Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Best Itch FX for song transitions?

DJ Rkade 10:40 PM - 7 May, 2012
I'm a long time VirtualDJ user with the NS6 and I fell in love with the amount of effects they have available.

Now that Serato Video is out, I'm trying to see if I should switch back to the new Itch, but the biggest issue I have is the lack of any type of FX. I'm trying to get a flanged loop out/echo out effect that made some of my transitions pretty sick. I

t's very similar to what you hear radio dj's use and it sometimes makes hard transitions even easier.

What FX settings are you guys using to simulate this? I know the ECHO is broken, so I imagine that is possibly a big reason why I can't get anything good from that. Any advice or help would be great.

Also, is there a way to save what FX are used on load up? It always seems to revert to Reverb and Tremolo.. I don't care to use either and would rather save to HPF and LPF.

Thanks.
DJ Fez 4:29 AM - 8 May, 2012
dont bother. the effects are very weak. check out the new pioneer rmx 1000, looks pretty awesome if you have the $
DJPrice_inMD 3:06 PM - 8 May, 2012
tremolo set at 1/1 or lower works well for me. The HPF and LPF are crucial of course...and that's about it.
DJ Rkade 10:12 PM - 8 May, 2012
That's depressing that I'd have to look at a 700$ unit for real FX when VirtualDJ has it for free...
hamplifier 12:50 AM - 9 May, 2012
yeah unfortunatley the effects in itch are stuffed , unless you revert back to the older versions :(
only ones i use are HPF LPF as thats all i find actually works well still
DJ Fez 2:53 AM - 9 May, 2012
Maybe it’s just me, I didn’t like the effects on VDJ at all either. On Itch I use HPF/LPF and Delay occasionally. Those still work well enough for the untrained ear I think. No crowds really mind at least.
djemdub 10:03 AM - 9 May, 2012
Quote:
I'm trying to get a flanged loop out/echo out effect that made some of my transitions pretty sick.

the closest you can get is making a 1 bar loop and fade away.
you can also play with the flanger effect to see if you can get it to sound okay.

virtual dj's effects arent that great neither.
the effects like "loop out fanged"(or something like that) are the reason why many old school djs hate digital djs.that effect contains an echo, a flanger, a loop, and a fade transition and is all activated with the push of a button.
DjGEeezy 5:22 PM - 13 May, 2012
The effects have been lacking with itch to the point
That i got a korg kp3 to handle the effects
Its way cheaper and has a dope sampler to boot...
bluefoot 11:55 AM - 14 May, 2012
experiment with the delay to emulate an echo in some cases.
Dj Poem 12:26 AM - 19 May, 2012
I like to use the LPF and Delay at 1/1
d:raf 12:54 AM - 19 May, 2012
Quote:
I like to use the LPF and Delay at 1/1

+1.
DJ Rkade 5:43 AM - 6 January, 2018
Sucks this is an effective way to transition that doesn't exist. Wouldn't pay 700 for it..old school DJs hate technology they should stop using cell phones and go back to land lines ...it's here to save from monotonous tasks. DJing is about music selection more than anything. The technique matters to us yet DJs make money hitting pre-recorded mixes 🤣