Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

sites for dl legal video files

mk-ultra 5:57 AM - 16 December, 2007
can anyone point me in the right direction? a list of legal sites where i can download some video files would help me out a ton. i want to figure out what the hype is about. thanx
marx 6:14 AM - 16 December, 2007
wow here we go.....this is to test me :)
midihendrix 6:32 AM - 16 December, 2007
For testing purposes, I downloaded some videos from www.youtube.com through www.techcrunch.com

Since youtube video is flv format I used the program SUPER www.erightsoft.com to convert the files to H.264 mp4 format.

(although the video quality is bad) It worked ok to quickly test Video-SL.

I have a win xp 1.8ghz centrino with 512 ram and whatever the ibm thinkpad default video card is, and video-SL set to lowest quality. Video playback was slow and occasionally dropped out but it worked 80% of the time. In my task manager scratchlive was 36% and video-sl was 64%.
djsteel 10:26 AM - 16 December, 2007
There is no place to download free, good quality videos. I get Promo Only express Video. It's the only good way to do it. Trust i know i've tried EVERYTHING! ugh. For those of you that want to start messing around with videos for FREE.

Heres the 2 best ways.

Use Videoraptor or download and install the newest version of Realplayer and that allows you download most any video you watch on the wed. a prompt to download the video appears on the top right corner of the video. Then go to www.mtv.com and go searching.
marx 4:08 PM - 16 December, 2007
think of videos like that comparable to playing a 64 but mp3. thats something i wouldn't ever do in the club
DJ EkSeL 1:29 AM - 23 December, 2007
www.digitalvideopool.com is taking off in january 2008
dj-in-norway 1:45 AM - 23 December, 2007
Not many offer download yet, only DVDs sent to you (due to DRM/rights restrictions)

US/UK/Europe :
www.promoonly.com

Europe :
www.mixmash.com

US/Canada:
www.ergmusic.com

USA:
www.thesourceformusic.com

USA:
www.screenplayvj.com

www.jonestm.com (has downloads)

www.therecordpool.com (PCDJ VJ to come pool, might not work in SSL)
djsteel 3:01 AM - 23 December, 2007
Dope! Thx
DJ Grandpa 5:00 PM - 23 December, 2007
> dj-in-norway

Do JonesTM have video for download? I subscribe to VidDisc but havet heard about tdownload. Where n the website did you find that?
dj-in-norway 5:30 PM - 23 December, 2007
@Grandpa

I'm told they have download, but I cant get that info from their site
www.jonestm.com

Other than the indirectly hint that they now offer mpeg2s
DJ Lil Vito 5:57 PM - 23 December, 2007
No JonesTM downloads, only mpeg2 versions of all their vids.
DJ Grandpa 6:56 PM - 23 December, 2007
I subscribe to MPEG2 (data dvd's) and when I spoke to them a few months ago they did't have download.
tehBEN 4:52 AM - 27 December, 2007
WWW.EXCLUSIVEGROOVES.COM they have a video section for VDJs =)
djsteel 7:40 AM - 27 December, 2007
Thx bro it looks cool.
eye357 9:25 PM - 28 December, 2007
Quote:
For testing purposes, I downloaded some videos from www.youtube.com through www.techcrunch.com

Since youtube video is flv format I used the program SUPER www.erightsoft.com to convert the files to H.264 mp4 format.

(although the video quality is bad) It worked ok to quickly test Video-SL.

I have a win xp 1.8ghz centrino with 512 ram and whatever the ibm thinkpad default video card is, and video-SL set to lowest quality. Video playback was slow and occasionally dropped out but it worked 80% of the time. In my task manager scratchlive was 36% and video-sl was 64%.

hey what specs did you used to convert flvs h.264 mp4 but what else..acc, data rate etc...