Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

BPM Supreme Video Pool

DjBoozie 11:16 PM - 2 January, 2012
Has Anyone ever used this Site before

www.BPmSupreme.com
phatbob 12:04 AM - 3 January, 2012
There was a guy a couple of weeks ago in the VSL help area having big problems, we narrowed it down to his files, and they came from there.

As that is the only time I've come across them, I'd be dubious about how well encoded their videos are.
phatbob 12:09 AM - 3 January, 2012
Also, that is 100% an illegal site.

Bear that in mind before you send them money.

They sell loaded hard drives FFS. No label in the WORLD is gonna deal with a company that does that.
phatbob 12:12 AM - 3 January, 2012
And also, there are so many typos on that site it's actually quite amusing.
DjFeliciano 6:23 PM - 3 January, 2012
The WORST! I was that guy phatbob is referring to. All of their video's were randomly encoded, and the sound was YouTube halite at best, in fact in some cases it was worse! I filed a charge back on them since it was such a blatant scam! They are a glorified napster! I took the suggestion of a forum member and subscribed to Smashvidz! Worth every penny! No headaches, files are constantly encoded, sound is equal if not better than a 320 mp3! My new yeas set went flawlessly!

Not to mention I ditched video sl and picked up mixemergency! What a night and dyexperience. One slight hiccup for my gig, but keep in mind, I was running ssl, mixemergency, madmapper and rekordbox simultaneously all night so I could easily jump from my rekordbox collection to serato, and madmapper for surface mapping!
phatbob 6:51 PM - 3 January, 2012
Good to hear that worked out mate!

Your poor computer must have been getting a good thrashing with all that running!
DjFeliciano 9:49 PM - 3 January, 2012
Not at all. Used syphon to connect to madmapper, scaled ME back to 640x480 and it handled it like a champ. The only time I experienced slowing was upon my initial launch of ME & madmapper. The quality slider was set extremely high so I was getting a syphon fed of 1080p. Moved spacer to about the middle and everything was fine.

I cannot stress to anyone in a noob state like me to use smashvidz if your looking for a promo service. I have not had 1 video I was upset with! As for exclusive grooves, the irony is tha theclaim to be ophiliated with stacks, a SoCal record store that specialize in vinyl and underground hip hop. They also claim to be recommended by PSSL which is the place I get all my gear from, so you canbet I will be talking to them about this. I felt like somebody pulled a fast one on me, but like I said all is right now!
phatbob 10:03 PM - 3 January, 2012
How do you find madmapper? Been experimenting with projection mapping recently, haven't tried that software yet though.
DjFeliciano 10:24 PM - 3 January, 2012
Madmapper is so awesome. It really is so simple that it allowed me to quickly map out some pretty cool projections. I just got my Optoma GT750e which is short throw so it has allowed me to do some really cool stuff. Small spaces, like my room, I have been able to easily map onto 2 walls and the ceiling! I want to learn some of the more complex mapping, so I think eventually I will try and pickup some aftereffects instead of relying on Motion, as well as modul8. I don't want to become a strictly video dj. I want videos to enhance my sets, along with visuals to ad more dynamics than just my current moving head setup.

Check out my link for a quick video of my first madmapper test

Watchwww.youtube.com
djpuma_gemini 10:40 PM - 3 January, 2012
If you dj where they have a projector and tvs is madmapper pointless? (don't want it to display on both tv's and projector)
DjFeliciano 11:38 PM - 3 January, 2012
The only application for madmapper is surface mapping, an maybe some video morphing. I would definitely not run it if I was using fixed resolution screens, unless you wanted to feed like a mosaic of a bunch of videos or something like that. It is handy for quickly laying video into a fixed location, especially since I am using a short throw projector that has no zoom. This means I can open madmapper, select my output from me, create a new quad and map it to where I need my projection. Pretty quick and painless. I am looking forward to using this for more complex projections in the future
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:38 AM - 4 January, 2012
@DjFeliciano, what are the specs of the Mac your running if you dont mind? Thanks for the info....
DjFeliciano 3:44 AM - 4 January, 2012
Mid 2010 core i7 2.6 ghz, 8gb ram, 512 NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, weakest link is the 5400 rpm 500GB HD. Contemplating a hybrid drive if a refresh on the MBP's don't happen soon! Video running at 640x360
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:42 AM - 4 January, 2012
Nice! Ok thanks for the info bro.
DjFeliciano 4:53 AM - 4 January, 2012
Keep in mind I am still a complete noob to all of this. I still use rekordbox for straight mixing without visual component. Personally I don't want people thinking I am wave riding! Been djing for to long to be lumped in that category! Kind of been why I have tried to steer clear of Serato, but their is a lot of neat stuff that I can't do with my CDJ 2000's alone, infant the bridge is probably a huge feature I could see using down the road. Technology seems to keep me on my toes!
DjBoozie 7:32 PM - 4 January, 2012
Why the hell are yall talking about third shit. Move third to another thread. You in the wrong one
DjFeliciano 9:30 PM - 4 January, 2012
My bad! Sorry for answering valid questions! To answe yous, again exclusive grooves sucks, much like your attitude!
phatbob 9:37 PM - 4 January, 2012
Think the original topic has been pretty much nailed down, as the guy from that site has been banned and all his posts deleted.

Don't think there is much wrong with us carrying on a discussion, in this discussion forum.
djpuma_gemini 10:09 PM - 4 January, 2012
yeah the site probably sucks anyway.
Shoot first ask questions later.
Fillmatic 10:10 PM - 4 January, 2012
Exclusive Grooves IS AFFILIATED with stacks.
Fillmatic 10:11 PM - 4 January, 2012
Did you mean to say BPMSupreme?
tomatoslice 10:13 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
Exclusive Grooves IS AFFILIATED with stacks.

what does that mean?

i had EG and ended up not caring for them.
DjFeliciano 10:25 PM - 4 January, 2012
They are affiliated with stacks yet are providing such a crap service? Maybe their audio section is acceptable, but I was disappointed with the video and cancelled due to feeling ripped off! The quality was YouTube rips at best! Can't imagine any label supporting a promo service by giving them YouTube quality video.
tomatoslice 10:36 PM - 4 January, 2012
wtheck does "affiliated with stacks" mean?!?
is that some new dang fangled hiphop rap term the kids are using these day?

"Yo, I am affiliated with stacks. Grab your egg-and-fours and let's get the bacon delivered, bizatch!"
DjFeliciano 10:40 PM - 4 January, 2012
It's a record store that was in Cerritos that catered mainly to underground hip hop when they first opened. Not sure what they are ip to now since it has been years since I went in and they have since opened multiple stores if I read correctly.
tomatoslice 10:58 PM - 4 January, 2012
weird...wonder why Fill commented on the subject after almost 3 years of no posts.
djpuma_gemini 11:01 PM - 4 January, 2012
yeah i was talking about bpm supreme.
DjFeliciano 1:41 AM - 5 January, 2012
I tried bpm supreme and I liked their remix vids, but again a little crappy in quality. Not to mention labeled wrong like no other. Labeling remixes as dada life when I is cazzette. They definitely look like it is a scam job. Maybe their should be some sort of proof these services provide that they are in fact officially label approved. The only site that does this that I know of is zipdj, I'm sure promo only does as well, just have 0 experience with them.
djpuma_gemini 2:40 AM - 5 January, 2012
They can't prove they're label approved because no one has "full" label approval.

It's very gray area.
DjFeliciano 2:58 AM - 5 January, 2012
Yeah I guess that opens up the doors for shady behavior like exclussive & bpmsupreme! Smashvidz ftw!
djnak 3:48 AM - 5 January, 2012
sv has ALWAYS been ftw....
DjFeliciano 5:52 AM - 5 January, 2012
I wish I had poked around here a bit more before wasting my money with those other sites. Wouldve saved me a whole hell of a lot of headache!
Fillmatic 10:43 AM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
weird...wonder why Fill commented on the subject after almost 3 years of no posts.

I can't comment on the video quality, but I do use EG for MP3's. I commented cause someone linked me to this discussion in a chat.
DjBoozie 10:59 AM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
My bad! Sorry for talking about meaning shit! To answer yours, again exclusive grooves sucks, much like your attitude! cut me some slack.. I just came on the rag

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I'm sure Exclusive Grooves does suck... But who asked about them.?.
DjFeliciano 7:12 PM - 5 January, 2012
I got the two confused since I was using both initially. Sorry do creating any unnecessary confusion! Comparatively speaking, bpmsupreme is a tad better, but have fun with all the mislabelings.
phatbob 7:18 PM - 5 January, 2012
Shall we just say that neither BPM Supreme or Exclusive Grooves are recommended by anyone for video and just call this thread closed? ;-)
DjBoozie 8:16 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
Shall we just say that neither BPM Supreme or Exclusive Grooves are recommended by anyone for video and just call this thread closed? ;-)

I use SV And XTendamix for my sources, I but never heard of them and was trying to get some feed back that all guys
tomatoslice 8:35 PM - 5 January, 2012
at this time, i would not use either.
djpuma_gemini 9:17 PM - 5 January, 2012
I think it's a little too late in the game for any pool to start up and try to get into the video game.
I'm even a little weary about audio sites that are going to go video like DMS and DJcity, but at least dms has the screenwerks backing them, not sure what djcity has, but we'll see.
djnak 10:07 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
but at least dms has the screenwerks backing them

Yup cant wait for this ish.....
DJ Dac 10:25 PM - 5 January, 2012
i signed up for BPM Supreme a couple months ago and canceled my djcity a couple weeks ago... i think im going to call djcity back and sign up with them again... the vids are pretty shitty, also do other services do this, put in there name in the video? about half way though the vid it would have a little bpm supreme pop up on the screen. not cool... and there file names are driving me crazy... eff it im sending djcity an email right now...
djpuma_gemini 10:38 PM - 5 January, 2012
No one but PO has little chyrons that pop up in the middle of a video.
Most pools/sites put a chryon on the first verse and that's it.
DJ Dac 10:44 PM - 5 January, 2012
thanks, i just emailed djcity to get me back on with them, its not worth the 10 dollar savings to deal with crap quality, and since im not spinning vids yet, just starting the collection. I'm not that desperate for crap quality. I did get a email from the cable company telling me that i went over my bandwith allotment last month, apparently im limited to 200 gigs with my package...
djpuma_gemini 10:46 PM - 5 January, 2012
does djcity even have videos yet?
DJ Dac 10:50 PM - 5 January, 2012
no, but they just sent out a tweet about adding them soon, I'm in no rush to fill up on vids, but the file names with BPM are just pissing me off to much i would rather have no vids then crappy mp3s i have to go in and rename
Jack Snyder 8:46 PM - 6 January, 2012
I signed up with BPM about 4 Months ago for music . I think there mp3 section is really on point but i haven't checked out there videos .It's worth the subscription for the music section i think . #justsayin
DJ Icce 2:08 AM - 17 January, 2012
Watchvimeo.com

check out this promo clip i found
DjCleancut..bahamas 2:28 AM - 23 June, 2012
im using bpm as well i love there price the video have intro and outro's...not sure wer those negative comment from.. have no complains on this end im good wit them.
DJ Dac 3:05 AM - 23 June, 2012
i upgraded to 30 dollar package and i get the cds in the mail, super worth it, just the lack of correctly named videos get really old to have to rename, also the sound quality isnt the best on some of the songs. they are getting better though, i have been with them since the begining
tomatoslice 7:49 AM - 23 June, 2012
damn, must have looked through 10 pages to restart this thread.
DjBoozie 12:21 PM - 23 June, 2012
Quote:
damn, must have looked through 10 pages to restart this thread.

Really. I got the answers I needed about them. Not to bad of a service but I wouldn't recommend them to no one, but thanks guys
Fuidawg 9:33 PM - 25 September, 2015
I just signed up last night for this site, wish i had looked here first lol ... But these messages are from 2012 though? Any updated or latest updates?
popnwave 10:15 PM - 25 September, 2015
No one has come through since saying they have cleaned up their act, but let us know what your experience ends up being.
DJEndo314 1:23 AM - 5 January, 2016
To be honest I'm not sure exactly why everyone here is giving them such bad remarks. I have used both BPMSupreme and Smashvidz on and off for the past couple years. I will admit that Smashvidz has a higher level of focus on video quality (720/ 1080p vidz) but honestly I think they fall short sometimes in regards to new content. Smashvidz was great for finding old classic vids across many genres for a lot of songs I couldn't get elsewhere. On the flip side, a lot of new music, especially all the remixes (EDM, Trap, HipHop) were showing up on BPMSupreme a lot sooner. There is also a noticeable price difference worth mentioning to the tune of BPMS being almost half the price/ month. I also like that I can switch between Audio and Video downloads with BPMS. A lot of times I will be hunting for a really new song that definitely doesn't have a video yet and I will see the Audio only option available on BPMS pretty fast. If money weren't an option, my 3 pools would be Smashvidz, BPMSupreme, and DJCity. Since thats not realistic I cut out the most expensive of the 3.....Smashvidz. I'm perfectly satisfied with what BPMSupreme has been offering and I honestly would recommend them. Just my point of view.
DJ Tecniq 7:02 AM - 9 January, 2016
Quote:
To be honest I'm not sure exactly why everyone here is giving them such bad remarks. I have used both BPMSupreme and Smashvidz on and off for the past couple years. I will admit that Smashvidz has a higher level of focus on video quality (720/ 1080p vidz) but honestly I think they fall short sometimes in regards to new content. Smashvidz was great for finding old classic vids across many genres for a lot of songs I couldn't get elsewhere. On the flip side, a lot of new music, especially all the remixes (EDM, Trap, HipHop) were showing up on BPMSupreme a lot sooner. There is also a noticeable price difference worth mentioning to the tune of BPMS being almost half the price/ month. I also like that I can switch between Audio and Video downloads with BPMS. A lot of times I will be hunting for a really new song that definitely doesn't have a video yet and I will see the Audio only option available on BPMS pretty fast. If money weren't an option, my 3 pools would be Smashvidz, BPMSupreme, and DJCity. Since thats not realistic I cut out the most expensive of the 3.....Smashvidz. I'm perfectly satisfied with what BPMSupreme has been offering and I honestly would recommend them. Just my point of view.
I think they have worked out the kinks since the original post was from 2012 and it's now 2016👌🏻
Marv Incredible 5:05 AM - 17 January, 2016
I'll say one thing for BPMSupreme. They sure do teef a lot of videos from other pools. I mean, I've caught other pools doing it too, but BPM go hard. How do I know? There are a few lesser-known ways to tell, but the most obvious one is when they leave the tags with other pools' names in the files. Kinda sloppy.

BUT... They definitely seem to have new stuff often and soon, and as a consumer, you really can't beat the price. Not sure it's so great for the industry though.
Xtendamix 9:10 AM - 17 January, 2016
Don't worry, after bragging about their so called license, we asked the label to look into it to see it was legit.

Now they are on the labels radar. The word is that their days are numbered.
DJ Tecniq 10:47 AM - 17 January, 2016
Correct I have seen the same video edits from videotoolz on bpm supreme i think it's just video editors sharing their work. If that's the case they are untagged on Vtoolz atleast :P
Fuidawg 5:09 PM - 25 February, 2016
I haven't renewed my djcity because they were a little bit more, but I do notice that djcity has more and newer stuff that bpmsupreme has. Eventually they do but djcity imo has been faster with providing newer and sometimes better remixes :-)
Jim Davis Productions 11:07 PM - 15 April, 2016
Quote:
Correct I have seen the same video edits from videotoolz on bpm supreme i think it's just video editors sharing their work. If that's the case they are untagged on Vtoolz atleast :P

For what it's worth -- VJ-Pro/Smashvision supplies Ultimix/Funkymix video edits on their site, for example, and I don't think any of us question VJ-Pro's legal status. Ultimix has an agreement with them I'm sure. Additionally, lots of video editors are independent contractors and might not necessarily locked in to exclusively supplying their work to only one service.

Final thought: BPMSupreme recently contacted me because I was a member for about a year in 2012-2013. They wanted to send me a demo of their new improved DVD data discs that they supply as part of their monthly subscription. Now, I'm not saying they've gone legit, but their DVD's are now screen printed and factory-pressed. No more inkjet-printed DVD-R's. Pretty doesn't equal legal, but I was surprised they're paying a pressing plant to make discs... even TM Studios doesn't do that.
DJMark 5:08 PM - 18 April, 2016
DVD's in 2016?
Jim Davis Productions 5:16 PM - 18 April, 2016
Quote:
DVD's in 2016?

I can only speak for myself, but I like having hardcopy backups. I burn DVD backups every couple of months. And I also get PrimeCuts weekly discs. (Those also serve the purpose of providing lossless files as opposed to just the MP3 downloads).
popnwave 5:50 PM - 18 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
DVD's in 2016?

I can only speak for myself, but I like having hardcopy backups. I burn DVD backups every couple of months. And I also get PrimeCuts weekly discs. (Those also serve the purpose of providing lossless files as opposed to just the MP3 downloads).

My issue with those is having to rip them, they are interlaced and a at much lower res than I would play anything post 2010 :/
DJMark 5:55 PM - 18 April, 2016
Quote:
My issue with those is having to rip them, they are interlaced and a at much lower res than I would play anything post 2010 :/

Well he did say "data DVD's", so I assume it's at least not NTSC video.

Just seems like a lot of extra cost in an era of 100mb internet. Maybe their target customers are in very poorly-connected areas.
Jim Davis Productions 5:58 PM - 18 April, 2016
Haha... DVD MP3/MP4 data discs, not native DVD video. 100% agree there's no reason to be using true video DVD's nowadays unless it's oldies material you can't find on Smash/Xtenda or something.

My internet speeds are fine... 50Mpbs FIOS... but even the best hard drives fail. The additional cost of getting PrimeCuts discs vs just the downloads is $4/month.

P.S. I didn't subscribe to BPM Supreme's disc service, I was just commenting on the free sample they sent, and I can see the reasoning behind it.
Fuidawg 4:06 AM - 11 May, 2016
I cancelled my subscription and went back to djcity. Bpmsupreme didn't have much selection and not as many versions like djcity. I guess whichever one works for you.
DJ whatever 8:23 PM - 4 October, 2016
does anyone know if they have a bmore club or jersey club edit section if not what pool would ?
Dj Drew That 6:46 PM - 10 March, 2017
2017 now and I figured I'd give bpmsupreme a try. Absolutely terrible. I haven't had it for 24 hours yet and the site is constantly down. Extremely slow. I called them and said it's from them updating. As for the quality it's good. Some better then others. But the site in general is just terrible. Price is great, but you get what you pay for. Anyone else experiencing the poor website speed? I tried from my house, my in laws, and even on my phone Lte. Still slow and lags.
Jim Davis Productions 7:14 PM - 10 March, 2017
Yup, super laggy here as well.

The only reason I still have a membership is because my other music subscription is PrimeCuts, and sometimes I want the non-radio edits of songs, and they gave me a rate of $148/year as a promo last time I renewed.
Dj Drew That 7:18 PM - 10 March, 2017
Quote:
Yup, super laggy here as well.

The only reason I still have a membership is because my other music subscription is PrimeCuts, and sometimes I want the non-radio edits of songs, and they gave me a rate of $148/year as a promo last time I renewed.

It's a shame. I spoke to them again and they said developers are doing maintenance
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:15 PM - 11 March, 2017
I use them now too and I do experience the slow download too quite often.

1. 20 bucks a month, Audio and Video. Say no more.

2. They don't address me like they are doing me a favour when I make video requests. I was paying 50 euros a month to a different pool that uses the credit based system. This pool has loads of nice videos and the quality is undeniably the best but you don't treat paying clients like you are doing them a favour.

3. Music and Videos are so disposable these days, I can't justify why I have to spend tons to get a track I will never use again after a couple of weeks. I don't t mind having to wait a few days for bpmsupreme.com to get the track and they do upload new ones as quickly as possible. One track doesn't make a set.
mdtapia01 5:26 AM - 16 July, 2017
Can anyone answer this...I usually add my tracks and videos to my Record Pool Crate then download the Zipped Folder Titled bpm_supreme1234567. Extract to A Non Zipped Duplicate Folder in same Download location. Then Transfer to Itunes/Serato etc. The Last time I extracted to my Duplicate Non Zipped Folder the Whole Folder became Corrupted, No Media present...each track had a ./ before Title and There was an embedded hidden Download /DS Store File Present
Culprit 5:39 AM - 8 August, 2017
Just use smashvision and their new crateq app. It will save you guys alot of time and headaches !!