Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

cant save loops in itch or twitch

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Novation TWITCH
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
flincmusic 9:35 PM - 12 November, 2011
This is a beginners question, but I have been on my new Twitch controller for four days and now I need to find out about this annoying problem.
I follow the instructions when trying to save loops but when I reload there are no loops saved.
Loop points I can save alright in both twitch and itch, but when I try to save a loop I made in the end of the song it doesnt load with the song next time.
Could anyone please spell it out for me in capitol letters :-) - how do I save my loops - in both twitch and itch? Thanks for your time.

Christian
flincmusic 9:53 PM - 12 November, 2011
Okay I found out to save the loops.
Now I would like to know if its possible to activate the saved loops while the song i splaying WITHOUT the playhead goes to the loop?
Sorry for being so seemingly stupid about these loop questions, but I really didnt see that they were actually saved.
Anyway, this other issue is really weird I think.
Anyone have a solution to this?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:32 AM - 14 November, 2011
Hey flincmusic,

Turning on a saved loop in ITCH will jump to that start of that loop. A feature request has been made to change this so that it doesn't jump but simply turns the loop on. Look for this in a future release, I can't say for sure when that will be but keep an eye out :)

In the meantime you can use the keyboard shortcut to turn them on and off, the keyboard shortcuts simply turn it on they do not jump to the start of the loop.
To turn a loop on/off on the left deck use this key [
To turn a loop on/off on the right deck use this key '

Cheers.
flincmusic 8:20 AM - 14 November, 2011
To turn a loop on/off on the left deck use this key [
To turn a loop on/off on the right deck use this key '

Which key is that on a mac? I dont have those specific signs on my mac book pro?
selkie 2:31 AM - 16 November, 2011
Quote:
A feature request has been made to change this so that it doesn't jump but simply turns the loop on. Look for this in a future release, I can't say for sure when that will be but keep an eye out :)

I wouldn't like that behavior, is more, I would love that the saved loops always worked as hot cues, it would open to very cool new ways for performing (AbletonLive like). You can always disable them with an auto loop
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:46 AM - 16 November, 2011
Quote:
Which key is that on a mac? I dont have those specific signs on my mac book pro?

You should do it's the same on Mac. It should be the character to the right of 'P' for left deck, and the character two to the right of 'L' for the right deck.

Quote:
I wouldn't like that behavior, is more, I would love that the saved loops always worked as hot cues, it would open to very cool new ways for performing (AbletonLive like). You can always disable them with an auto loop

True, but i guess you could always just turn the loop on then use a cue-point to jump to it? That way you can have it both ways...
selkie 4:54 AM - 16 November, 2011
Quote:
True, but i guess you could always just turn the loop on then use a cue-point to jump to it? That way you can have it both ways...

It would be a work around... I was thinking to have a special song with 8 loops predefined that worked as drumloops but maybe I should just use the SP-6 when it becomes more controllable ;)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:47 AM - 17 November, 2011
I guess there are user cases that would benefit from having it jump to the start of the loop roll when you turn it on. But the fact that you can do this with cue points means that by default turning a loop on should simply turn it on and nothing else. That way people can use it both ways if they wish :)

You can actually turn on and choose loops from the sample player. You can even choose where you want the sample/loop to start from.
Mr Wilks 10:05 PM - 24 November, 2011
Quote:
Turning on a saved loop in ITCH will jump to that start of that loop. A feature request has been made to change this so that it doesn't jump but simply turns the loop on. Look for this in a future release, I can't say for sure when that will be but keep an eye out :)

This was the first thing i checked out with 21033.

Fingers crossed for a fix that will let the play head catch up with the loop and soft-takeover (like in Scratch Live) rather than the current jump to loop.

Any saved loops are unusable in it's current form for me as loops in dance music have to be on the beat with no noticeable glitch.

Hope it's soon Logan *crossed fingers*
phatbob 11:27 AM - 26 November, 2011
I'm glad this change is coming. The main reason being that Scratch Live doesn't behave that way.
Mr Wilks 3:13 PM - 26 November, 2011
Quote:
I'm glad this change is coming. The main reason being that Scratch Live doesn't behave that way.

Yeah, i can't use any pre-saved loops unless i use the keyboard.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:01 AM - 1 December, 2011
You will be able to turn them off but I am not sure when this will happen sorry. I can't really speculate any sort of time-line at this stage.
jprime 7:30 PM - 5 December, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

I am going to +1 the NOT jumping to the start of the loop, but just turning it on/off...just mirroring Scratch live a bit better imo. Loops are not Cue points :)
Mr Wilks 2:39 PM - 6 December, 2011
Quote:
Loops are not Cue points

Perfectly written.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:48 AM - 7 December, 2011
I'm going to close this thread now guys, you are welcome to continue discussing this in the ITCH general discussion area :)