DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Have you guys seen this...

Prime-X 4:44 AM - 27 September, 2005
Have you guys seen this new mixer coming out from Allen-Heath this coming x'mas or January probably? It's the Allen-Heath 3D...BAD ASS mixer, it has 2 midi/usb input, 4 regular channel, 12 inputs, and you know this mixer when it comes in quality it's like Rane....awesome mixer. It's just the price that makes the people stay away from it, but this mixer is guys 1300 pounds which in US dollars it'll be $1500 or a little bit more. Hey this is cheap price compare to the old Allen-Heath mixer. Plus, here's what this mixer can do...you can mix with ableton live, serato, cd, vinyl, or any other application. This is good that I waited for this mixer I was going get The Rane 56 but now I change my mind I think I'm getting this baby. 'ey I still love rane ok but I need something that can handle my applications and my gear. If I ever still have any extra money I would probably still get the 56.

DN-S3500...ssssssh. Look at the new Numard HD turntable cd player. It has a built in hard drive with 80gb, it's removable, and you can just plug it to a mac or pc to update your mp3 filesl, it has 4.7 torque, with other effects. I was gonna get this before but without the hard drive but I feel in love with the DN-S5000 because of it's features. 2 tracks at the same, effects, sampler, hot cue, but the torque is the only problem....bad. :( But this new Numark it's really calling me....BUY ME-BUY ME-BUY ME! But I'll hold on to that see if Denon will come out with something new, maybe something like the DN-S5000 but with torque, a built hard drive, and size probably a little bit begger that the old model.

Anyways, I'm now really waiting for the Allen-Heath 3D mixer...my soon to be baby. Come to daddy.
Revolutionary 5:06 AM - 27 September, 2005
Quote:
serato

All mixers that have line inputs can do that...
Rebelguy 5:08 AM - 27 September, 2005
But it's Numark. Do a search on the web and you will find a lot of unhappy and disgruntled CDX users. Since they are basically built on the same framework there may still be some problems. The other dumb things is that you can't use the CD drive is something happens to the hard drive. What happens if it crashes during a show?
JohnDP1 7:33 AM - 27 September, 2005
i will deffo buy the Xone 3D, its just blistering!!!!

JDP
DJ Ty - agiprodj 9:44 AM - 27 September, 2005
I have a pair of CDXs and they get 20 hard hours of use every week. I guess I was just lucky.

I am considering selling my Xone:92 to get a 3D...very cool !!
boabmatic 10:20 AM - 27 September, 2005
I had problems with my cdx's reading my disks until I got this info on how to fix them...

cdxforum.com

Although my cdxs haven't been switched on since I got serato as I'm back using my 1200's.
212121 11:49 AM - 27 September, 2005
if you don't use ableton live whu would you want to buy a xone 3d? did i miss something? because im saving money to get a xone 92
JohnDP1 11:56 AM - 27 September, 2005
That mixer will be the shizzle in a couple of months time...
BassChamber 11:57 AM - 27 September, 2005
what would really be awesome if we could control SSL internal mode with a xone3d alike mixer.

mp4 seems very basic to me, it only allows to xfader between tracks, and the rest of controls has to be controlled with computer keyboard, isnt it?

imagine a mixer with SSL controls integrated: scratch wheels, pitch bend, play/stop, markers...