DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ Pool thread?

DJRemix8x3 9:25 PM - 24 December, 2011
Wassup fellow DJ's. I know this thread is out there. I am dropping the DJ pool I have now and looking for a good one.

Help a DJ out!!
ninos 9:46 PM - 24 December, 2011
Djcity
Dms
Beatport
Franchise
8th wonder
DJRemix8x3 9:53 PM - 24 December, 2011
Thanks ninos
ninos 10:16 PM - 24 December, 2011
No problem homie
Maskrider 11:26 PM - 24 December, 2011
Quote:
Wassup fellow DJ's. I know this thread is out there. I am dropping the DJ pool I have now and looking for a good one.

Help a DJ out!!

What do you have?
DJRemix8x3 12:23 AM - 25 December, 2011
I had 8th wonder
DJRemix8x3 12:49 AM - 25 December, 2011
Think about joining Funk Master Flex's pool
Maskrider 5:34 AM - 25 December, 2011
DMS is a decent pool but you still have to shop around for other stuff.....
Joee 8:02 PM - 26 December, 2011
promo only, pool service $39.99 a month gives you all of there radio series & all of the latin series that's a total of 11 cd's a month

promoonly.com
Audio1 4:55 PM - 27 December, 2011
www.latenightrecordpool.com
www.djdstar.com

Both are highly recommended. DJ CITY & DMS are both worth it as well.
djpuma_gemini 4:57 PM - 27 December, 2011
I'd like to know more about funk master flex's pool. Not because I want to join it (probably never would)
I just want to know if it's just a name behind a pool or a real pool?
djpuma_gemini 4:58 PM - 27 December, 2011
Quote:
www.djdstar.com

Plus 1 on latenight.
I get all my tracks from them and they also have video, which is great if you want to get into video mixing, you only get clean singles, but it's still good to get you started and then join a video pool
Audio1 5:01 PM - 27 December, 2011
Their videos are dope plus the OLD SCHOOL SUNDAYS releases are awesome. Top quality old school hip-hop, rap, R&B classics with multiple versions.
ninos 10:38 PM - 27 December, 2011
Quote:
Their videos are dope plus the OLD SCHOOL SUNDAYS releases are awesome. Top quality old school hip-hop, rap, R&B classics with multiple versions.

for late night record pool. the mixshow edits are basically dj friendly intros?
Audio1 10:40 PM - 27 December, 2011
Mixshow Edits = Intro/Outro = yes.
ninos 10:41 PM - 27 December, 2011
nice,wen i get home from my trip im gunna suscribe with LNRP too get some old school edits!
djpuma_gemini 10:59 PM - 27 December, 2011
Yeah LNRP (latenightrecodpoool.com) puts out dope old school stuff and at 320. They also don't take shitty 192 files and transcode them to show at 320 but still are 192.s They are actual 320 files.
Some pools fake the funk and show 320, but if you check the spectrum they cut off well before 20Khz
Audio1 12:27 AM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:
Yeah LNRP (latenightrecodpoool.com) puts out dope old school stuff and at 320. They also don't take shitty 192 files and transcode them to show at 320 but still are 192.s They are actual 320 files.
Some pools fake the funk and show 320, but if you check the spectrum they cut off well before 20Khz
This.
djpuma_gemini 12:59 AM - 28 December, 2011
or that
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:33 AM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Plus 1 on latenight.
I get all my tracks from them and they also have video, which is great if you want to get into video mixing, you only get clean singles, but it's still good to get you started and then join a video pool

+1
Gotta agree with Puma and Audio1 on latenight. I also use www.idjpool.com but when i want something that is new or just breaking, latenight usually has it first. Between those two pools I am pretty much set on Audio (and some video). As mentioned above Old School and the Mixshow edits on latenight are a plus just like idjpool bonus beats and dj intro/outro and Classics section...

They are not the cheapest but they are both good IMHO...
DJ.Tyme 4:47 AM - 28 December, 2011
Promo Only Hands Down Is The Best. $40 Per Month You Get Everything Under The Sun. And The Best Part It Comes To You. I Used To Use Zip DJ & Late Night Records, But I Got Tired Of Having To Go (LOOK) For The Music. So Yeah Check It out. POOL Plus provides daily and weekly delivery of the newest top 40, hip-hop, rhythm, rock, country, dance, and Latin plus our exclusive Intro Edits (the hottest new singles with extended intros and outros) via MP3 or M4A; billed monthly at $39.99 per month. Mainstream Radio
Top 40 pop, hip-hop, dance and rock releases, edited for clean

Urban Radio
Hip-hop, rap and R&B releases, edited for clean play

Country Radio
New Country releases, along with the latest line-dance favorites, indexed by dance style

Modern Rock Radio
The hottest new mainstream, metal and alternative rock releases, edited for clean play

Rhythm Radio
The best in breaking rhythmic top 40, hip-hop and dance releases, edited for clean play

Dance Radio
Short, clean edits of the hottest new dance releases, edited for clean play

Contemporary Christian
Christian top 40 releases

Mainstream Club
The best in 12" extended versions, top 40 dance remixes and exclusive limited-edition dance releases.
Audio1 4:43 PM - 28 December, 2011
I can see Promo Only working very well for mobile / corporate gig DJ's. I necessarily dont need all those genres listed.

p.s. Isn't it a DJ's job to go LOOK for music? I mean, I know a lot of people have limited time (myself included) but dayum, Some of you cats are pretty lazy to allow others to make musical decisions for you. Fuck it, Whatever suits you, right?
djpuma_gemini 4:47 PM - 28 December, 2011
I prefer to look for music.
Yeah it's cool when you can download all at once, but when i do that it just sits on my hard drive.
With latenight or other pools with rating based systems you can listen and download if you want.

Plus it's always fun to find that new song, download it and think, in a month or two this will be a radio banger.
djpuma_gemini 4:50 PM - 28 December, 2011
OH yeah, what you're referring to is "digging" and that has gone by the wayside but some pools still have that feature.
My passion now is "digitally digging" for rare videos.

PO is cool, but it's like just downloading the top 20 from each chart.
You'll never get those underground, or dope gems until they become mainstream.
Audio1 4:59 PM - 28 December, 2011
See. That happened when I was on Promo and some other pools. You would download big packs of music or the old school FTP download systems and I'd have these 500mb/1GB packs of music and I'd only like maybe 10 tracks. Big waste of time for me. I'd rather pick and choose. Everyone has their own methods. That's the beauty with technology... We have so many resources to choose from.
StevenWayne 5:07 PM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:
p.s. Isn't it a DJ's job to go LOOK for music? I mean, I know a lot of people have limited time (myself included) but dayum, Some of you cats are pretty lazy to allow others to make musical decisions for you. Fuck it, Whatever suits you, right?

i love lazy djs....they make mediocre djs like me look like an allstar
Audio1 5:08 PM - 28 December, 2011
For the record, I wasn't referring to @DJ.Tyme as being lazy. I know every week, Newer DJ's are asking "How much for your entire Hard Drive"? The best musical DJ collections out there were all hand-picked for years.
tbone8 12:11 AM - 29 December, 2011
is late night unlimited downloads? i looked at thier pricing but didnt find anything on how many downloads per month (i could be a complete dumbass and just missed this info) but im at work and trying to look on the downlow ha
Audio1 12:20 AM - 29 December, 2011
unlimited from my understanding.
tbone8 12:27 AM - 29 December, 2011
hmm could be worth a look thanks audio1
djpuma_gemini 1:15 AM - 29 December, 2011
yes unlimited and you get video content.

They will always update the files if they make a diy intro (no inst at that time) and then post a proper mixshow edit.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:06 AM - 29 December, 2011
Quote:
yes unlimited and you get video content.

+1 but you still have to leave star rating again
DJ.Tyme 2:10 AM - 30 December, 2011
:-)
DjFella 2:10 PM - 2 January, 2012
i currently use www.cicana.com been using them for a year now $15 a month which isn't all that bad
phatbob 8:27 AM - 3 January, 2012
DJ Acock of Bpm Supreme:

Suspect quality.

100% illegal.

And you aren't allowed to come on this forum and advertise your shit.

Go away.
Blackdevil77 3:45 PM - 3 January, 2012
I use promo only. I like them. They do send you a lot of the same stuff. Like how many versions of Red Solo Cup do I really need? Lol. I haven't gotten much from then in the last few days though.