DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

need a recording

paino 7:49 PM - 31 January, 2012
Ok I have around 20 songs that I need to compile into one track for a party im having, realy would like all the songs recorded for me to replay on the night. Please let me know if you or someone you can recomend?

By the way I wouldn't have a clue about the questions asked by the computer!
Serato, Support
David Wood 3:15 AM - 1 February, 2012
Hey paino,

I'm just trying to understand what it is you want to do. Do you want to record a mix of these few songs for the night? You can record mixes within ITCH
However you could create a playlist with all the songs you want to play in order? Are you using your PC with the music on it on the night? Let's find the best option for you. :)

Regards

Dave W
paino 4:22 AM - 1 February, 2012
I need someone to mix the songs for me, I have no idea how to use the program and don't own one though think it would be awesome to play bits and pieces of everyones song choices on the night. It would be pre recorded and played via usb or ipod on the night. I hope I am being clear on explaining.
Serato, Support
David Wood 4:29 AM - 1 February, 2012
Hey Paino,

I'm going to move this to general Dj discussion, maybe someone there will be able to help you out. Good luck with the wedding.

Regards

Dave W
4:29 AM, 1 Feb 2012
Discussion moved to DJing Discussion
paino 4:31 AM - 1 February, 2012
Thanks dave as I have no idea, just heard serato was the place.
DJ Tecniq 4:38 AM - 1 February, 2012
LOL...this is a joke right
djbanno 4:52 AM - 1 February, 2012
Shenanigans
paino 5:17 AM - 1 February, 2012
ha, thats right youd be paid for your time to put together a 20-30 min track then hand it over to be played, relatively simple from my end. Are there any dj's using serato that can do this.
paino 5:28 AM - 1 February, 2012
Its a wedding with song requests sent back with the rsvp's though instead of playing all the songs I want them compiled into a dirty mix that runs for 20-30 minutes.LOL
DJ Tecniq 5:59 AM - 1 February, 2012
Quote:
Its a wedding with song requests sent back with the rsvp's though instead of playing all the songs I want them compiled into a dirty mix that runs for 20-30 minutes.LOL
Well post up the requests. I'm sure you'll get a few takers.
DJDBAG 6:14 AM - 1 February, 2012
Can it be littered with Drops?
paino 6:33 AM - 1 February, 2012
Drop the hell out of it, what's a drop? Sounds good though
paino 6:35 AM - 1 February, 2012
Will get back with all song choices, interested to see it all brought together, by the way we have 6 weeks.
DJ Tecniq 6:37 AM - 1 February, 2012
ohhhh boy this is gonna be a long thread : /
paino 7:24 AM - 1 February, 2012
Good Feeling Flo Rida
Sexy & I know it LMFAO
Living on a prayer Bon Jovi
Ice Ice Baby Vanilla Ice
Shook me all night long ACDC
Like I love you Justin Timberlake
Red Red Wine Bob Marley
Oh What a night Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
Two Strong Hearts John Farnham
Unforgettable Nat & Natalie Cole
Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) Beyonce
What's my name Snoop Dogg
Hey Ya Out Kast
Something Stupid - Robbie Williams / Nicole Kidman version
Katy Perry - Fireworks
Ghetto Superstar
Moves like jagger
Paper Planes - MIA
Run for the hills - Iron Maiden
DJ Tecniq 7:35 AM - 1 February, 2012
Quote:
Red Red Wine Bob Marley
It's UB40 not Bob Marley and I'm curious how much u are willing to pay? I'd prob be game for this..looks pretty simple..a few bpm's are off.
DJ Tecniq 7:43 AM - 1 February, 2012
UB40 - Red Red Wine ---> Watchwww.youtube.com
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:18 AM - 1 February, 2012
Do it Tecniq!
DJ Tecniq 9:02 AM - 1 February, 2012
Quote:
Do it Tecniq!
I think i just might for the hell of it if I got time. But it will be done "my way" with mixing, scratching, blending. I can't just blend these songs together and leave it at that...not a challenge for me and boring.
DJ Tecniq 9:05 AM - 1 February, 2012
I figure each track would be $10. So for my time you'd have to pay me exactly $190 dollars to create this mix...of course it "will" not be in the order u listed as that will just "never" work.
paino 2:30 PM - 1 February, 2012
Your the dj, so scratch, drop, shuffle, blend, mix and we should have funky tunes with heaps of cool stuff. I was thinking around that price so if you can, sweet.
phonze 3:00 PM - 1 February, 2012
if it's for a wedding, maybe leave the drops out though. just my suggestion.
HYDRO MATIC 3:28 PM - 1 February, 2012
Quote:
if it's for a wedding, maybe leave the drops out though. just my suggestion.

Make them tasteful but put them in.

NO undercut... DJ TECNIQ if you decide NOT to Id love to fill in...but just pm if decide NOT to...

Paino your in good hands if DJ Tecniq does take your project on.
phonze 3:33 PM - 1 February, 2012
oh okay i wasn't sure. good to know
DJ Tecniq 5:33 PM - 1 February, 2012
What if I do this mix and you don't pay me? Can I kidnap your wife?
O.B.1 6:22 PM - 1 February, 2012
send the one littered w/ drops first and when he pays you, send him the mix without drops...
DJ Tecniq 6:39 PM - 1 February, 2012
Quote:
send the one littered w/ drops first and when he pays you, send him the mix without drops...
I like this idea :) hehehe...
O.B.1 7:44 PM - 1 February, 2012
oh and I was gonna type IBTL - but apparantly the mods endorse this?
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:06 PM - 1 February, 2012
I would hardly say we are "endorsing" this, but it seems like a perfectly fine request to me.

He is willing to pay a DJ to do a job for him. Serato.com is full of DJs right?

Seems like a pretty logical place to ask this sort of thing when you think about it. Probably better than calling up the DJ who leaves his card on the notice board at the local supermarket.
DJ Tecniq 10:20 PM - 1 February, 2012
Okay if no pay then....kidnap your wife :) deal
djpuma_gemini 10:51 PM - 1 February, 2012
I will drop them in ableton set the master tempo to oh about 120 and make the entire playlist 120bpm.
DJ Tecniq 10:57 PM - 1 February, 2012
Quote:
I will drop them in ableton set the master tempo to oh about 120 and make the entire playlist 120bpm.
LOL that would be hilarious!
DJ Tecniq 10:59 PM - 1 February, 2012
Quote:
I need someone to mix the songs for me, I have no idea how to use the program and don't own one though think it would be awesome to play bits and pieces of everyones song choices on the night. It would be pre recorded and played via usb or ipod on the night. I hope I am being clear on explaining.
I got dicers to foo! would make this mix even more interesting.
DJ Tecniq 11:58 PM - 1 February, 2012
K...I need to know if I should start working on this wedding mix. Just let me know piano
paino 4:44 AM - 2 February, 2012
Yeah do it.
Sunny Up 4:49 AM - 2 February, 2012
Quote:

LOL

I wanna hear the final product of that.
DJ Dac 5:42 AM - 2 February, 2012
tracking...
Nicky Blunt 8:41 AM - 2 February, 2012
Quote:
tracking...
paino 8:58 AM - 2 February, 2012
We left a couple out from the oldies, it's Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons and You are My Best Friend by Don Williams
paino 6:55 PM - 7 February, 2012
OK havn't heard anything from dj technician, think he's not wanting the job, any takers? Please get back to me before the weekend.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:04 PM - 7 February, 2012
so advertising is now allowed?
HYDRO MATIC 7:22 PM - 7 February, 2012
paino...PM sent
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:06 PM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
so advertising is now allowed?

No, it isn't.

paino, you can't use this forum to advertise for any product or service. Please don't do it again.
10:06 PM, 7 Feb 2012
Discussion locked by ChrisD