DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Scratch Live 2.4.2 is now in public beta

Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 6:09 AM - 15 May, 2012
Hello everyone,

Scratch Live 2.4.2 is now in public beta, you can find it here -> serato.com (click link).

This release includes Mixtape support for the Rane Sixty-One and Sixty-Two, MIDI layer support for the Sixty-Two and a whole lot of bug fixes.

Please remember to post all beta feedback in the beta area, not in the help area.

Cheers!
SiRocket 8:18 AM - 15 May, 2012
nik made me eat my words when he pasted this link to this beta when i was talking about mixtape and the 61-62!!!! I'm a happy camper right now and will def use the crap out of this.

WOOOO! lol
Trinicapone 11:17 AM - 15 May, 2012
See I told you!
djdannyd 2:19 PM - 15 May, 2012
MIXTAPE!!!!!!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:25 PM - 15 May, 2012
Awesome
DJ Remy USA 2:57 PM - 15 May, 2012
MXTAPE is back
DJ'Que 4:51 PM - 15 May, 2012
just dropped A bomb shell. Hope Video will follow
Johnnynights 6:58 PM - 15 May, 2012
Whats mixtape? Is it useful

I own a 61
You-Lee 7:36 PM - 15 May, 2012
Quote:
Whats mixtape? Is it useful

I own a 61

You also need to own Ableton Live

Watchwww.youtube.com
clickclickw00t 9:15 PM - 15 May, 2012
so happy about this.
Trinicapone 10:35 PM - 15 May, 2012
Rushing home from work now to see mixtape on my 62!
Johnnynights 2:54 AM - 16 May, 2012
Thanks You-Lee,im pretty sure we gotta buy ableton live?
You-Lee 4:59 AM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
Thanks You-Lee,im pretty sure we gotta buy ableton live?

No problemo. Yes you do.
SiRocket 8:57 AM - 16 May, 2012
no complaints here works great for me! would love for the serato heads to fill us in (no rush and no greed, but when they can...) let us know if the filter knobs on the mixers will correspond in mixtape and will any of the post effects :) other then that i'm a happy camper since its the same as using my 57 :)
Trinicapone 11:36 AM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
no complaints here works great for me! would love for the serato heads to fill us in (no rush and no greed, but when they can...) let us know if the filter knobs on the mixers will correspond in mixtape and will any of the post effects :) other then that i'm a happy camper since its the same as using my 57 :)

No effects I tried it post it no effects yet
djdannyd 1:44 PM - 16 May, 2012
Just did a quick .als session with my 62, no mixer effects show up in Ableton. The only workaround for me at this this would be to use the software effects.
You-Lee 2:09 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
Just did a quick .als session with my 62, no mixer effects show up in Ableton. The only workaround for me at this this would be to use the software effects.

That is a issue. Hopefully that will correct that
djdannyd 2:39 PM - 16 May, 2012
^^But the FX on the 62 are hardware effects. I guess this is a limitation, unless they can route them back to the usb.

For the time being Ableton effects come in very handy.
DJ Remy USA 6:10 PM - 16 May, 2012
^^^^ I think all serato has to do is create customer mapping to map there hardware fx to abletons software fx. Like when you use echo on 62 it creates automation for the echo fx and ableton and just maps the frequency, dry/wet, feedback, etc....I think its a pretty simple fix and serato will be including that. I think they just wanted to get the basics working first before doing more
^^^^ I think all serato has to do is create customer mapping to map there hardware fx to abletons software fx. Like when you use echo on 62 it creates automation for the echo fx and ableton and just maps the frequency, dry/wet, feedback, etc....I think its a pretty simple fix and serato will be including that. I think they just wanted to get the basics working first before doing more
^^^^wow really #internet explorer fail
Matt Hite 7:54 PM - 16 May, 2012
Excited to try this out! I agree, creating reasonable approximations of the hardware effects within Ableton should be doable.
djdannyd 8:26 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
Excited to try this out! I agree, creating similar if not better of the hardware effects within Ableton IS doable.
DJ'Que 9:31 PM - 16 May, 2012
Shows there listening. Got Mixtape back
monchi 10:27 PM - 16 May, 2012
^^^Maybe we all should have a lilttle patience and give the guys a little breathing room, whenever a new product comes out, this way they can sort out any bugs. Much props to the people @ SERATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DJ Barticus 10:33 PM - 16 May, 2012
quick question

does a mixtape recording record everything post fader, post EQ, post filter and post fx?

i hope so
Trinicapone 10:45 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
^^^Maybe we all should have a lilttle patience and give the guys a little breathing room, whenever a new product comes out, this way they can sort out any bugs. Much props to the people @ SERATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said this b4 and it went on def ears
Trinicapone 10:47 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
quick question

does a mixtape recording record everything post fader, post EQ, post filter and post fx?

i hope so

No I posted this already they said not yet
breakabreaka 3:08 AM - 17 May, 2012
I do hope they add the effects on there. I remember that was something that bugged when I had my 57. I used my Vestax VFX1 to add that little extra in my mixes. I do they add it though.
SiRocket 11:20 AM - 17 May, 2012
ill be patient as i promised after they said 62/61 will have mixtape in the future :) ill be the same way to wait for it to be perfected.
nik39 2:06 PM - 17 May, 2012
I wouldn't hold my breath. The effects "incompleteness" have been there for the 57 and 68 too, since the bridge came out. Plus I haven't seen any official statement about serato working on improving that feature set.
DJ Remy USA 2:13 PM - 17 May, 2012
Quote:
I wouldn't hold my breath. The effects "incompleteness" have been there for the 57 and 68 too, since the bridge came out. Plus I haven't seen any official statement about serato working on improving that feature set.

my fx automation worked on my 57 with mixtape.....from what I remember I had to increase the dry/wet in ableton to kinda boast the fx depth but it recorded the automation for echo and echo hold.
Trinicapone 6:29 PM - 17 May, 2012
Quote:

Remember Ableton still have not released the Live 9
nik39 6:30 PM - 17 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

my fx automation worked on my 57 with mixtape.....from what I remember I had to increase the dry/wet in ableton to kinda boast the fx depth but it recorded the automation for echo and echo hold.

Hm, that is completely new to me. If this is true then please disregard my previous post.
Trinicapone 6:40 PM - 17 May, 2012
Trust me we are all waiting for it
DJ Remy USA 6:57 PM - 17 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hm, that is completely new to me. If this is true then please disregard my previous post.

I did one of my mixtapes using the .als format. I used the echo fx a few times throughout the recording and the automation did show up for it in ableton. I still had to tweak the fx setting to make it sound wetter (nm) but it did record the automation for echo. I think Im running 2.0 not sure which build tho
Trinicapone 11:41 PM - 17 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I did one of my mixtapes using the .als format. I used the echo fx a few times throughout the recording and the automation did show up for it in ableton. I still had to tweak the fx setting to make it sound wetter (nm) but it did record the automation for echo. I think Im running 2.0 not sure which build tho

Here -----------> serato.com
Dj Wunder 8:26 AM - 28 May, 2012
M.E.?
WarpNote 9:34 PM - 28 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've never been able to have FX recorded from my 68 into ALS mixtape....
nik39 1:27 PM - 1 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I just tried it, and I don't see any FX automation. Can you please elaborate?

The mixer effects are *not* applied when using on PGM 1 or 2, and they are destructively applied when using on the Aux path, so there is not AL effect being used or recorded which you can change/edit/fix afterwards.
Dj Ace 4:39 AM - 5 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just tried it, and I don't see any FX automation. Can you please elaborate?

The mixer effects are *not* applied when using on PGM 1 or 2, and they are destructively applied when using on the Aux path, so there is not AL effect being used or recorded which you can change/edit/fix afterwards.

+1
SiRocket 9:10 AM - 8 June, 2012
wish the damn crossfader lag would be fixed for the people that like to scratch... i have tried the re-open scratchlive a few times and record to test, pull usb out and listen to the als trick... and the 62 seems to be even worse... :(

Still can't believe the 57 has this issue too and hasn't ever been fixed.... so frustrated, wasted a few hours on some mix recording tonight. wack.
nik39 9:52 PM - 8 June, 2012
Which crossfader lag bug?
Matt Hite 3:21 PM - 9 June, 2012
I _think_ they are referring to fast scratching motions not accurately being recorded in Ableton fader automation.
nik39 4:34 PM - 9 June, 2012
Gotcha. Yeah.. A pity :(
SiRocket 6:26 AM - 12 June, 2012
matt nailed it :)
dj_craigmac 12:20 AM - 3 July, 2012
can the SL-1 be used with 2.4.2 ?
djdannyd 1:54 AM - 3 July, 2012
Quote:
can the SL-1 be used with 2.4.2 ?

yes
Todd Analog 10:14 PM - 18 July, 2012
Just upgraded to 2.4.2 but now my VFX-1's top effect trigger light is missing??? very strange as the bottom ones fine...

Changed USB cable, rebooted but still no light WTF?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:41 AM - 19 July, 2012
Hi Todd Analog,

As the beta is now over, I recommend that you start a new help request regarding this issue -> serato.com (click link).

Cheers!