Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

How would you go about this?

rayoliver 10:42 PM - 23 February, 2012
I'm completely stuck for ideas on how to work this out, and maybe there is no real way around it, but i thought id see what you all thought.
i am currently using itch 2.0 with the allen & heath xone:dx and im supposed to be playing a back to back set in a couple of months against someone using a traktor s4 with traktor (obviously). what would you say would be the best way of going about this? im completely out of ideas.
DJPrice_inMD 11:57 PM - 23 February, 2012
Could you not just send your controllers to one channel each on a mixer before sending it to the sound? Maybe I am looking at this way too simply.

Are you using the same computer?
phatbob 3:26 AM - 24 February, 2012
Yeah, just both run into the house mixer, one channel each.

It's actually easier than going B2B with CDJs or decks because you both have independent headphone cueing.
Papa Midnight 8:17 AM - 24 February, 2012
Run into house mixer or use an outboard mixer.
dj lashes 10:08 PM - 24 February, 2012
Quote:
'm completely stuck for ideas on how to work this out,

are u a newbie and am not dissing u it just really seems straight forward
dj lashes 10:10 PM - 24 February, 2012
if you mean so you can mix together still use the house mixer use the cross fader on the house mix hope you know how to beat match lol
rayoliver 11:01 PM - 7 March, 2012
think you'll find that ive been a dj for around 10 years now. obviously the simple answer is to go through the house mixer, but that's not what i meant. the idea was so that i could use my own mixer and he could use his own mixer, which is why im stuck for ideas and said there is probably no real way around it.
phatbob 12:18 AM - 8 March, 2012
If you know the simple answer already, then I don't understand what you're asking. What are you trying to achieve with the setup?
dj lashes 12:27 AM - 8 March, 2012
Quote:
If you know the simple answer already, then I don't understand what you're asking. What are you trying to achieve with the setup?

was gonna ask the same thing but stopped as he sounds like a mr know it all lol
rayoliver 1:09 AM - 8 March, 2012
clearly what im saying is being ignored.
i know what the simple answer was, like i said, but i was wondering if there was a way we could use our seperate mixers instead of using the shitty house mixer. getting it yet?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:17 AM - 8 March, 2012
Other DJ MIxer --> In your Aux Input Xone Output of your Xone ------> House Mixer or straight to AMP if the place allows you.

Or like the other said:

Other DJ Mixer -----> House Mixer (Channel 1?)

Your Zone ----------->House Mixer (Channel 2?)

Do you need photoshop? ;) haha

Well what is the other guy's mixer?
phatbob 1:19 AM - 8 March, 2012
Well as both controllers feature line inputs you could run either of them into the other, and then connect that to the house system.

But as you're so clever you will have worked that out already, obviously.
DJ Cs 4:10 PM - 8 March, 2012
I don't get the hostility, answer the question or don't reply.

Take a look at this: Watchwww.youtube.com

I'm not sure if that is what you want your outcome to be.
phatbob 4:14 PM - 8 March, 2012
We've all answered the question as best we can, trying to help the guy out.

He's the one who brought hostility to it.

Perhaps if FOUR experienced users, who want to help, don't understand the question, then maybe the question needs to be phrased a little better.
DJ Cs 4:31 PM - 8 March, 2012
Quote:
We've all answered the question as best we can, trying to help the guy out.

He's the one who brought hostility to it.

Perhaps if FOUR experienced users, who want to help, don't understand the question, then maybe the question needs to be phrased a little better.

possibly, but it seemed he replied about the obvious answer and rephrased it.
phatbob 5:19 PM - 8 March, 2012
To which we all offered helpful replies again, with reference to his rudeness.

Seems fair to me.
DJPrice_inMD 4:02 PM - 13 March, 2012
I still don't really understand what he wants to do other than what has been suggested. I'm NOT trying to be rude I just don't believe this has been explained well enough.