DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Slipmat too slippy. Looking for alternative suggestions

DJ Matty Stiles 7:24 PM - 25 February, 2012
Can anyone recommend a slipmat that has a very tight grip. The ones I have now are too loose, I like to have a nice solid grip over the beat. Think of a CDJ jog wheel. At the moment with my slipmats the jog would be all the way left. I want to be all the way right - to the tightest setting
sixxx 7:30 PM - 25 February, 2012
What kind of slipmats do you have currently?

If your slipmat is very slim, it will "slide" more. The thicker the slipmat, the more grip you usually experience. I have butterugs that are super thin.... but I also put another slipmat to compensate and it works great. Yes. I have two slipmats on each turntable. nm
DJ Matty Stiles 7:40 PM - 25 February, 2012
I got generic slipmats now nothing fancy but when I go back and forth over a beat I want to be able to have more control. You think the butter rugs are a bad idea if this is the case? (and technics speedmats aswell)
s3kn0tr0n1c 8:42 PM - 25 February, 2012
Quote:
What kind of slipmats do you have currently?

If your slipmat is very slim, it will "slide" more. The thicker the slipmat, the more grip you usually experience. I have butterugs that are super thin.... but I also put another slipmat to compensate and it works great. Yes. I have two slipmats on each turntable. nm
thats how i roll.....overall mines are slippy but have a nice soft cushion feel.
DJ Michael Basic 4:41 AM - 26 February, 2012
Sounds silly, but try flipping the record over. A lot of times this issue is actually just a warped record and if you're using the side that's convex it'll spin really loosely.
djvtyme85 4:46 AM - 26 February, 2012
im using the slipmat that came with my performance series vinyl...was using some glow tronics joint before...i like this one because its thicker but just thin enough with a sheet of plastic under it to get that right response.
DJDBAG 5:39 AM - 26 February, 2012
I use a butterrub with a standard technics slipmat on top of it. I love it
DJ Matty Stiles 3:30 AM - 18 March, 2012
so i just bought a pair of Dr Suzikis and I'm using them instead of my old butterubs and I am having SO much more grip / control