DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

solved the Issue of Novation Dicers on the Stanton st-150 turntable

djbuggy 5:21 PM - 8 February, 2012
well since the turntable has an extra start stop button where the dicer should be placed, ive been reading people gluing pennies under the dicers or something very cheap to lift it off the start/stop button. so i went and got a piece of thin wood and traced the dicer, cut out the template and drilled a 1 1/2 hole so the button sits inside it and the dicer can now be placed in that same spot. i can paint the wood to match turntable or black. just get double sided tape and tape down the piece of wood to the turntable and the dicer to the wood. It works perfect!!!! problem solved!!!
Dj JesC 8:07 PM - 8 February, 2012
pix, youtube, something for the other cats trying to fix this?
djbuggy 9:10 PM - 8 February, 2012
can i post a link on here or pics?
CMOS 9:22 PM - 8 February, 2012
You can post links, cant attach pics, you will have to upload them somewhere first like www.imageshack.us
djbuggy 9:44 PM - 8 February, 2012
djbuggy 9:46 PM - 8 February, 2012
i will paint them black to match the dicers
RogerRabbit 5:46 AM - 9 February, 2012
Man you should get these copyrighted, molded with a cheap material and sell them..
radikarl 9:00 AM - 9 February, 2012
DiceRiser

make some for Numark TTX and Vestax 2000/3000s as well.
actually Novation should do that and sell those as available accessories.
Especially since Technics 1200s are discontinued
djblkice 3:48 AM - 29 March, 2012
brilliant idea i have a pair of st 150's as well so now i can purchase the dicers and make it work thanks alot.
4Ldesigns 4:22 AM - 9 May, 2012
Looks much better than my solution... I used beer bottle lids and blu-tack! Ha!
Dax 3:43 PM - 9 May, 2012
Quote:
DiceRiser

make some for Numark TTX and Vestax 2000/3000s as well.
actually Novation should do that and sell those as available accessories.
Especially since Technics 1200s are discontinued

you dont need a dice riser for the 2000,fits fine,i just took off the dicer rubber feet then filled the holes with the black sticky stuff that came with them so they dont move.
radikarl 6:30 AM - 10 May, 2012
i know, i got 2000s as well.

but i like keeping the puck attached to the dicers, to conveniently take them off and move them somewhere else, i.e to my 1200s

which is why a DiceRiser thing would be good on the vestax turntables too.
djbuggy 6:37 PM - 16 May, 2012
i have many made if you email me
djbuggy 6:40 PM - 16 May, 2012
ive painted them black and attached the velcro to both sides. for your dices all you do u stick the velcro to the turntable and the dicer and BAM!!!! its done. ive also stuck velcro to my CDJ 900s and now i can take them with the turntables or cdjs.
DJ Remy USA 6:53 PM - 16 May, 2012
i made risers for my dicers using cardboard from a box. I traced out the dicers cut a circle in the middle then mounted according
djnonstopla323 7:40 AM - 13 July, 2012
I actually did it the same but instead of the wood I use Styrofoam is cheap but it works. then I just put tape all around the Styrofoam...the cardboard worked but then it just got smashed so the Styrofoam is a good alternative. The wood method is the best but don't have the tools to do it
djbuggy 12:09 AM - 19 July, 2012
i have some molds being made now. they will be made out of high quality plastic.
djnonstopla323 12:22 AM - 19 July, 2012
Will you sell them
djbuggy 12:47 AM - 19 July, 2012
Yup. When ther are completed I will post again and let everyone know
djnonstopla323 7:54 AM - 19 July, 2012
cool thanks bro
dohreimee 11:18 AM - 21 November, 2012
how u goin with the production djbuggy?
djbuggy 12:37 AM - 22 November, 2012
slow. i have them made out of wood for now. but im still working on getting them out of hard plastic. working on prototype molds now.
PorkyG 10:10 PM - 6 January, 2013
I made mine out of foam boards but would still buy the plastic mold since it would look slicker.
iNBiTuiN 5:29 PM - 7 January, 2013
Just open the STR8-150s and take out that extra start/stop button. Wont take 10 minutes to accomplish.
PorkyG 8:12 PM - 7 January, 2013
Quote:
Just open the STR8-150s and take out that extra start/stop button. Wont take 10 minutes to accomplish.

That's an option but not for me, it would kill me knowing their is an ugly hole hiding where no one can see it. Just a pet peeve. LOL
RNSE-NM 6:19 AM - 31 January, 2013
Quote:
slow. i have them made out of wood for now. but im still working on getting them out of hard plastic. working on prototype molds now.

I just came across this and think your idea us brilliant. Wondering how your production is going? Any for sale yet?
djbuggy 7:23 PM - 4 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I just came across this and think your idea us brilliant. Wondering how your production is going? Any for sale yet?

email me @ dj_buggy@ymail.com
PorkyG 9:17 PM - 4 February, 2013
After you email him tell the rest of us if the price was reasonable. LOL
djbuggy 9:41 PM - 16 February, 2013
$20 inclues shipping in the US.
DJRemixEnt 12:49 PM - 9 March, 2013
u should call em "Dicer Coasters"...lol
DJ_Hitman 5:42 AM - 13 September, 2013
I know this thread is somewhat old but I shot you an email about buying. Let me know if you got it.
djbuggy 4:43 PM - 13 September, 2013
Quote:
I know this thread is somewhat old but I shot you an email about buying. Let me know if you got it.

got it
djaso26 9:33 PM - 16 November, 2013
I also just sent you an email about purchasing a pair. Let me know how I can do that. Thanks
DJ Carlo A. 8:16 AM - 16 December, 2013
Hey DJaso, are you still selling your dicer risers?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:36 PM - 16 December, 2013
I don't even use dicers, but that idea is amazing. Props. Get paid.
Jiglo 5:15 PM - 16 December, 2013
I've got a STR8-150 and when I got the Dicers this year I had to swap that Stanton deck back to a 1210 because of this problem. If i'd thought of doing this myself or if they were available here then I could have kept that as my main scratch deck.

Excellent idea djbuggy that i'm going to have to copy for my own use as I live in the UK so I guess that means too expensive with postage.

Cheers man.
djbuggy 7:50 PM - 18 December, 2013
Quote:
I've got a STR8-150 and when I got the Dicers this year I had to swap that Stanton deck back to a 1210 because of this problem. If i'd thought of doing this myself or if they were available here then I could have kept that as my main scratch deck.

Excellent idea djbuggy that i'm going to have to copy for my own use as I live in the UK so I guess that means too expensive with postage.

Cheers man.

Thanks, Im glad I could help you out

If anyone needs a pair feel free to email me at dj_buggy@ymail.com
DylanVE 11:50 PM - 18 December, 2013
I've been meaning to show every here my solution, works a treat:

www.dropbox.com

www.dropbox.com

www.dropbox.com

Using these:

www.ebay.com.au

www.ebay.com.au

...or something similar.
DylanVE 11:52 PM - 18 December, 2013
"everyone here" that is.
Dj Bigg Wigg 10:09 PM - 1 April, 2014
Dj buggy get with me. I got dicers and st150. I want to mount them to my turntables
Dj Bigg Wigg 10:14 PM - 1 April, 2014
Dj buggy I got the dicers and st150 I want to mount them. Get at me
ItsThaMessenger 10:35 PM - 1 April, 2014
This is an amazing idea! Ean @ DJTechTools anyone thinking this???? He would be the one to take this on.
pilowcase 2:17 AM - 19 September, 2014
Would be nice to have an elegant solution for mounting the Dicers - I found that a pretty easy method is using three rather large blobs of blue tack (similar to the putty that comes with the dicers, but you can get it at office supply)

So far they hold nicely. Just need to make sure the blobs are big enough to raise the controller high enough so as not to press the start/stop.
DJ Irv 4:24 PM - 19 September, 2014
Would be nice if Novation provided AutoCad files for different turntables. Then maybe you could use a 3D printer to make them.
Wtfpwn 1:41 PM - 12 February, 2015
Eyyy!

I drew an AutoCAD 3D-model for the "Dicer-riser"s for Stanton ST-150 and STR8-150. Contact me at alehakanpaa@gmail.com and I'll send you the .stl file for 3D-printing. I was too lazy to upload photos so I'll send those via e-mail too if you want to see.
amplogik 12:23 PM - 26 August, 2015
I went to staples and bought those little round flat magnets (6 for 2 bux) glued them where the dicer footpads go, and they are perfect. They bridge the button, are easy to move if I have to, and grip tight when in use (no sliding or anything) 2 bux, looks like they were built that way and no sticky stuff. Blue tack drove me nuts. Kept falling off.
DJ Quartz 7:58 PM - 13 November, 2015
Started a Facebook group... www.facebook.com

Stanton users unite!
B.Smith 8:55 AM - 19 November, 2016
Quote:
i will paint them black to match the dicers

I'm gonna pick up a set of these turntables also, and I like the spacer idea, but I was thinking about totally removing the 2nd start/stop button instead. My theory about the button is when it's pressed down the circuit is completed, which causes the motor underneath the platter to start. But, if there's no conductor there to complete circuit, the dicers should fit right down in the hole.

Now of course, the dicer spindal base won't sit mounted in the hole, since it has no 45 adapter molding IN the hole, so you'll still need to use Velcro to keep it still.
amplogik 9:58 PM - 23 November, 2016
I've disassembled mine to repaint the units. I would not advise this unless you're comfortable servicing electronics. They are solidly built, but in order to repaint nicely, you are gonna have to remove grounding from the chassis, and remove the tone arm and other goodies, that if improperly re-attached can cause a 51Hz line hum to be picked up from the tone arm when set to line level impedence on the switch. You should really understand grounding.

Also the buttons are oversized for the dicers Stanton adapter. It won't work that way without having a shim in there.

I recommend removing the Stanton adapters from the dicers, and getting a set of strong magnet pads from any hardware store, and gluing them on to the 3 rubber feet of the dicers.

I have 6 magnets (a stack of two on each "foot" of the dicer) and it holds it to the surface like it was locked there. You have to put some effort into moving them.

It bridges over the button nicely, sets them to a nicer height than counter sinking them, and are easily removeable more moveable to the other corners as you wish.

No surgery involved, costs you all of $1.50 at any hardware store, and looks far more pro.
webcke 3:11 AM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
I have 6 magnets (a stack of two on each "foot" of the dicer) and it holds it to the surface like it was locked there. You have to put some effort into moving them.

It bridges over the button nicely, sets them to a nicer height than counter sinking them, and are easily removeable more moveable to the other corners as you wish.

No surgery involved, costs you all of $1.50 at any hardware store, and looks far more pro.

Would the magnets cause any interference with the internals of the turntable? or your mixer? Im interested in trying this method if legit.
wingman 6:06 AM - 20 December, 2017
I took my start/stop button out and they fit perfect in there. The mount on the dicer seem to be thicker at the top so it fits in the hole super snug. It was actually really easy to take the turntable apart. Just remove all the screws in the bottom and lift the upper frame from the front (opposite of where the connectors/switch are and pull up. There will be 3 screws that hold down the switch. Remove those and unplug the switch and you're done. Push the dicer through the hole as far as it can go and tighten the screw in the middle. The dicer will be in there super snug and it will not move.

i32.photobucket.com
i32.photobucket.com
amplogik 5:59 PM - 18 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Would the magnets cause any interference with the internals of the turntable? or your mixer? Im interested in trying this method if legit.

Sorry, been offline for ages. So you probably already know, but answering for anyone else wondering.... No, cheap magnets will do not effect any internals in the turntable. I rather imagine you'd need some kind of very, very powerful electromagnet to do that. Small passive magnets don't have a field strong enough to interact with anything more than a few millimeters from the magnet itself. Barely enough to stick to the surface. :)