DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Vendor Insurance

Dj K.Smith 8:54 PM - 4 January, 2008
Wassup SSL Fam,

Real question time... How many of you have vendor insurance? I know a few other folks on here are "legit" 9-5 type dj's hence their operations would be more the type to have that coverage... I just would like to know because I'm looking into getting some vendor insurance and also if you have some info one "One Day Event" insurance that would be helpful...

Carrier
Price
etc..

Thanks
JayDJ130 9:39 PM - 4 January, 2008
I got my insurance through RV Nuccio (www.rvnuccio.com) I'm pretty sure they do on-time insurance as well. You get discounts if you are a member of the ADJA too. I only got my insurance in November, so I haven't had too much experience with it, but so far, so good. I got a 1 mil liability policy. That wasn't too expensive. I think it was $200 for a year. The property insurance is where they get you. Costs about %1 of the replacement cost of your gear. Hope that helps.
Dj K.Smith 9:42 PM - 4 January, 2008
Yeah I just called them and left a message... Waiting to hear back from them...
Logisticalstyles 9:49 PM - 4 January, 2008
I've been thinking about getting my equipment insured. I want it to be insured against theft, damage, and possibly loss. I might get a liability policy as well, if it's cheap enough. A couple of weeks ago one of my speakers almost fell on a customer. That could have been potentially expensive.
Dj K.Smith 10:03 PM - 4 January, 2008
And also had you potentially in court being sued, lol...
JayDJ130 11:09 PM - 4 January, 2008
You never know what's gonna happen, and even if it's out of your control, you could get sued. I had thought about getting insurance for a LONG time but just never did, then I HAD to get it in order to perform for my new years gig. They required it. So that gave me the push to finally get it.