DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Club Killers = THE BEST POOL FOR DJS

Dj_Dropz_ 9:39 AM - 21 February, 2012
If you have a membership... You know exactly what i mean!!! And if you dont, your missing out... lol Yes the record pool topic has been done to death but this time we have a clear winner!! I think.... haha
kristoff1986 11:04 AM - 21 February, 2012
im going to finally join a record pool 2morrow night and was leaning towards latenightrecordpool.com as it seems to have everything i need.

was club killers the one were you dont buy an unlimited download account, you buy 50 tokens or something and all the tracks have cue points saved for serato?
blnkdagr 1:35 PM - 21 February, 2012
Mind sharing the pros and cons of club killers?
ruthless deejay 3:40 PM - 21 February, 2012
what website is this?
nativespinner 5:58 PM - 21 February, 2012
www.clubkillers.com
Its a fixed price per month. I got in on the promo price I don't know what the current price is. Unlimited downloads and they have several Remix djs that service the pool with their re-edits. They also have .mp4s.
DJ GRIAL 6:22 PM - 21 February, 2012
Club Killers its a good pool but the best for you may not be the best for others, still need some work. They dont have many videos, latin stuff needs lots of improvement. I tried almost every pool out there and still have more than one because they are all different and all have different stuff.
DJ GRIAL 6:24 PM - 21 February, 2012
for me the winner its DMS by far...
ruthless deejay 6:37 PM - 21 February, 2012
i checked it out it looks like an entertainment group not a record pool
Dj_Dropz_ 8:27 PM - 21 February, 2012
Quote:
i checked it out it looks like an entertainment group not a record pool

You need to apply as a dj "Do an actual dj application" in order to go to a seperate page which grants you the record pool access
Dj_Dropz_ 8:30 PM - 21 February, 2012
Quote:
Club Killers its a good pool but the best for you may not be the best for others, still need some work. They dont have many videos, latin stuff needs lots of improvement. I tried almost every pool out there and still have more than one because they are all different and all have different stuff.

I mean ive had DjCity, MyMp3pool, I12inch to name a few and no one has it as organized or as user friendly as they do... For a dj that also does a spanish night i appreciate that they have a dedicated cumbia section aswell which almost no record pool has...its has the best of everything IMO...
DJJorel 8:41 PM - 21 February, 2012
DMS is great for the "working" DJ...if someone wants to remix or grab acapellas and instrumentals, they should look elsewhere...

Club Killers has a lot of the same content...

Both are great for DJs...not for aspiring producers and remixers...
DJ GRIAL 9:48 PM - 21 February, 2012
They do have latin but very few, and they never add anything to it. This one its a little better if u have latin gigs www.themixtools.com

Quote:
Quote:

I mean ive had DjCity, MyMp3pool, I12inch to name a few and no one has it as organized or as user friendly as they do... For a dj that also does a spanish night i appreciate that they have a dedicated cumbia section aswell which almost no record pool has...its has the best of everything IMO...
DJ Remy USA 11:29 PM - 21 February, 2012
Quote:
They do have latin but very few, and they never add anything to it. This one its a little better if u have latin gigs www.themixtools.com

I do a latin night whats the perks of mixtools just curious
DJ Remy USA 11:31 PM - 21 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I do a latin night whats the perks of mixtools just curious

it looks cheap as hell, how is the quality of the releases, what I dont want is a lot of added hype to every song. Im good with just a intro beat into the regular I hate all that hype
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:56 PM - 21 February, 2012
Quote:
im going to finally join a record pool 2morrow night and was leaning towards latenightrecordpool.com as it seems to have everything i need.

^Like

As mentioned above - unless U play a niche format - you may need more than one pool - (i do idjpool and latenight) - been hearing a tiny buzz about club killers lately - tracking to see whats up?
DJ GRIAL 12:21 AM - 22 February, 2012
I do a lot of latin and they are the best for that, the pool looks cheap but they have very good music selection. Also this is the only pool I found that u can ask for a lot of requests and they will upload super fast! Most pools I get ignored.
DJJorel 12:25 AM - 22 February, 2012
What is cool is that Clubkillers has a small freestyle section...it contains stuff that I am too lazy to rip off my vinyl...
DjWoody 1:41 AM - 22 February, 2012
The problem with latin/spanish music is that because there's so many genres and what people like can vary a lot depending on where you at, you need a dedicated pool. What people might mean by "latin" in Los Angeles can be way different that what people in New York refer to as "latin."
Dj Nyce 4:04 AM - 22 February, 2012
i have to co-sign ClubKillers. They have everything including latin. They also have videos which is a plus. But if you really want vids you should be looking at SmashVidz.

The majority of new tracks is top 40, electronic dance, rap. The also have dj tools and acapellas, old school, 80s, Latin, Rock, R&B, Wedding and Instrumentals.

For Top 40, Electronic Dance and Rap they have a shitload of new releases and several versions of tracks including Clean/Dirty, Intro/Extended, CK Edits, etc.

Tracks are 320kb (all the ones i've downloaded anyway). They have one-click download with no rating. You can download unlimited tracks, but you can only download a specific track twice. they have a super search and advanced search. you can also filter by genres and other filters (current, re-current, etc). They also have most downloaded charts day, week, all time.

other pools i would suggest looking at is DMS, DJ City and Late Night (LNRP).
DJBRIANM 8:42 AM - 22 February, 2012
I am using both CK and Smash---I lean towards CK but I would never give up my Smash account. To me they compliment each other perfectly and I don't need any other place for music or videos.
On a side note the talent at CK is top notch and they are very responsive to customer requests. When certain video editors on CK post I don't even preview b/c I know that ish is gonna be hot. Take it a look for yourself.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:44 PM - 23 February, 2012
Im kinda confused on CK, is it open yet, I know I filled out an app like 1 years ago when it was first announced n didnt hear anything back, I just checked the site and it still says its "almost ready" so is it open to the public yet or not, anyone feel like hooking ya boy up with a referral?
Dj Nyce 4:14 PM - 23 February, 2012
it's open. they just haven't updated the home page.

the site has a store and a record pool.

www.clubkillers.com

after you get an email you should be able to sign up for the pool.

they need to work on the homepage and the signup process, but the pool itself and UI is top notch.
DJ Remy USA 5:08 PM - 23 February, 2012
DJ Nyce what kind of DJ is club killers geared toward? Is it only new stuff do they instrumentals and acappella loops and intros without all extra "throw your hands in the air" in the intro of every song?
Dj Nyce 5:20 PM - 23 February, 2012
CK focuses on Top 40, Electronic/Dance, Rap/Hip-Hop and R&B Club DJs. They have clean, dirty, intros, instrumentals, acapellas, bootlegs, segues and special edits for most songs.

If you are a club DJ i would say CK is the way to go.

They are building the catalog for the other genres 80s, rock, latin, etc but right now those releases are lacking. So if that is your primary playstyle, CK wouldn't help you right now.
DJ Remy USA 5:27 PM - 23 February, 2012
Im might sign up for it since I have new residency coming up for Top 40 night so I have get back into top 40 mode
DJBRIANM 5:29 PM - 23 February, 2012
I like it and I know a lot of people in these forums are direct members or content contributors to the site.
djpuma_gemini 5:30 PM - 23 February, 2012
Club killers = kill the club = club djs, or just see what nyce wrote.
dj steve f 7:18 PM - 23 February, 2012
made the switch 6 months ago from dj city to clubkillers, clubkillers is legit alot of accapellas and instrumentals as well, pretty much any song you would need
Dj_Dropz_ 5:24 AM - 24 February, 2012
The CK genres that are lacking are still pretty good though.... i mean they dont have a big 80's section but they have every Madonna, Mj, and Prince songs available (atleast the good, club usable ones) and the also opened up and alternative rock section with bands including RHCP, Lenny Cravits, and Sublime with intros... again not a big selection... but every song can be used at an open format bar... No other record pool offers the variety these guys provide... I still think they have become the record pool to beat now
The Notourious B.K.S. 11:37 AM - 24 February, 2012
I'm curious, if these record pools got rid of all the throwbacks and just gave you the new music, no back catalogs, would you still use it?
Dj Nyce 1:57 PM - 24 February, 2012
Quote:
I'm curious, if these record pools got rid of all the throwbacks and just gave you the new music, no back catalogs, would you still use it?

i would. but my back catalog is already solid.

i think the back catalog is important for noobs and those who are coming from a different style (i.e. edm).
haze324 2:26 PM - 24 February, 2012
Been on CK for a while now.

What these guys are saying is dead on. They have a good variety but the bulk of the tracks are dance/top 40/hip hop. They do have a ton of other genres but small selections. The thing is, EVERY track they put is a hit. There's no need to search and figure out which one will work at a club. It makes getting music very easy and user friendly.

My favorite pool music wise is DMS, I'd say CK is a more streamlined pool and has a much better interface.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:12 PM - 24 February, 2012
Whats the response time after submitting the application? As I said earlier I sent an app last year, then another one yesterday morning and ive yet to even get a repy tellin me to get lost, is this normal? Im kinda excited to try em out but if the service is like this ill just hop back over to dms
Hitman303 4:03 PM - 24 February, 2012
yeah I used to rate DMS as my favorite but CK has surpassed it, especially for dance/electronic music. It's great like haze324 said because they only put out hits, no need to search around.

The only thing I would say about them is that they sometimes have a little "clubkillers" audio intro at the beginning of a track. It's not a real problem to DJ with since you can set a cue point at the start of a track.
Dj Nyce 4:18 PM - 24 February, 2012
Quote:
Whats the response time after submitting the application? As I said earlier I sent an app last year, then another one yesterday morning and ive yet to even get a repy tellin me to get lost, is this normal? Im kinda excited to try em out but if the service is like this ill just hop back over to dms

Bezzle, i'm not sure what's happening. I submitted my app in Dec 22 2011, i got a response the same day telling me to login and choose my monthly payment plan by clicking any download link and paying for the subscription.

send an email to info@clubkillers.com and see if you get a response
Dj Nyce 4:22 PM - 24 February, 2012
btw, the Birthday Cake Remix (CK Party Starter) they just posted is off the effin hook. can't wait to use that tonite.
DJ Remy USA 4:27 PM - 24 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

i think the back catalog is important for noobs and those who are coming from a different style (i.e. edm).

thats all Im trying to fill is back cataloge new music has so many throw away tunes, i can run older tunes for majority of event and sprinkle in the new tunes
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:44 PM - 24 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

or...
Back when vinyl was drying up (and I was stupid, ignorant, and didn't know any better) I used to grab some stuff off limewire and burn to a CD to be able to play at the club until the vinyl came back in stock.

i had a lot of crappy bitrate stuff in my classics - been replacing stuff over the years with 320s when possible.

The real idea of a RECORD POOL is to get/break NEW MUSIC.... The reason you are in a pool is SUPPOSED to be to get NEW MUSIC
Ceejay 11:52 AM - 25 February, 2012
Anyone know when Club KIllers will be up and ready to go again ?
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:35 AM - 26 February, 2012
WOW, im in and this is a great pool!!! so far my only complaint is they say unlimited downloads but they cap you at 500 a day but thats really not that big of a deal for what you get!
Dj_Dropz_ 12:58 AM - 26 February, 2012
Quote:
WOW, im in and this is a great pool!!! so far my only complaint is they say unlimited downloads but they cap you at 500 a day but thats really not that big of a deal for what you get!

RIGHT?!!? You know its good when even M.Bezzle is impressed!! hahaha!!
nativespinner 1:20 AM - 26 February, 2012
I've been in it for a year now and yeah the new stuff is good. You can send requests in if they don't have it and they usually put it up.
irieproductions 2:06 AM - 26 February, 2012
how much is this pool? what are the plans?
ontime1269 2:08 AM - 26 February, 2012
Where is the site for the pool? It's not here: www.clubkillers.com
The Notourious B.K.S. 1:37 PM - 26 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thats all Im trying to fill is back cataloge new music has so many throw away tunes, i can run older tunes for majority of event and sprinkle in the new tunes

See, no offense, but this shit is the problem. When I started DJ'ing, and was new to this, if I didn't own a "Eric B. Is President" record, because it was out of press... I didn't own the record... it was tough tittay for me. As I got more established, my music collection grew, and as I progressed, those early new records became my back catalog heaters. Pools only used to give the NEW promo records, not one DJ, (or many DJ's), back catalog. The art of DJ'ing isn't in performing or "Killing it" at gigs, its the journey, its from going from someone who has no business doing this, to earning your stripes and learning. I understand the internet has changed this FOREVER, but for all you newer DJ's wondering why older, established DJ's either a.) don't give you the respect YOU think you deserve, b.) won't help you to find the songs, is because of shit like this. Too many DJ's don't have their own style, too many clubs want a DJ to play every format. In my life I've learned you can't please everyone, so don't try, and if you're working in a place that wants to please everyone, its a temporary gig homey, thats the truth...
DJ Remy USA 3:56 PM - 26 February, 2012
Im on CK now its pretty good a lot of the tunes are on DJcity (not all) CK seemed to be handpicked songs that fit the DJs that run CK. Not a bad pool its exactyly what it says less filler and more killer but a lot of the tunes have that extra hype which I dont particulary care for
DJ Remy USA 3:57 PM - 26 February, 2012
They have some good hiphop on there to some really good old school cuts that were never popular but for real hiphop heads
Dj Nyce 7:33 PM - 26 February, 2012
lexy - bottle rat <-- i'm in love with this song. thanks CK!
Dj_Dropz_ 9:12 AM - 28 February, 2012
Quote:

You have to submit an application and once given the ok by the CK folks, then they will grant you access to their record pool... I suggest you check it out... you wont regret it
Dj_Dropz_ 9:13 AM - 28 February, 2012
Quote:

You have to submit an application and once given the ok by the CK folks, then they will grant you access to their record pool... I suggest you check it out... you wont regret it
Audio1 4:27 PM - 28 February, 2012
Quote:
Hot tune. If you like that, Find WhiteNoize feat. Lexy and Digital Milo "Just A Kiss". On that big vegas anthem stylee.
Dj Nyce 5:31 PM - 28 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Hot tune. If you like that, Find WhiteNoize feat. Lexy and Digital Milo "Just A Kiss". On that big vegas anthem stylee.

Audio1 i need more suggestions. Keep em coming!!!
Audio1 5:34 PM - 28 February, 2012
Quote:
Audio1 i need more suggestions. Keep em coming!!!
serato.com check the latest mixes I posted from House Nation FM. Tons of suggestions there.
Djstylez23 11:57 PM - 28 February, 2012
When you submit the DJ application and log in after does it mean it submitted or?
Proto J 9:28 AM - 29 February, 2012
so... if you're a working top 40 (mostly) DJ, and you need a good mixture of pop, hip hop, and edm (house, electro, bmore, dubstep, etc.) would you go with clubkillers or djcity?
DJ Remy USA 11:27 AM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
so... if you're a working top 40 (mostly) DJ, and you need a good mixture of pop, hip hop, and edm (house, electro, bmore, dubstep, etc.) would you go with clubkillers or djcity?

DJcities selection is way bigger than clubkillers. However Club killers has more throwbacks and classics than DJ city, all in all both pools carry pretty much the same material when it comes to new music top 40, hiphop, pop kinda stuff.
Proto J 11:37 AM - 29 February, 2012
hhhhhmmmmm, how much are they both? who's cheaper?
DJ Remy USA 4:40 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
hhhhhmmmmm, how much are they both? who's cheaper?

they cost the same

DJcity = 90$ for 3 months
Clubkillers = 35$ monthly or 90$ up front for 3 months
Dj Shamann 5:31 PM - 29 February, 2012
It's been a while since I logged in, is anybody else seeing Japanese on the page?
Dj Nyce 6:17 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
It's been a while since I logged in, is anybody else seeing Japanese on the page?

nope. working fine for me on chrome and firefox.
DJJorel 6:43 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

They sent out an email saying that they are doing some updates that might affect the language settings for some users....should only be temporary...
Dj Shamann 6:52 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:

Yeah I'm on Chrome

Quote:
They sent out an email saying that they are doing some updates that might affect the language settings for some users....should only be temporary...

Okay cool, just wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing things
Hitman303 7:06 PM - 29 February, 2012
I see Japanese too, hopefully it's just temporary. I keep having to change the language to English for each page. I'm using safari.
Dj_Dropz_ 10:45 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
When you submit the DJ application and log in after does it mean it submitted or?
They usually take less then a day to give you an ok on your application and once they do they send you an email with the provided links to sign up for their record pool (payment plan N such included) and then you should be set
Dj_Dropz_ 10:48 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:

Dj City does have a bigger library but that doesnt mean its worth downloading or let alone playing at your event... CK takes the hassle of looking for good records all day and has a select list of songs that for the most part work for any occasion...

Quality over quantity...
Proto J 10:52 PM - 29 February, 2012
but there's never any hits or really good versions of hits that CK is missing that DJCity has?

overall it sounds like most of you are saying CK over DJCity...
Proto J 10:53 PM - 29 February, 2012
p.s. i've got a healthy collection already, not many gaps to fill in, i'm more looking for an easy way to stay super current.
Dj_Dropz_ 11:45 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
p.s. i've got a healthy collection already, not many gaps to fill in, i'm more looking for an easy way to stay super current.

I mean Dj Remy USA for the most part has it down. For the most up-to-date music any record pool can basically do the job for you if thats what you want... Ive found that CK gets records ALOT sooner then most so if that helps in your choice then there it is... haha
Dj_Dropz_ 11:49 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
but there's never any hits or really good versions of hits that CK is missing that DJCity has?

I was a member of djcity, my mp3pool, and an occasional customer to i12inch and the variety and the no hassle ness of CK made it super easy to get things right before a gig and just knowing it was a banger without even really listening to it... They take the fun outta looking for records and true bangers but some ppl dont have all the time in the world to do that so CK does the work for you...
Proto J 12:16 AM - 1 March, 2012
so it sounds like if CK posts it, it's likely to be a radio hit then?
irieproductions 12:46 AM - 1 March, 2012
man these guys from club killers don't know what the deal is. First it took like 5 days for them to process my application, then i had an issue with the password, i tried 3 times already to reset password and the website doesn't send me any emails to reset password. Then i send email to info@clubkillers.com explaining the issue and no response after a day.

Is this like a hobby of 1 dj that he takes care of after his day job is over?
edsonr 1:03 AM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
man these guys from club killers don't know what the deal is. First it took like 5 days for them to process my application, then i had an issue with the password, i tried 3 times already to reset password and the website doesn't send me any emails to reset password. Then i send email to info@clubkillers.com explaining the issue and no response after a day.

Is this like a hobby of 1 dj that he takes care of after his day job is over?

Opposite from my experience. It took a day for the initial application, but after that everything else happened the same day. I will admit, you gotta folllow their e-mail instructions exactly. The only other problem I had was the site kept turning into japanese, I e-mailed them about it and they responded a few hours later.
irieproductions 1:08 AM - 1 March, 2012
oh well first impression is the most important one, just wanted to share my experience wasn't good. I currently subscribe to DMS and DJ City, they are pretty darn good.
DJJorel 1:17 AM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
oh well first impression is the most important one, just wanted to share my experience wasn't good. I currently subscribe to DMS and DJ City, they are pretty darn good.

Back in the day, if the labels found out that you were part of more than one pool that they service, then that was bad news.

Today, it is pretty beneficial to be part of more than one pool. Sign of the times, I guess...
DJ Remy USA 1:23 AM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:

here the deal with CK they will not have instrumentals acappellas, etc for majority of there songs. So to be honest if you were to soley use CK alone you probably sound like every DJ although the do have alot to offer DJ city allows you to dig a little deeper where as CK picks the songs that they like which most of them are available on DJ city anyways with the instrumentals, acapellas, etc.

CK = I have gig and I need hits for a certain genre now
DJ city = Regular DJ pool with killer hits, filler, and other
DJ Remy USA 1:34 AM - 1 March, 2012
FYI not everything on CK is hit by the way the website is based around there opinions of hits and reccurrents. I would go as far to say if your not playing majority top 40 electro pop type gigs CK isnt really for you. Just my opinion

Your gonna always need at least 2 record pools in my opinion my top 2 are djcity for the currents and latino unidos for my latin music.

For oldies and filling in the gap I use mp3splash.com you pay per song its way cheaper than itunes and if the quality of a file sucks you can tell them it sucks and the will re-rip it (not very fast but they do it)
Dj Nyce 2:06 AM - 1 March, 2012
i would def say you need 2-3 pools. right now i'm running CK, dj city, 8th wonder and google.

one of these days i'll give DMS a try.
Alex Dreamz 2:22 AM - 1 March, 2012
Let me just say every DJ should have DJCity. DJCity is the best pool across the board in my opinion. Club Killers caters more to Club DJ's who prefer dance music mash up kinda stuff. Lots of custom edits, stuff big room DJ's play. Also applications take awhile cause the team in charge of approving members only approves 5 DJ's a week that are referred by a member. It makes a lot more sense to keep it exclusive. What's the point if everybody has the same edit?
Hitman303 2:47 AM - 1 March, 2012
I'm with Alex on this, Club Killers is great for dance music. Almost everything they put out is great. DJcity is all around good especially if you need instrumentals....but you do have to know what you're looking for.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:50 AM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
I'm with Alex on this, Club Killers is great for dance music. Almost everything they put out is great. DJcity is all around good especially if you need instrumentals....but you do have to know what you're looking for.

+1
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:51 AM - 1 March, 2012
Is anyone else experiencing slower dls from CK than usual, last weekend i was getting like 10 simontanious DLs and today im only getting one at a time, not sure if the issues on their end or mine
Alex Dreamz 3:21 AM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
Is anyone else experiencing slower dls from CK than usual, last weekend i was getting like 10 simontanious DLs and today im only getting one at a time, not sure if the issues on their end or mine

It's the site being upgraded/international language errors. Should be all good soon.
Proto J 5:25 AM - 1 March, 2012
well, since i'm messing with production here and there, including mashes and remixes, sounds like DJCity would be better for me, for the instrumentals and acapellas alone.
Hitman303 5:40 AM - 1 March, 2012
For sure, DJCity is a great pool. Can't go wrong with it.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:05 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

It's the site being upgraded/international language errors. Should be all good soon.

cool no prob, im acutually enjoying the japanese, makes it feel more exclusive, like ording CV from stoyoko lol
Red Polo 9:51 PM - 1 March, 2012
i know its not a pool and sorry for the spam but if you like top 40 electro then check this out

soundcloud.com
Red Polo 9:51 PM - 1 March, 2012
i know its not a pool and sorry for the spam but if you like top 40 electro then check this out

soundcloud.com
Frankie Glasses 11:37 PM - 1 March, 2012
alex ,
Great site, however i do have 1 complaint about the navigation of the site....
So if you want to preview a video thats on lets say page 4 of the old school page, or any genre page, and then after you do or dont download it you have to go back a page but it takes you to the 1st page of that genre and then you have to flip back to the page you were on.
Seems like all other site have the same format. You want to preview video a little window pops up and then download, close window but still on same page.
monchi 12:42 AM - 2 March, 2012
The downloads are now quicker than before, go get them now.
Alex Dreamz 7:06 AM - 4 March, 2012
Quote:
alex ,
So if you want to preview a video thats on lets say page 4 of the old school page, or any genre page, and then after you do or dont download it you have to go back a page but it takes you to the 1st page of that genre and then you have to flip back to the page you were on.
Seems like all other site have the same format. You want to preview video a little window pops up and then download, close window but still on same page.

I'll will forward your message to the CK team.
Proto J 12:56 AM - 5 March, 2012
alright, so is CK different enough from DJCity that it's worth having both of them?

and if you had to choose only one, who is the best, overall (for everything, pop, hip hop, dance, dubstep, etc.)?
Frankie Glasses 7:48 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
alex ,

I'll will forward your message to the CK team.

Thanks Alex! Keep up the great work!
Dj_Dropz_ 10:28 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
alright, so is CK different enough from DJCity that it's worth having both of them?

and if you had to choose only one, who is the best, overall (for everything, pop, hip hop, dance, dubstep, etc.)?

My honest opinion?? I would choose CK... While ive never had both at the same time (Ive had DjCity but not at the same time as CK) I can still say ive had a better experience with CK solely because its so easy to use and straight forward... But DjCity is a great choice aswell... You will be more then satisfied with either choice but me personally, i lean more towards CK.
Proto J 12:14 AM - 6 March, 2012
ok, well i got about another 24 hours to join CK, since they accepted me yesterday...

what is DJCity like, is it easy to join, or what?
djlukie 4:15 PM - 13 March, 2012
I joined 8thwonderpromos.com , one of the oldest and cheapest DJ pools out there with a wide variety of music and videos with different extends/remixes/genres to download from... They post monthly, NEW music and have top 25 monthly charts
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:47 PM - 13 March, 2012
^Congrats on joining the shittiest pool on the net, im sure your parents are proud! Lol
djlukie 5:07 PM - 13 March, 2012
Whats wrong with 8th wonder? Im not a VDJ so I dont give a rats ass on how cruddy the video quality is... I only use it to keep me up to date on whats new and extended versions...
Hitman303 2:47 AM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:
^Congrats on joining the shittiest pool on the net, im sure your parents are proud! Lol

lol....true story
DJMark 8:04 AM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:
Whats wrong with 8th wonder? Im not a VDJ so I dont give a rats ass on how cruddy the video quality is... I only use it to keep me up to date on whats new and extended versions...

I guess it's saving you the trouble of combing through all the bootleg blog sites and ripping YouTube audio.

Because (unless something has drastically changed in the last couple years that I've miraculously not heard about), that's about the quality you're getting there.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:20 PM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:
I only use it to keep me up to date on whats new and extended versions...

even the quality of their extendeds is subpar, there are ALOT of off beat intros on that site, I dont NEED an intro but if I use one I expect it to be done properly not a 9 or 13 bar intro that fucks the timing up just as bad as a nonintro track......gotta love 8thwonders nack for keepin u guessin at a gig
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:25 PM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:
Im kinda confused on CK, is it open yet, I know I filled out an app like 1 years ago when it was first announced n didnt hear anything back, I just checked the site and it still says its "almost ready" so is it open to the public yet or not, anyone feel like hooking ya boy up with a referral?

Beez, they did a background check...

You DJ so bad....The record pool you applied for put up a "Under Construction" link for you whenever you try to login...
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:32 PM - 14 March, 2012
Lmfao!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:32 PM - 14 March, 2012
Wow, no love for Franchise?
DJJorel 4:10 PM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:

I heard that Franchise now requires you to rate each track before download...that made one of my friends switch to DMS....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:07 PM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I heard that Franchise now requires you to rate each track before download...that made one of my friends switch to DMS....

Yeah, they just started that...

I only download a FEW tracks when absolutely necessary to get the new HAWT GAWBAGE, but hey, it is what it is.
Ceejay 11:58 AM - 21 July, 2012
I been with CK for several months now, Im a bit disappointed with the lack of new tracks provided lately , at the moment the number of tracks I actually find useful is very small. Think its time to start looking for another music pool .
DJ GRIAL 3:40 PM - 21 July, 2012
Quote:
I been with CK for several months now, Im a bit disappointed with the lack of new tracks provided lately , at the moment the number of tracks I actually find useful is very small. Think its time to start looking for another music pool .

same here, just cancelled last month...
popnwave 7:00 PM - 21 July, 2012
I was about to jump in and didn't like the hard sell they do when you ask about signing up. Before I give you my hard earned money you better show me something good. Hell even a drug dealer will show you something before you buy it.
Dj Nyce 1:07 AM - 22 July, 2012
You bugging out, CK is the shit. Best and fastest in top 40, dance, remixes. And they have videos.
Frankie Glasses 9:38 PM - 23 July, 2012
Quote:
You bugging out, CK is the shit. Best and fastest in top 40, dance, remixes. And they have videos.

+1
djcrap 2:06 AM - 24 July, 2012
how much is the fee per month
geeunot 9:47 AM - 24 July, 2012
i think 50...b4 it was 30 b4 it got really popular. yeah CK is the shit...i dont think ill ever cancel.
Culprit 6:32 PM - 24 July, 2012
Quote:
i think 50...b4 it was 30 b4 it got really popular. yeah CK is the shit...i dont think ill ever cancel.

+1, club killers is where its at
DJMonstarr 2:59 AM - 26 July, 2012
Thanks for all of the information about Club Killers, I subscribed yesterday and I am very happy with it. I've subscribed to a lot of different pools over the last few years including DJ City, Direct Music Service, MyMp3Pool, X-Mix, Crate Connect, i12inch, etc. etc., and Club Killers has proven itself to me already. Like others have said above, lots of heat, so you don't have to go sifting through garbage in order to get to the good stuff.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:33 AM - 26 July, 2012
Quote:
I've subscribed to a lot of different pools over the last few years including DJ City, Direct Music Service, MyMp3Pool, X-Mix, Crate Connect, i12inch, etc. etc., and Club Killers has proven itself to me already.

Although I'm not sure about Club Killers content (is there a way to see what you get on their "Beta" website), if you unhappy guys that posted above are still looking, you may want to peep www.latenightrecordpool.com - It has a good mixture of that fist pump vegas electro "house" along with the hit hood rap & R&B plus some weekly old school throwbacks as well.

You also may want to check out idjpool.com - one of the best for Urban and R&B and a ton of Traditional Club Dance.

Just throwing other alternatives out there...
djdalite 7:13 PM - 15 August, 2012
been previewing a lot of the tracks and they all seem to have fatman scoop drops in them
Hitman303 8:07 PM - 15 August, 2012
I'm a member and they don't have many tracks with fatman scoop in them. They are a great pool. They are a perfect complement for someone with djcity subscription.
djdalite 8:12 PM - 15 August, 2012
i guess it was the first page with the top tracks or something - ive been looking through it more - seems like a pretty good selection and the vids are a plus
Hitman303 8:21 PM - 15 August, 2012
yeah the vids are great too. If you do video they would be a good compliment to someone with vjpro/smash
djlukie 5:23 PM - 17 August, 2012
DJ City, MyMp3Pool and Break the Crates are my top 3
Culprit 10:27 PM - 17 August, 2012
i liked breakthecrates until they changed their format. I also like the fact that they supplied wav files.
Ceejay 10:24 AM - 18 August, 2012
I joined DMS, terminated my membership after 3 months, versions of the songs too short.
Im now with Clubkillers, lately the amount of updated content doesn't justify the cost, Im hoping they start adding more fresh music.
DJ Remy USA 2:31 AM - 19 August, 2012
Quote:

I like CK good for dance music they have strictly hits with that stuff. They have pretty good back fill. If your a urban type DJ not the pool for you at all. DJcity is still the best overall DJ pool imo
DJ Remy USA 2:33 AM - 19 August, 2012
Quote:
I'm a member and they don't have many tracks with fatman scoop in them. They are a great pool. They are a perfect complement for someone with djcity subscription.

Exactly the only pools I have I get everything from those 2 alone
DJ Remy USA 2:35 AM - 19 August, 2012
How much fresh music you guys want not like your crowd wants to hear all that new stuff. CK has nothing but hits no filler. I barely download new music and I can hit up CK just before a gig and be current by only updating my library 1 to 2 times a month
Culprit 7:08 AM - 19 August, 2012
djcity, dms and club killers are the top ones to join dude.. if your not satisfied with those i sugguest you start making your own edits then
Dj Nyce 2:01 PM - 19 August, 2012
the combo of djcity and ck is serious business. you'll be set for life.
Theory83 9:34 PM - 19 August, 2012
submitted my app for club killers 3 days ago. No reply.
djdalite 10:56 PM - 19 August, 2012
^ check your spam mail filter
Theory83 2:37 AM - 20 August, 2012
Quote:
^ check your spam mail filter

yea. All I received was a msg saying, thanks for applying and I would hear back from from them.
DjKwest15 10:16 AM - 20 August, 2012
I really recommend Mp3poolonline.com really dope record pool
djkurve 3:35 PM - 20 August, 2012
Quote:
I was about to jump in and didn't like the hard sell they do when you ask about signing up. Before I give you my hard earned money you better show me something good. Hell even a drug dealer will show you something before you buy it.

+1
DULCEMAN 7:42 AM - 21 August, 2012
Club Killers > DJ City.

One Click Downloads, LESS FILLER, & super high quality music.

Shout out to Alex Dreamz and JDLive crew for making a pretty legit pool!
They really do have potential for being the best of the best.
Dirty Lou 7:55 PM - 21 August, 2012
Quote:
Club Killers > DJ City.

One Click Downloads, LESS FILLER, & super high quality music.

Shout out to Alex Dreamz and JDLive crew for making a pretty legit pool!
They really do have potential for being the best of the best.

+100

Club Killers is meant for DJ's who don't want to download every song. It's DJs who rock clubs and want to drop heaters. But also features throwbacks, bar stuff wedding, etc. It's exclusive to a few members and that's what I really like. Not everybody is playing the same edits I'm playing.
Culprit 8:48 PM - 21 August, 2012
Quote:
submitted my app for club killers 3 days ago. No reply.

contact -> info@clubkillers.com or resubmit your application.
haze324 8:59 PM - 21 August, 2012
I've been on CK for quite some time now and I'm def. a fan. Those guys have always posted my requests and even email me back making sure they have the right one. Areas I think they could improve

1. Yes - they have tons of heaters/bangers but after a while they all start sounding the same. Just one huge anthem after another that sound the same. ALOT of emphasis on those.

2. Their hip hop edits/mashs/segways/transitions are all on point. Wish they posted a few more of these to balance out the amount of big anthems they put up.

Aside from that its the best pool i've been a member of.
Theory83 3:35 AM - 22 August, 2012
Just got my login/membership. No question I'll be signing up. I am blown away at how organized everything is! I am a super neat freak and this is one clean site with a damn good selection.

One thing I couldn't find on the site....is there a download limit like dms? Or just a flat monthly/quarterly fee for unlimited music/video.
DJ Remy USA 4:04 AM - 22 August, 2012
Quote:
Just got my login/membership. No question I'll be signing up. I am blown away at how organized everything is! I am a super neat freak and this is one clean site with a damn good selection.

One thing I couldn't find on the site....is there a download limit like dms? Or just a flat monthly/quarterly fee for unlimited music/video.

think you have 2 or 3 downloads I have reached my limit on some by accidentally downloading the same track. They updated the site and now when you download a check mark goes next to the version you downloaded super helpful
Frankie Glasses 4:28 PM - 22 August, 2012
There is no download limit. Its unlimited
Club Ample 5:06 PM - 22 August, 2012
I think remy means on each song you can only download them 2 times... so if you lose the file for any reason.. you can still go back and download it again... but after the second download it wont let you...

As for total downloads on the site.. correct .. unlimited.... very fast one click downloads.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:36 PM - 22 August, 2012
Quote:

Its limited at 2 dls per song
Frankie Glasses 9:25 PM - 22 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Its limited at 2 dls per song

I was actually referring that there is not a cap of what you can DL from the site. Some pools depending on you membership allow only 25 DL per month like DMS, vj pro.....
Kris P. 8:06 PM - 26 August, 2012
Damn haven't post on Serato forum in a while but I saw this so I thought I'd chime in!

As an International demonstrator for Pioneer, touring DJ, entrepreneur and event producer, I trust and rely on my clubkillers account for the base of all my shows and sets. They are ahead of the curve on all their music and the exclusive tracks by JD Live, Alex Dreamz are other contributors and certified bangers. An must have for any professional DJ!

Some of my work.
Watchvimeo.com
Watchvimeo.com

- Kris P.
geeunot 5:46 AM - 30 August, 2012
where can we get that t-shirt kris? haha looks dope.
DJ SPAIR 9:05 AM - 30 August, 2012
Quote:
Let me just say every DJ should have DJCity. DJCity is the best pool across the board in my opinion. Club Killers caters more to Club DJ's who prefer dance music mash up kinda stuff. Lots of custom edits, stuff big room DJ's play. Also applications take awhile cause the team in charge of approving members only approves 5 DJ's a week that are referred by a member. It makes a lot more sense to keep it exclusive. What's the point if everybody has the same edit?

^^^^
monchi 12:17 AM - 2 September, 2012
Damn they just raised monthly subscriprion $5.00, gonna have to quit that POOL ;)
geeunot 8:24 PM - 2 September, 2012
For everyone? I thought we had our rates locked in.
DJ TC CT 3:06 PM - 9 October, 2012
I've been using a combination of Franchise, Crack4DJs, IDJpool, Itunes (I get a LOT of gift cards), amazon, and crooklynclan (love diggz). On top of that, I collarborate with a guy that does a lot of latin nights to help keep that current. One of my biggest challenges is the diversity of the crowd every night. Every week I do a spanish night, 80s and 90s hip hop and dance night, and play a typical hiphop/dubstep/electro club crowd. That's on top of any mobile gigs I have. It's a lot to keep up with. The biggest challenge I have is staying current with the spanish music. I'm getting a little tired of googling DR, Jamaica, etc top 40 then searching endlessly for the songs. Then I have to spend hours keeping the throwback sets fresh (which is why I like franchise and going through all my old itunes playlists). I'm trying to condense my sources for music. It seems like CK can cut down the time I spend scouring through the new club tracks, but can anyone give some feedback on the diversity of DJCity, especially their spanish music? I play mostly Bachata, Reggae, Reggaeton, and Dembow. I throw in a little merengue, salsa and cumbia every now and then for good measure... Thanks.
DJ Remy USA 1:36 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
I've been using a combination of Franchise, Crack4DJs, IDJpool, Itunes (I get a LOT of gift cards), amazon, and crooklynclan (love diggz). On top of that, I collarborate with a guy that does a lot of latin nights to help keep that current. One of my biggest challenges is the diversity of the crowd every night. Every week I do a spanish night, 80s and 90s hip hop and dance night, and play a typical hiphop/dubstep/electro club crowd. That's on top of any mobile gigs I have. It's a lot to keep up with. The biggest challenge I have is staying current with the spanish music. I'm getting a little tired of googling DR, Jamaica, etc top 40 then searching endlessly for the songs. Then I have to spend hours keeping the throwback sets fresh (which is why I like franchise and going through all my old itunes playlists). I'm trying to condense my sources for music. It seems like CK can cut down the time I spend scouring through the new club tracks, but can anyone give some feedback on the diversity of DJCity, especially their spanish music? I play mostly Bachata, Reggae, Reggaeton, and Dembow. I throw in a little merengue, salsa and cumbia every now and then for good measure... Thanks.

For latin music the best source for original tracks is latinomusicpool.com and my favorite latinosunidosonline.com also check out the new lomaximoproductions pool I havent tried it myself but you can be sure they will keep you current with the hits. Latinremixkings for all your edits and latinremixxes.com isnt bad for your edits too. Do like I do partner up with someone you trust and you focus on a few genres and let him focus on a few genres then just feed off of each other to stay current notice I did not say share music but share playlist so you know whats hot and vice versa
pancakes 10:10 PM - 24 February, 2013
Is club killers a legal record pool because i don't see it here djvo.org
haze324 11:15 PM - 24 February, 2013
Quote:

You serious?

Neither is DJCity, DMS, etc. and ton of other legit pools.
pancakes 4:51 PM - 26 February, 2013
Is it legal for record pools to have files of other record pools and post them like they got it from the label themselves
Culprit 7:52 PM - 26 February, 2013
No its not
DjWoody 8:48 PM - 26 February, 2013
Quote:

That website is a joke.
DjWoody 8:49 PM - 26 February, 2013
*EDIT* I meant djvo.org, not Club Killers.
Dj Nyce 9:57 PM - 26 February, 2013
Quote:
i don't see it here djvo.org

this site has no authority or legal standing to deem what pool(s) are legal or not.

anyways CK is the shit. if you are thinking of joining it's a no brainer.
touchthelight 7:05 PM - 16 March, 2013
I was just at the CK site and couldn't find where I can sign up for their pool. Are they not accepting new members or is the link really hidden?
Dirty Mongoose NYC 9:33 PM - 3 April, 2013
I've been a member for awhile now. At first it wasn't as consistent but now I see a great variety of stuff 5 to 6 days a week and the majority is stuff I can actually use. Seen lots of sites come and go but nothing like CK. I'd never leave Club Killers. I'm very happy
DJJimKelly 2:11 AM - 4 April, 2013
hmm....I'm building my video library (I know....LATE). I just submitted my app to CK.
geeunot 4:39 AM - 4 April, 2013
I believe you won't get in unless you're referred by an existing member.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:53 PM - 4 April, 2013
1st rule of clubkillers...you dont talk about clubkillers
Discobee 6:18 PM - 5 April, 2013
^^^ Follow this rule.
Alex Dreamz 6:10 PM - 7 April, 2013
Quote:

Hahahahaha. I believe it's the second rule as well.
Pushkin 10:22 PM - 2 May, 2013
Do any good record pools provide an option to download a batch of new tracks every week with one click?
monchi 10:23 PM - 2 May, 2013
one click, good thing you didn't have to go looking for the latest and greatest 12" back in the day, you would of/////// but back to original ? nope.
Pushkin 10:32 PM - 2 May, 2013
Quote:
one click, good thing you didn't have to go looking for the latest and greatest 12" back in the day, you would of/////// but back to original ? nope.

Been there, done that... OK, will try CK.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:57 AM - 3 May, 2013
Quote:
Do any good record pools provide an option to download a batch of new tracks every week with one click?

idjpool is a ftp pool. You used to be able to select multiple tracks and download them all just like copying in Mac Finder - (week folder used to have 100-150 tracks - select all - download).

I think now you can only do 5 at a time but still goes pretty fast. I meant to ask why the 5 limit - need to check soon out of curiousity
mic-jonz 12:53 AM - 2 August, 2013
hey guys..who on here is a member of ClubKillers.com already? can i get a referral?
thanks in advance..heres my email..apiawesthamo@yahoo.com
DJ phillipfamous 4:19 PM - 13 September, 2013
Any fellow dj's on here that is a member of Clubkillers.com. I would luv to get a referral.
Thanks in advance ....my email is philnetworld@yahoo.com
Wally Sparks 4:20 PM - 15 September, 2013
Club Killers looks interesting. Right now, I'm getting everything I need from Late Night Record Pool. www.latenightrecordpool.com
djvtyme85 12:26 AM - 16 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Link with me Remy trust me I got blessed
DJ VEE 3:40 AM - 16 September, 2013
That explains why I couldn't find a signup, you have to be referred. I would like to check this out. I would appreciate a ref feral from someone that is already a member... vpod101@hotmail.com. Thanx
weeggyy 5:04 AM - 16 September, 2013
Quote:

This...
DJ Remy USA 3:26 PM - 16 September, 2013
Quote:
That explains why I couldn't find a signup, you have to be referred. I would like to check this out. I would appreciate a ref feral from someone that is already a member... vpod101@hotmail.com. Thanx

not true one of my buddies just signed up he didnt get referred at least I dont think he did.

Alex can you chime in on this he knows more than we do so we can end speculation.

Last I heard club killers limits their submissions to keep the pool somewhat exclusive. I think all DJ pools should have exclusive membership and a DJ should have to at least submit a video of them actually mixing to gain membership. This will weed out the wannabe's just my opinion
DJ VEE 4:43 PM - 16 September, 2013
Not sure then. I filled out the required info, web page etc. I see the referral box. Left that blank and submitted my application, the message told me that a referral is required. I read earlier in the thread that they have a wedding section. Interested to check that out. That's a huge portion of my gigs. Would like to see what that's all about. Actually, seems like they have a good variety of different types. Your exclusivity idea kinda makes sense, ( just mot at this moment while I'm on the outside looking in-LOL). I see where you are going with it.
Club Ample 5:57 PM - 16 September, 2013
Quote:
Not sure then. I filled out the required info, web page etc. I see the referral box. Left that blank and submitted my application, the message told me that a referral is required. I read earlier in the thread that they have a wedding section. Interested to check that out. That's a huge portion of my gigs. Would like to see what that's all about. Actually, seems like they have a good variety of different types. Your exclusivity idea kinda makes sense, ( just mot at this moment while I'm on the outside looking in-LOL). I see where you are going with it.

I didnt need a referral when I signed up but that was well over a year ago... maybe they changed their policy since then. The wedding section is just under 200 songs... broken down into categories... Bouquet Cake Cutting Ceremony Songs Couples Dance Father / Daughter First Dance etc etc.
I dont know if that would be the reason to join though...but its a month to month subscription so worst case youre only out 35 bucks.

I will say though that CK has the most no nonsense format of the few I have joined. One click downloads... no rating... and the majority of the tracks are usable. They have less content on a daily basis vs DJ City.. but theyre not just throwing up junk to make it look busy. Its more geared toward EDM than Hip Hop & RnB but they have the essentials. Depending on the venues you DJ.. you could get by with just this pool...if you do a variety though I would recommend CK, DJ City, to cover most open format and then if you need something to be more on top of hip hop and reggae I would suggest Franchise... If you need latin stuff i would suggest. latinosunidosonline.com... that latin pool is no joke but the downside is you only get access to newer content, If you want access to the archives you have to pay for a full year at once.
DJ VEE 6:29 PM - 16 September, 2013
Thanx for the info. I've had DJ City for a few years now. It's a good pool, but the rating part just sucks. Especially if I'm trying to get something that is not even a remix. What am I rating??? They want ratings on the DJ doing the remixes. Yes they upload every day on City, but a lot of it is another remix. I'm not in any clubs, so I don't need15 different remixes of the same song. I like the pool, there's good stuff on it but I am busy day to day and have a hard time sifting through all the stuff they put out there every day to find what I need. Then it slows it down more cause you have to rate every dload... I really like the idea of no no nonsense click and grab what you need. I'm also looking at barbangerz also and trying to decide if that's worth it. Looks like a lot of stuff I can use.
str8nger 6:34 PM - 16 September, 2013
How much is CK?
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:43 PM - 16 September, 2013
Referral?? They sent me an email asking me to join?
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:44 PM - 16 September, 2013
Quote:
How much is COCK?

Depends where you are but i couldnt imagine much....ask mr cee, he could give you better info

Nm nh
Culprit 6:49 PM - 16 September, 2013
Club killers gets you video as well as audio so I highly recommend it. I use CK, VJ Pro and of course I blog it a lot. CK really tackles a lot of the blog work for me and the wedding crates have not failed me yet.
str8nger 7:03 PM - 16 September, 2013
Cost to joined is what I meant
slimmjimm 4:50 PM - 17 September, 2013
Am I the only person who wasn't really happy with CK?
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:32 PM - 17 September, 2013
Quote:

Which pools do you perfer?
funkyfresh2012 6:04 PM - 17 September, 2013
Quote:

Im curious as to what you were unhappy with?
slimmjimm 6:57 PM - 17 September, 2013
Quote:
Which pools do you perfer?

I "prefer" VJ/Smash, and occasionally the "grey area" sites for vids. For audio only, I find that if I need some more "urban" hot garbage, digiwaxx usually helps.

I was a member of Franchise, MMP3, and a few others I probably don't remember, and I have various degrees of happiness with all of them.

Quote:
Im curious as to what you were unhappy with?

I think mostly the frequency of updates. I know it was a bit more frequent on the audio side, but I'm really only after the video, and $35/mo just didn't seem worth it to me, especially at the time, it seemed that 1 or 2 of the video edits were available on Blastvids/Videoupdate.

I think what really got me is when I cancelled because I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue (which I kind of did afterwards). This was a day or two after my monthly fee came out, and my access was cut short. I paid for the month, I get the month, IMO. And when I tried to email and get it resolved I got no answer. That pretty much turned me off.

Not to say it wasn't useful, or that there wasn't great stuff, it just didn't seem like a fit for me.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:02 PM - 17 September, 2013
Ill be honest they are slow on vids but thats cause they dont put out alot of fillers
slimmjimm 7:32 PM - 17 September, 2013
Quote:
Ill be honest they are slow on vids but thats cause they dont put out alot of fillers

Completely agree, however for 35/mo without DL limits, sometimes I'm looking for filler.
Ariel M 12:39 AM - 23 September, 2013
In their website, when filling up your information as a DJ, does it really matter to put all your Social Network account ie: Facebook, twitter, etc. Will they turn your application down if you fill 1 account only? I don't have so much (only Facebook) as I keep myself a bit private.

I guess, Dj referral is stronger than those social sites to get approved, no?

Wish someone here could refer me as this www.clubkillers.com caters the type of music genre (based on the comment in this thread) I play most of the time.

Cheers!
DJ VEE 2:26 AM - 23 September, 2013
Looks like you need a referal before anything happens. I tried a few times and it would not go through without one. a referral would be cool... Good Luck.
Ariel M 2:53 AM - 23 September, 2013
Quote:
Looks like you need a referal before anything happens. I tried a few times and it would not go through without one. a referral would be cool... Good Luck.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for...

Anyone with kind hearted DJ here? ;)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:04 PM - 23 September, 2013
Quote:

No, but how much are you willing to PAY?
DJ VEE 3:07 PM - 23 September, 2013
LOL!
Ariel M 4:01 PM - 23 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

No, but how much are you willing to PAY?

You serious!?
geeunot 6:27 AM - 24 September, 2013
yes! haha
Culprit 7:50 AM - 24 September, 2013
www.facebook.com
twitter.com

your best bet is to go like the club killers official facebook page and wait for them to announce when they accept more members. They do so like once a month. It's worth it.
DJ VEE 2:52 PM - 24 September, 2013
Oh, ok. Got it. Appreciate the info. Worth a try.
Ariel M 11:54 PM - 24 September, 2013
Quote:
Oh, ok. Got it. Appreciate the info. Worth a try.

Definitely worth a try coz I got approved! Thanks to Culprit for this help and not the other guy here who can't live without asking for $$$ in exchange for something :p
DJ VEE 1:38 AM - 25 September, 2013
Anywhere in particular on the Facebook page that you managed to get yourself approved? Is there a link or something?
Ariel M 2:31 AM - 25 September, 2013
Quote:
Anywhere in particular on the Facebook page that you managed to get yourself approved? Is there a link or something?

I just clicked the "LIKE" button in their Facebook page like what Culprit said and I used the "Instagram" as reference based on the ads they post in facebook www.facebook.com though it was old post (sept7) and says they only accept 10 new members but I took my chance and here I am, their new member :) Also, I wrote a message to them in the comment/message box in the application about my interest to join as a member.
DJ VEE 3:19 AM - 27 September, 2013
Worked for me too. I'm in. Thanx for the info.
dj sav 12:46 AM - 3 November, 2013
Well I personally mainly use promo only & franchise If Im in the mood for a intro outro i personally used producers packs to create my own here & there I may purchase a remix that's sounds hot to play. Now regarding record digital record pools which are legit. Hmmm lomaximoproduction it was not a legit record pool. MYMP3RECORDpool was cool but hey where lacking on the Latin. I play a open format. So I'm always seeking new mtl. Im still seeking a a good latin pool that has all in one flavor pool. Now had no choice to start singing & djing to keep up with my creativity..
AMOR52 2:32 AM - 19 November, 2013
Thanks for your info
KT - The Quincy Jock 7:29 AM - 26 April, 2014
I need help majorly people. I am a 47-year-old dj and my laptop and all music files were lost. Which pool or where can i go to get mostly old throwbacks and classics from the 80s? Music from artists like MC Shy D, Dynamix, Gigolo Tony, Mantronix, Dimples T, Missy Mist, get the picture. I mostly play urban classics, including (what will be classics of) hip-hop, rap, soul, funk, disco, blues, reggae and r&b. Also need classics from the 90s to current since I lost everything. I don't like downloading freebies from the Internet since I like the higher 320kb bitrate. I use Serato, of course, and any info would be of great help and interest. So please guys and gals, help an old man out some of this new technology and in helping me recoup my library. Thanks in advance .
DJ VEE 12:16 PM - 26 April, 2014
Club killers, late night record pool and idj pool might have some of the stuff you are looking for. You will probably not find it all in one pool though. It will be limited on these pools anyway. I would consider looking for CDs on eBay and amazon, or local pawn shops and go that route. The old or classic hip hop and rap is gonna be harder to find on these pools, unless I'm missing something.
teemac111 12:44 PM - 26 April, 2014
Good luck finding Miami Bass like Gigolo and Missy Mist in 320....
DJ VEE 3:37 PM - 26 April, 2014
^ exactly. That's why your best bet is trying to find on cd.
DJ Remy USA 5:26 PM - 27 April, 2014
direct music service aka dms
DJ Remy USA 5:32 PM - 27 April, 2014
you guys are seriously sleeping on DMS but it has everything you want including throw backs
DjBiggz2k14 7:49 AM - 31 May, 2014
Does any one know where i can get top 40 genre from the year 2000 onwards?
tbone8 7:42 AM - 1 June, 2014
DMS
DJWooWee 12:11 AM - 4 July, 2014
Magic! - Rude (Woo Wee Remix)
Facebook.com/DJWooWee

www15.zippyshare.com
DJWooWee 12:12 AM - 4 July, 2014
Magic! - Rude (Woo Wee Remix)
soundcloud.com

www15.zippyshare.com
dj marvelous1 10:14 PM - 6 November, 2014
I know this is an old thread but i really like clubkillers. all the music i need and Latin too! im hesitant to get it because of the $35 monthly. im assuming its a little expensive also because of the Videos you can download. i am not a Vdj so dont need videos. just the Music. can someone recommend a pool like clubkillers selection of music with out the Vids and a little less Money monthly...thanks
DJ Remix Detroit 10:33 PM - 6 November, 2014
Quote:
I know this is an old thread but i really like clubkillers. all the music i need and Latin too! im hesitant to get it because of the $35 monthly. im assuming its a little expensive also because of the Videos you can download. i am not a Vdj so dont need videos. just the Music. can someone recommend a pool like clubkillers selection of music with out the Vids and a little less Money monthly...thanks

If you get the quarterly plan, it will save you $5 a month.

$35 is a damn good price for the quality and selection CK provides.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:47 PM - 6 November, 2014
Quote:

you really think $35 is expensive?! gtfohwyba
dj_ys 2:49 AM - 7 November, 2014
DMS ftw. Between that, Audiomack for new hip-hop and soundcloud for my edm, I'm pretty happy.
Rebelguy 3:52 AM - 7 November, 2014
Quote:

You start out saying you really like clubkillers but then you say you don't want to get it because it's too expensive. How have you been accessing it so far if you don't have a membership?
phonze 3:00 PM - 7 November, 2014
35 bucks is like the low end price for any record pool. If that's CK's unlimited download per month fee, that's pretty amazing. If I played clubs regularly I'd be all over that.
DjHabibi 10:01 AM - 8 November, 2014
You make $100's a night playing the music and don't want to pay $35 a month.... Smh most of us belong to at least two pools just for variety. I find club killers only releases the quality stuff.
geeunot 6:23 PM - 10 November, 2014
I'm part of DJ City, DMS, and CK. You gotta have variety, Haha. Yes, CK is unlimited + includes videos. I don't video mix though. CK is def. top. The Beat Junkies have a new record pool too, haven't tried it yet. Seems promising.
DJ Carlos Diaz 11:48 PM - 25 November, 2014
The best Latin record pool is www.bpmlatino.com

They have the most videos and the best quality of Latin videos. All genres (tropical, regional, reggaeton, pop, rock n espanol, 3ball, cumbias and remixes).

I recommend!
Alex Dreamz 6:25 AM - 15 January, 2015
Thank you all for the kind words. Much love from the Club Killers family.
djruff1 7:29 PM - 13 January, 2018
Quote:
If you have a membership... You know exactly what i mean!!! And if you dont, your missing out... lol Yes the record pool topic has been done to death but this time we have a clear winner!! I think.... haha
djruff1 7:31 PM - 13 January, 2018
how do you get a membership I've tried several times and failed I've registered and logged in and got nothing
DJWooWee 9:16 PM - 13 January, 2018
you have to send them an email
SimoneRainer 5:01 AM - 23 April, 2018
Does anyone know the cost of club killers record pool membership ... it says nothing about the cost on their website
Ollieboy 6:04 AM - 23 April, 2018
Quote:
Does anyone know the cost of club killers record pool membership ... it says nothing about the cost on their website

If you try applying for a membership the price should be listed so you can choose. There's a monthly, qtrly, and yearly option.