Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Feature Ideas/Requests and Recording Question - Vestax Typhoon

DJ Dit-E 3:48 AM - 14 December, 2011
So far, with some tweaks to the *wonderful* Vista OS, DJ Intro is amazing. I've already noticed how much more crisp and responsive it is over VDJ LE (that came with my Vestax Typhoon).

A few things I've been hoping could be looked into:
1. Add smaller divisors within the Loop Function (i.e. adding to the 8, 4, 2, 1 with, at least, 1/2).

2. Possibly make use of unused buttons with other functions already available in DJ Intro to limit contact with Laptop/Computer.

3. A recording function (for those of us without the luxury of better equipment with two outputs).

Now, with that being said...is there a way for me to record having only one output on my controller? When I first downloaded DJ Intro, I thought, "I'll just use VDJ to record when I want to make a mix." Here's where the downfall of using a quality product and trying to go back to the trash that is Virtual DJ LE: Serato is just too damn good not to use. I'm assuming there isn't since the output is through the unit and not my laptop.

If there is no way to accomplish this, can this topic be more thoroughly discussed? I like to practice and, in practice, like to record my sessions to see where I made mistakes and where I can improve. As a beginner DJ, this has proven very effective in the improvement of my skill.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing back.
Matt (DJ Dit-E)