DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

NYE : How much are you charging?

DJ-Apocalypse 9:54 PM - 28 November, 2007
Let's hear it.

What are you guys charging for NYE?

Please share your reasons for your price.
What do you normally charge? For non-NYE gigs.
If it's at your normal residency venue, how much more (exponentially) are you getting paid?
DJ-Apocalypse 9:55 PM - 28 November, 2007
Furthermore, if this has happened to you, have you been undercut by a cheaper DJ for NYE?
DJ Jonasty 10:58 PM - 28 November, 2007
$1,500 but I'm bringing a 5 speaker system and decks and shit.
Audio1 12:11 AM - 29 November, 2007
A true professional DJ will not discuss numbers. They will just make sure they are getting paid above the norm and that they are being taken care of properly for the occasion.
HittinSkinzTa2 12:17 AM - 29 November, 2007
Quote:
A true professional DJ will not discuss numbers. They will just make sure they are getting paid above the norm and that they are being taken care of properly for the occasion.

I'm actually in the midst of negotiating a price for an out-of-state event.
As of right now, my "inside source" says it essentially will come down to who charges the least.
Should know by next week.
Audio1 12:59 AM - 29 November, 2007
SAME HERE. Negotiation underway. The best deal gets me... I at least wont turn off the music If I dont get a bottle. LOL
Logisticalstyles 1:32 AM - 29 November, 2007
Half of the door.
DJ Nevoc 2:06 AM - 29 November, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

I'm actually in the midst of negotiating a price for an out-of-state event.
As of right now, my "inside source" says it essentially will come down to who charges the least.
Should know by next week.

I understand a bidding battle is arise, but charge what you think is reasonable.
dj_soo 2:23 AM - 29 November, 2007
double the usual rate is a good start
Dudley D 6:39 AM - 29 November, 2007
double is pretty fair for a residency.

so ill be making $64.36

jk.

If its someone...or place that doesnt usually do music on NYE i.e. big huge hotel party or what not and you are the ONLY DJ i would look @ the ticket price and base it off of that.

it also depeds on how good you hustle is or how well you will attract people to a place that does/doesnt usually have a DJ.

are you drawing people to there spot? or is the place going to fill up regardless.
DJ Evil One 7:12 AM - 29 November, 2007
DJ Greg J 5:45 PM - 29 November, 2007
$4.09 + gratuity & a ham sandwich.
djransom 6:08 PM - 29 November, 2007
I got a call the other nite to do a crazy event NYE from a good friend of mine. They asked me to do the entire nite. These cats got dough and I don't have to discuss my payment with them becuz we understand the business side of this.
DJ Lil Vito 6:19 PM - 29 November, 2007
Double my normal at my three-year residency. I'd normally charge even more - but these guys are good to me.
The Real DJ Maestro 7:15 PM - 29 November, 2007
1500 and thats cuz i'm they resident dj and we just doing something on location for this one night.