DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Using new firmware with old software?

G-man NYC 12:35 AM - 12 December, 2007
I am going to install 1.8 but also keep the last version of SSL on my Mac just in case this version has some issues and I want to use the older 1.7.x version.

My question is if i update the firmware on my 57 to 3.03 (and the 3 clubs I work at the have the 57) will their be any backwards compatibility issues (other than the not being able to use then new effects and such) ?

thanks.
DJ Prinvale` 1:28 AM - 12 December, 2007
damn good question, I didn't even think about that. Would like to hear from a ssl developer on this though.
cappinkirk 2:58 PM - 12 December, 2007
the effects still work its weird. they seem to work as though the SSL is in the latest upgraded version. (hitting J1 left using 1.6 causes 1/4 tempo delay for example.)
DJ Smooth B. 2:58 PM - 12 December, 2007
Yup, you can't use the effects... But you can downgrade your Mixer, while switching it on hold both "High-Kill" Buttons...
G-man NYC 7:59 PM - 12 December, 2007
I tested it at home and it seemed to work fine so I updated the firmware at the club last night... hope the other dj's are running 1.8.