Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Does Serato Intro not have browsable cover art?

[O/][iii][O/] 5:00 PM - 30 November, 2011
?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:08 PM - 30 November, 2011
Nope.........no cover art. Its a waste of space anyways.
[O/][iii][O/] 5:17 PM - 30 November, 2011
Quote:
Nope.........no cover art. Its a waste of space anyways.

Thank you for the factual info, but your OPINION is not wanted, nor is it valid. FYI, for many users, browsable artwork is actually an essential feature. In fact, evidence of this truth can be found in Serato Scratch Live, Serato Itch, Native Instruments Traktor, Apple iTunes, etc., etc. (hence why these developers took the time and resources to implement it). Do your homework here on this forum or others if you wish to educate yourself on this. It's been covered for year.
[O/][iii][O/] 5:21 PM - 30 November, 2011
Also, FYI, artwork can be turned off on all those listed programs above should the user decide it's not wanted/needed and assign space how they want. Not everyone is on dinky computers or screens. Some of us also have plenty of screen real estate to comfortably display everything they want/need without compromises. Example: i802.photobucket.com
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:45 PM - 30 November, 2011
Lmao!! Dam dude chill......wtf! I answered your question and added my own thoughts, no one asked for a leeson in cover art...........
[O/][iii][O/] 6:38 PM - 30 November, 2011
And YOU were not asked for your opinion, but since you ignorantly decided to state one ("it's a waste of space") as if that's somehow factually true, you were provided some supporting info since you are obviously severely misinformed about the feature being essential for many users (self included). Grow up. :chill as a cucumber: :-)
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:45 PM - 30 November, 2011
Peace out cucumber :-)
skratchworx 9:17 PM - 30 November, 2011
I used to think that cover art was useless, and for me it is. But for some who suffer dyslexia, cover art is vital. I would urge Serato to add it in.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:02 PM - 30 November, 2011
Quote:
I used to think that cover art was useless, and for me it is. But for some who suffer dyslexia, cover art is vital. I would urge Serato to add it in.

Now that is a legitimate argument and on that note +1
[O/][iii][O/] 10:06 PM - 30 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Now that is a legitimate argument and on that note +1

Precisely why you were advised to do some research before making statements (see below). This has already been covered countless times.

Quote:
Do your homework here on this forum or others if you wish to educate yourself on this. It's been covered for years.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:25 PM - 30 November, 2011
Dude it a frickin break already..............now your just becoming annoying.......
[O/][iii][O/] 10:49 PM - 30 November, 2011
Quote:
Dude it a frickin break already..............now your just becoming annoying.......

see below

Quote:
Lmao!! Dam dude chill.
Logisticalstyles 9:23 PM - 2 December, 2011
If you didn't want an opinion you shouldn't post on a public forum. You could always PM a mod for the factual info. In fact since you did post on a public forum one might infer that you DO in fact want people's opinion.
Quote:

Do your homework here on this forum or others if you wish to educate yourself on this.

Great advice from someone asking a question that has been answered in the forum a couple of times.
[O/][iii][O/] 9:34 PM - 2 December, 2011
Quote:
If you didn't want an opinion you shouldn't post on a public forum.

Incorrect. What I asked for was a simple yes or no fact, not whether or not the feature was needed or considered valuable. See below ;-)

Quote:
DOES SERATO INTRO NOT HAVE BROWSABLE COVER ART?
[O/][iii][O/] 9:46 PM - 2 December, 2011
What's ironic here is that this should all be "logical" to you. lol
DJBill359 3:19 AM - 3 December, 2011
Wow, now That was some good Reading. Thank you all. As for Cover Art, If you Like it,Toggle it On,And if your Don't Toggle it Off...I Love Public Forums..
[O/][iii][O/] 3:04 PM - 3 December, 2011
Quote:
As for Cover Art, If you Like it,Toggle it On,And if your Don't Toggle it Off.

:applause:

Too bad Intro has handicapped itself though by leaving this feature out for users who require it.
Shaun J 12:14 PM - 4 December, 2011
Well i would just like to add to this, Cover art well if you don,t want it then all good but like myself been a dj since 1981 seen alot of tech come through since then but for disabled djs yes you read right, we do exist, i lost most of my sight back in 2000 due to type 1 diabetes, i have sight so having cover art is helpful in cases of low lighting enviroments, my sight loss does not stop what i love entertaining the crowds when i am out djing.People take there health for granted until something happens, by greatful people that you have your health, i find days tough just by trying to find my way around the house but it NEVER stops me from doing what i want to do, maybe i have to have a aid to guide me buti use Serato intro and mixdeck to dj and i love it. So getting back to the main issue here, cover art is your pref but i would and does help me, I also use Traktor Le which has cover art but like serato better. Cheers All the best Dj Jenko. Age 40 started djing wen i was ten years old.
Mimizuku no Lew 5:04 PM - 18 December, 2011
+1 on this one. Having downloaded Itch to use in offline mode (it seems that if you create smart crates in Itch they work in Intro) it would be nice if Intro had at least one of the alternative browser views of Itch. Surely they're not considered to be "pro features" as well?
WarpNote 5:52 PM - 18 December, 2011
Cover art is vital IMO, me and others kept nagging Serato for years about adding cover-art into SSL, and I think it really made SSL perfect for my use.

I wasn't aware of this limitation in Intro.
Been looking for a compact controller for quite a while. 2 channels, lightweight, backpack sized, FX controls included, with decent jogs and browsable cover art in software. Seems like there's still no real options (for running serato software) in the market yet?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:05 PM - 18 December, 2011
Denon MC6000 is the answer to your prayers .........
WarpNote 7:54 PM - 18 December, 2011
MC6000/MC3000 seems nice. Always been pleased with Denon mixers & CD players.
I jumped on the HC1000 upon release, and I bring it to most of my gigs.

Still, I'm looking for a true natively supported solution for those small private gigs.
Even though the xml file workaround seems good, I'd prefer lights that work properly, easy connection (without the need for an extra SL box/mixer), and support from Serato if I encounter any issue. That's the whole reason I moved from vinyl to SSL in the first place.

I own the Rane 68 mixer, so for small gigs I'll leave my techs at home, and just bring the HC1000 along or my akai mpd24. If I need platter control I'll bring one cdj1000 and just instant double.

In short, if the mc3000 would be natively supported in Itch or SSL, I'd probably jump on it.