Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

ITCH 2.1 Delete buttons trigger samples?

AsylumET 7:33 AM - 14 January, 2012
I decided to take my V7s out to a show tonight. It went well for the most part. ITCH froze up once when I ejected a Transcend USB drive that I had just plugged in and copied a song to the computer from. That wasn't my big concern though as I already know ITCH doesn't like to run with other USB devices. What I noticed that was a problem was when I attempted to delete a bad cue point. I pressed the delete button on one of the V7s and then pressed bank 1 and instead of deleting the cue point I heard a very loud siren sound. The buttons stayed illuminated red and I pressed number 2 and it triggered the second sample. Click the delete button and the banks light up white and retained the cue points I was attempting to delete. I found that deck A's cue buttons 1-3 trigger the first three banks and deck B's buttons 1-3 trigger the last three banks.

I do like the idea of having control over the sampler with hardware but this is just not right. I just got home and I am exhausted so I wont get a chance to set everything up and test it out to see if it was a glitch or what but figured maybe someone else has noticed this. I will post here again after setting everything up tomorrow.
Dj_Nix 7:46 AM - 14 January, 2012
its a feature. from what i read before though its (sp6) only supposed to activate when the shift/delete button is held
AsylumET 8:25 AM - 14 January, 2012
Okay yea I just found that in the manual. I do like being able to access the samples like that. Messed me up a bit because I couldn't delete the cue points but I guess I'll just have to play around with it a bit.
DJPrice_inMD 2:07 PM - 14 January, 2012
On the NS& I know you have to click a button in the SP-6 on screen GUI to activate hardware controls, which then simply operate after the Delete button has been pressed red. The Cue Buttons (1-3 on each side) then light up red if a bank has a cue, and can be triggered through pressing. You can get back to your cue points by hitting delete again, and then edit cue points by turning off the on-screen button. It works pretty well, I just wish for the ability to adjust the volume etc of samples as well through hardware control.
Dave The One 7:53 PM - 14 January, 2012
This was absolutely brilliant on serato's part. Thumbs up for the engineers that coded this feature. This absolutely is quality hardware and software product.

I haven't deejayed in years, I went on a hiatus from 1992-1997 exploring DAWs; my first experience was digital orchestrator by voyetra that came with a turtle beach sound card that had a kurzweil dsp sampling chip. I could never finish a production with it because of instability with windows; it was windows 3.1 or 98. Then I stumbled on to propellerheads rebirth which blew me away; as crappy as windows 98 was this program was bullet proof. When win 98se came out things got even better. Sonic foundry had sound forge and later acid pro; these three programs in my opinion changed the way music was going to be made forever; I was using an mpc 2000, cubase vst 3.6 with rebirth and the first creation of rewire that only worked with rebirth, I added emu sound modules, (planet phatt carnival orbit) and a midex 8 midi interface, switched to an mpc 2000xl, modded it with a zip drive thn a hard drive, switched to the mpc 4000 and the korg triton 61.

I was working at Sam ash and an artist that I respected came in with all his gear and traded it in; an 808, Juno etc... And. Was in shock; I asked him why and he said "reason"
When I sat down and saw this program demoed to me on the sales floor I was in shock.
It wasn't until reason 2.5/3.0 that I traded in my mpc 4000, triton, emu sound modules for reason, protools 6.9 le with the 002 and akais mpd 16. I also bought this rtas plugin for protools called Serato scratch studio edition. Again I lucked into a game changer. I also owned the pioneer djm 900 mixer ( I think that's what it was; I added the rotary knobs In Place of the faders) with two cdj 700's a kaoss pad and an ex 500. it was quite boring to DJ on those and I traded that stuff in too.

Serato discontinued scratch studio edition and came out with scratch live. What a disappointment. I disappeared once again in 2005 after remixing a song (liscyn "I can't change your mind" it's on iTunes track 2 Mendez club mix) ive kept my software updated; I now have pro tools 10 HD, logic pro, cockos reaper, reason 6.0 an akai mpd 32, axiom pro connected to a quad core i7 2.66 Hackintosh and an hp envy i7 2.2ghz beats edition with hundreds of plugins also have finl cut studio, final cut pro x and avid media composer.

In 2011 I was experimenting with traktor and then djay for the iPad 2, and Djay 4 on my hackintosh and was very very impressed. I was using my axiom pro to program traktor and I was blown awaya what could be done just pushing buttons and programming traktor to the sliders and knobs on the axiom. I realize I needed a controller but was taken back by the amount of controllers out there. A week ago I decided it was time to finally get a controller and after researching it came down to three choices, ns7fx, ddjs1 and the ns6. Ean gold and traktor s4 turned me off after watching q-Bert pop up at eans house and seeing ean defenseless against qbert I didn't even want to look at the s4 which I was very interested in because I love traktor; anyway I spent the day at guitar center and almost walked out with the ns7fx for 899.00(opn box). Amazing, moving platters, responsiveness and I said wow, itch is really nice as far as ease if use compared to traktor.
I tell u I'm always at the right place at the right time 899 for ns7fx!. They also had used technics 1200's mkII for 399 a piece. Anyway I'm a perfectionist and I hate blemishes on my gear, the mixer on ns7fx had terrible blemishes by the fader and I was torn between the ns7fx and ns6 because of being able to control 4 decks. So the ns6 came home; of course after price matching for 799.

No problems hooking up to my hackintosh. Two glaring issues; no level input meters and computer keyboard control for samples. This ns6 was about to go back. I realized I was using itch 2.01. I upgraded to 2.1 after reading the manual and reading the forums about holding the headphones button down for a second to see the input volume. The serato engineers saved this ns6 from going back.

I have seen this new controller that appeared that is going to be introduced at namm next week; if it works with scratch live and the ns6 doesn't; I'll return the ns6 until all the dust settles with itch, live; they should be one and the same. Im also a bit miffed about the ns6 being 44.1khz. That might be a deal breaker. We,ll see after namm....
DJ Splat 3:45 PM - 12 July, 2012
Thank you. Couldn't figure it out and couldn't find the documentation on it either.