Mix Emergency 2.0 Is Finally Here

Dj TopDonn 4:24 AM - 27 March, 2012
www.inklen.com

Also check the video here

Watchwww.youtube.com
Code:E 4:30 AM - 27 March, 2012
thank you
DJ Unique 4:43 AM - 27 March, 2012
Very nice but....... have they made it work with SSL yet?
DJ Unique 4:44 AM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
Very nice but....... have they made it work with SSL yet?

2.4 and above
Millz 4:45 AM - 27 March, 2012
At this time, no to 2.4 and newer...
DJ'Que 5:02 AM - 27 March, 2012
I thought ME was $179.

Now its $199 ??
Code:E 5:04 AM - 27 March, 2012
got to pay the piper for waiting it appears. Its still worth it.
Millz 5:05 AM - 27 March, 2012
Jesus Christ dude, sell a couple more hard drives and spend the extra 20 bux lolz
djnak 5:18 AM - 27 March, 2012
hahahahaha que what do you need for anyways sv is working awesome for you....
djcrap 5:42 AM - 27 March, 2012
This is not fair at all i just purchased ME six months ago and now i have to pay another $199 for a new ME 2.0 license ..:(
djcrap 5:51 AM - 27 March, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^ never mind false alarm...:) my old license works fine with 2.0
Millz 5:54 AM - 27 March, 2012
Regarless, even if you had to spend another 200 bux, thats what one night of work? well maybe not for pittsburgh, that would be 2 or 3 nights hahahaha
Kedar 6:09 AM - 27 March, 2012
so does anyone have news on ME's future compatibility with serato? I know it's currently limited to less than 2.4 versions... sad face.
tomatoslice 7:23 AM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
I thought ME was $179.

Now its $199 ??

what do you care?!

remember, your crowd can't tell the difference.
AKIEM 7:32 AM - 27 March, 2012
its worth more
dj_nonez 7:56 AM - 27 March, 2012
Is ME 1.7 Is working on ssl 2.4.1? help pls thanks..
DjBoozie 8:36 AM - 27 March, 2012
I think I just juiced my jockey's,,, Where's My MBP
DjBoozie 8:37 AM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
I thought ME was $179.

Now its $199 ??

He wants to be a part of something,,, Why would you care?
DjBoozie 8:41 AM - 27 March, 2012
Not that I care much but Serato Video Full is Available today as well.. Ummmmm?????
phatbob 9:16 AM - 27 March, 2012
Have to feel a little sorry for Serato today.

"Hey everyone, check out our shiny new car we built!"

Meanwhile Inklen are over in the corner showing off their spaceship.

Only a LITTLE sorry for Serato though, they've had plenty of time to make something more interesting than SV.

Of course, there will those usual suspects who say 'I don't need a spaceship'. Well, you have fun driving around.

I'm getting ready to fly.
DJ Deano 9:36 AM - 27 March, 2012
Nick has said over on the Inklen forum's before.

Current licence holders will be able to upgrade for free to 2.0.
New customers will pay the new price, and also when the next 'update stage' eg 2.1 of ME current licence holders will have to pay a small upgrade fee.
skinnyguy 12:50 PM - 27 March, 2012
and that is fine with me.
Rick Hodgkins 12:57 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
Have to feel a little sorry for Serato today.

But how many ppl are buying hardware/ssl to run ME?
That was the route I took, so it was good for ssl in a way.

With what ME is putting out, I have no problem with an upgrade fee of some kind.
DJ Deano 1:08 PM - 27 March, 2012
I bet i know who are getting the better response on which release has less issues/problems.
DJRemixEnt 1:57 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
Of course, there will those usual suspects who say 'I don't need a spaceship'. Well, you have fun driving around.

^^^
Quote:

Quote:
I thought ME was $179.

Now its $199 ??

take it you couldnt get your hands on a pirated copy of ME? lol
PopRoXxX 2:04 PM - 27 March, 2012
I love all this back & forth. Some guys saying "quit talking about ME, blah blah". Now asking about ME.

I'm SOOOO stoked to just to play with it now.

Upgrade fee? Well worth it for the 2.1 turnaround.

Nick, you kept it real bro. Amazing work!! Now gotta try my new fisheye lens ;)
phatbob 2:05 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:

Debatable, of course.

My venue managers can tell the difference when I run animated QC video overlays with drinks offers and promos on the output whilst still mixing two videos underneath, though. And they're the ones who pay me...
DJRemixEnt 2:11 PM - 27 March, 2012
^^^ same here, ive had many compliments since switching to ME, from patrons and club/bar owners. there is a major noticeable difference. that's y i find it humerous that ppl even make that statement
PopRoXxX 2:21 PM - 27 March, 2012
P.S. - how you guys loving that Serato Splash screen ;-P
PopRoXxX 2:21 PM - 27 March, 2012
^^^^ lol!
Millz 2:25 PM - 27 March, 2012
Whats going to happen when Fatboy Slim is doing video using Serato Video and the sync is out of wack because of no DELAY COMPENSATION??????????? He could just run his feed thru Mix Emergency ;) jus saying.
Maskrider 2:43 PM - 27 March, 2012
I just hope That Nick will find a way or Serato will let Nick's ME to work in Future releases.
AKIEM 2:49 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
I just hope That Nick will find a way or Serato will let Nick's ME to work in Future releases.
DJ/Vj Paul Surreal 3:27 PM - 27 March, 2012
Millz dropping truth all over this forum.
Dj Nyce 3:57 PM - 27 March, 2012
good times
Joshua Carl 5:22 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
Whats going to happen when Fatboy Slim is doing video using Serato Video and the sync is out of wack because of no DELAY COMPENSATION??????????? He could just run his feed thru Mix Emergency ;) jus saying.

after watching his last few video sets today
its clearly running to a video person somewhere.
maybe video capture device into something.
can see it in the transitions to the live cam feeds, and some of the visuals.
DJ'Que 8:40 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I thought ME was $179.

Now its $199 ??

what do you care?!

not that I care, but im not on inklen site.

but I clicked it to see all what it does and saw the price and was like wasn't it always $179 that's all I was saying.
Code:E 8:42 PM - 27 March, 2012
^^^ <speculation> Some deal with ME and serato caused the prices to be raised <speculation/>
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:12 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
^^^ <speculation> Some deal with ME and serato caused the prices to be raised <speculation/>

And pure speculation this is. Inklen drive their own prices, nothing to do with us.
Code:E 9:20 PM - 27 March, 2012
I didn't expect to get a response from serato. But that takes care of that.... I realistically would assume that inklen raised there price cause they can, inflation, all the extra work he put into it... That is the most likely reason for the price increase.
DJMark 9:23 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
I didn't expect to get a response from serato. But that takes care of that.... I realistically would assume that inklen raised there price cause they can, inflation, all the extra work he put into it... That is the most likely reason for the price increase.

They put WAYYYYY more than $20 of extra effort into ME 2.0. It's a really amazing update.

/understatement.of.the.decade
Code:E 10:36 PM - 27 March, 2012
Well i agree %100 with that. there is far more $20 worth of better features added to ME.
L2daGee 10:42 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
I thought ME was $179.

Now its $199 ??

You get what you pay for. Quality costs money...
DJRemixEnt 11:45 PM - 27 March, 2012
Vsl was 199.... And didn't have any where near the features or functionality of ME for 179.

If ME was 300, that would still be a great deal considering the endless options that come with the software.
popnwave 11:56 PM - 27 March, 2012
When I was young and didn't value my own time I used to bitch about software costs. Now I know what I am worth and what other people's time is worth, especially when they provide me with a quality product.

ME is the best at the moment, but Serato Video is still a great gateway to videos for a great number of people out there.
JohnCaniford 3:21 AM - 28 March, 2012
So this little upgrade fee from 2.0 to 2.1 someone mentioned... is that meaning it will work with serato again :-) ?!?!?!
AKIEM 4:06 AM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
So this little upgrade fee from 2.0 to 2.1 someone mentioned... is that meaning it will work with serato again :-) ?!?!?!

now that would be a conspiracy
skinnyguy 4:10 AM - 28 March, 2012
i think that was just how he was planning it, regardless of the whole fiasco.
Code:E 4:41 AM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:

No that was never mentioned. Inklen wanted to give all ME users a taste of what ME 2.0 can do and instead of charging for the upgrade from 1.7 to 2.0 Inklen has said that they will charge for the upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1.
I think this is a great idea to give ever ME user a a taste of 2.0 without charging them.

And this by no means guarantees any future forum of ME will work with serato. But dose give incentive for Nick to try and make it work as Im sure all ME users would pay for the upgrade to make it work. But there is still the possibility that it will never happen.
L2daGee 6:22 AM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
Vsl was 199.... And didn't have any where near the features or functionality of ME for 179.

If ME was 300, that would still be a great deal considering the endless options that come with the software.

That's why they lowered the price of SV. Serato knew they couldn't compete with ME with a $199 price tag.
Code:E 6:52 AM - 28 March, 2012
Im glad they did.... It helps to show people you get what you pay for.
ta2423 9:13 AM - 28 March, 2012
On the cool. Shit just got real. +1 M.E.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:50 AM - 28 March, 2012
If you want to know why the cost went up just do a search for threads on mix emergency on the serato forums, when you have 100+ threads on a "competitors" forum full of people ranging from boycotting the product to mass suicide because the competitors software isnt compatable with yours the good busniess move is to use that momentum to hike the price, supply and DEMAND. Im suprised it only went up as little as it did. I can think of very few cases where the state of the plug in outweighed the plug but this is one
Rick Hodgkins 12:02 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
I can think of very few cases where the state of the plug in outweighed the plug but this is one

+1, it is pretty remarkable
DJRemixEnt 12:53 PM - 28 March, 2012
either way i dont think serato is losing a shit load of money to ME... i'm pretty sure most ME users bought VSL first then happened to stumble on ME in these forums, and made the switch
DJRemixEnt 12:57 PM - 28 March, 2012
^or in my case, i happened to be in a club in utah and saw the Dj's spinning logo on the screens and the DJ put me up on ME... came here to serato forums to do a lil research and saw everybody ranting and raving about how great ME was, and made the switch
PopRoXxX 2:23 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
either way i dont think serato is losing a shit load of money to ME... i'm pretty sure most ME users bought VSL first then happened to stumble on ME in these forums, and made the switch

Good point. And, I also see them making a tad more money with them including Itch users with video now.

*BUT* .... I also see Serato needing to take MORE time to fix bugs & hiccups not only with PC users on SSL but ALL Itch users (PC & Mac). So an update will probably take more time from Serato with all the different PCs vs Macs & SSL vs Itch peeps *sigh*. Good thing I'm an ME user :-P
Millz 2:38 PM - 28 March, 2012
What would Serato do if ME worked with Itch? :)
PopRoXxX 2:44 PM - 28 March, 2012
Shouldn't that be .... " ;) "
PopRoXxX 2:45 PM - 28 March, 2012
I would see that it would only be on Mac and that Nick would not release the program till it's fully ready for both platforms
L2daGee 7:05 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:

I never purchased VSL. Only ME. I win.
phatbob 7:09 PM - 28 March, 2012
I bought both, and I don't regret either purchase. I like choice, and I'm happy to pay to keep that choice available. Monopolies aren't good for innovation.
DJ Soup 7:15 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
What would Serato do if ME worked with Itch? :)

I would buy a Mac and ME if it worked with Itch.
DJ'Que 7:22 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

And this could be why ME stops at 2.2.3. He was able to bypass serato codes to make his program software work and cut $199 from serato.

Now serato could be like ok you cant do that no more and we will give you the code on that condition and a fee & percentage of every sale u make.

Cuz without serato video there no ME
DJRemixEnt 8:35 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:

not saying anything bad about SSL cuz it's great software, but if inklen was to manufacture a stand alone dvs that was as rock solid as ME... and was geared towards MAC only... i think things would get pretty quiet on the SSL side... im pretty sure apple would be selling a few more MBP's as well
skinnyguy 8:38 PM - 28 March, 2012
and that is what will stifle growth in the vj world.

at their current rate, it will take YEARS to catch up to ME if ME fades away.

ME leads the pack compared to other vj software for dj's. if ME is able to work with other software, the hardcore vj's will follow, no doubt.
Code:E 8:38 PM - 28 March, 2012
Maybe SSL can license a copy of its software to ME to use that will only work on mac and must be bought and paid for (still only working with rane boxes). And them Inklen can tweak it however they like.
skinnyguy 8:40 PM - 28 March, 2012
can't see why they can't make it possible for an outside "plug-in" to work. adobe does it with photoshop. other audio software allow vst plug-ins and whatever. serato also has a pitch n time plug-in, right? which works with other audio editing software?

they don't even have to make it super open to everything for now. just a small tick-box to allow ME to run or not...just like with SV/VSL.
AKIEM 8:42 PM - 28 March, 2012
They can allow ME, they chose not to 'in order to focus on SV'
DJRemixEnt 8:44 PM - 28 March, 2012
from wikipedia:

"Serato was first known for its popular Pro Tools plug-in Pitch N Time which was sold predominantly to the film industry"
Code:E 8:49 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
other audio software allow vst plug-ins

And serato should follow suit. the only reason i can see them no opening up to things like this is, Serato is kinda of Idiot proof in the DJ world. its hard to fuck up and just works. it works because you cant tweak it. If you want to tweak your software you buy traktor or VDJ. unfortunately Serato with ME is the best way to do video currently. So Vj are stuck with this very uncompromising software.
DJ Deano 8:55 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:

Really ? Is that the case?

I don't think so, ME is also a stand alone product, granted it works better if you are using videos and scratch live.

But if you want to just fill bars/clubs screens with motion graphics, custom promo offers, live camera feeds, and everything else ME can do, why not use it as a stand alone product?
It will work better than some other video/graphics application for screens

It all boils down to the application you need it to work for.
Code:E 9:04 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
But if you want to just fill bars/clubs screens with motion graphics, custom promo offers, live camera feeds, and everything else ME can do, why not use it as a stand alone product?

I do this all the time. Thats why i have asked inklen many times to increase the size of the media bank!
Frankie Glasses 9:34 PM - 28 March, 2012
Damn!! What are we gonna talk about on the forums when ME gets compatible with 2.4+.
skinnyguy 9:39 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
other audio software allow vst plug-ins

And serato should follow suit. the only reason i can see them no opening up to things like this is, Serato is kinda of Idiot proof in the DJ world. its hard to fuck up and just works. it works because you cant tweak it. If you want to tweak your software you buy traktor or VDJ. unfortunately Serato with ME is the best way to do video currently. So Vj are stuck with this very uncompromising software.

yes, and it worked before, as experienced by many ME users. allow it to "piggy back" on and nothing else. the ssl world will still be "walled" and safe as it was previously.
L2daGee 10:43 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And this could be why ME stops at 2.2.3. He was able to bypass serato codes to make his program software work and cut $199 from serato.

Now serato could be like ok you cant do that no more and we will give you the code on that condition and a fee & percentage of every sale u make.

I would gladly pay Serato $199 for their SV program if it meant Mix Emergency would work again. Then everyone's happy.
PopRoXxX 11:22 PM - 29 March, 2012
Quote:
Damn!! What are we gonna talk about on the forums when ME gets compatible with 2.4+.

Right??! That's what I was thinking. LMAO!
AKIEM 11:26 PM - 29 March, 2012
We can always talk about auto sync
PopRoXxX 11:28 PM - 29 March, 2012
^^^^ Hahahahaha!
AKIEM 11:47 PM - 29 March, 2012
Bets
ME or Auto-Sync - what happens first?
Frankie Glasses 11:47 PM - 29 March, 2012
ME
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:22 AM - 30 March, 2012
lol!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:09 AM - 30 March, 2012
Quote:
Bets
ME or Auto-Sync - what happens first?

Karaoke!!
Dj Nyce 4:10 PM - 31 March, 2012
here is my east orange MixEmergency theme

www.flickr.com
phatbob 4:24 PM - 31 March, 2012
That's pretty full-on, Nyce! I'm rocking the 80's neon green & black look at the moment. I'll try and grab a screenshot tonight if I remember.
Code:E 7:59 PM - 31 March, 2012
What how did i love look that fact we can do this with ME now!!!
Nyce are you running the twitter quartz comp in the photo?
Dj Nyce 8:12 PM - 31 March, 2012
Quote:

yeah. Nick tweaked it a little bit so now and fixed a few bugs. it works surprisingly well.
e.rich 8:49 PM - 31 March, 2012
how do you change the colors on the windows in 2.0? i've looked through everything and must be missing something.
e.rich 9:24 PM - 31 March, 2012
nevermind. just found this.

www.inklen.com
phatbob 9:33 PM - 31 March, 2012
It's not an 'official' feature but Nick posted how to do it on their forum. Do a search for 'colour XML'.
tomatoslice 9:36 PM - 31 March, 2012
oh man, i can not wait to get home and work on this.

going to make a blue and yellow theme.
or if i get it down a 3 complimentary scheme.
tomatoslice 9:53 PM - 31 March, 2012
took about 10 seconds to do a simple red background.
this just made the program #1 for me the upteenth time.

i4.photobucket.com
popnwave 9:54 PM - 31 March, 2012
MMM I like the added contrast of that.
skinnyguy 10:10 PM - 31 March, 2012
and now a way to (unofficially) change the color of the look of the gui....as revealed by the coder.

is serato going to add this feature before inklen does?
tomatoslice 10:27 PM - 31 March, 2012
here's a deep black i did accidentally.

i4.photobucket.com
DjBoozie 10:29 PM - 31 March, 2012
could you make a quick video slice?
tomatoslice 10:45 PM - 31 March, 2012
well, not really since i am i have the mental capacity of a cigarette butt.
my mind works like this; put something in it, something goes out of it.
i can learn to do something quickly but if i don't keep working with it i will forget it.
when i don't work on something for awhile, sometimes even a few days, i forget everything.
it has been long time since i worked with xml. explaining xml on video would be a series of brainfarts.

what i am doing and will do;
1) going through the code and labeling what each does.
2) will upload the code or create a walk through what i have changed.
3) sell you themes...jking...but seriously people can/should market themes.
tomatoslice 10:53 PM - 31 March, 2012
The Red - Background Theme.
The so easy "A Monkey Can Do It" Theme

1) make sure you have a backup of the colors.xml file.
2) open the file
3) you will see these lines in the first section.
<colors>
<color>
<name>Background</name>
<white>0.165</white>
</color>
4) in line 4, change the <white>0.165</white> to <red>0.75</red>
5) save it, done.

like i said it has been quite awhile since i worked with xml, the deep black was a total fkup with a blue and red. how i did that?? idk. i could show you but it's not the proper way to do it.
Code:E 11:44 PM - 31 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

yeah. Nick tweaked it a little bit so now and fixed a few bugs. it works surprisingly well.

Where is the tweeked one i have the old one, it worked ok, but not great.
tomatoslice 11:48 PM - 31 March, 2012
lol...is that spam on the twitter feed??
Dj Nyce 12:52 AM - 1 April, 2012
yep. It's is spam. So much on twitter these days.
Dj Nyce 12:55 AM - 1 April, 2012
latest twitter qc is here:
www.inklen.com
DJMisterE 4:05 AM - 1 April, 2012
What color schemes are you guys rocking?
tomatoslice 6:21 AM - 1 April, 2012
Quote:
What color schemes are you guys rocking?

I'm just running red background until I make something better.
See link a few posts up.

I'd like to see others though.
jevo9 6:09 AM - 4 April, 2012
can someone make this a little more clear.. do i divide each rgb color by 255?
jevo9 6:13 AM - 4 April, 2012
nevermind i got it! lol
DjayRage 2:38 PM - 4 April, 2012
I paid $200 for VSL because I'm a PC user, but I would gladly pay double for ME to work on a PC based on the features and how you guys all seem to agree that it is the best way to go.
phatbob 2:42 PM - 4 April, 2012
One of the reasons ME works so well is because it is tightly coded purely for OSX.

If Inklen made a version for Windows it wouldn't be as good as it is now.

Just buy a mac if you want to do video, with Serato Video or ME. If nothing else, Quartz Composer is shaping up to be a big factor in the future of visual production, and on Windows you're always gonna miss out on that.
DJRemixEnt 2:45 PM - 4 April, 2012
^the reason ME works so well is because it made specifically for MAC... if you bring windows into the mix...then there are a shit load of problems that are gonna come with it. just save your dough and buy a mac
DJRemixEnt 2:47 PM - 4 April, 2012
update lag...lol

no intentions on echoing phatbob!
DjayRage 2:50 PM - 4 April, 2012
Yeah the main reason I would buy a Mac is to use ME. Thanks guys. I'm no even sure what Quartz compositions are (gotta get to googling)..
The biggest feature I would want is the ability to record my vid mixes. Over the years I have always tried to record myself live at gigs to see what things sounded good and where I can improve. I do have a DVD recorder but I don't want to be hauling that to all my gigs.
Maskrider 3:39 PM - 4 April, 2012
I used to be a PC but now I'm on MAC and the difference is truly worth it....I'm not hating on PC but it does have problems.....On MAC out the box without tinkering....Boom...USB buffer down to 1.........lol
skinnyguy 7:53 PM - 4 April, 2012
Quote:
I paid $200 for VSL because I'm a PC user, but I would gladly pay double for ME to work on a PC based on the features and how you guys all seem to agree that it is the best way to go.

well, get ready to pay around 10x that amount if you want to use ME
Code:E 8:08 PM - 4 April, 2012
I bought a mac for ME.....
tomatoslice 8:36 PM - 4 April, 2012
Quote:

lol...i bought a mac for vsl.
Code:E 8:38 PM - 4 April, 2012
Then moved over to ME? I thought i read a post saying you use ME?
tomatoslice 8:57 PM - 4 April, 2012
the story is;
i needed to start doing video. serato was soon to release vsl. i had enough foresight to think "mac will be better for vsl." so i got a loan from my agent, bought a mac and then vsl the week it came out.
a little more than 3 years ago i needed to record video sets, bought mix emergency and haven't looked back.
Joshua Carl 9:31 PM - 4 April, 2012
Quote:

ditto.
DjBoozie 9:42 PM - 4 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

ditto.

Ditto ditto
Joshua Carl 9:47 PM - 4 April, 2012
and my house went from NO MAC products in 2009 to

2 I pods
2 i phones
2 mac book pros
1 Imac
and just added, 1 Ipad.
Code:E 12:10 AM - 5 April, 2012
which ipad? i'm thinking of getting the new one for midi commands to ME. and to control the sp6 bank better.
Dj Nyce 1:20 AM - 5 April, 2012
Quote:
which ipad? i'm thinking of getting the new one for midi commands to ME. and to control the sp6 bank better.

if you don't have one already get the latest version. the screen is def a game changer.
WarpNote 4:06 AM - 5 April, 2012
Quote:
I bought a mac for SSL.....

I did that thing... ;)
Code:E 5:09 AM - 5 April, 2012
Ya i was thinking that new higher def screen would help... I have good isight so i could make lable real small land still see them.... I have my resolution maxed on my 17inch pro and all my other dj buddys are like "how can you read that" I would freak out if the founts where any bigger. I like to see as many tracks as possible.
DJ Unique 5:38 AM - 5 April, 2012
Quote:
I bought a mac for SSL.....

Same here.
tomatoslice 5:42 AM - 5 April, 2012
for SSL?!?

pc runs great on that...at least it did way back on 1.6.
Code:E 5:50 AM - 5 April, 2012
PC's do run SSL and the bridge great... Well for me they did... But video, video sucks on anything buy a mac.
WarpNote 6:45 AM - 5 April, 2012
Quote:
for SSL?!?

pc runs great on that...at least it did way back on 1.6.

I did run SSL (1.7 & 1.8) on a PC for about a year, then switched. Never looked back.
The PC was a highend Dell mobile workstation, needless to say, the mid specced MBP blew it out of the water. Its now 4+ years and still going strong..
skinnyguy 9:24 AM - 5 April, 2012
i still run ssl 2.0 on a core2duo with xp. but got the mac for video.
phatbob 10:00 AM - 5 April, 2012
Quote:
Ya i was thinking that new higher def screen would help... I have good isight so i could make lable real small land still see them.... I have my resolution maxed on my 17inch pro and all my other dj buddys are like "how can you read that" I would freak out if the founts where any bigger. I like to see as many tracks as possible.

Even on a retina iPad though, you can only make the buttons a certain size though, unless you have tiny girlie fingers... 'cos you've still got to push them! ;-)
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:41 PM - 5 April, 2012
Id go with the new one, im doing the same as you and what tipped it in the new ipads favor is the hd video capabilitys, prob could for midi as well as webcam/videos for promo vids
Code:E 5:39 PM - 5 April, 2012
my GF would be using it since she does all the video efx for me so i can focus on the music.
Quote:
tiny girlie fingers

Are no a problem.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:07 PM - 5 April, 2012
^pics or it didnt happen.lol
Code:E 8:01 PM - 5 April, 2012
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:40 PM - 5 April, 2012
Dope, I had the same idea, that also explains how you can use that video controller efficently. Just dont piss hee off, no tellin what kinada pics or txt overlays may poo up in the big screen lol
chaka 1:39 AM - 6 April, 2012
So any word if this will work with SSL 2.4 or above?
L2daGee 3:00 AM - 6 April, 2012
Quote:
So any word if this will work with SSL 2.4 or above?

Seriously? No, no, and no!
jevo9 3:19 AM - 6 April, 2012
Me won't work on 2.4 for a super long time
chaka 5:27 PM - 6 April, 2012
Is this a Serato haterade move?

All this is going to inspire ME to do is team up with somebody else
phatbob 5:35 PM - 6 April, 2012
The lack of ME support has been discussed TO DEATH.

If you'd like to read EVERY POSSIBLE opinion and argument about it then do a search.

All anyone knows at present is that Inklen & Serato are still in talks, and we're leaving it at that for the time being until we hear something new.
DJ Unique 5:56 PM - 6 April, 2012
I was so tired of people complaining over and over and over again.
So much that I decided to purchase M.E. to see what all the fuss was about.

I won't be one of the ones complaining so much but now I understand why everyone that uses M.E. is so upset. Very solid software.

Since I purchased the 62, I was going to sell my 57SL. Now I'm planning on using the 57SL and the 62 is back inside the box it came in.
Code:E 6:10 PM - 6 April, 2012
Quote:
Dope, I had the same idea, that also explains how you can use that video controller efficently. Just dont piss hee off, no tellin what kinada pics or txt overlays may poo up in the big screen lol

Well she only knows what i have taught her. :)

Quote:
I was so tired of people complaining over and over and over again.
So much that I decided to purchase M.E. to see what all the fuss was about.

I won't be one of the ones complaining so much but now I understand why everyone that uses M.E. is so upset. Very solid software.

Since I purchased the 62, I was going to sell my 57SL. Now I'm planning on using the 57SL and the 62 is back inside the box it came in.

Another convert
chaka 8:40 PM - 6 April, 2012
Yeah - SV looks like noobsauce, so if they are diliberatly holding these guys down - its not cool.

If they ever want progression in the video arena - they are gonna need help on all sides especially since there app has a lot to be desired.

Otherwise Serato should just buy ME and make them a teamplayer
VJBill 8:43 PM - 6 April, 2012
Quote:

I have both ipad 2 and ipad 3 - 3 screen rocks.
However, if your on a budget - I will mention Apple has refurbished ipad 2s 16GB for $350 (how can you resist one?)
Marine 8:33 AM - 7 April, 2012
I think Inklen and rane should team up and make there own dvs. Let serato stay where they are at. Serato is trying to do to much. If rane teams up with inklen they can stick to Mac only and build the best dvs for the future of video djing.
DjBoozie 10:46 AM - 7 April, 2012
www.zzounds.com

Here (IMO) is a direct assault on the 57/61/61. This mixer looks more user friendly (no groups to switch thru...most button are mappable... Man I so want one of these mixers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DjBoozie 10:46 AM - 7 April, 2012
www.zzounds.com

Here (IMO) is a direct assault on the 57/61/61. This mixer looks more user friendly (no groups to switch thru...most button are mappable... Man I so want one of these mixers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Millz 2:37 PM - 7 April, 2012
wait till you see what Pioneer has in store :) mmmmmmmmmm
Rick Hodgkins 3:18 PM - 7 April, 2012
Let me guess....it's plastic and goes round and round...
DjBoozie 4:37 PM - 7 April, 2012
Quote:
wait till you see what Pioneer has in store :) mmmmmmmmmm[/quo
DjBoozie 4:38 PM - 7 April, 2012
Dammit Jack with all these teaser .. I had enough of the ME teaser.. Don't need anymore... thank you very much
Code:E 6:18 PM - 7 April, 2012
Quote:

Do you know something about these fabled new cdj 2000's?
VJ Justin Allen 9:04 PM - 7 April, 2012
Quote:

Had they put this out 3 years ago I doubt some other companies would have ever gotten a foothold.
Code:E 10:26 PM - 7 April, 2012
who has a foothold over pioneer in the mixer or CD player category? Yes rane has a small market share... Pioneer is on 95% of the A, B, C, and D list artist riders. Rane tm57 gets 2nd place with 4% and the Xone:92 gets 3rd.... Yes lots of other DJ's use lots of other brands and lots of those are great mixers... But volume sale (which is what everyone wants) is driven by industry standards. And what kinds of gear Clubs Sound companies and Venue buy.
tomatoslice 10:32 PM - 7 April, 2012
most clubs where i live buy serato rane first and pioneer second on mixers. if they buy a rane box they get pioneer mixers and obviously always get pioneer cdj/dvdjs.
Dj Nyce 10:35 PM - 7 April, 2012
in my experience it has been 60/40 pioneer to rane in the clubs. as long as the turntables are working i don't care if its a pio or rane mixer.
Henry GQ 10:47 PM - 7 April, 2012
i would love to see pioneer develop a mixer similar to 62.. besides the the djmt1. i would highly consider purchasing it. im kind of a pio fan boy. but serato over coems that side of me.. and i just gotta stick with the rane products for now..
DjBoozie 11:40 PM - 7 April, 2012
Rane make a nice mixer. However this is a conclusion I've come up with... here you go.. Rane makes disposal mixer they do nothing to improve the mixers (I.e the 56, 57, or 68) they just come up with some that appears to be new, but after while it quickly becomes a thing of the pass... how man people went out and got the 62 and returned it all ready.. and how many people just said they wasn't going to get it all together. And I don't remember no who said anything about the 61. Now I have had the sl1, sl2 and a 57. Happy with the sl1 but got the sl2 when it came out.. Starting doing Video's and got the 57 cause I didn't know of any other option, Don't hate that I did, but now it's a thing of the pass ALREADY. Now I'll get rid of my 57 cause i really want the djm t1 and 'll use m sl2 box.. Always been a fan of Pioneer products.. my .02
Dj Nyce 2:25 AM - 8 April, 2012
according to dj tech tools the DJM T1 doesn't have fader curve adjustment and no post-fader effects. is that true?
DjBoozie 6:37 AM - 8 April, 2012
I think they update the fireware

Watchwww.youtube.com
Code:E 10:44 AM - 8 April, 2012
Quote:
according to dj tech tools the DJM T1 doesn't have fader curve adjustment and no post-fader effects. is that true?

Fader or Cross fader? Im not a scratch DJ and wouldn't be sad to play on a mixer without a crossfader. Main reason why I HATE!!! the tm57, you cant bypass the crossfader.
Not sure if i want post fader or not... I would like the choice.
tomatoslice 11:02 AM - 8 April, 2012
Quote:
... Main reason why I HATE!!! the tm57, you cant bypass the crossfader.

you can't bypass the crossfader on the 57 but you can set the curve sharp and set ME to crossfade with the volumes.
skinnyguy 10:37 PM - 8 April, 2012
i think the t1 x-fader has a 3-position switch, like some of their other mixers. i think that sucks. why can't they just put a contour curve knob instead.
DjBoozie 2:19 AM - 9 April, 2012
every mixer has some flaws to them.. So like i said before it based on what your needs are in a mixer.. most people don't like 2 channel mixer and some don't like four channel.. So find your deal breaker and stay away from that product
Code:E 9:45 PM - 9 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
... Main reason why I HATE!!! the tm57, you cant bypass the crossfader.

you can't bypass the crossfader on the 57 but you can set the curve sharp and set ME to crossfade with the volumes.

Yes and yes... But i jump around lots!!!!! i mena lots almost lots a djm 2000 this weekend because of it... and that fader will never stay in the center short of taping it there... and thats just a shitty thing todo .. I will stick with my DJM 2000 or 800 anyday.
Code:E 9:48 PM - 9 April, 2012
a 4channel t1 with a crossfader assign switch for each channel so i dont have to use it, dam i would be on that like a fat kick to a cupcake.

Even better if they removed the Traktor parts so i can save some one...

Heres an idea. A mixer with a slot in the back where your SL box slides into..and then a cover goes over the back side for the rest of the connections!! then your SL box could live inside your mixer!!! WOW I'm a fucking genius I better patent that idea before behringer tries it and ruins it for everyone.
Code:E 9:48 PM - 9 April, 2012
*save some money
skinnyguy 11:03 PM - 9 April, 2012
i think akiem might have done that already
AKIEM 11:17 PM - 9 April, 2012
ha
Code:E 11:34 PM - 9 April, 2012
what the hell is an "akiem"
Code:E 11:35 PM - 9 April, 2012
do you mean Akai?? not they havent yet.
Niro 12:45 AM - 10 April, 2012
An "Akiem" is a smart dude.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:23 AM - 10 April, 2012
Quote:

forum member that likes to argue
DJ Unique 3:28 AM - 10 April, 2012
Akiem is the official Serato "Mad Scientist"
L2daGee 5:45 AM - 10 April, 2012
Akiem is the Prince of Zamunda.
DJ Unique 6:31 AM - 10 April, 2012
He has his own money... and when I say he has his own money... I MEAN HE HAS HIS OWN MONEY!!!
djnak 6:59 AM - 10 April, 2012
This Guys Son?
Watchwww.youtube.com
AKIEM 7:06 AM - 10 April, 2012
lol
PopRoXxX 6:37 PM - 10 April, 2012
Quote:

Quote:
An "Akiem" is a smart dude.

LOL! awesome ...
Joshua Carl 9:44 PM - 10 April, 2012
just a man a i met in the restroom....
AKIEM 11:31 PM - 10 April, 2012
Quote:

wtf?
DJ'Que 12:39 AM - 11 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

wtf?
+1 :O
Mix Emergency
Joshua Carl 2:16 AM - 11 April, 2012
Quote:
Akiem is the Prince of Zamunda.

ya'll wack. go watch it.
Joshua Carl 2:21 AM - 11 April, 2012
BTW, in case anyone missed in the other thread.
While the Live twitter feed was developed by a ME user....
its now availible to be used by all.

www.facebook.com

I used it at every spot this weekend and the reception was nothing short of shock & awe.
especially by the Owners/Managers...
Birthday party shouts... no more, tweet it ya damn self!
boom, and out come the cameras.

such a win...
Joshua Carl 2:22 AM - 11 April, 2012
oh, and heres the link
www.inklen.com
Henry GQ 6:03 AM - 11 April, 2012
would be great if someone created a qtz for something like fire text! i think i would start drooling.
VJ Justin Allen 9:56 AM - 11 April, 2012
I saw this feed being used last week as well...and let's say the operation of the feed was quite different. Multiple pauses and freezes of the video happening. As I have watched this system perform without issue multiple times before I can only assume that adding an internet connection along with the increase CPU creates issues.

His system is less than 2 years old so I am pretty sure that it's not old hardware.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:25 AM - 11 April, 2012
thats odd, my MBP is preunibody and I have been running the twitter qtz for 2 weekends now, ME, Serato 2.3.3, IChat, and its gone smoothly. Knock on wood i guess.
SeriousCyrus 1:09 PM - 11 April, 2012
Quote:
would be great if someone created a qtz for something like fire text! i think i would start drooling.

Is there any way to get the text messages sent into a realtime stream, like a log file or something? AFAIK the twitter thing just reads an XML stream, pretty sure you could write a parser in jscript to do something similar for any kind of text.
phatbob 1:27 PM - 11 April, 2012
You'd basically have to run something which communicated with a cellphone network as if it's a cellphone, I think. I've seen hardware which does that on Windows but nothing on mac, I don't know if a purely software solution exists.
SeriousCyrus 1:58 PM - 11 April, 2012
Quote:
You'd basically have to run something which communicated with a cellphone network as if it's a cellphone, I think. I've seen hardware which does that on Windows but nothing on mac, I don't know if a purely software solution exists.

I don't think so, firetext is windows only, but it's got loads of different options, just looking at their website

Quote:
Song request right from their cell phones
Firetext can receive and sort thousands of messages, when audience users text message in song requests, their song requests are placed into a dedicated folder, they are sorted by time and date received.

If that's an actual file system folder, you could easily scan it if it was shared.
WarpNote 5:31 PM - 11 April, 2012
I remember renting that kind of text message service from a telemarketing company a few years back. They had a web interface, "almost" real time. It wasn't free but not really that expensive. I'm sure there must be something companies doing the same in your part of the world too?
L2daGee 6:18 PM - 11 April, 2012
Quote:
I saw this feed being used last week as well...and let's say the operation of the feed was quite different. Multiple pauses and freezes of the video happening. As I have watched this system perform without issue multiple times before I can only assume that adding an internet connection along with the increase CPU creates issues.

His system is less than 2 years old so I am pretty sure that it's not old hardware.

Here come's Justin with his "find any reason to dis ME" take.

This feature works flawlessly for me. No problems with freezing, or glitching, or anything. Haters gonna hate.
DJ Deano 6:33 PM - 11 April, 2012
I've mentioned this numerous times about the Firetext type app.

One simple solution is to get a very cheap notebook/laptop etc, install firetext (pc based softare).
Output the second screen, via a second output into a usb video card attached to the Mac, the use the camera feed option.
Its a solution.
Joshua Carl 6:42 PM - 11 April, 2012
From what I understand the Firetext option hasnt really been in great great demand to be intergrated to both VSL, SV or ME.
if you look into the feature requests, its hardly mentioned.

perhaps if in fact enough people do want it perhaps the companies will entertain using a 3rd party plugin like virtual DJ has.
www.pangolinplugins.com

me personally I think Twitter is the perfect medium at the moment for my crowd
they are wanna-be-hip tech loving college & post graduates from Boston's many colleges.

but i can certainly see how a straight text to screen option might be ideal for other places.
DJRemixEnt 6:54 PM - 11 April, 2012
Quote:
From what I understand the Firetext option hasnt really been in great great demand to be intergrated to both VSL, SV or ME.
if you look into the feature requests, its hardly mentioned.

perhaps if in fact enough people do want it perhaps the companies will entertain using a 3rd party plugin like virtual DJ has.
www.pangolinplugins.com

me personally I think Twitter is the perfect medium at the moment for my crowd
they are wanna-be-hip tech loving college & post graduates from Boston's many colleges.

but i can certainly see how a straight text to screen option might be ideal for other places.

texting would be more idea... i know alot of ppl that dont have twitter, or have dropped twitter and are strictly rolling with facebook.

haha... i just signed up with twitter today just so i can use the live twitter feed. we'll see how it works out at the club and bar this weekend.
Joshua Carl 7:02 PM - 11 April, 2012
Its funny theres one room about 40 minutes out of the city that is the same exact way!
(pre twitter feed)
I would run a twitter me overlay and get zero response.
unlike downtown which it blows up.
skinnyguy 8:10 PM - 11 April, 2012
if you purchase firetext, i believe it comes with the vdj plug-in.

in school situations, each message has to be screened so textlive or firetext would be preferred. if i'm correct, the twitter feed doesn't allow screening or censoring. and you can't send pictures, can u?
popnwave 8:22 PM - 11 April, 2012
I am not cheap, but using a twitter feed via a net connection is a lot less headaches than dealing with another piece of hardware with a SIM card to do SMS.

Tweets are simple, free and don't require you do purchase any residual plans. Of course if you have no way to get online in your venue, throw that out the window.

No way in hell would I try that in an underage situation though, there will always be some spaz looking to freak out whoever is watching over the event.
Joshua Carl 8:34 PM - 11 April, 2012
Right, the twitter feed is completely uncensored.
(though it shows the Users Picture, name and post)

what Ive done, though I havent encounted a heckler yet, is made about 10 QTZ files
and loaded them in the presets...
so if something goes unsavory I can change it to a # or a @
and they wont see their tweet.
DjayRage 8:38 PM - 11 April, 2012
The spot I went to on NYE (that I wasn't working) just had their twitter stream on huge projector screens where the page automatically refreshed (or someone hit F5 every few minutes not sure). About 1AM they had to take it down because a ton of people started tweeting things like "The DJ sucks" or "I want my money back" etc
DJ Deano 8:42 PM - 11 April, 2012
Firetext has a twitter application built in, and if i'm not mistaken, you can use filters on the software.
Joshua Carl 8:43 PM - 11 April, 2012
yeah, thats like the dudes that put out of key, horrific mashups on sound cloud
then get rip shit and call everyone haters when people tell them their shit is wack.

its certainly a confidence game that can backfire on you.
(lets be honest; even on your best night... you dont play someones request they go on a witch-hunt on your ass)
thankfully its quckly adjustable, or toggled.
Maskrider 8:52 PM - 11 April, 2012
You can be the best to the worst Dj by not playing a dreadful request....I always tell the customers if it doesn't go in the mix I won't play it.
DjayRage 8:58 PM - 11 April, 2012
Very true. A pissed off customer is way more vocal than a happy one. Just read reviews on Yelp/Amazon.
The problem that NYE night was the DJ was drunk, which normally is not a problem if you can still handle your business on the ones and twos, but this guy couldn't. At one point he cut the music off and screamed on the mic "who wants to s*ck my d*ck right now?"...
Rick Hodgkins 9:03 PM - 11 April, 2012
I think it links ppl to your video source which lets face it is a major objective as VJ's.
Does it become a game or is it a tool, a tool which will also distract your tech level?
Had the option but never used it, but def realized that everything is a distraction, just one more.
The main draw would be HS dance age kids for me, the content as Pop said is one more thing I don't want to worry about on top of video content. To have to monitor and sensor is tough with the consequences we face. Its a smaller group compared to clubs, yes, but also a key interest group considering the $$$ in these video dances.
The kids would be the ones to hack it imo, lol

Blast away if you use these features and will identify the hook, and not defensively.
DJ Sound Technique 9:48 PM - 11 April, 2012
Quote:
Jesus Christ dude, sell a couple more hard drives and spend the extra 20 bux lolz

HAHA what ever happened with that? I remember that post
Frankie Glasses 10:11 PM - 11 April, 2012
Quote:
Right, the twitter feed is completely uncensored.
(though it shows the Users Picture, name and post)

what Ive done, though I havent encounted a heckler yet, is made about 10 QTZ files
and loaded them in the presets...
so if something goes unsavory I can change it to a # or a @
and they wont see their tweet.

Has anyone used some type of app or software that you can delete tweets? So if some douche puts something stupid you can delete it?
DJ'Que 10:18 PM - 11 April, 2012
Quote:
The spot I went to on NYE (that I wasn't working) just had their twitter stream on huge projector screens where the page automatically refreshed (or someone hit F5 every few minutes not sure). About 1AM they had to take it down because a ton of people started tweeting things like "The DJ sucks" or "I want my money back" etc
this is why I said live twitter feed in a club will wreak havoc. imagine a tweet say " Shit I need Some head" or "that bitch is ugly in the red dress" or "Kim Give dam Good Blow jobs" "And The DJ Suck Fire His Ass" I know if i was in a club and it was a tweeter feed and the dj was wack I would text that.
DJ'Que 10:20 PM - 11 April, 2012
also you can take off your twitter picture to.
VJ Justin Allen 12:36 AM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

This feature works flawlessly for me. No problems with freezing, or glitching, or anything. Haters gonna hate.

And here comes the ME lovers who cannot stand to have any flaws about ME discussed.
phatbob 1:41 AM - 12 April, 2012
When I first started using Twitter I updated my status using SMS, has anyone looked into a workaround using that functionality? Using a unique account for your onscreen stream, maybe... Worth investigating?
Code:E 3:51 AM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
When I first started using Twitter I updated my status using SMS, has anyone looked into a workaround using that functionality? Using a unique account for your onscreen stream, maybe... Worth investigating?

Thats a good idea..... I'm gonna look into it.
skinnyguy 4:15 AM - 12 April, 2012
people could also tweet something like "we're all going to [other club down the way] where the dj is better and got $1 drink specials"

don't think the manager would like that
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:24 AM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
You can be the best to the worst Dj by not playing a dreadful request....I always tell the customers if it doesn't go in the mix I won't play it.

ironically thats what ive been aiming the twitter feed for, when someone comes up to request a track i tell them i only play requests via tweet, then when the song sucks the crowd can see the jackass who requested it
tomatoslice 5:00 AM - 12 April, 2012
what people fail to understand or know is that you can set the twitter feed to a delay.
any shit twits can be deleted before they are on the screen.
skinnyguy 6:54 AM - 12 April, 2012
Did not know that
VJ Justin Allen 9:30 AM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
what people fail to understand or know is that you can set the twitter feed to a delay.

Slice...do you really have time to monitor the feeds while you are managing the floor?
phatbob 10:17 AM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
I use a second system for modul8 and have regularly feed 2 camera feeds and ScratchLive through this system. I use the X1 and have the entire second page set-up for what effects VSL has and it also controls Modul8 effects as well...all via midi. This also includes promotions, live twitter feeds, and text overlays or scrolls.

You were apparently a fan of live Twitter feeds before it was available in MixEmergency, Justin, so why don't you tell us how you managed that?
Dj Nyce 10:56 AM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And here comes the ME lovers who cannot stand to have any flaws about ME discussed.

This twitter feed is Quartz Composition, so anything you don't like about it is a flaw of twitter or Quartz Composer not ME. If you don't like the twitter QTZ don't fucking use it or maybe you don't have enough twitter followers for it to be useful to you.

ME has flaws, Video-SL has flaws, Serato Video has flaws. Nobody that uses ME can't stand to talk about them. You wan't to talk about them let's go.

ME...hmmm let me think. ME only runs on mac, soon to be mitigated. Can't think of anything else.

Video-Sl/Serato Video....video output quality, lack of delay compensation, no option for random transition options, and if i want to associate/disassociate an mp3 with a video, i have to do it one mp3 at a time.

Come on, let's talk flaws.
DJRemixEnt 11:31 AM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
maybe you don't have enough twitter followers for it to be useful to you

technically you dont need any followers to use it... hell, you dont even need a twitter account to use it.
phatbob 11:34 AM - 12 April, 2012
That's true. I've only used it with hashtags up to now, but I'm thinking that getting people to do an @ message might encourage people to follow you, might be more useful for self promotion.
DJRemixEnt 11:41 AM - 12 April, 2012
^ good point... imma use it tomorrow and saturday... i know it's only a matter of time before before some jackass posts something retarded on there though...lol
phatbob 11:49 AM - 12 April, 2012
Just midi map an empty QC Overlay preset slot, you can turn it off in a heartbeat then!
DJRemixEnt 12:00 PM - 12 April, 2012
^ gotcha!
tomatoslice 4:16 PM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Slice...do you really have time to monitor the feeds while you are managing the floor?

yea, no, i do not have the time but other people might.
but if you are going to run a twitter feed you are taking that risk of bad twits. i am sure there are ways to track them but i don't run it so not my problem.
my point still stands.
DJ'Que 4:20 PM - 12 April, 2012
But bob even doing that the crowd will still see it. Unless your going to sit there and monitor it all night and hire someone to dj.

I dont see this feature lasting cuz some fucks would be tweeting gang hoods on the screen. Yes even they will join in on the tweets.

as for the request that could get out of hand .

I see club owners liking it till those crazy messages hit the screen
phatbob 4:31 PM - 12 April, 2012
I love how people always jump to negatives on here.

It's not for every event or crowd, sure. But it's a cool little plugin that a USER felt the desire to have, and he made it, shared it and Inklen helped him improve it. It's FREE. Nobody will force you to download it, let alone force you to use it.
DJRemixEnt 4:38 PM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
I dont see this feature lasting cuz some fucks would be tweeting gang hoods

maybe in your neck of the woods bruh
tomatoslice 4:41 PM - 12 April, 2012
yea, there may not be much you could do even monitoring if someone REALLY wanted to fuck with you and say bad shit.
60 tweets in a row one minute a part is going to get rough and an hour delay is silly. that would be a malicious person. if you are not stupes you block them from the first twit.

if you running a twitter feed it's a risk you take and you should keep it in check.
and if you don't like it don't use it.

the twitter feed is fucking awesome.
DJRemixEnt 4:47 PM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
the twitter feed is fucking awesome.

yeah, just one more tool to get you that much more involved with your crowd.
Dj Nyce 5:17 PM - 12 April, 2012
Once again a huge shoutout to VJXplicit for the twitter feed. This is a dope QTZ that adds value and let's you interact with the crowd and it's free.

twitter.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:30 PM - 12 April, 2012
I have the twitter feed on/off button midi mapped, if it looks like its getting out of hand or someones overly abuseing it all I do is push one button and its gone
djnak 7:49 PM - 12 April, 2012
Que If all you expect from your crowd is trash talking....MAYBE just MAYBE its not a bad crowd its a bad dj ...
DJ DisGrace 8:01 PM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
Que If all you expect from your crowd is trash talking....MAYBE just MAYBE its not a bad crowd its a bad dj ...

you dj so bad....
DJ'Que 8:02 PM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
not a bad DJ just thinking how cali people are. the promoters see money over quality. they will let you in the club with tennis shoes on even though everybody else has on dress shoes. all you have to do is pay more or buy a bottle or 2.

just last night i was in the club and it was hood. imagine throwing that tweet feed on there. but also the song request would be crazy. fools would request a song and if you dont play it they will tweet it again but it will have a attitude to it.
DJ'Que 8:03 PM - 12 April, 2012
you dj so you got fired thru a tweet.
tomatoslice 8:32 PM - 12 April, 2012
that's some very good points.
obv the feed is not for everyone or every crowd.
citi 8:55 PM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
will let you in the club with tennis shoes on even though everybody else has on dress shoes.

Dress Shoes? You DJing in Church?
Joshua Carl 9:08 PM - 12 April, 2012
gotta rememeber.

there's no such thing as bad press.
it only breeds buzz and more people jump in to add their .02

imagine if everyone in here agreed all the time, and had no backbone?
\no one would come, no one would chime in.
it'd be boring.

The last thing im worrying about is people posting unsavory tweets.
but if it "crosses the line" you toggle it off..
and its NOT COMPLETELY like a form.
they got a picture on the feed, send a few bouncers to tweet his ass to the curb.

then he can tweet about how cold it is outside the club
Steve Dub. 9:11 PM - 12 April, 2012
I don't think it will be that bad. If people post a tweet, it also shows a picture. If they post some dumb shit you can just find them and handle them accordingly.
AKIEM 9:56 PM - 12 April, 2012
have a video guy
[nm]
Frankie Glasses 9:19 PM - 13 April, 2012
Well imma try doing the twitter feed over the weeekend at my spot. I hope it goes well. Does anyone have any program or app that you can delete tweets?
Henry GQ 11:06 PM - 14 April, 2012
yeah.. have ur light guy filter all the BS.

anyways i still think texting is easier! plus... u get to store their number and text them when u have a special event or just wanna let people know where ur djing!

yeah i know u can KINDA do the same with twitter. but like joshua carl said... not everyone has twitter or checks their twitter every day!

but people check their phones when they get a text.. thats the part that i freaking love!!!

this is a must for djs like me that do teen dances18-21. they only frequent the club once or twice a month.. its not like the average bar person where its 21-45... more people in that age range that go out, just have that one spot that they always go to..
Code:E 11:10 PM - 14 April, 2012
The text thing is great because you get there numbers. And any of the good services allow you too filter the msg's atomically and manually at the same time.
Henry GQ 11:15 PM - 14 April, 2012
Quote:
The text thing is great because you get there numbers. And any of the good services allow you too filter the msg's atomically and manually at the same time.

\

agreed
DJ'Que 6:35 PM - 15 April, 2012
I usually put my number on the screen and say for birthday, song request, shot out send a text to this number.

Then the next week I send a text blast with there number added and they show up.
Henry GQ 8:48 PM - 15 April, 2012
honestly... thats pretty clever!

but how do u send a mass text out >? is there programs for that ?
DJ Deano 11:48 PM - 15 April, 2012
Yet again, check firetext out.
DjBoozie 2:19 AM - 16 April, 2012
just added a new transition. go check it out
Code:E 6:36 PM - 16 April, 2012
Quote:
I usually put my number on the screen and say for birthday, song request, shot out send a text to this number.

Then the next week I send a text blast with there number added and they show up.

The promoter I work for has about 7000 numbers in our text message system. We do alot of big shows and get people added all the time. And use the system to for things like early bird ticket announcements, tons of contest and any other use we find for it. But every time we blast out about any party, of any kind, or even use it. People send the stop message 100's at a time. Sometimes up to loosing 500 people each message. So we try to use it for only big events. Just a word of warning.
Joshua Carl 10:11 PM - 16 April, 2012
FYI
if people put unsavory things on your twitter feed.
and lets say your using " @DJ_FANCY_PANTS"

you just need to have DJ FANCY PANTS go into his acct, look at the bad tweet.
select the perpetrator, and block them.
the tweet disapears, and they are done.
crisis everted.

we had a "I need a bit** to suck me Bi* Black Co**" this weekend.
gone after 1 screen appearance
Frankie Glasses 10:15 PM - 16 April, 2012
thanks for the info Josh
Henry GQ 10:17 PM - 16 April, 2012
i cant blame some DJs for feeling this way about the tweets. most of us like to play house music.. and most of the crowd wants hip hop and dumb shit.. so some are afraid that people will be like this sucks.. but in a club its more like a dictatorship then a democracy lol
DJ'Que 12:33 AM - 17 April, 2012
Quote:
FYI
if people put unsavory things on your twitter feed.
and lets say your using " @DJ_FANCY_PANTS"

you just need to have DJ FANCY PANTS go into his acct, look at the bad tweet.
select the perpetrator, and block them.
the tweet disapears, and they are done.
crisis everted.

we had a "I need a bit** to suck me Bi* Black Co**" this weekend.
gone after 1 screen appearance
See Joshua that's the kind of message I would be afraid of.

Next the owner will be like take that feed off. Its a dam good ideal but only for civilized people.

and there is always some knuckle head in the club thats go say something like that.
Joshua Carl 12:50 AM - 17 April, 2012
it was worth the 5 hours of interactive fun, for the 6 seconds it was on the screen once.

but more importantly, now we know its quickly and easily remedied.

and even more so, this room in particular is the perfect spot for it
they JUST re-opened.
and in the 3 nights we ran the feed they got almost 200 new followers
(dont I ran a text scroll: who ever brings the most followers gets $100 off their tab tonight)
the owner and manager are completely floored by the whole thing.

though, as Ive mentioned before.
any sort of interactive text thing isnt ideal for EVERY room....
but Id say in this day & age, where people forget everything..BUT their smart phones.
there arent many.
L2daGee 5:51 AM - 17 April, 2012
If someone tweets some BS, just pull up your smart phone's Twitter app and block em. Boom!
e.rich 9:09 AM - 17 April, 2012
I ran it all weekend on a 3 minute delay. Gave me ample time to block the 3-4 unsavory tweets I received. The overwhelming response was very positive. People love the interaction and it's just another tool to separate you from the pack.
PopRoXxX 12:55 AM - 18 April, 2012
Twitter feed rocks! And since I have a mobile site I just throw out promo cards from the booth and have peeps hand them out so the crowd will automatically go to my website on their phones. Direct twitter follow, facebook like and much more. Just to have them excited about their request/shout out on the screen and announced. It helps me. It may not be for ALL crowds, but c'mon, if you think the people getting drunk and dancing are staring at the screens the WHOLE night then you are mistaken. LOL! Oh well .... a bad tweet here & there. I'm down for it :D
Henry GQ 3:42 AM - 18 April, 2012
i need to get on this tweet ish. :(

anyone thats an expert on this wanna talk on the phone about this ?
Joshua Carl 12:01 AM - 19 April, 2012
and if all that wasnt enough...

tomorrow night Im using my Iphone4 to send a live video feed to MixEmergency's
cam overlay feature....using the IPHONE's camera.
or anyone's Iphone for that matter (as long as they have the app running.

pop on the light, click a button
you now have instant crowd cam, booth cam, bar cam, can-cam, stage cam

pow.
DJ'Que 12:03 AM - 19 April, 2012
Quote:

pow.
Dam Now That's Dope.
DjBoozie 12:13 AM - 19 April, 2012
Via Blue tooth
ta2423 1:07 AM - 19 April, 2012
Quote:

pow.

+1 Rocking the Iphone also . Flawless victory. with iWebcamera
Dj Nyce 1:08 AM - 19 April, 2012
Quote:

pow.

dope
nik39 12:39 PM - 19 April, 2012
Quote:

pow.

How does that work?
phatbob 1:56 PM - 19 April, 2012
I just tried it with iWebcamera today after reading this. Works great!

I assume that JC is running a different app if he can use the flash on the phone though, iWebcamera doesn't support that.

What you running Josh?
DjBoozie 2:07 PM - 19 April, 2012
does this just work with Iphone and is there an app for android?
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:14 PM - 19 April, 2012
Looks like theres a few for android but it dosent look like they are mac compadable
Dj Nyce 3:30 PM - 19 April, 2012
Quote:

pow.

yo. just tried this. shit is dope. i can see having someone walking thru the club with this on.
popnwave 3:43 PM - 19 April, 2012
Damn now I have to go check it out..
Joshua Carl 4:05 PM - 19 April, 2012
Im using the Mobiola.
its the 2.99

it works better if you create your own network between the phone and the
mac....
eloy and I are talking about the airport express adapter to make a stronger network
and if perhaps the Iphone 4s might be able to send the 720 feed better than the Iphone 4
right now the 720 feed is a little choppy (expectedly)

but over the regular network the medium quality is fine.
and with the flashlight its pretty sweet.

we are shooting an episode today about the twitter feed and the phone cam function

There is NOW a Bluetooth cam out as well.
www.ecamm.com
only 30 feet of range though
Rick Hodgkins 4:12 PM - 19 April, 2012
Excellent topic for the Video Report Josh.
Henry GQ 6:11 PM - 19 April, 2012
i tried using my canon t2i camera for a webcam.. but it doesnt work well. found some program that would help but its more like a desktop set up and well... it doesnt work for what we need :(
phatbob 6:18 PM - 19 April, 2012
That's a pretty hardcore HD feed to be running as an overlay whilst DJing!

So far I've had success with an old Sony MiniDV camcorder over FireWire, a Microsoft USB Lifecam, and an iPhone with iWebcamera.
nik39 6:19 PM - 19 April, 2012
Can anyone break down how to use your phone as a cam in ME?
phatbob 6:22 PM - 19 April, 2012
Nik:

Get iWebcamera or the one Josh suggested. Install them on your iPhone.

Then install the drivers on your mac.

Once you've done that, get the app running, make sure your phone and computer are on the same wifi network, and the mac will 'see' the phone as it would any camera connected via USB or FW.

Then it's as simple as selecting that camera as the video source in the overlays panel in ME 2.0. ;-)
Henry GQ 6:23 PM - 19 April, 2012
yeah i def wanna use my canon t2i! it would be great for weddings as well the clubs! be better if u record it? idk...
popnwave 6:54 PM - 19 April, 2012
I think I'll wait and upgrade my '09 MBP before I try anymore overlays in ME 2.0. The Twitter feed is enough fun to keep me busy for now..
Dj Nyce 10:32 PM - 19 April, 2012
i think the mobiola is the better option because you can choose the quality setting low, med (640x480) or High (1280) and it supports the iPhone's flash and mic. you can even take a picture or recording from the iphone or from the laptop.

quality on medium is actually quite good considering.

High is not very useable, but that's understandable. streaming an HD signal takes alot of steam. but even on my 900mbps router there is still a lag.
ClubBusta 10:42 PM - 19 April, 2012
nyce thank you for that !!!
nik39 1:42 AM - 20 April, 2012
No iphone. Just android.... Is there a solution for Android?
ta2423 2:42 AM - 20 April, 2012
Your macbook needs to be able to recognize it. If it does im sure theres an app for it. All you have to do is connect it as a webcam.
DJ Deano 11:40 AM - 20 April, 2012
What beats me is, all these functions available on ME, and i wonder if Serato take note of all the things available that people are wanting?
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:44 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
What beats me is, all these functions available on ME, and i wonder if Serato take note of all the things available that people are wanting?

Im sure they do, at this very moment theres a well trained highly paid developer working tirelessly on a way to make the sl software block bluetooth and wifi conections as well as block external video inputs to make SV more competitive
Rick Hodgkins 1:08 PM - 20 April, 2012
How about making it so much better than ME that nobody wants ME rather than spend time on blocking 3rd party plug ins and software.
citi 3:48 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
Im sure they do, at this very moment theres a well trained highly paid developer working tirelessly on a way to make the sl software block bluetooth and wifi conections as well as block external video inputs to make SV more competitive

HILARIOUS!!!!!
pdidy 4:33 PM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:

pow.

oh shit, now you got my attention
djBern 4:43 PM - 20 April, 2012
funny how the "Mix Emergency 2.0 Is Finally Here" thread is consistently at the top of this forum. :-D
skinnyguy 5:33 PM - 20 April, 2012
Must be like adding salt to their wounds
e.rich 8:22 PM - 20 April, 2012
just tested it out with the mobiola app. set up was pretty easy and it seems to work fine. recorded a quick video of it using my ipad since i'm lazy and don't have a screen capture program for my mac.

youtu.be
Joshua Carl 9:06 PM - 20 April, 2012
Yes, there are a handful of smartphones that moviolas works with...if u goo there site: and.click Dow load it asks what phone u will be using..... There's 5 or 6 brands I think
Joshua Carl 9:20 PM - 20 April, 2012
mobiola
Henry GQ 12:12 AM - 21 April, 2012
does it freeze up liek that all the time? and can u carry ur phone around the club recording everyone?
Code:E 1:00 AM - 21 April, 2012
Quote:

This post confuse's me.

Do you know who the developer is? Is there really only 1 guy working on Serato Video? Yes ME is made by one guy, but ME's got a big head start, I would have hopped most of the Serato development team was working on it.

Blocking Bluetooth and wifi, How do you know this? i haven't heard anything about that yet? Please paste the thread or source its from. It sounds like a great idea, as long as it can be turned off and on on the fly.

" block external video inputs to make SV more competitive"
This line is what really makes me think you know something big we all dont know or your a idiot. No offence but you need to elaborate. Why would Serato Video want to block an external video input (like a webcam) that makes no sense. Clearly its a feature that is well used. I used it for the short time i ran VSL via Quartz. And how would that make it more competitive, I would see it an another thing SV is lacking over ME.
pdidy 1:07 AM - 21 April, 2012
Code:E ......Im quite sure that comment was meant to be sarcasm.
Code:E 1:20 AM - 21 April, 2012
Well then i feel like an idiot.... My abilities to determine sarcasm are as equal to Sheldon Coopers (Big Bang Theory).
pdidy 1:22 AM - 21 April, 2012
lol...I like that show
WarpNote 1:38 AM - 21 April, 2012
Quote:
abilities to determine sarcasm are as equal to Sheldon Coopers (Big Bang Theory).

You need to get out more, listen to your room-mate, Leonard, Code:shEldon.
Knock knock knock.... anyone there?
Joshua Carl 1:53 AM - 21 April, 2012
Quote:
does it freeze up liek that all the time? and can u carry ur phone around the club recording everyone?

rather than take time away from mixing and such.
what I did was tell a few of the bartenders, and cocktail waitress to downoad the app
(after I showed them, $2.99 was nothing)

when they want screen access.
they open the app, click on my computer in the network.
then on my end a get a "allow|always allow|decline" message on the mobiola interface.

and thats it. off and running.
toyed with the idea of a nicely designed bartender wearing her phone in her cleveage
with the flashing text "___'s Clevage cam" over the display.

Im actually sent mobiola an email today... seeing if theres any tweeks that might
boost frames and such... based on our "obscure" application of their product
Code:E 1:57 AM - 21 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
abilities to determine sarcasm are as equal to Sheldon Coopers (Big Bang Theory).

You need to get out more, listen to your room-mate, Leonard, Code:shEldon.
Knock knock knock.... anyone there?

I get out almost every night, thats not the issue at all. And by getting out I dont count Friday or saturday nights when I'm out DJing.
pdidy 2:02 AM - 21 April, 2012
Hey dont feel bad , Canadians do have a bit of a language barrier but your English is quite good I must say...
Code:E 2:07 AM - 21 April, 2012
I will take that as sarcasm. I will admit my written english skills are below what a College Business student should have. Though what i lack in language is more than made up for in other skill sets.
WarpNote 8:49 AM - 21 April, 2012
Quote:
I get out almost every night, thats not the issue at all.

I was beeing ironic Code :D
BTW, I'm from Norway, I miss out on the lingo half the time ;-)
Alixx J 3:32 PM - 21 April, 2012
So I take it people are having no drop outs playing videos AND having their wireless streaming video from a phone? Want to try this out tonight, but I play 5 hour sets and don't want to put my mac into an overheated glitchy mess. It's a 2009 dual core with 9600gt video card and 8G of ram. Anyone else running this machine with good results?
popnwave 5:24 PM - 21 April, 2012
Quote:
So I take it people are having no drop outs playing videos AND having their wireless streaming video from a phone? Want to try this out tonight, but I play 5 hour sets and don't want to put my mac into an overheated glitchy mess. It's a 2009 dual core with 9600gt video card and 8G of ram. Anyone else running this machine with good results?

I have the same build and I am scared to throw that into the mix.
Rick Hodgkins 6:27 PM - 21 April, 2012
Exact same here, used live camera feed without a problem though except for the ms delay in the action.
DjBoozie 6:31 PM - 21 April, 2012
Why wouldn't y'all try it out before tonight... give it a two hour test drive?
Joshua Carl 7:10 PM - 21 April, 2012
Ran it last night on my 09 17 i7
Not a single hiccup serato wise

The Mobiola program is a little flakey.
Running the twitter feed; and the cam feed.

As mentioned. I used the opacity knob as an on an off
Button for the cam feed.
Sometimes the Mobiola will cause the ME to relaunch
Ie already sent the reports to inklen
Joshua Carl 7:11 PM - 21 April, 2012
I also ALWAYS run smc fancontrol wide open when running video
skinnyguy 7:30 PM - 21 April, 2012
Must be like adding salt to their wounds
DJMark 10:44 PM - 21 April, 2012
I've had no trouble at all with the live video feed via wireless on either my "Mid-2010" 17-inch MBP or the new "Late 2011" model of same that I got recently.

The newer machine seems to drop fewer frames on the live feed...I'm not sure whether that's due to far more horsepower (the 2011 MBP's were a large jump in overall speed compared with the 2010 versions), or possibly some improvement in wireless networking.

Difference between 2009 and 2010 MBP speeds was comparatively small, so it doesn't surprise me to hear that a 2009 MBP is able to handle the live video feed fine as well.
Dj Ace 4:20 AM - 22 April, 2012
Quote:
Im using the Mobiola.
its the 2.99

it works better if you create your own network between the phone and the
mac....
eloy and I are talking about the airport express adapter to make a stronger network
and if perhaps the Iphone 4s might be able to send the 720 feed better than the Iphone 4
right now the 720 feed is a little choppy (expectedly)

but over the regular network the medium quality is fine.
and with the flashlight its pretty sweet.

we are shooting an episode today about the twitter feed and the phone cam function

There is NOW a Bluetooth cam out as well.
www.ecamm.com
only 30 feet of range though

I have this camera its picture quality is cool but using blue tooth is has a second delay...had it about 2 years roughly...
phatbob 9:44 AM - 22 April, 2012
I used iWebcamera for the first time properly at my gig last night. My observations:

Used it with my old 3GS, not my new phone. Picture quality ok, but did miss the flash with my 4S and Mibiola combo.

iWebcamera doesn't seem to have the same crash issue when turning it on and off though.

I tried JC's idea of leaving it on and fading the wet/dry up and down, which is cool, but after an hour my phone was really warm... Bit worrying!

It's cool that Macs can make an ad-hoc network but they're never great. It worked fine on the club's wifi but I'd rather not have my laptop on a public network. So I think I'm gonna start carrying my own router. It'll be good for TouchOSC on the iPad too, anyway.

The punters loved it though. Definitely worth persevering with I reckon.
Joshua Carl 8:40 PM - 22 April, 2012
Quote:
I

I tried JC's idea of leaving it on and fading the wet/dry up and down, which is cool, but after an hour my phone was really warm... Bit worrying!

I turn the APP off on the PHONE.
but leave the app running on the MAC with the opacity down.

Friday night I had 5 Bartenders download the app.
so i was getting pop-ups for permission from people using their phones.
I was actually suprised how well the Iphone camera adjusts in Low Light with this app.
people didnt even have to use the flashlight.
phatbob 9:28 PM - 22 April, 2012
Aaahhhh, I seeeeee.... Doh!
D-Twizzle 5:15 AM - 23 April, 2012
Quote:

give this a try on your android play.google.com
DJPNUT 7:55 AM - 23 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

give this a try on your android play.google.com

Does not support OS X at the moment.....

I have been searching for an android compatible app for months!!! I Still can't find nothing that works with a MAC.. if someone out there has a solution, please post.
Dj Nyce 1:14 AM - 25 April, 2012
Beta 2.0.2 is available
www.inklen.com
Dj Nyce 6:07 PM - 25 April, 2012
Custom Transitions and Effect information
www.inklen.com

i'm working on nyce transition as we speak...
Frankie Glasses 7:02 PM - 25 April, 2012
Post it when its done Nyce!
Dj TopDonn 12:18 AM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
www.inklen.com

Finally we got this, i'm looking forward to using this I already have some nice custom overlays just need to get them working in QC.
Joshua Carl 12:32 AM - 26 April, 2012
yeah, really really wants to make me learn QC 100x better than i know it now
DjBoozie 1:06 AM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:

I wish I knew what you know now.. Hell I'm totally lost on QC
L2daGee 1:16 AM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
www.inklen.com

Wow, ME just changed the game. Again...
DJ'Que 11:52 PM - 26 April, 2012
I wanna see what this looks like
DJPNUT 4:27 AM - 30 April, 2012
Quote:

Yes, u do that...

VDJ Conference 2012 - DJ Joshua Carl "QC" workshop
DJ Unique 6:12 AM - 30 April, 2012
So yesterday I tried using my Rane 62 + SL3 + Mix Emergency 2.0 on my early 2008 MacBook Pro but it gave me audio dropouts. Using my 57SL + Traktor X1 on that same MacBook Pro works perfect. I was transmitting S-Video.

I have the USB buffer on set on 3.
Display = 40
Audio Cache = 30

OSX 10.6.8
2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 Gig 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 VRAM
SSL 2.3.3
MP3's on internal HD.
Videos on external 3TB FW800

Has anyone else with a similar MacBook Pro tried a Rane 62 + SL3 with Mix Emergency?
Niro 8:49 AM - 30 April, 2012
What are your ME settings.
DJ Unique 3:05 PM - 30 April, 2012
Quote:
What are your ME settings.

I'll check tonight, however since I just started using it, the settings are most likely whatever the default would be. The weird thing is that with my 57SL + Traktor X1 everything is super smooth.
PopRoXxX 2:14 PM - 1 May, 2012
Quote:

pow.

I did this for a bit and loved it!! BUT ..... I use my iphone for hotspot (twitter feed) and osc (minimal midi outlay for quick transition/overlay switch). So can't use it as much as I want, so i bought a fish-eye lens for my MBP. Now the setup is DOPE!!!
Joshua Carl 2:41 PM - 1 May, 2012
i had our bartenders download the app, and send me their vid feed from the bar

antics ensued.
PopRoXxX 2:41 PM - 1 May, 2012
Awesome!! That's some dope thinking right there bro
pdidy 2:33 AM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:
i had our bartenders download the app, and send me their vid feed from the bar

antics ensued.

this sounds cool.....you have any vids so I can get a better feel of how this looks....
Joshua Carl 3:20 AM - 2 May, 2012
Ill try to do one this week...its hard becuase the booth is on a mezzanine, and everything else is down on the ground
James T 6:15 PM - 7 May, 2012
Just finished my 1st weekend @ 2 different venues using the new

MixEmergency 2.0.2.
Twitter Quartz File
Video Input on ME with both the iwebcamera app (drahtwerk) and the webcamera app (mobiola)

Here is my review...

MixEmergency 2.0.2. - As in Mortal Kombat, FLAWLESS VICTORY

Twitter Quartz File - Went off without a hitch, got me some new Twitter followers, both venues loved the Twitter Feed on the screens. I understand that some of you have moved the feed to the top of the screen. What are the Pros & Cons of that. Thinking of doing that too

Video Input on ME - Simply one of the greatest improvements Nick has made to this program along with the other phenomenal new features. My peeps simply loved seeing themselves on the screens. I used two different apps the two different nights

iwebcamera app (drahtwerk) - Had lots of times where enabling it had closed ME, also hated the "No Connection" screen when trying to start app, also hated the lag time when connecting & enabling the app & ME

webcamera app (mobiola) - Liked that you could leave the desktop program open and it was always going, no lag time when desktop program was open cause you just turn on the app and enable, only had one time where ME closed but it was because i was using a questionable video, there is a setting for a light on the app, it was cheaper that iwebcamera

Also A Thank You to Josh Carl for helping me out with some advice

VJ James T
popnwave 7:58 PM - 7 May, 2012
I like the Twitter feed on top, mainly because of less chyron clash, BUT... I the screens we have hung in the club put the feed REALLY high and I found the readability much better along the bottom. This past week I've noticed a greater usage and still no dickheads. Yeah people say some goofy things but nothing malicious.
D-Twizzle 8:31 PM - 7 May, 2012
Really need ME to work with 2.4+. I already have 1 venue that bought a 62.
Code:E 10:15 PM - 7 May, 2012
Quote:

I'm sure your not the only one. But serato seems to not care anymore.
tomatoslice 10:36 PM - 7 May, 2012
Quote:

bastages!!
tomatoslice 10:37 PM - 7 May, 2012
Quote:
I'm sure your not the only one. But serato seems to not care anymore.

bastages!!
skinnyguy 12:27 AM - 8 May, 2012
we don't need no stinkin bastages!
DJ Unique 3:17 AM - 8 May, 2012
Quote:

Yes.
I want to use my 62 with M.E.
Steve Dub. 4:32 PM - 8 May, 2012
Quote:

THIS
popnwave 5:46 PM - 8 May, 2012
Good reason to keep your SL box handy then :)
DJ Unique 11:27 PM - 8 May, 2012
Quote:
Good reason to keep your SL box handy then :)

Yep...
keeping my SL3, 57SL and now my Rane 62.
Code:E 10:45 PM - 17 July, 2012
I have heard that Inklen and Serato have come to some conclusion.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:56 PM - 17 July, 2012
Indeed we have -> serato.com

:)
Code:E 11:08 PM - 17 July, 2012
Thank you very much for the link :)