Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Handbrake not ripping entire chapter

j_dim 2:49 AM - 19 December, 2007
i noticed the vids that i rip dont fade out right, end parts of video are missing, and the song ends with a sharp stop.

has anyone else had this issue?
gmoney1975 6:07 AM - 19 December, 2007
The problem I had with handbrake and PromoOnly videos is that Handbrake doesn't recognize or merges short chapters (like video intro's). This being said, the number sequence and video time is all jacked up when the video decodes later chapters.

For example, if you want to encode chapter 5 of Jan08 Hot Video, handbrake might combine 1,2 & 3,4.... but the time for that it assigns to chapter 5 you are trying to encode is the time from chapter 3 (because it combined 1,2 and 3,4 in its logic). So if chapter 5 was shorter than chapter 3 in time, chapter 5 would be 'cut-off'. Not sure how to get around this.
j_dim 12:37 PM - 21 December, 2007
so every one that is ripping vids using handbrake basically have the end parts cut short? im using another software for now. until i get a workaround
DJ Lil Vito 2:03 PM - 21 December, 2007
No probs here... yet.
j_dim 10:29 PM - 21 December, 2007
Quote:
No probs here... yet.

are you ripping promo only dvds?
Brian Morton 10:58 PM - 21 December, 2007
I'm having the same issue with Promo Only DVDs both on Mac and on PC...
j_dim 7:55 AM - 22 December, 2007
well it works fine if you use Roxio Crunch, or other converting software, problem is handbrake has dope quality. are there any other ripping apps that is close to handbrake's quality?
Dj Blaze 7:53 AM - 21 May, 2008
bump*
Cinteam 1:33 PM - 18 June, 2017
I met this problem the other day. After I added a DVD file into Handbrake and then selected the longest title to rip. When I play the ripped DVD movie, I found it's not the main movie, I got the wrong one. Then I followed this tutorial: www.videoconverterfactory.com It helps me out of this trouble quickly. Awesome!!!