DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Don't ever do business with 123DJ.com - take my word for it.

DJ PAYCE 11:51 PM - 28 November, 2007
Any of you who ever go on this website probably saw the wicked deal they had for their "open box" TTM-56, 639$ + shipping.

Before ordering I called up Rane and asked them if they were an authorized dealer, they are. I reach them by phone the same day to make my order. Before giving out my credit card number, I clearly ask the guy if the mixer is in stock. He says "I just checked, it's ready to ship". He then tells me my UPS reference number will be my phone number, I then ask him to e-mail me a receipt of the transaction, he says there's no need for that because I ordered by phone. (yeah, ok) Before I get a chance to say good bye, the guy who sounded rather depressed already hung up on me.

That sh!t set me off, sometimes you just have a gut feeling the people you dealt with are gonna scam you, this was one of them. Like a total idiot, I google
"123DJ.COM BBB" right *after* hanging up to see that they have the lowest customer satisfaction rating and tons of complaints for items not received or sent.

Two days later, my mixer's not shipped, and my credit card charge appears on my online statement (takes 2 days to show up). I call and this girl, Kathy, tells me it takes a bit more than 48 hours for the item to ship and that I shouldn't worry everything's in order with the shipping department.

4 days after ordering, I call again and get forwarded to the "shipping department". They take my phone number and put me on hold for a good 15 minutes before picking up again and telling me my mixer is not shipped. I told the guy to put me on with the manager, Neal Elkyan.

Mr Elkyan then tells me that he's totally sorry for the wait and that my order will ship on the 5th day after I ordered, which is tomorrow. He also tells me that I will get a new, in box, mixer because they don't have any more open box 56's.

The 6th day I call them up again and find out my mixer is backordered - I ask them right away why they charged my credit card right away if they didnt have the product - the rep hung up on me right away.

12 days after I go nuts, after being lied to daily I finally ask for a refund. Neil asks me my phone number I give him the 4 first digits, he stops me and says oh nevermind I have it. Your credit will appear in 48 hours. It's been more than 2 weeks and I still haven't received my credit, and that's after calling them everyday again and being told the credit was processed the day before, and that - every single day. Thank god I set up a very nice case and brought it straight to my bank's Visa services for a chargeback.

Don't be dumb like me, don't give those scam artists your hard earned dough. Use their page to pricematch and that's it.

I don't understand how Rane officially sell their products through such bad people - I hope this gets seen/forwarded by the right people at Rane.
matt212 12:04 AM - 29 November, 2007
You should have came here first and asked about them. They are already on the shit list.
www.scratchlive.net
www.scratchlive.net
Julls 12:19 AM - 29 November, 2007
Quote:
You should have came here first and asked about them. They are already on the shit list.
www.scratchlive.net
www.scratchlive.net

+1
DJ Prinvale` 12:54 AM - 29 November, 2007
werd, this is common knowledge on the SSL forums. Sorry to hear about your problem though. Especially since you were trying to get a rane product.
DJ Nevoc 2:00 AM - 29 November, 2007
Payce dude. I understand your frustration. Use Melinda Ext 8125 @ pssl.com Don't talk to anyone else @ Pssl most of them are new, but Melinda has taken care of me numerous times and always beats anyones price!!!

As far as the CC call your CC company and file a fraud claim on it.
G-L0GIX 11:08 PM - 29 November, 2007
Yeah i heard they suck!! Hey Man thats Y you Should get in Really good w/ the manager at your local G-tar center and purchase a brand new 56 like i did for $560 out the door and was mixin on it that same night!! I will not buy anything else from anywhere else when it comes to music gear.
DJ Overpour 11:33 PM - 29 November, 2007
Yeah, $639 isnt that good of a deal. You can find an online special and then go to Guitar Center and make them match it and eat the tax for less than that.
Dj in Miami 6:54 PM - 18 July, 2014
About 123DJ

I totally agree about the awful, horrible, disrespectful and fraudulent service offered by www.123dj.com

For some months ago I bought a microphone mount for $10.00 and I never received neither the mount nor the money back, but I didn't give much importance because I was very busy with other work efforts.

Now in may 2014 I bought an AKG Wireless Microphone Set and one of the microphones was not working properly. From this moment I start to live an ordeal. I contacted 123DJ regarding this situation and it took more than one week to get an e-mail with an authorization number to return the product for an exchange. When I sent the Mic Set by USPS, the postman couldn't deliver it because "there were any authorized person to receive the package", for that reason my package was almost 20 days at the Post Office in Ilinois to be picked up and they never did. Even when the postman left a notification about to pick up the package at the Post Office and even when I called several times to them to advise about the situation.... And even more when I had talked personally with Nils, the supposed owner of the business.

My best advice: NEVER BUY AT WWW.123DJ.COM .... If You don't want to waste your money and your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just make a Search at Google and you will easy find many reviews of defrauded customers.
Johnnynights 3:43 AM - 19 July, 2014
One time i bought some cables with them and they took a month to send them are you kidding me lol?

I have heard horrible stories from them i dont recommend them also.
4mydawgz 5:25 AM - 19 July, 2014
something about their site just never made me want to order from them. and their prices always seemed suspect. like why is everyone else charging $499, and yall charging $399.
Laz219 9:07 AM - 19 July, 2014
Should have checked here first:
www.resellerratings.com
djransom 6:05 PM - 19 July, 2014
Never had any issues with them, but then again I live in Chicago so I go to their actual store. I usually only use them for price matching at GC honestly.
DJ Irv 7:12 PM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
Any of you who ever go on this website probably saw the wicked deal they had for their "open box" TTM-56, 639$ + shipping.

Not a great deal and the mixer is kind of dated now a days although still super reliable and a workhorse.
Laz219 7:22 PM - 19 July, 2014
Probably should have realised this is an ancient thread, but I guess is still valid.
DJ Remix Detroit 8:13 PM - 19 July, 2014
from the review website:

"Thanks to 123dj.com, I got everything I need on time. I have read all of the bad reviews, but that was well over 2 years ago, almost all of them. I got a free pair of headphones and a free case with my package and I didn’t even know it came with it!!! I love these guys. They are by far THE CHEAPEST ON THE NET!! If you read these posts and are determined not to order because of bad reviews you need to look at the: dates well over 2 years ago. They are awesome. Freaking awesome.
-adam7"

lmao...sounds like somone from the company posted a fake review to try and clean up their own mess
Laz219 11:26 PM - 20 July, 2014
Yeah,
If you check the account it was created the same day the review was written, then never accessed again after reviewing only 123DJ.
Reseller ratings is usually pretty accurate and cover most websites.
Elite Entertainment of the Carolinas 11:27 AM - 6 August, 2014
I made the mistake of buying for 123dj.com and wish I never had. When the products got here, the wireless mic system did not work at all. I sent them a email and called and never got a answer. I bought a lazer light and in the ad it said make sure you buy a caring case. I clicked on the case and when it came, it would not even hold the lazer light let alone the power pack. I contacted them and no answer.
Also on the bottom of the invoice I received with the products, it says all sales final. No refunds.
BEWARE THEY ARE A RIP OFF.
DJ Remix Detroit 11:34 AM - 6 August, 2014
You guys can call you credit card company and dispute the charges, the CC company will snatch the funds back from them and refund you your money.
XCAKID 1:30 PM - 6 August, 2014
Been ordering from them, here and there, for the past 2yrs. now without a hiccup.
mikep 4:41 AM - 11 August, 2014
I made a thread on this a while ago when they substituted a light I ordered with a cheaper one and replied they would refund the difference but then stopped responding. The CC company refunded the difference to me.
DJGrid 8:13 PM - 11 February, 2016
So i ordered from them and everything i got is in great condition im pasting my yelp review i heard alot of bad things about them but i can say it paid off.

Ok where do i start? So i was searching online for some good priced speakers to add to my dj setup and i came on to this site I was shocked to see how low priced they are so i ordered the Blackmore BJS 151s value pack for $349.99. So as i was excited like every dj is when something new comes in and i started doing research on this company. Turns out they have absloutely terrible reviews all over the internet. I started to get really worried. It took them 5days to ship which felt like forever but once they did they were here within 5 days. so it took 10 days total for my package to arrive i just picked them up today i opened the box and they are both brand new and in perfect condition. They sound amazing with a solid amount of bass and clear sound. One thing i could warn you about is that the picture to this value pack shows that it comes with XLR cables but they actually sent me 2 rca cables which was not what i was expecting but i needed those cables anyways so i guess its a win win... i can honestly say i will order from them again.
DJ B.D.I.T. 6:03 PM - 15 July, 2016
Wow, wish I would've seen this website before as now I know, DO NOT ORDER from this place. I ordered a mixer and never received it BUT, was definitely charged. I called and apparently they don't have it in stock and suddenly "plan to take it off our website." I spent over 20 mins on hold just to get an answer and only did so AFTER I hung up and called again. This place is a fraud, DO NOT ORDER FROM THEN AT ALL, they are here to take your money. Thankfully credit card companies do fight on your behalf but, for the person who lets things go, they are out there looking for you to shop with them.