DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

need info on Version 1.5....

Duran7609 12:09 AM - 15 September, 2005
do we have an eta on when this might be released?? i heard a rumor that this verion might have some type of master tempo adjustment on it. any info is appreciated, thanks!!
DJ 3pm 1:20 AM - 15 September, 2005
sssshhhhhhh....

if you promise not to tell anyone i told you, i can let you in on a little secret: www.scratchlive.net

ps- the 'some type of master tempo adjustment' will actually be a paid plug-in (software updates are free, plug-ins will not be)
Duran7609 1:44 AM - 15 September, 2005
hahaha! good lookin out!
Prez 2:31 AM - 15 September, 2005
Paying for plugins? Well, that just sucks. Then my vote would be for them to work on getting the program more stable and fix the issues at hand before letting greed into the picture..... oh wait, I live in the USA. ;)

What a way to make more money off of this, release 10 separate plugins and charge for them,,,, geeez. Even Martin Lightjockey has third party software/plugins that make LJ fun to work with and they're free. Hmmm.. think we need a programmer to disassemble SSL proggy and start makin some plugins. =)
m0rph! 2:56 AM - 15 September, 2005
Quote:
Then my vote would be for them to work on getting the program more stable and fix the issues at hand before letting greed into the picture

Just read your profile... you don't even own SSL yet? Tell you what -- find or buy SSL first, try it and see for yourself whether or not it's stable, read all the issues and fixes that everyone posts here on the forum, and then tell us whether or not a high quality "award-winning" plugin from Serato (Pitch 'n Time... Google it) would be worth paying for...

$0.03

;-)
LaJollaDJs 7:12 AM - 15 September, 2005
3 cents??? I thought PnT would be more expensive than that!!!
Revolutionary 7:35 AM - 15 September, 2005
Just m0rph's 3 cents...
bush 9:41 AM - 15 September, 2005
I think a limited master tempo should be put in but with the much better pnt being a paid plugin, im not sure if I need pnt cos I wouldnt use it all that much.
DJ Irv 1:36 PM - 15 September, 2005
I am not sure how much money RANE and Serato are making off SSL. I know they have a lot of R&D cost. And programmers aren't cheap. I don't mind paying for PnT as long as they don't get ridiculous with the pricing.
Hektor Ruiez 4:09 PM - 15 September, 2005
yeah, plugins should be round the 29 quid mark... maybe less.
Supagee 4:42 PM - 15 September, 2005
PnT is worth the money as they have yet to charge anything to us after the first buy unlike the competition
pj4533 5:06 PM - 15 September, 2005
Yeah i don't believe anything until someone with 'serato' under their name posts it.
s42000 6:14 PM - 15 September, 2005
The money is in the control vinyl .... :-)
djViBE 6:51 PM - 15 September, 2005
Quote:
The money is in the control vinyl .... :-)

hahaha!
Prez 10:35 PM - 15 September, 2005
Quote:
Quote:
Then my vote would be for them to work on getting the program more stable and fix the issues at hand before letting greed into the picture

Just read your profile... you don't even own SSL yet? Tell you what -- find or buy SSL first, try it and see for yourself whether or not it's stable, read all the issues and fixes that everyone posts here on the forum, and then tell us whether or not a high quality "award-winning" plugin from Serato (Pitch 'n Time... Google it) would be worth paying for...

$0.03

;-)

I'll see that $0.03 and raise ya a $0.01 =) I just never updated my profile --- I never take the time top make a public profile on any forums I join , it would take too long. LOL.
Prez 10:42 PM - 15 September, 2005
My main point was to concentrate on making the base product work it's best and then add to it with plugins.

I'm just relucttant like most people to spend more hence, my comment on paying for plugins. I will be more than happy to pay a fair $ for some good packaged plugins that won;t add to the issues at hand with SSL. Doesn't FS2 w/ Traktor have a few plugins included?
eder 9:59 PM - 22 September, 2005
they prolly do, but not master tempo. i don't mind waiting a lil bit and shelling out some money if it's as half as good as they say it's going to be.
earwolf 11:17 PM - 23 September, 2005
Quote:
My main point was to concentrate on making the base product work it's best and then add to it with plugins.

Errr...are you seriously trying to say SSL *isn't* the best?

Quote:
I'm just relucttant like most people to spend more hence, my comment on paying for plugins.

You are aware of Seratos's reputation in the audio software market right?

Quote:
I will be more than happy to pay a fair $ for some good packaged plugins that won;t add to the issues at hand with SSL.

This is precisely the reason they don't leak teaser info for hype, they build it, test it, then release/announce it

Quote:
Doesn't FS2 w/ Traktor have a few plugins included?

Yes and it is total shit. Go buy that instead, it's got blue lights and firewire and stuff. You'll love it.
DJ White Lightning 3:02 AM - 24 September, 2005
ROTFLMAO @ Earwolf

yeah go buy the bells and whistles dude.
mexicannnnnn 4:51 AM - 24 September, 2005
I got an FS2 for sale!!! PM me!
The Axledental DJ 5:34 AM - 24 September, 2005
Hey Mexicannnnn.. your finally selling your FS2??? Your SSL has convinced you to get rid of FS2?
mexicannnnnn 3:06 PM - 24 September, 2005
Quote:
Hey Mexicannnnn.. your finally selling your FS2??? Your SSL has convinced you to get rid of FS2?

I was thinking of keep it around to see what T3 was going to be like.... but I do need the cash.
nik39 12:33 PM - 26 September, 2005
Quote:

Axle, arent you convinced of SSL? Didnt you sell your FS2 as well?