Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Hey Serato: answer ONE question about Serato Video

XRM5 9:52 PM - 19 January, 2012
Can you tell all the original Video-SL users of even just one feature in Serato Video besides Itch support that is new to us?
dj garcia 10:00 PM - 19 January, 2012
So Video sl and Serato video is the same just name change! Wut!!!
djpuma_gemini 10:30 PM - 19 January, 2012
SSDN
same shit different name
XRM5 10:30 PM - 19 January, 2012
Audio. Video. Same ol'.
djcrap 1:02 AM - 20 January, 2012
Quote:
SSDN
same shit different name

he meant

same shit different toilet (nm, no flash intended)
DJ Tecniq 3:40 PM - 22 January, 2012
I seriously can't see them put out Serato Video and change "nothing" just doesn't make sense to me.
VJ Justin Allen 4:02 PM - 22 January, 2012
I think it was mention a few months ago that all of the Serato programs were being rebuilt from the ground up to better able new technology and faster and more powerful upgrades. We know that Itch started this process, and ScratchLive was also changed. My assumption is that Serato Video is just the next piece of software that is being transferred over.

Even if it is the same when released I like the fact that they are starting the process of improving the video plug-in. They know what's out there for competition.
DJ Tecniq 4:20 PM - 22 January, 2012
Quote:
I think it was mention a few months ago that all of the Serato programs were being rebuilt from the ground up to better able new technology and faster and more powerful upgrades. We know that Itch started this process, and ScratchLive was also changed. My assumption is that Serato Video is just the next piece of software that is being transferred over.

Even if it is the same when released I like the fact that they are starting the process of improving the video plug-in. They know what's out there for competition.
I agree I just hope they keep us VSL users satisfied and keep updating cause I seriously was gonna get ME after a yr and half of no update almost.
XRM5 5:49 PM - 22 January, 2012
Quote:
I think it was mention a few months ago that all of the Serato programs were being rebuilt from the ground up to better able new technology and faster and more powerful upgrades.

This is definitely a good sign, but are they adding anything yet? Maybe an answer now that NAMM is done?
DJ Reflex 6:57 PM - 22 January, 2012
I didn't go to NAMM, but the only video I could find on VSL was at a Numark booth. Serato Video was running in the background, but the announcer was in the way the whole time and you couldn't see anything. They also gave a very brief demo, but it was for the Numark NS7.
DJ Tecniq 7:13 PM - 22 January, 2012
Quote:
I didn't go to NAMM, but the only video I could find on VSL was at a Numark booth. Serato Video was running in the background, but the announcer was in the way the whole time and you couldn't see anything. They also gave a very brief demo, but it was for the Numark NS7.
this one? Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 7:15 PM - 22 January, 2012
I just want to hear someone say "how is this different from video-sl" and get an answer
DJ Tecniq 7:17 PM - 22 January, 2012
To me it does look like it has more transition fx when he drags the mouse down...could be..
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ'Que 7:31 PM - 22 January, 2012
Its the same right now. I do know all the effects were all in certain catagory forum. You cluck 1 and 10 drops down. Also im pretty sure that was a lite version for itch. Im sure thereva better version once u hook up the 57,61,62,68. I see why it hasnt been a update in so long. The mixer is the reason. That 62 is definitly a game changer. I will surely be getting one
DJ'Que 7:34 PM - 22 January, 2012
Debating if I wanna go back to namm. And do a better video of itch video. But I know its a light version for itch and not scratchlive.
DJ'Que 7:38 PM - 22 January, 2012
The last video is mines. If u guys want me to I can get dressed and go back and get a better shot of things. Just gotta get up and go down there.
DJ Tecniq 7:39 PM - 22 January, 2012
Quote:
Debating if I wanna go back to namm. And do a better video of itch video. But I know its a light version for itch and not scratchlive.
So you are saying that serato video for scratchlive will be different? Isn't it just the same thing whether it's for SSL or Itch
Rebelguy 10:35 PM - 22 January, 2012
Quote:
I see why it hasnt been a update in so long. The mixer is the reason. That 62 is definitly a game changer. I will surely be getting one

Serato does the programming for Serato Video. The mixer is from Rane. They are two diiferent companies dealing with two different products.
Rebelguy 10:36 PM - 22 January, 2012
Quote:
Rebelguy 10:37 PM - 22 January, 2012
Quote:

Where was this ever stated? Please do not make statements like this without posting evidence to back it up. This only causes more rumors to float around and aggrivate users.
Joshua Carl 11:03 PM - 22 January, 2012
history.

Have we ever seen an official announcement that didnt bullet-point the hottest and newest features?

IE, when the version with the SP-6 dropped everything was all about the new sample player.
the website release notes and everything was pretty conclusive with what was coming in the new release....
Its not like they announced the new version... then when people downloaded it
they were suprised with a sample player that was a "secret" in the release notes.

this is the Release info to date for Serato Video:
serato.com

according to the OFFICiAL release there is nothing new on the features side other than the name and ITCH.

have u ever heard of a company NOT boast NEW features in a major release...

but heres some great selling points for the NEW Serato video.

*Instant Doubles.
*Offline File Management
*Portable solution

really take a second and look at the features listed...and think about them.
then Look at VSL 1.2 from February of 2010
Rebelguy 11:15 PM - 22 January, 2012
Hey Josh,

Were you responding to me? My question to Que was for info regarding a press release stating that the Itch version of Serato video was a lite or even different version then the scratchlive version.
XRM5 11:17 PM - 22 January, 2012
Instant doubles!!
Joshua Carl 11:22 PM - 22 January, 2012
it was a generalized response... to alot of speculating.

and yeah, I dont think Ive ever seen a "lite" version used anywhere.
maybe a Beta that hasnt hit the ground outside of New Zealand...

people just say things like they are facts,,,,
that why I personally post links when I make statements.
DJ Reflex 10:37 PM - 23 January, 2012
The video was a nice plug for Numark... but no hints as to Serato Video.

Quote:
The last video is mines. If u guys want me to I can get dressed and go back and get a better shot of things. Just gotta get up and go down there.

lol

Wasn't you, was the camera angle. Anyway, thanks for the vid in the first place. I was actually trying to move my head around my screen to see what was going on. Can't see around corners on a flat screen very well. Maybe Searto can work on that technology too while their at it. :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:09 AM - 24 January, 2012
Hi guys,

There has been a large amount of architectural work done for Serato Video which has given us the base to expand on now. This is the main change as well as providing ITCH support. While it doesn't seem like much now, this will allow us to make even bigger and better features and improvements to video moving forward.

Sam.
DJ Reflex 2:26 AM - 24 January, 2012
Awesome - Thanks!
Phil G 11:41 AM - 24 January, 2012
The single feature I'd really like to see is not having to use the cross fader. As I only really mix with channel faders it'd be great for the video to automatically cross fade in relation to the channel faders. I believe it's an ME feature but this would be the most helpful to me
DJ'Que 7:22 PM - 24 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Where was this ever stated? Please do not make statements like this without posting evidence to back it up. This only causes more rumors to float around and aggrivate users.
by lite version i mean ready for namm. and the video I was talking about updating was to show itch faders were controlling both channels on the 3 output screens.
DJ'Que 7:24 PM - 24 January, 2012
I think itch will get the video ball rolling faster. IMHO. seems to be reworked when I was messing with it and smoother.
DjayRage 2:23 PM - 25 January, 2012
Quote:
The single feature I'd really like to see is not having to use the cross fader. As I only really mix with channel faders it'd be great for the video to automatically cross fade in relation to the channel faders. I believe it's an ME feature but this would be the most helpful to me

You can assign your channel faders to do that with midi if your mixer has midi. Leave the crossfader in the middle and only use your upfaders.
phatbob 2:27 PM - 25 January, 2012
That removes the option to use transition FX though.

In ME you can have the relationship between the upfaders determine the crossfader position. It's a nice option.
Phil G 2:31 PM - 25 January, 2012
yeah phatbob i thought that was the case, thats the one feature I would really like to see.
tomatoslice 2:56 PM - 25 January, 2012
Quote:

In ME you can have the relationship between the upfaders determine the crossfader position. It's a nice option.

that's a great feature.
one of the most basic i take for granted and forgot about.
skinnyguy 9:28 PM - 25 January, 2012
Quote:
That removes the option to use transition FX though.

not in ME
phatbob 9:39 PM - 25 January, 2012
Which is what I then said... ;-)