years cause they gotta get the whore out some way......jus sayin
DJ Remy USA 8:00 PM - 16 May, 2012
sorry for the thread jack
DJ Remy USA 8:01 PM - 16 May, 2012
if you wanna talk about whores the thread is here

serato.com
ced_so_thoed 8:11 PM - 16 May, 2012
ay
I nut and ask for food like a homeless person
yep
DJ I.O 2:38 AM - 17 May, 2012
I love the M44-7s, I switch from Stanton 500s to the Shures and I swear by them
RogerRabbit 4:43 AM - 17 May, 2012
Quote:
All women go through a whore stage in there life, they all sleep around at some point, they all have sex with multiple guys in the same week, some do it in the same day. With that being said all women have some whore in them. Men climax and we are done women climax and they want more.....naturally born to be sexual beast its there nature and some deny it for a long time and emerge as cougars in there ladder years cause they gotta get the whore out some way......jus sayin

Incorrect!!!

If you are only exposed to promiscuous women who sleep around with multiple partners that all you'll know.

There are lost of faithful decent women out there, who don't mess/never messed with multiple partners at the same time. Not all women are the same.