Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
travy 6:22 AM - 21 February, 2012
what track is that at 14 seconds in???
DjLive408 7:47 AM - 21 February, 2012
Doppee!!!
Aloysio Neves 8:02 AM - 21 February, 2012
I want to know...Nice sound...
KoRRuPt 8:38 AM - 21 February, 2012
Yeah all House music, no thanks, keep your do-over.
tomlowd 8:55 AM - 21 February, 2012
Quote:
Yeah all House music, no thanks, keep your do-over.

couldn't be more wrong

Watchwww.youtube.com
Mr. Goodkat 9:32 AM - 21 February, 2012
always a hater
Dj Razvy 9:34 AM - 21 February, 2012
Very good Serato, im using Dj Intro 1.05
DJMarvLS 11:03 AM - 21 February, 2012
whats the sound at 0.14??
DJJayceeSteele 2:08 PM - 21 February, 2012
If you are not open to all genre's of music then you truly ARE not a DJ hang it up and find something else to do Korrupt,
LaDjkaoz 4:10 PM - 21 February, 2012
Well said dj jaycee, but we all have different teast, i like a bit of everyrhing on my gigs, too much of one thing can be boring or tiring...my opinion
i wonder how much 2500is. Out of my range. The product is wort but at this time, plus i still dont wanna retire my pioneer djM3000,
techjitsu 4:49 PM - 21 February, 2012
Events like the "Do-Over", Red Bull's Thre3Style, and other mash-up/open format venues are helping to expand DJing and the CULTURE that comes with it. I am just hoping they do more stuff in my backyard [Denver] in the near future!
Dj Lil Big Wil 7:18 PM - 21 February, 2012
just an FYI for the guys that are not open to house music.
To be a great DJ you must be open to all genre's. The more you are open, the more gigs you will get. More gigs, more money. I never stay on one genre unless requested. I hate techno, but I will play it all night if that's what the client wants. I play everything from house to hip hop to soul, disco classic, Reggae, salsa, EVERYTHING, you name it. It's not about what I like, Its about the client and reading the crowd. A real Dj can and will play anything.
Nicely put DJ JayceeSteel
Kenny G 7:57 PM - 21 February, 2012
I`m in to both kinds of music, country and western!
Dj Malân 8:14 PM - 21 February, 2012
What is that funky track throughout the video!?
Dj Lil Big Wil 8:36 PM - 21 February, 2012
lol pretty funny Kenny G....
Eskei83 9:47 PM - 21 February, 2012
Quote:
More gigs, more money. I never stay on one genre unless requested. I hate techno, but I will play it all night if that's what the client wants. I play everything from house to hip hop to soul, disco classic, Reggae, salsa, EVERYTHING, you name it. It's not about what I like, Its about the client and reading the crowd. A real Dj can and will play anything.

lol ... You should name yourself DJ Juke Box

djing is an art, what you talking about is doing a service for a client aka beening a human jukebox.... playing bs
music for money ...

But it's def not what the do-over guys was talking about ...

Don't take it personal.
deejdave 9:49 PM - 21 February, 2012
Quote:
To be a great DJ you must be open to all genre's. The more you are open, the more gigs you will get. More gigs, more money. I never stay on one genre unless requested. I hate techno, but I will play it all night if that's what the client wants. I play everything from house to hip hop to soul, disco classic, Reggae, salsa, EVERYTHING, you name it. It's not about what I like, Its about the client and reading the crowd. A real Dj can and will play anything.

This applies ONLY if you are in it for the money ONLY. I try to keep it open and DO accommodate to the aura/requests but there is no denying that if given the choice (like the guys above in the vid were I will play my style of music all day. If you are in it for the passion it really does not matter what the client wants and how much they are paying you if you are miserable. Your misery will show in your mix. To each his own, just do what works for you.
Zarin 10:23 PM - 21 February, 2012
Tune is DJ Day - Beta (Recloose Edit)
DjLive408 11:59 PM - 21 February, 2012
I love all kinds of music!!!
mixxinmel 12:11 AM - 22 February, 2012
its like this folks, being a DJ is to stay focused to your craft, some djs cant scratch but can rock a party with their mixes which im sure they are MIXING "heed the word" all diferent genre's of music.. I will go from Techno to Country to Hip Hop as long as ive got the crowd ta movin!!! And Ive Done That!!!!!!
machetemusic 1:12 AM - 22 February, 2012
I love the responses to the open format programming. If you are a DJ and can't play more than one genre, than you are limiting yourself and your audience.
Dj Lil Big Wil 1:58 AM - 22 February, 2012
deejdave you seem to have taken my post personal. It was just some advise to be more open. Im not into it just for the money, But who Dj's for free (except the one's not good enough to make a living doing so). I learned how to Dj at the early age of 12. I am now 44. So I would say I have been into it since the early days of disco and still going strong. Is that not passion ?
You said " If you are in it for the passion it doesn't matter what the client wants" Woooo.
So if you were hired to play in a club that caters to the Hip Hop, R&B & Reggae crowd you would still play techno? I would hate to see how that turns out, good luck with that. As far as being miserable, you just contradicted yourself, If you love the art/craft it shouldn't matter what type of music your playing and your sole purpose should be to move the crowd.That should be the passion not what type of music you are playing.
Dj Lil Big Wil 3:22 AM - 22 February, 2012
Eskei83. I should call myself Dj Jukebox, LMFAO. pretty funny. I seem to have insulted people just for saying "being more open to different genre's will get you more gigs" & " More gigs, more money". Im a little confused, Should I stop asking to get paid for my "services". And why does playing more than one genre mean I play BS music. Again Im confused (not really). lol.
I never even mentioned the Do Over Guys, So I dont know what you are talking about. I dont hate I congratulate, I wish I was out there in new zealand partying with them. Big up's and much respect to them. Besides I have 32 years in the game, No need for me to hate, nor do I need to prove myself. And dont worry I dont take anything personal from people that dont know me.
Eddie Cutlass 5:03 AM - 22 February, 2012
Shazam the tune....or start working harder lol....
-play what you love...enjoy life
travy 6:25 AM - 22 February, 2012
it doesnt come up in shazam, its j rocc - step right up

but i cant find it anywhere
dj_soo 11:05 AM - 22 February, 2012
Two of my favorite djs...
D.J. STAN THE MAN 2:33 PM - 22 February, 2012
Djing is an art in any genre. And if you limit yourself to just one genre you are limiting the artistry of what we do as dj's, but to each his own....
JCRUZ 7:44 PM - 22 February, 2012
Quote:
Events like the "Do-Over", Red Bull's Thre3Style, and other mash-up/open format venues are helping to expand DJing and the CULTURE that comes with it. I am just hoping they do more stuff in my backyard [Denver] in the near future!

Techjitsu knows wats up!!!!

The do over is like one of the biggest block parties feat djs like Dj Quik and Jazzy Jeff. Not all house, look it up on youtube....

This topic got way off, as for playing for clients play what they want with your own twist, you should also be able to crowd read. If you just want to make money ummm, you will forget why you even purchased you decks for.

Back to the topic The Do Over the best thing since slice bread! How many chances do you get to ever just look over the shoulder of your fav DJ! When I first watched it I ended up landing on Paul Dateh and inka one, a DJ with a Violinist!! How sick is that....

So the Do Over, not all house and all Art!!!

Being Islander, cant wait to see what they do in the South Pac!!!
dj_soo 11:42 PM - 22 February, 2012
the do-over is awesome - went to the one in brooklyn last year as well as one in portland - some of the best parties i've ever been to...
KoRRuPt 6:49 AM - 23 February, 2012
Calling me hater and bashing me for my opinion? Pretty fucking hypocritical. I dislike house, but i don't fucking force any of you to listen to shit that you don't like, so shut the fuck up! I dj the genre i'm passionate for, i'm not a fucking sellout for a genre just to make money from it or be so called open minded just because it's a genre YOU like!
KoRRuPt 6:52 AM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:
If you are not open to all genre's of music then you truly ARE not a DJ hang it up and find something else to do Korrupt,

I'm open to most, everyone's different, you on the other hand are a shit inspiration to any DJ's out there, i enjoy what i mix, i don't need you or any other cunt in here telling me what do with my life.
KoRRuPt 6:54 AM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:
always a hater

It's called an opinion, genius.
KoRRuPt 7:09 AM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:

You're a fucking idiot! You start off referring to house music and then you change the whole subject to being open minded to ALL genres WTF? Example, do you hear DJ Tiesto mixing drum & bass in his performances? No, he's known for being a trance DJ, and his passion is trance! Yea he plays some other genres too, but he doesn't mix what the "client" wants, he mixes music he LIKES! Unlike you! In fact if DJ Tiesto were to take your advice and switch to these multiple genres a lot of his fan base would lose interest in him because of the high demand of his work in the trance genre only, thus losing money, you fucking genius. And i totally agree with the jukebox comment made towards you, you'd sell your soul for a quick buck in a gig of required music that you dislike! It's people like you that give dj's a bad name, you can't define yourself, you're like a slave to the industry.
dj_soo 9:05 AM - 23 February, 2012
the funniest thing is that J-rocc and DJ Day are most definitely not house djs even if they play some house...
DjKemix 7:12 PM - 23 February, 2012
Props to J-Rocc & the rest of the Beat Junkies for their 20 Years+ in the game doing right by any means on two turntables. Recognize Represent Respect! CA......ALL DAY!
djflacoflash 8:26 PM - 23 February, 2012
Very Dope
Double-0-zerO 9:44 PM - 23 February, 2012
lolz at all the arguing! =D keep it peaceful people, its just music. love, peace and afro grease. ha
deejdave 10:07 PM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:
deejdave you seem to have taken my post personal. It was just some advise to be more open. Im not into it just for the money, But who Dj's for free (except the one's not good enough to make a living doing so). I learned how to Dj at the early age of 12. I am now 44. So I would say I have been into it since the early days of disco and still going strong. Is that not passion ?
You said " If you are in it for the passion it doesn't matter what the client wants" Woooo.
So if you were hired to play in a club that caters to the Hip Hop, R&B & Reggae crowd you would still play techno? I would hate to see how that turns out, good luck with that. As far as being miserable, you just contradicted yourself, If you love the art/craft it shouldn't matter what type of music your playing and your sole purpose should be to move the crowd.That should be the passion not what type of music you are playing.

@ Dj Lil Big Wil Nowhere in your babble did you leave room for the passion I speak of. I very often DJ for free although I have a legit business. I am not contradicting myself at any point. DJing for your friends would be free and that is all passion, making a mix on soundcloud or a podcast is free and that is all passion, Your entire standpoint seems to be from a very business and monetary standpoint. If your passion is money than yes I completely believe you and understand where you are coming from but I'm talking about the passion for music specifically your music. DJing often ties hand in hand with producing and from a dj/producer standpoint I will make it a point to be be in the venues/situations where the music I love flies and is loved by my audience. I am guessing you are a mobile DJ only where the law of the land is laid before you but you are forgetting the other areas of the craft. I have a following and they started following for a reason. Bottom line would you DJ a party where you are forced to play opera just because they are paying? Do you have an interest in opera? If you done have a REAL interest in opera your lack of interest will reflect in your performance anyway. Just my opinion.
Dj Lil Big Wil 3:26 AM - 24 February, 2012
Alright guys, Enough is Enough. Cant we all just get along.... I wasn't trying to disrespect anyone or say my way is the best way or the only way. It was just an opinion. Iv'e never in my 32 years as a Dj ever had an argument about it. There is no right or wrong, Its all about what makes you happy. I choose to play all genre's because I love all kinds of music. I never made a big statement saying money is everything and I have done hundreds of free parties for friends and family. Its pretty funny that the two guys that were getting at me, wasn't even the one that I was trying to say "be more open" too. I have a shit load of Dj friends and we all support each other no matter who's playing what or where. We should all support each other, we all share the same love of the art/craft.
So with that being said, I will no long take part of this angry and childish discussion.

Dj Korrupt, I wasn't trying to put you down. My post wasn't directed directly at you. Why so much anger ????
deejdave, I feel your PASSION.....
Eskei83, I don't know why you felt the need to call me DJ juke Box. But I did find it funny.

Now lets all have a great big DJ hug for all. Anger and Music don't walk hand and hand.
deejdave 4:07 AM - 24 February, 2012
LOL true
Dj Lil Big Wil 4:28 AM - 24 February, 2012
When the needle drops, all the bullshit stops...
Dj Chris Roxstar 3:23 AM - 28 February, 2012
The Do-Over is about uniting everyone together under one roof.. George Clinton said that best..ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE... I am only speaking for myself when i say this...We as DEEJAYS need to stop hating on each other and work together on all aspects of deejaying.. We are part of the problem with ALL THIS HATING GOING ON... I HAVE DONE IT AS WELL, SO I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS..JUST STATING THE FACTS.. I have been in this industry since 1992 and I am still going strong, even when people aren't booking me all the time.. I still do mash-ups/remixes and alot of deejays out there are playing my stuff.. I LOVE WHAT I DO AND I WILL CONTINUE DOING WHAT I LOVE TO DO.. It would be an HONOR for me to play at a DO-Over Party at some time...THANKS FOR SHARING THIS VIDEO WITH US.. WWW.DJCHRISROXSTAR.COM .
dj_soo 5:50 AM - 28 February, 2012
one of my personal goals is to play at a do-over sometime next year...
DJ_Simple 5:11 AM - 1 March, 2012
It's crazy to see that even DJs have a hard time distinguishing what it is to be a DJ. Check out this blog I wrote if you want some perspective on things. djsimple.com The point of being a DJ is to play music that you enjoy for other people to enjoy as well, bottom line! What kind of music you choose to play is on you and that's the beauty of being a DJ, you have to freedom to choose what to play. Now wether you're a good DJ or a bad DJ depends on what type of DJ you're aspiring to be now doesn't it. Everyone has an opinion and the only one that should matter most is your own but don't ignore constructive criticism and maybe one day you too will be playing huge parties like the Do-Over or whatever type of party you aspire to play. Peace everyone and Keep It Simple!
dJ_sIK 6:16 PM - 1 March, 2012
djing is all about keeping the crowd with there hands up and keeping the honeys movin. doesnt matter what type of music it is, just has to sound good with some cool dj tricks here and there, and your gold... trust me...
Academic Aristocrat 6:45 PM - 5 March, 2012
Great video!

Just a small thought about anger in forums, if I may.

Hate usually comes from Fear , which most likely happens in the absence of Education.
Education brings understanding, which shines light directly onto the source of Fear, thus Fear disappears, taking with it it´s ugly and useless relative, Hate. Hateful comments like KoRRuPt´s only prove the fact that entropy truly exists everywhere, even in great online communities like this one, where we are supposed to be talking about something fun and positive like the art of DJing.
Academic Aristocrat 8:05 PM - 5 March, 2012
"Research shows that the wealthier, more educated, and healthier a nation, the less violence and civil unrest among its populace, and the less likely that unrest will spread across its borders." - Peter Diamandis, from his amazing new book, Abundance. You can read the first chapter for free, its very inspirational.
Lawrence 11:03 AM - 11 March, 2012
Its funny ....but I have never seen any of the top 50 even 100 dj's from around the world getting on this forum rubbishing any gig because its not what they play. I respect and support any Dj who gets up there,,,, good or bad (it reminds me when I started Djing 10years ago after previously playing in bands), no matter what genre they play. Come to think of it I have never come across an industry that has so many upstarts goin around with their heads stuck up their a's. Anyway, play what you enjoy and let others enjoy what they play! cheers
dJ_sIK 8:27 AM - 5 May, 2012
a do-over gig would be a dream come true, id have honeys throwin panties at me n everything!
dJ_sIK 5:09 AM - 24 May, 2012
academic idiot lol wow
Kool DJ Hakiim 6:04 PM - 29 September, 2012
Wow! I haven't checked out the video yet, but the comments really makes me want to see it now. I've been spinnin since '87 so I've had to play different genres of music because it has helped me to evolve as a DJ. My advice: keep your ears to the streets and play like its your last performance. A DJ is like a historian/professor (for the old skool lovers of music), a genius (for those who would love to do what you do, but they can't), and for some if he or she is really good at it (deejaying) will allows have the respect and admiration of others. Just wanted to add my two cents - respect and love to those who love our art and help to keep it going. Peace!
Kool DJ Hakiim 6:05 PM - 29 September, 2012
"will always have"