Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Serato Scratch Live and Serato DJ Intro and Whitelabel.net

DJ Patrick Scientific 3:21 AM - 10 February, 2012
I have Serato DJ Scratch Live and am a member of Whitelabel.net. As a DJ getting new equipment is necessary and controllers allow you to do a lot of things. However, they are not cheap at all. I got a Numark Mixdeck Express since it supports CDs, flash drives and software which I use when I'm at certain gigs. Question: Would it be possible in the future to allow those DJs that have controllers that don't support Serato Itch but own Serato Scratch to play whitelabel.net files in Serato DJ Intro if you could still just connect the box to your computer so Intro sees that it is there. If I did not have Serato Scratch live this would be a mute point but surely there should be some additional benefit for actually having it. Kind Regards. Patrick.
phatbob 3:02 PM - 10 February, 2012
Do you really play that many files from Whitelabel to make this worth bothering with?

Really?
DJ Patrick Scientific 3:25 PM - 10 February, 2012
Phatbob: The answer to both is yes. That's why I posed the question. If I'm at a gig where I have my controller then I'd like to play the songs.
pdidy 4:13 PM - 10 February, 2012
naa this will never happen, you need to buy an itch controller.
phatbob 10:36 AM - 11 February, 2012
As you are clearly an edge case, this has got to be incredibly unlikely to be implemented.

If there are no Itch controllers which do what you want, I'd suggest you buy all the tracks from Whitelabel that you play regularly from iTunes or Amazon. Apart from the latest stuff they should all be on general release by now.
djbeatbanga 4:17 PM - 13 February, 2012
I would like to know why Whitelabel isnt supported in Dj Intro?
phatbob 4:29 PM - 13 February, 2012
Because labels give their tracks to Whitelabel as a promotional tool, so DJs will play them and promote the tracks.

DJ Intro is not designed to be used by working DJs in a professional context.

Itch and Scratch Live are designed for that use.