DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Recommendations for an "Usher - Yeah" Flat Beat Intro (Where to buy)

DJMonstarr 2:37 AM - 5 March, 2012
Hey guys, I have been looking everywhere for a solid "Flat beat" intro version to "Yeah" by Usher. This is a track that I sometimes like to just drop without mixing it to get the reaction, but I'd like the option to have a version that is mixable with a flat beat intro for other situations. I'm just wondering what versions you guys play if you play re-drums or edits of the track.
Esco... 2:40 AM - 5 March, 2012
Just play the intro, and do an instant crossfade
djdalite 3:57 AM - 5 March, 2012
umm the orginal? wik wiki drop on the 1

or take instrumental cut and paste section to front and then add original
dj steve f 4:13 AM - 5 March, 2012
one of the easiest most instantly recognizable club bangers ever to mix in. why would you need an intro
Audio1 4:15 AM - 5 March, 2012
1 - Scratch in the original
2 - mix in an intro version and fade in at the right moment
3 - open up your favorite software, load a drum track for 8 bars, then cut/paste Usher "Yeah".
Audio1 4:16 AM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
umm the orginal? wik wiki drop on the 1

or take instrumental cut and paste section to front and then add original
I think he's looking for an intro without the synths. Scratching the original one has the best effect.
O.B.1 6:06 AM - 5 March, 2012
people still play this?!?!
DeeJay Adam 6:32 AM - 5 March, 2012
There's an intro version on wicked mix 80 ( which you can find on ebay)
here's a clip of what that version sounds like: www54.zippyshare.com
Papa Midnight 6:40 AM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:

You'd be surprised how well it goes over with some crowds.
Daktyl 5:23 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Yup... still pops off at the right spot
djpuma_gemini 5:29 PM - 5 March, 2012
Yeah is one that will be around for years, It will be something you drop like "this is how we do it"

I'm assuming OB1 was being facetious.
DJ Shady Lady 5:29 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

definitely. girls STILL love to dance around their shoes and bags to this song.
DJ Michael Basic 6:08 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Put your damn shoes on. That floor is disgusting.
DJMonstarr 6:15 PM - 5 March, 2012
Thanks for the replies guys. And yeah I do mostly play the original, but I wanted the option to have a version with an intro without synths for certain situations (ex. mixshows)
DJ DisGrace 6:16 PM - 5 March, 2012
I think there is a lethal weapon remix that has a flat beat intro. You would have to find that, then cut/paste to the synth version to get the final track you are looking for.
Papa Midnight 7:01 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I never got that myself. Broken glass, alcohol, bodily fluids and these girls go barefoot? Why come out in 4, 5 and 6 inch heels then?
Daktyl 7:24 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I never got that myself. Broken glass, alcohol, bodily fluids and these girls go barefoot? Why come out in 4, 5 and 6 inch heels then?

they get to feel tall and hot for the 1st 1/2 hour they're at the club lol
DJ Alkemy 7:26 PM - 5 March, 2012
I can honestly say I aint heard this being played in clubs for a long long time. I hated it when it came out though so maybe my ears dont react to the shit LOL
Taipanic 7:28 PM - 5 March, 2012
I believe there is an extended intro version on Smashvidz
Papa Midnight 7:35 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
I can honestly say I aint heard this being played in clubs for a long long time. I hated it when it came out though so maybe my ears dont react to the shit LOL

I didn't mind it, I just thought it was overplayed to absolute hell.
Daktyl 7:41 PM - 5 March, 2012
See, i didn't hear this song when it first came out (yes, i was living under a rock at the time)... So it never really got played out for me.
Audio1 8:58 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
I think it depends where you are from. I've played it in a lot of my top 40/club sets for years now. Even this Saturday. Still got a great crowd reaction.
djbigboy 9:14 PM - 5 March, 2012
short version! 1 usher verse 1 chorus 1 luda verse acapella out "take that rewind it back"
DJ DisGrace 9:25 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
short version! 1 usher verse 1 chorus 1 luda verse acapella out "take that rewind it back"

+1 this is by far my most worn out record sleeve!!! And both copies have some silver sharpie at the 3rd verse (#beforeserato)
Audio1 10:44 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
I play an edit of the same version. LOL
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 12:07 AM - 6 March, 2012
Speakin of this song. Anybody know if theres a good mp3 of the video version. Where they go through the dances at the end. "do the A town strut" "Rockaway, rockaway" ect ect.
DJ Tecniq 12:25 AM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
No lie I still play this. It's one of the songs that are so recognized from all ages. Yeah it's corny but I guarantee dj's will be playing it even 5 yrs from now.
DJ Tecniq 12:28 AM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
There's an intro version on wicked mix 80 ( which you can find on ebay)
here's a clip of what that version sounds like: www54.zippyshare.com
haha I have Krazytoons video edit of this wicked mix version..I guess Krazytoons are aka Wicked Mix? I got a few Krazytoons edit's
O.B.1 2:09 AM - 6 March, 2012
I didn't mean to offend anyone - I'm sure there is a time and place for it...
I admit to putting out a mix containing it (several years ago)
I feel like it has just ran it's course - but I understand it is one of those songs that has a bit of "staying power"...
Papa Midnight 2:36 AM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
No lie I still play this. It's one of the songs that are so recognized from all ages. Yeah it's corny but I guarantee dj's will be playing it even 5 yrs from now.

Much as the song annoyed me from being overplayed, I can respect it for actually lasting this long. It seems to me that most "music" today is created to appeal for maybe a few months, and then it will never be heard again.
DJ Tecniq 3:55 AM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Much as the song annoyed me from being overplayed, I can respect it for actually lasting this long. It seems to me that most "music" today is created to appeal for maybe a few months, and then it will never be heard again.
personally i don't play the original anymore the one I play is Dj Exodus - Yeah Adele (No Clap edit) ;) starts with rolling in the deep acapella and drops into usher. Dopeeeee.
DJ Sniffles 4:28 AM - 6 March, 2012
Did anyone else think of this when he said "flat beat" intro???

Watchwww.youtube.com
djbigboy 4:14 PM - 6 March, 2012
lol ^^^
Taipanic 7:23 PM - 6 March, 2012
As far as being "Played Out", it really depends where you're playing and who you are playing to. Hot club, young crowd = played out. 25-50 age group = still a big song for them.
You get the right crowd, they still scream when you play "Wild Thing" or "Push It"; which hearing those to me is worse than nails on a chalkboard.... but it's not about me, is it?
As long as people are dancing & happy a song can't be played out. It can't be said enough - being a good DJ is all about playing the right songs at the right time for the right crowd - knowing what they want when they don't even know. Scratching, super mixes, tricks - while they can enhance the mix an add energy, they go mostly unnoticed by the general public. We notice it, for sure - everyone else, not so much...
Audio1 7:34 PM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
I did. LOL
DJ Remy USA 8:04 PM - 6 March, 2012
Usher - yeah is a recurrent hit, you can play it at weedings, clubs even people my parents age dig that song. I agree it's going no where it's a classic jam one of those jams you play after dropping some moombahton and completely loosing the crowd you bring em back to their world with this track
Nicky Blunt 8:17 PM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ive always thought that too!
Robert W 8:21 PM - 6 March, 2012
This is what i do when i mix hiphop. Im sorry if this has been brought up already, but i find it easier to use instrumentals of every hiphop track i have. Mix the instrumental version of yeah into the song you're currently playing, then once you fade the song out, scratch drop in the verion with vocals. Also, if you're savy with DAWs you can make your own 8 bar intro beat by slicing the drum samples and rerendering it into a new file. I saw someone mention wicked mix, which does have intro, mid, and outro 8/16 bar beats, but those types of remixes often censor out the heavier swear words. If you want, i'd be happy to edit it for you and send it to you.
FunkyRob 8:30 PM - 6 March, 2012
The instrumental has no part where it's just a beat. That do do du do synth line goes through the entire track.

I tried to make an edit years ago when it was new and gave up.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Robert W 11:33 PM - 6 March, 2012
All you need is some 808 drum samples and you can reconstruct the beat yourself.
Ahh sorry, but i need to +1 my own comment here for that idea.
Robert W 11:35 PM - 6 March, 2012
What does the Qbert video have to do with this though?
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 9:32 PM - 7 March, 2012
Quote:
Speakin of this song. Anybody know if theres a good mp3 of the video version. Where they go through the dances at the end. "do the A town strut" "Rockaway, rockaway" ect ect.

Anybody know what im talkin about here?
Sunny Up 10:22 PM - 7 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

they get to feel tall and hot for the 1st 1/2 hour they're at the club lol

Then complain for the next 3 1/2 hours.
FunkyRob 11:18 PM - 7 March, 2012
Quote:
What does the Qbert video have to do with this though?

oopsy, meant to paste this link

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 11:55 PM - 7 March, 2012
Usher Yeah is pretty much like saying you'll never play a Ying Yang Twins song...but end up playing one at some part of the night esp...if you the crowd just ain't vibin. Almost any and all YYT song will go off...Whistle While You Twerk, Say I Yi Yi, Salt Shaker..there's many options.
DJMonstarr 12:59 AM - 8 March, 2012
I find that in my city in Canada people go crazy whenever its played. I can't say that it gets played frequently by DJ's here, but when it does get dropped the reaction always seems to be good. Like most of you all have previously stated, it totally was overplayed back in the day, but you gotta love the reaction you get.
Papa Midnight 3:37 AM - 8 March, 2012
Quote:
Usher Yeah is pretty much like saying you'll never play a Ying Yang Twins song...but end up playing one at some part of the night esp...if you the crowd just ain't vibin.

I would personally never say such a thing. "Get Low" from Lil Jon and the East Side Boys, plus "Salt Shaker" and "Wait" from Ying Yang Twins still rocks the crowd - even with these young Top 40 Radio Machines (aka: the current under 21 crowd). Hell, I still throw "Back That Thang Up" at them too.
Dj.Mojo 8:58 AM - 8 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
I did. LOL

Me, too.
Flat Beat into Yeah (128-105bpm) Fatman Scoop Hype Remix or some ish like that :-D
kryptonitednb 10:46 AM - 8 March, 2012
Hold up someone said that Push It annoys them in this thread. :/
DJ Remy USA 12:36 PM - 8 March, 2012
Quote:

I couldnt believe it, I love playing the older cuts especially late 80s early 90s party joints that everyone knows.
edsonr 5:06 PM - 8 March, 2012
Quote:
I couldnt believe it, I love playing the older cuts especially late 80s early 90s party joints that everyone knows.

+1
CMOS 7:46 PM - 8 March, 2012
Quote:

Ive been singing the melody to this song in my head since i read this:

Der derner der der der denernernerner der ..........pa push it real good!
CMOS 7:47 PM - 8 March, 2012
Ahhh push it, pa push it real good.

OK tis really didnt help me get the song out of my head.

You suck.
DJ Remy USA 8:44 PM - 8 March, 2012
Push it is as safe song you can bet will work 99.9% of the time. If the crowd aint feeling anything your playing drop push it, then drop that fergalicious push it remix. Gets em everytime no matter the crowd
CMOS 9:46 PM - 8 March, 2012
PA PUSH IT REAL GOOD.

Yeah 2 hours later, song still in my head. IM walking around the office "Salts n peppas here n were in effect"

PA PA PA PUSH IT GOOD.

lulz
O.B.1 2:44 AM - 9 March, 2012
^^^ the hook from that is going to be in my "more cowbell" mega/minimix...
along with a bunch more classic cowbell clips (even though it's a casio cowbell LOL)
Nicky Blunt 6:05 PM - 9 March, 2012
lol @ needs more cowbell the mixtape
Taipanic 7:07 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:

Yeah, that was me. Great song, but it is one of those songs I have played over 3000 times over the years. Of course, it will 3001 if I feel it is the right song at the time.
DJMonstarr 8:05 PM - 5 May, 2012
I found a decent intro version of "Yeah." Called "Tipsy Yeah (DJ SLICK REFIX)"....it might sound cheezy as the tipsy drums have been pretty played out for remixes and stuff, but it works alright. Has the drums all the way through the song, but it has a nice flat intro, and the synths drop in after 8 bars. If anyones interested i'm sure you can find it easy enough with a google search.