Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

scroll library with jog wheel

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
dj lashes 12:21 AM - 22 January, 2012
can u scroll the library with the jog wheels on the ns6
DJ OWNZ 6:42 PM - 24 January, 2012
I owned a NS6 for a couple months before I got the V7s. Not that I know of. I just used the rubber controller thing in the middle at the top.
dj lashes 9:29 PM - 24 January, 2012
Quote:
I owned a NS6 for a couple months before I got the V7s. Not that I know of. I just used the rubber controller thing in the middle at the top.

serato stop changing with every controller
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:51 AM - 25 January, 2012
Hey dj lashes,

Unfortunately there is no way to scroll through the library on the NS6 with the jog wheels.

Cheers.
dj lashes 5:47 AM - 25 January, 2012
Quote:
Hey dj lashes,

Unfortunately there is no way to scroll through the library on the NS6 with the jog wheels.

Cheers.

1st thanks for the reply...
2nd serato/numark you are making great hardware and software but really not making the 2 together user friendly yes am just 1 person making noise you all must have alot of work to do but think about it for few mins your selling yourself short because of some very small things and it the small things is that will keep us here for years to come .
dizzyrocks2001 2:18 PM - 25 January, 2012
You do know there is a knob which you can use to scroll through the tracks right?
dj lashes 3:41 PM - 25 January, 2012
Quote:
You do know there is a knob which you can use to scroll through the tracks right?

yeah but would be alot faster and easier like on the VCI 300, after 4hr turn that knob really could be better plus i dont know what music you play but i play mostly dancehall which is 90% speed mixing so that knob is not good for dancehall djs.
dizzyrocks2001 6:26 PM - 25 January, 2012
I think you're just accustomed to scrolling using the platter but I find it hard to believe that moving your hand 3 inches to the scroll knob would delay your workflow. Besides, with the VCI 100 wouldn't you have to press a button to change the jogwheel's function from 'scratch' to 'scroll', and then press it again to switch back? At least with the scroll knob you don't have to press any buttons. I think your feature request is warranted, but one could make the argument that it's not that hard to adapt to scrolling using a knob instead of a platter.

For example, I used to have the Numark CDX and it's 'Play' button could be used to stutter the track... this is not the case with the Numark V7's (the play button starts and stops the track). It took a little getting used to, but now I don't even think about it.
dj lashes 11:44 PM - 25 January, 2012
its not the 3 inches to get to the knob its turning the knob so much with 2 fingers in big crates
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:49 AM - 27 January, 2012
I personally don't like the idea of giving the platter the ability to scroll through the library. For me this is putting the functionality that you probably use the most (library navigation) together with the most high-risk thing on the whole controller. It would be way too easy to think you are in library scroll mode when you aren't and that would have probably the most disastrous consequences for a DJ - Don't you think?
dj lashes 5:55 AM - 27 January, 2012
Quote:
I personally don't like the idea of giving the platter the ability to scroll through the library. For me this is putting the functionality that you probably use the most (library navigation) together with the most high-risk thing on the whole controller. It would be way too easy to think you are in library scroll mode when you aren't and that would have probably the most disastrous consequences for a DJ - Don't you think?

no sorry i dont think so i had no problems with the vci 300 using the platter to scroll through the library its super fast plus once the track is loaded it turns off platter scroll and goes back to scratch mode.. ok here a test make a crate with 10,000 songs see how long it takes to scroll 1 to 10k with ns6 using the scroll knob and the vci300 using the platter i bet the vci will go down and up before the ns6 goes down.
DJ OWNZ 7:05 PM - 28 January, 2012
You can also search tracks in Serato fyi.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:47 AM - 2 February, 2012
I don't doubt the speed of a library platter scroll function but I'm more worried about the danger of accidentally skipping through the track which I imagine wouldn't be hard to do.

But that's just my personal opinion, I'm sure there will be controllers in the future that will have this functionality. However, as far as I know there are no plans for this to happen with the NS6.

Cheers :)
dj lashes 4:19 AM - 2 February, 2012
that good that number 1 is clear as for the speed of the platter scroll which is what alot of dj need is speed and 2nd your worry about the danger of accidentally skipping through tracks ect... did you have alot of user having that problem before with the vci300 if not why would you think the ns6 would be any differents??? but when again like u said thats just your personal opinion and 3rd i guess you would know better then me as far as plans or better i say NO PLANS for it to happen on the ns6, to me with all them 50 buttons am sure 1 could do the job well i guess thats my opinion.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 11:24 PM - 8 February, 2012
Like I said I don't think there are any plans for this to happen in the near future, it's not a feature request we hear often and the already existing library scroll functionality works fine.

I'll close this thread as a feature request.

Cheers.