DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane 62 Denon SC3900 Odyssey Flight FX Case

DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:05 AM - 26 April, 2012
Thanks to Agiprodj specially Dj SMoooo (Kevin) for cracking my credit card again.

i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com

Purchased a thin wireless router and powered usb ports.
There is room under the CD player and mixer for wires or for these usb hub and router.
i45.servimg.com

quick vid of the flashing lights.
Watchwww.youtube.com
AVENUE 12:54 AM - 26 April, 2012
I am getting this case tomorrow.. going with the 12" case..
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:56 AM - 26 April, 2012
why? the 10 fits great.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:57 AM - 26 April, 2012
and its heavier than my roadready now! LOL
DJ Unique 4:17 AM - 26 April, 2012
How much does that weigh?
S3900's + 62 + coffin
djnonstopla323 5:52 AM - 26 April, 2012
IT weights 48lbs
DJ Unique 6:14 AM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
IT weights 48lbs

Not so bad.
I really like that case.
pdidy 7:03 AM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
wireless router

whats that for ?
the_black_one 7:13 AM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
wireless router

whats that for ?

network for the decks to share music between each other
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:17 PM - 26 April, 2012
^^ if you want to use iPad or a laptop with Denons Engine software or if you have 4 sc3900s

If you're using USB hd you can just connect one to the other 3900
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:22 PM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
IT weights 48lbs

Not so bad.
I really like that case.

48 is just the case
17 for the sixty two
19 for each 3900s

Around 103 lbs

The only thing I don't like about the case is that there is longer a handle where the LED panel is. Cannot carry like a suite case.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:28 PM - 26 April, 2012
Oops ^^ there is no handle"
djnonstopla323 6:28 PM - 26 April, 2012
103 lbs is still good oppose to having a coffin for 2 stanton's str8-150 and a a djm 909 mines just to weight around 155lbs but i switched to separate cases ....the coffin is nice tho I wouldn't mind carrying 150lbs again lol
DJ_X_Trodinaire 7:14 PM - 26 April, 2012
^^the older you get the more back pain you get. Just ask K Smith LOL

Coffins are great and easy setup.
But once you get into gigs with no elevator or skinny hallways , it is a PITA
DJ Unique 7:18 PM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
IT weights 48lbs

Not so bad.
I really like that case.

48 is just the case
17 for the sixty two
19 for each 3900s

Around 103 lbs

The only thing I don't like about the case is that there is longer a handle where the LED panel is. Cannot carry like a suite case.

Thanks for the clarification.
Certified Quality Entertainment 7:54 PM - 26 April, 2012
That's a little heavy for a coffin. I thought the 3900s were around 15 pounds too.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:26 PM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
That's a little heavy for a coffin. I thought the 3900s were around 15 pounds too.

My bad! I was searching from google and got shipping weight

Per the the datasheet 3900 are 12 lbs
Rane 62 = 14.lbs
Oddyssey Flight FX = 48lbs
Total 86 lbs

old setup
RoadReady 10 inch coffin = 40.78 lbs
Rane 57 = 12 lbs
CDJ 800Mk2 = 9.3 lbs
Total 71.6 lbs

The oddyssey coffin is definitely heavier and has larger dimensions
DJ Tino C 4:58 AM - 27 April, 2012
How strong is that LED panel light on those Odysseys? I'm afraid of bumping it and cracking it or something, thus defeating the purpose of the case LOL. Still deciding if I want to go with individual or coffin myself, but definitely would like the Flight FX. BTW killed it last Saturday night with the new lighting additions. Was getting compliments all night!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:51 PM - 27 April, 2012
Not sure how thick the panel is, but I guess be careful? lol
Denon DJ, Support
Silvio Z 5:18 PM - 28 April, 2012
@DJ_X_Trodinaire

Cool pics, thanks !
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:30 AM - 2 May, 2012
The only thing, at the moment, that I do not like about my new gear setup :)

instagr.am

2 usb for both sc3900 =Hybrid mode
1 usb for Rane 62
Firewire800 for ext hd
soon cat5 cables if I want to use Denon's Engine software.
Pass the grated cheese please!
Certified Quality Entertainment 11:35 AM - 2 May, 2012
So u need to have both tables plugged in to the computer via usb for hybrid mode?? I only have 2 usb on my comp to begin with !
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:43 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:
So u need to have both tables plugged in to the computer via usb for hybrid mode?? I only have 2 usb on my comp to begin with !

Yep. I bought a powered USB hub and will try that
Certified Quality Entertainment 1:10 PM - 2 May, 2012
That kinda sucks actually. I didnt know that. I was planning on picking up a pair in a few months, but I'm not a fan of that at all being that I only have 2 USB ports on my computer.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:37 PM - 2 May, 2012
I will let you know how the powered hub works.
It is small enough that it can be hidden under the players.

What would you get if you are not getting the sc3900?
the CDJs running on HID more also requires USB for each players.
Certified Quality Entertainment 1:44 PM - 2 May, 2012
I dont know what I would consider getting.

It's funny, i was by BriChi's house a couple of weeks ago messing around with the 3900 (he had one to test out) and his CDJ2000's. He only had 1 hooked up at a time so I guess I never realized that you needed both hooked up via USB since we only had the 1 to play with. He only uses RecordBox with his CDJs so no usb required at all.

Hmmm..decisions decisions.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:54 PM - 2 May, 2012
Funny, I was chatting with Brichi behind the scene when we both got the sc3900s

Another option: just like the CDJs, hook up both players via the Cat5 cables, Hook up External HD to one of the players then you can share music for both players then you wont need a laptop :)

There are numerous ways to use the sc3900 see attached quick guide.
usa.d-mpro.com

I am also shopping for another set of CD players. Waiting on what Pioneer is bringing to the table.

Let me know what you need to know about 3900 setup. I am still learning it too LOL
Johnnynights 2:57 PM - 2 May, 2012
Hey Dj X i want to ask you when you run the sc3900s in hybrid mode is it like a native controller?

How do these denon sc3900 feel similar to 1200s?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:13 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:
Hey Dj X i want to ask you when you run the sc3900s in hybrid mode is it like a native controller?

Yes it is midi mapped. Click the YouTube link on my first post and go to my other sc3900 vids.
Similar to 1200s? If it had 12" platters it could be very close :)

The torque is there. If Dj Switch can scratch on it then my review means nothing LOL
Denon DJ, Support
Silvio Z 4:36 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:
I dont know what I would consider getting.

It's funny, i was by BriChi's house a couple of weeks ago messing around with the 3900 (he had one to test out) and his CDJ2000's. He only had 1 hooked up at a time so I guess I never realized that you needed both hooked up via USB since we only had the 1 to play with. He only uses RecordBox with his CDJs so no usb required at all.

Hmmm..decisions decisions.

The connections are no different than the CDJ2000.
You can use Denon's "engine" app without USB's.

The problem is Apple.
You guys should all write Apple and ask them to add more USB's on their MBP products.
Almost every PC has 3-5 USB ports, standard.
Certified Quality Entertainment 6:18 PM - 2 May, 2012
Silvio, would a powered USB hub be OK to use for the 2 CD players and then have the Hub connected to a USB port to the computer?
Denon DJ, Support
Silvio Z 6:26 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:
Silvio, would a powered USB hub be OK to use for the 2 CD players and then have the Hub connected to a USB port to the computer?

Yes, no problem.
Certified Quality Entertainment 6:32 PM - 2 May, 2012
That's good to know. Can easily hide one underneath the players so that you only have 1 cable connecting to the computer.

By the way...there def is a looping issue that BriChi pointed out! :) lol
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:52 PM - 2 May, 2012
Hey CQE.

Just tried the powered USB and it works fine.
Need to try it out at a gig next Saturday. Good thing its only a Basketball game and another fund raiser gig.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:53 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:

Oh? which? do tell? i want to examine ;)
DJ Unique 11:30 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:

No problem on a MacBook Pro.
I used to do this for my S3700's.
Johnnynights 2:39 AM - 3 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Yes it is midi mapped. Click the YouTube link on my first post and go to my other sc3900 vids.
Similar to 1200s? If it had 12" platters it could be very close :)

The torque is there. If Dj Switch can scratch on it then my review means nothing LOL

Thats awesome,yeah i saw your vids nice setup you got with the 6, these denons sc3900 might be my next purchase
Johnnynights 2:55 AM - 3 May, 2012
^^^ i ment to say 62 mixer lol
Certified Quality Entertainment 2:11 PM - 3 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Oh? which? do tell? i want to examine ;)

I think it was only when using engine. But if you make a manual loop, the first replay of the loop (as soon as you hit exit) is OK, but when the loop continues, it seems that the loop is cut short on the exit thus not making it a clean loop.

There was no issue with the autoloop function though (and i think while using serato it was fine too), just when using engine and doing manual loop.
DJANGEL "EL FUERTE" 7:04 AM - 6 May, 2012
Can you browse your SSL library on hybrid MIDI on the S3900? I know the hot cues dont work...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:16 PM - 6 May, 2012
Quote:
Can you browse your SSL library on hybrid MIDI on the S3900? I know the hot cues dont work...

Yes you can, but you wont see the names of the song on the sc3900 like the newer CDJs
Hot cues work, you, just cannot delete from the sc3900 at the moment.
DJANGEL "EL FUERTE" 5:07 PM - 6 May, 2012
For some reason I cant! I did last week with the S3700 but not with the S3900. I post a thread in Denon DJ Forums. Thanks X
mle 9:56 PM - 6 May, 2012
Is the coffin model FFX10CDJWBL? How much did you pay for it?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:41 PM - 6 May, 2012
Quote:
For some reason I cant! I did last week with the S3700 but not with the S3900. I post a thread in Denon DJ Forums. Thanks X

DJ Angel, did you download the map from DenonDJ?

Also you need to change the Midi channel on each 3900 to Midi 5 and 6
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:42 PM - 6 May, 2012
Quote:
FFX10CDJWBL

Yes that is the model. Contact AGIPRODJ.com for pricing ;)
DJANGEL "EL FUERTE" 5:44 PM - 7 May, 2012
Thanks to all for the help! I just rebooted yesterday and everyhting is working fine. both files in the folder (MIDI) NP! thanks
BriChi 9:19 PM - 7 May, 2012
hey guys, just my 2 cents since I had the deck to play around with for a week

the only difference/disadvantage to the hookup between the CDJ and 3900 is you need usb AND rca from the 3900's, with the CDJ's, only usb. If you use your own all in one case, who cares, the stuff is always hooked up anyway

the usb hub will work fine, with the CDJ's I always have used a usb hub for HID and it works great, just always make sure your SL box plugs directly into the laptop, not through a usb hub

I like that Apple has smaller, thinner laptops with firewire ports and everything on 1 side vs pc laptops that have shit all over the sides, back, front, etc.... and are bigger, this is why they make hubs so Apple, keep doing what you do!

as far as the loop bug, it is easily reproducible, just set a manual loop and the first time you hit "B" the loop with be a little off then correct itself the next time around, Denon has acknowledged this and they are looking into it, so again, no big deal, the auto loops were great
BriChi 9:23 PM - 7 May, 2012
oh and DJ_X_Trodinaire, case looks great! Enjoy the new toys!
Dj K.Smith 2:53 AM - 8 May, 2012
Quote:
^^the older you get the more back pain you get. Just ask K Smith LOL

Coffins are great and easy setup.
But once you get into gigs with no elevator or skinny hallways , it is a PITA

Who's old? You maybe but not me, LOL...
mle 5:47 PM - 9 May, 2012
Got my case yesterday... Couldn't ask for a better fit. Seemed like it was specifically designed
for the 62 and 3900's :P
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:39 PM - 9 May, 2012
Quote:
Got my case yesterday... Couldn't ask for a better fit. Seemed like it was specifically designed

Congrats!

The only issue I am having is wiring it up to run with USB hub and wireless router if I want to use Engine. The router I bought is a bit bulky to be placed under the players or mixer
Dj K.Smith 8:09 PM - 10 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Congrats!

The only issue I am having is wiring it up to run with USB hub and wireless router if I want to use Engine. The router I bought is a bit bulky to be placed under the players or mixer

Shoulda got the case with the shelf dude... D'oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:49 PM - 10 May, 2012
Nah i like the laptop on the side. And your case is bigger/bulkier because of the shelf
mle 12:21 AM - 11 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Congrats!

Shoulda got the case with the shelf dude... D'oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I think the glide style cases are too big and waste room in the cover. I mounted my usb 3.0 hub to the top of the wooden connection cover. I use an Uberstand with the base removed and made a slot for it to slip in for the laptop.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:29 AM - 11 May, 2012
Quote:

Yeah, I think the glide style cases are too big and waste room in the cover. I mounted my usb 3.0 hub to the top of the wooden connection cover. I use an Uberstand with the base removed and made a slot for it to slip in for the laptop.

Post pics of the setup!

Damnit I think we got the same setup! I also have the uberstand LOL
I want to see the mod.

Also my light controller for the case seems to be broken or not sensitive enough? I got the sound active mic cranked and it still barely picking up the sound.
ParisCreative 1:11 PM - 1 July, 2013
OK time to resurrect an old thread for a specific question. Long term durability. Any issues? Chipped paint. Do you wheel it around or carry it on a dolly?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:54 PM - 1 July, 2013
No Issues with mine. Definitely easy to scratch. Buy black Sharpies ;)
I always use a cart to haul my gear. I probably used the case by itself, on wheels, 3-4 times since last year.
ParisCreative 9:58 PM - 1 July, 2013
Just how much space do you have under the decks and mixer? And can you put anything in the "front" (crowd facing side) of the case? I want to mount a Firewire+USB hub but want to make sure it will have the clearance (1.4" high)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:35 PM - 1 July, 2013
You don't have that much clearance under the decks or mixer. 3/4" space.
I have all my wires tucked under the cd players and 62.
I have a small power strip on the left side. To the right, My Macbook Pro power supply and Hard drive power supply in the back of the cd players.

Here is a pic of my case.
instagram.com
ParisCreative 11:01 PM - 1 July, 2013
Thank you for that inside shot. :)