Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Couple of quick questions???

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Rebelguy 10:03 PM - 4 October, 2005
Hey Folks,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a few quick questions.

#1. I have all my music on an external drive but there are different folders within the drive (80s/Hip Hop/Dance/etc.). Not I imported the songs from those folders into Serato, placed them in crates, relabeled them and then ran overviews. Can I move all the music from the different folders on the hard drive into one main folder now and will Serato still find the music without having to import and run overviews again?

#2. The first import I did for a batch of music came out perfect in the browse window. I am showing BPM/Artist/Song/Genre, but the second batch added a column with the "#" symbol. How can I get rid of this column?

#3. If I have already run my overviews and I use programs such as mixmeister will I have to do it again?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Revolutionary 10:31 PM - 4 October, 2005
1. You will have to import the files into SSL, but luckily for you, you won't have to rebuild the overviews as they're saved within a file.
2. Actually, I don't think there's a way to remove the "#" symbol. It actually tells you in what order the files were imported.
3. I can't guarantee anything, but I tried changing the BPM value of a file in another application and then playing it in SSL, and I didn't have to rebuild the overview. I don't remember if I had to when I used Mixmeister on all my files, but I would probably say that I didn't have to.
Rebelguy 10:43 PM - 4 October, 2005
Thanks for the info. So just to get things straight.

#1. If I do move the files from folder to folder then they should still be okay? It won't matter that I changed the names of the songs within Serato though if I move them right?

#2. The first batch of files I had didn't have the number column. Its not that big of a deal but I do wish I could move the column. Right now I have the BPMs listed first and it is kind of confusing with two rows of numbers next to eachother.

NEW Question:

Right now I have Searto installed on my internal drive. If I wanted install it on my external would it still recognize the overviews from the first install of Serato?
Revolutionary 10:52 PM - 4 October, 2005
1. Sure.
2. Just move the columns by simply dragging them. Check out the tool tips.
3. The overviews are saved within the file, so yeah, it would.
Rebelguy 10:54 PM - 4 October, 2005
I can move all other colums by dragging them except this one. Not sure why. Any other suggestions??

Thanks for all the info again.
Rebelguy 10:55 PM - 4 October, 2005
I forgot to ask. If I move songs to different folders within the hard drive will Serato ask to find them or for a location?
Revolutionary 10:59 PM - 4 October, 2005
Okay, actually, that doesn't work here either. Couldn't you just place a column between the "#" and the BPM though?

SSL won't know that you've moved them. You will simply have to reimport them.
Serato
Josh 11:05 PM - 4 October, 2005
Scratch LIVE will no longer be able to find them, you should import them again from the new location and delete the old entries.