DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ kills patron after an altercation due to a request

dj_soo 8:42 AM - 17 February, 2012
dj shadow from detroit 9:12 AM - 17 February, 2012
damn . i have felt like doing that... lol never would but this guy had the juice. ha
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:36 PM - 17 February, 2012
Im not sayin its right..just sayin I understand
djpuma_gemini 3:53 PM - 17 February, 2012
At least he didn't shoot him in the club just for asking.
maybe he shouldn't have tried to get him to play his cd
DjManny09 4:05 PM - 17 February, 2012
Yeaahhh... dont fuck the DJ !!! Lol
Logisticalstyles 4:15 PM - 17 February, 2012
I live about 3 miles up the street from that club. It's a hole in the wall club and I THINK it's a semi-nude bar. There's always something going on in that part of town.
Esco... 4:20 PM - 17 February, 2012
Quote:
I live about 3 miles up the street from that club. It's a hole in the wall club and I THINK it's a semi-nude bar. There's always something going on in that part of town.

You're in Atlanta man? I just moved to GA Tech. I'm trying to find some places to play out in downtown.
Free Man 4:25 PM - 17 February, 2012
Quote:

Snap a pic next time you drive by... interesting to see a place that I dont want to dj at...
Logisticalstyles 4:32 PM - 17 February, 2012
Yeah, I'm in Atlanta. I haven't had a downtown spot in about 3 years. Since then I've done a few bars in downtown Decatur and East Atlanta. Those crowds are much better and there's less drama.
Logisticalstyles 4:35 PM - 17 February, 2012
I'll do that freeman, but until then...
www.thrillist.com
Esco... 5:24 PM - 17 February, 2012
Quote:
Yeah, I'm in Atlanta. I haven't had a downtown spot in about 3 years. Since then I've done a few bars in downtown Decatur and East Atlanta. Those crowds are much better and there's less drama.

Any advice you can give to an up and coming DJ?
Kool DJ Sheak One 5:51 PM - 17 February, 2012
DJ Outlaw won't have to change his name!
Kool DJ Sheak One 5:55 PM - 17 February, 2012
I usually just squish peoples heads with my fingers as they walk away.
Almost as satisfying!
Rebelguy 5:56 PM - 17 February, 2012
Quote:
Almost as satisfying!

+1

For the really annoying people I try to watch when they are leaving the club and then drop their request.
Mike_P 6:08 PM - 17 February, 2012
Quote:
Almost as satisfying!

HAHAHA! A good squishy head is always gratifying.
djpuma_gemini 6:24 PM - 17 February, 2012
I don't mind requests unless it's really obscure of the drunk dumbass who wants to hear drake at 10PM.
DJBRIANM 6:49 PM - 17 February, 2012
That's how you put someone on blast!
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:41 PM - 17 February, 2012
Im taking a screen shot and using this as an ampient on my video moniters
Mike_P 7:51 PM - 17 February, 2012
in all fairness, it sounds like the DJ gave the standard "no" to the guy inside the club when he asked if the DJ could play his CD. THEN the disgruntled patron tried to catch the DJ slippin in the parking lot cause HE was pissed about not getting on. Big mistake on disgruntled patron's part! Shoulda known with a name like DJ Outlaw. Lol
Logisticalstyles 8:02 PM - 17 February, 2012
Yeah, that's what the local paper says as well. I also read that the disgruntled patron was a former employee of the club.

I've met this DJ before and he never came off as an asshole. He did hang with the thugs though. I met him when I was working with a local 'rap label' and most of them are now in jail or missing in action. My wife was so glad when I cut ties with them.
dj poisonous handz 8:53 PM - 17 February, 2012
you want stupid hoe? now take that stupid hoe!
DJ'Que 9:50 PM - 17 February, 2012
looks like they need a new dj. gotta be hard tho.
DJ Tecniq 10:14 PM - 17 February, 2012
Quote:
yikes

www.inthemix.com.au
this is what happens when you request the cupid shuffle.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:49 PM - 17 February, 2012
To the left to the left to the left now...BANG BANG BANG BANG.....to the.hospital to the hospital to the hospital
RichardM3317 11:11 PM - 17 February, 2012
I've been a DJ for years but what gun is best for gigs the I was thinking glock-62 but its kinda expensive I'm still noob at shooting people
DJBIGWIZ 11:21 PM - 17 February, 2012
Quote:
To the left to the left to the left now...BANG BANG BANG BANG.....to the.hospital to the hospital to the hospital

Quote:
I've been a DJ for years but what gun is best for gigs the I was thinking glock-62 but its kinda expensive I'm still noob at shooting people

hahaha
Esco... 11:40 PM - 17 February, 2012
Quote:

I don't think a glock 62 exists. the 26s are nice, compact, 10 rounds + 1 in the chamber. 9mm. Go for the easy conceal ones if you're really considering it.
DJ Soup 12:08 AM - 18 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think a glock 62 exists. the 26s are nice, compact, 10 rounds + 1 in the chamber. 9mm. Go for the easy conceal ones if you're really considering it.

...but will it support Mix Emergency... hahaha
Audio1 12:36 AM - 18 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Almost as satisfying!

+1

For the really annoying people I try to watch when they are leaving the club and then drop their request.
+1
Audio1 12:49 AM - 18 February, 2012
DJ Tecniq 1:09 AM - 18 February, 2012
Quote:
down down..doo yo dance do yo...BANG BANG BANG! *falls to the floor*
Papa Midnight 6:54 AM - 18 February, 2012
Quote:
Im not sayin its right..just sayin I understand

www.hark.com <-- Someone's been watching or listening to some classic Chris Rock.
DJ'Que 10:42 AM - 18 February, 2012
Play my cd fool. No
Nigga im bigger than you, so whatcha gonna do.

Didnt know he had a 22 straight sitting behind his back
Then I heard six caps

I fell to the ground with blood on my hands
I didnt understand

How a dj so young could bust a cap
All I want him to do was play my new rap

I guess thats what I get for running up on him for a request.

Lil ghetto boy playing in these ghetto streets.
West west
Free Man 8:46 PM - 19 February, 2012
I think gis situation is pretty messed up... but I was shot at a few years back. I had all of my heat in the back of my truch. Stopped to put it in a storage unit I was renting. Someone had broke into it ant ripped the locking device off the door. I was about to get back in my truck and someone came around the corner. Pop pop pop started shooting at me. Heard bullets going to the left,right and above my head. Lucky to be alive and with no scars from bullets. I do wish I had a gun that night. I assume it is harder to aim at someone when they are shooting back...
dj_craigmac 9:06 PM - 19 February, 2012
Quote:

my .380 fits in my dj bag and /or in my inside jacket pocket. I've always gotten by security with it for the last 5 years
Mike_P 12:55 AM - 20 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

my .380 fits in my dj bag and /or in my inside jacket pocket. I've always gotten by security with it for the last 5 years

note to self...don't request song from Craigmac.
dj_craigmac 1:28 AM - 20 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

note to self...don't request song from Craigmac.

LOL... I wouldn't harm a fly
DJ Unique 1:30 AM - 20 February, 2012
Quote:
LOL... I wouldn't harm a fly

Unless if that stupid fly was trying to land on your food.
O.B.1 5:44 AM - 20 February, 2012
not supposed to bring guns in bars in my state (WA) but it happens all the time :/