DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Mashups aint a big deal in NYC

pdidy 10:26 AM - 13 October, 2007
Mashups aint a big deal in NYC.....im from the hood an anit never heard the term mashup till i came here......we just call them remixes.....hiphop & R&B DJs in brooklyn just dont make them or play them in the clubs or on the radio like i hear they do in caly or some other states......But in my attempt to stay on top of the game i just got Ableton live today....these are my first mashups / remixes.......

bartenders message remix
www.zshare.net

on the hotline remix
www.zshare.net
dj synystr 12:44 PM - 13 October, 2007
those arent mashups there just mixes. u need accapellas to do it right. with both beats at the same time its too much going on and your vocals are getting drowned out.
DJ Sniffles 3:07 PM - 13 October, 2007
....you're right, mashups are bigger in the west. but because you're music knowledge isnt up too high, or juss because you're "in the hood" doesn't mean you should speak for the whole city.
HittinSkinzTa2 3:56 PM - 13 October, 2007
@ pdidy... Where in Brooklyn are you from? I'm over in Sheepshead Bay.
dj poisonous handz 4:40 PM - 13 October, 2007
canarsie here!
HittinSkinzTa2 5:08 PM - 13 October, 2007
Quote:
canarsie here!

Not far at all.
DJ Sniffles 5:10 PM - 13 October, 2007
pdidy...whatd u do? go to that dub café or something?
DJ Sniffles 5:11 PM - 13 October, 2007
hells kitchen....im a ny noob
sopranosupasta 5:34 PM - 13 October, 2007
my honest opinion. bartender one is wack. all that echo made it hard to listen too. Its not a dancefloor track at all. crowds would just get confused.

Keep playing with Live its a GREAT tool.

On the hotline is WAY out of Key. one thing that you have to remeber when you try mashups, the vocal and the instrumental have i REPEAT HAVE to be in key. the horns on the backing track sound terrible.

Keep trying though. its how you learn......
pdidy 5:50 PM - 13 October, 2007
Quote:
those arent mashups there just mixes. u need accapellas to do it right. with both beats at the same time its too much going on and your vocals are getting drowned out.

got it
pdidy 5:53 PM - 13 October, 2007
Quote:
@ pdidy... Where in Brooklyn are you from? I'm over in Sheepshead Bay.

bedstuy/Bushwick
pdidy 6:03 PM - 13 October, 2007
Quote:
I think just in your scene (the hood) mashups aren't popular. I'm sure that mashups are popular in the hipster scene around other areas of NY.

your not from ny are u
DJ Sniffles 6:07 PM - 13 October, 2007
I've been out a few times now and from what I seen its played...and people dance soooo.....I dunno maybe on the other side of the bridge its different. or maybe u don't venture out much past ur crowd
DJ Sniffles 6:11 PM - 13 October, 2007
which is something u should do now that ur a dj. u got one up on me though. I've had ableton for 2 yrs and I still don't know how to use it
pdidy 6:14 PM - 13 October, 2007
Quote:
....you're right, mashups are bigger in the west. but because you're music knowledge isnt up too high, or juss because you're "in the hood" doesn't mean you should speak for the whole city.

(you're music knowledge isnt up too high)???
DJ Michael Basic 6:27 PM - 13 October, 2007
People in New York also think funk master flex is dope...

Watchyoutube.com

People on the west coast know better.
pdidy 6:40 PM - 13 October, 2007
Quote:

Watchyoutube.com

no ,we dont....how lied to u....must be a west coast rumor. cant believe everything u hear.
CMOS 7:02 PM - 13 October, 2007
Bay Ridge here and mashups are big this guys buggin, they dont rock them on the radio that much here but in the clubs they play em.
DJ Sniffles 7:19 PM - 13 October, 2007
the radio...one thing im not feeling. well I don't feel radio anywhere but in seattle atleast they had djs that would mix and do live blends and mashups. hot 97 has a lot of horn droppers and screamin
lvmez 7:27 PM - 13 October, 2007
i'm from nyc andi think that we have the best party dj's hands down. i think west coast dj's are more technical.
sixxx 7:53 PM - 13 October, 2007
F.u.c.k.a.m.a.s.h.u.p.
sixxx 7:54 PM - 13 October, 2007
... with a cactus.

crazy-jokes.com
Swizzle 8:53 PM - 13 October, 2007
Quote:

Watchyoutube.com

lol, after the 93rd second of hearing "Wheeeeeewww..Cut me for me Mami yep"...i would've welcomed hearing Freeway and the rest of the song. :-(
Sheeds 9:11 PM - 13 October, 2007
ahh the good ol west coast mash up things and blend way better than the east only cuz they like to slam drop and shout out on the mic debate
freshtodeath 10:43 PM - 13 October, 2007
IT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU GO IN NYC HOMIE..

if you are in the meatpacking district like lotus and the trendsetter joints like marquee or home on tuesdays you have to have the mashups, 80s, rock, and electro in your crates all mixed in with hiphop.

again all in all i guess its all on the crowd. when im doing my saturday spot 60% are minority, ill play 60% hiphop and go deep in reggae riddims and reggaeton versus when i play on tuesdays im doing 60% 80s and smashups and the crowd is on thier toes.

as far as the BEST PARTY DJS in NY versus the WEST, it depends most of us here, NYC DJS like to use the mic and motivate the crowd witout even beatmixing but again its where you go.
frost-9 8:50 AM - 15 October, 2007
Quote:

as far as the BEST PARTY DJS in NY versus the WEST, it depends most of us here, NYC DJS like to use the mic and motivate the crowd witout even beatmixing but again its where you go.

I've been djing in the MPD for at least 5 years now, and I've never used a mic to "mix." I loathe microphones. Let fatman scoop do the screaming.
brady176 12:15 PM - 15 October, 2007
Hey checkout my mashup. I'm brand new at ableton but have been DJ'in for about a year at a club up here at michigan state university. its still in pretty raw form, but i havnt had time to finish the track. Let me know what you think!

www.zshare.net
DJ Autograph 12:32 PM - 15 October, 2007
Quote:
IT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU GO IN NYC HOMIE..

if you are in the meatpacking district like lotus and the trendsetter joints like marquee or home on tuesdays you have to have the mashups, 80s, rock, and electro in your crates all mixed in with hiphop.

again all in all i guess its all on the crowd. when im doing my saturday spot 60% are minority, ill play 60% hiphop and go deep in reggae riddims and reggaeton versus when i play on tuesdays im doing 60% 80s and smashups and the crowd is on thier toes.

Agreed. Depeneds on where you go. Meatpacking = les mic use, more blends/mashups, rock and 80's. Other spots you can get away with more mic work, slamming and needle dropping. There are DJ's here that mix on the radio (maybe not as much as West coast rado). Thinking Spinbad here (pre-recorded or not). I personally dig what West Coast DJ's do though. A lot smoother and easier on the ears IMO.
SELECT 1:53 PM - 15 October, 2007
Mashups are popular everywhere, its like a disease. NY City has tons of spots that play mashups, you just gotta get out of the hood.

Just look at the Rub guys outta Brooklyn.
brady176 7:12 PM - 15 October, 2007
feedback plz?
DJ Sniffles 7:25 PM - 15 October, 2007
don't hijack the thread
djdonnydee 8:29 PM - 15 October, 2007
this is how djs rock on the northeast... check out deejay mad video.

Watchyoutube.com
djdonnydee 8:40 PM - 15 October, 2007
heres part 2 of deejay mad

Watchyoutube.com
pdidy 7:17 AM - 16 October, 2007
^^^^ damm now thats a party dj.....

dont no why u guys think i dont get out the hood...im only FROM it....but anyway...

west coast djs 50% + mashups in a set.(from what i hear)

NYC DJS 15% or less in a set an most of that is fatman scoop...LOL

im talking about the hiphop an R&B scenes, radio djs,club djs, and mobile djs.

not sayin eithers better....just differnt....a big dif
pdidy 7:24 AM - 16 October, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Watchyoutube.com

no ,we dont....how lied to u....must be a west coast rumor. cant believe everything u hear.

btw...dj Spinbad destroys flex without even trin hard.
DJ d.range 9:17 AM - 16 October, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchyoutube.com

btw...dj Spinbad destroys flex without even trin hard.

not according to the #'s.

like him or not funkflex owned the airwaves in nyc in the 90's and apparently he still does...don't get me wrong spinbads real nice, but the people are still tunin in to flex

as far as mashups, these guys are right, in the trendier clubs its more mashups,80's,house

in the "big" clubs its hip-hop,r&b,reggae,reggaeton
but if you want real hip-hop you have to find it
Gor 9:50 AM - 16 October, 2007
Quote:
... with a cactus.

crazy-jokes.com

Thats twice i've seen you link that cactus.
Are you breaking off from [no logout] and forming [boner cactus]?
pdidy 9:57 AM - 16 October, 2007
i was talkin dj skills ONLY......but yes i do agree flex rules RADIO
lvmez 1:56 PM - 16 October, 2007
i'm sure spinbad is a better dj than flex but i'm tired of the same old sets that spinbad plays. his pre-recorded mash ups are getting tired. i personally like dj's like dj camillo who is a party dj.
DJ Autograph 2:06 PM - 16 October, 2007
Don't get it twisted Ivmez, Spinbad is a really good party DJ. We all know radio is a diffrent ball game. Can't compare it to rocking a party.
DJ GaFFle 2:28 PM - 16 October, 2007
Quote:
this is how djs rock on the northeast... check out deejay mad video.

Watchyoutube.com

Pretty good energy but very, VERY sloppy...
lvmez 2:37 PM - 16 October, 2007
Quote:
Don't get it twisted Ivmez, Spinbad is a really good party DJ. We all know radio is a diffrent ball game. Can't compare it to rocking a party.

i understand, but i've never heard a dope set from him on the radio. EVER. only his pre-recorded mash ups. i'm sure he is a dope dj live but even flex has killed it on the radio. he is not as technically sound as spinbad but he can rock a party.
dj hoodat baller 2:42 PM - 16 October, 2007
The Word Mashups is bullshit thats right i said bull shit.

It's just mixing and thats all it is. Its just a way for some so called famous DJ's to try to put a new spin on some thing thats been done for over 35 years.

I was looking at some dj's bio's and i came across this so called famous Dj's bio and we all know who he is i am not saying any names but in his bio it said he made up mashups and i almost hit the floor laughing my ass off.

And all i though of is the old school song by Public Enemy
Who stole the soul

If any body invented mash ups it Grand master Flash or Whip a Whip, Grand master Caz, Grand Wizard Theodore,TJ Swan or some DJ from that era i just named.

Not some dude that just got on the scene 15 to 20 years ago

And again i am not going to say his name but alot of you know who the dj is that says in his bio that he invented Mashups.

He invented mashups Bullshit
AMF 2:47 PM - 16 October, 2007
I guess I need to change my bio huh?
AMF 2:49 PM - 16 October, 2007
jk
dj hoodat baller 2:49 PM - 16 October, 2007
Quote:
I guess I need to change my bio huh?

Rofl

You are crazy AMF
djdonnydee 2:56 PM - 16 October, 2007
i always thought mashups were mixing rock pellas with hip hop beats. doing blends was R&B pellas with hip hop beats and remixes were adding homemade beats to origrinal tracks. shit, now a days everything is a mashup.WTF....fuck a mashup! lol
DJ GaFFle 3:15 PM - 16 October, 2007
Quote:

Watchyoutube.com

I couldn't take it anymore... His style is actually garbage. He sounds like he's practicing at home with no headphones and no crowd.

Kids, don't grow up imitating DJ's like this... Maybe he was trying to be over the top with the extra gyrations and body movement because the camera was on him???
DJ Autograph 3:22 PM - 16 October, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

i understand, but i've never heard a dope set from him on the radio. EVER. only his pre-recorded mash ups. i'm sure he is a dope dj live but even flex has killed it on the radio. he is not as technically sound as spinbad but he can rock a party.

Do they even have tables up at 105? I've heard they don't.
dirtbag filthy 4:12 PM - 16 October, 2007
the dj mad guy made me mad is that his point

he got the ill tablist set up there to...lol
dirtbag filthy 4:14 PM - 16 October, 2007
and if thats how you rock the eastcoast im glad i moved about 5 years ago...check camillo or dj soul
djdonnydee 4:36 PM - 16 October, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Watchyoutube.com

I couldn't take it anymore... His style is actually garbage. He sounds like he's practicing at home with no headphones and no crowd.

Kids, don't grow up imitating DJ's like this... Maybe he was trying to be over the top with the extra gyrations and body movement because the camera was on him???

yeah, i think he over did it on scratchin but i think it was more for the camera. i opened and closed for him at a local spot i use to dj at. he scratches alot but he doesnt over do it like he did on that video. I heard him live and i think he can really rock a crowd, i like him. the guy must be doin something good he djs at some of top spots in NYC and also djs for one of the hottest promoter in NJ. he is also on the radio for one of the biggest latin station in the world.
Boba Tha Hut 5:10 PM - 16 October, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Watchyoutube.com

Well, although I don't really care for his style and definitely not feeling his track selection, I can't say it's garbage. I can see how some really drunk people would really like his style, it's definitely hyper ass shit.
stevie o 5:56 PM - 16 October, 2007
goin back to spinbad. Can't compare him with flex. flex sucks. Yeah he's got the number 1 show cause he's on the most popular station and spinbad doesnt have a show just does mini mixes so can't comment on his ratings. Spinbad is 100 times better dj technically
DJ Autograph 6:20 PM - 16 October, 2007
Quote:
goin back to spinbad. Can't compare him with flex. flex sucks. Yeah he's got the number 1 show cause he's on the most popular station and spinbad doesnt have a show just does mini mixes so can't comment on his ratings. Spinbad is 100 times better dj technically

Amm correction. Flex IS the reason Hot 97 is so popular. He is the one who helped to build the rep they have now.
stevie o 6:35 PM - 16 October, 2007
i agree and i listen to flex every night but im talkin about dj skills, flex has very little skill compared to spinbad.
CMOS 7:38 PM - 16 October, 2007
Flex was listenable back in the 90's. Ill never forget the first time i heard him drop the bombs. It was cool for the first two minutes. 15 years later....not so cool.
lvmez 7:40 PM - 16 October, 2007
unfortunetly the best dj's(technically) are nto always the most popular. a dj that comes to mind that is a great party dj and has skills is kid capri.
CMOS 7:42 PM - 16 October, 2007
you mean kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiidcapri.

Hes like sixxx he gets mad when u dont say his name right.
DJ Autograph 7:45 PM - 16 October, 2007
Eh, Ive seen him live a couple times. Spotty to me. Sometimes his song selection is off as well. Anybody ever hear Big Ben live? Sick!
DJBlisk 7:50 PM - 16 October, 2007
both coasts seems boring these days.
dj_soo 7:53 PM - 16 October, 2007
i like the Rub guys - not hte most technical DJs out there but they know how to rock a party for sure - and at least they actually mix...
DJBlisk 8:00 PM - 16 October, 2007
or they actually have a huge following that will dance at any of their shit becuase the crowd loves their music.
lvmez 8:01 PM - 16 October, 2007
big ben is a very good party dj. he does all the parties for eric soler(promoter). in fact big ben just became part of dj enuff's crew (heavy hitters).
DJ d.range 9:47 PM - 16 October, 2007
Quote:
Amm correction. Flex IS the reason Hot 97 is so popular. He is the one who helped to build the rep they have now

exactly.
i don't know how long you guys been listening to hot 97, but i've been listening before they had a hip hop format.
in the early days, flex would get on and dj(blend,scratch,mic,etc) and he did it well.
Now, flex is more of a radio personality, he used to be up there just spinnin, now he does the contests, commercials,etc, so his focus is doin a radio show(like angie martinez).
But, if you tune in on sat nite(ithink)commercial free, or a mixmaster weekend, flex really does his thing

Quote:
Do they even have tables up at 105? I've heard they don't.

i never heard that, but don't forget, spinbad is also on z100,but it doesn't matter cause his mixes are pre-recorded, but being on 2 nyc radio stations with different formats shows how versatile spinbad actually is. i think he's at webster hall on fridays live

Quote:
big ben is a very good party dj. he does all the parties for eric soler(promoter). in fact big ben just became part of dj enuff's crew (heavy hitters).

i heard him live @ strata about a year ago, i wasn't overly impressed, but i had a good time, but i was with drunk&hot girls

for my $$ camillo is the best nyc party dj right now, but that could change next week
DJ d.range 9:54 PM - 16 October, 2007
Quote:
i always thought mashups were mixing rock pellas with hip hop beats. doing blends was R&B pellas with hip hop beats and remixes were adding homemade beats to origrinal tracks. shit, now a days everything is a mashup.WTF....fuck a mashup! lol

word to me its all just mixing, i guess this is the curse part of SSL's gift&curse...too many mashups, its come to be expected

Quote:
he is also on the radio for one of the biggest latin station in the world.

which one & when??
lvmez 10:15 PM - 16 October, 2007
i first saw flex in hobeken nj at some small hip hop club. i went there with glen friscia(old school dj). flex was killing it. it's like range said, he is a radio host now. but i still think he has some skills. i'm just not feeling spinbad. he's good but has the same routine. bottom line is that nyc has some dope party dj's. not all are technically that good but they can kill parties.
DJ d.range 10:17 PM - 16 October, 2007
didn't glen friscia have something to do with hot 97 previous format??
haven't heard that name in years
DJ d.range 10:18 PM - 16 October, 2007
where u @ in queens??
stevie o 11:33 PM - 16 October, 2007
I think glen friscia just celebrated his 83 rd birthday. he used to be the man late night on the radio
Thundercat 11:35 PM - 16 October, 2007
Friscia was (is?) the man. Haven't seen him in years. That's who let me on the decks at Palladium back in the Hot 97 days. I was there the night he dropped the acetate of the Fugees Killing Me Softly house mix. Straight Fire.
Thundercat 11:37 PM - 16 October, 2007
Oh, I forgot to add Fuck NYU the Palladium killer. =)
stevie o 12:07 AM - 17 October, 2007
Just drove by the palladium I'm on 14st right now memories
dj poisonous handz 12:51 AM - 17 October, 2007
yo that mad shit was horrid! sounded more like a death metal concert! 200 songs in 5 minutes! and sloppy at that.he might as well backspin sound effects all night cuz that what he sounds like! a mess! big ben is boring also! plays alot of obscure reggea and old school hip hop b-sides no one gave a F about back in the day.and just recently he started playing rock! your original! dj enuff is horrible! hes older than dirt and tries too hard! cleared the floor with fu shnickens a couple weeks back.nuff said.camilo is good,but hes all voice.you in nyc and want some nice sets peep riz,siz,spin one,mr mauricio,ody or klutch.and thats real
lvmez 1:20 AM - 17 October, 2007
i'm originally from jamaica. i had friends that knew glen and i used to chill with them once in a while. honestly, glen friscia was one of the dopest dj's out there at the time. flex was the one who replaced him. i actually heard his named mentioned on ktu not to long ago. i think he spins in europe and long island joints.

Palladium was my spot back in the day along with red zone, limelight and esso's and many more.
stevie o 2:00 AM - 17 October, 2007
yo poisonous ur on the money about riz and sizzahands and spinbad. Riz always tears it down. Klutch is nice too. Shaolin represent. Gettin back to the palladium here's a flashback... My senior prom I'm at the palladium and the DJs were glen friscia and hex hector. 1996 good times
stevie o 2:03 AM - 17 October, 2007
let me clarify the after prom party was at the palladium not the prom
dj poisonous handz 3:03 AM - 17 October, 2007
thats wassup stevie! just keeping it real!
stevie o 3:12 AM - 17 October, 2007
a few years ago I was at djais and during happy hour the old clown that always DJs there was playin his same predictable sets and the place was packed wall to wall, then riz comes in... Nobody knew he was gonna be there think he just showed up on crutches no less. He took over the turntables for about 45 minutes and tore shit up. I think he was sittin down and sizzahands was handin him records.... Gangsta. Mad skills
dj poisonous handz 3:17 AM - 17 October, 2007
lmao! old clown! thats kipples! that old bastards been there since the 80s! plays the same song at the same time every week! yeah i think i was there too when riz handed him his ass! 45 minutes of fire! all i know is that i ended up on the beach face down in the sand after that set! f&ckin riz! kid is a beast!
frost-9 3:39 AM - 17 October, 2007
Riz is sick. Hands down. Siz has some great ideas, but needs someone to help him produce songs that don't sound so stepped on. The ideas are there, but the production skills need work.

Regarding DJ Mad. Um.. I don't scratch, but when I saw him, visions of Super Greg came to mind.... (Incidentally, those of you who don't know Super Greg, he's portrayed by the same Sasha dude that played Borat)

zmax.org
dj_soo 3:50 AM - 17 October, 2007
Quote:
yo that mad shit was horrid! sounded more like a death metal concert! 200 songs in 5 minutes! and sloppy at that.he might as well backspin sound effects all night cuz that what he sounds like! a mess! big ben is boring also! plays alot of obscure reggea and old school hip hop b-sides no one gave a F about back in the day.and just recently he started playing rock! your original! dj enuff is horrible! hes older than dirt and tries too hard! cleared the floor with fu shnickens a couple weeks back.nuff said.camilo is good,but hes all voice.you in nyc and want some nice sets peep riz,siz,spin one,mr mauricio,ody or klutch.and thats real

so basically what you're saying is that ben is only good if your musical taste doesn't suck?
dj hoodat baller 4:30 AM - 17 October, 2007
Mashups are for wanna be's and suckas
DJ Autograph 5:06 AM - 17 October, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

so basically what you're saying is that ben is only good if your musical taste doesn't suck?

To add to wich he was one of the first to play rock sets in NYC.
dj poisonous handz 5:42 PM - 17 October, 2007
yeah ok! lets all forget about stretch and mark ronson! cmon now! thats called riding the wave.for real
DJBlisk 5:44 PM - 17 October, 2007
I like neil armstrong.
shonuff 8:13 PM - 17 October, 2007
Ahh yes, this thread defintely has some good points of view.... But i think i'll just add my 2cents in... I've lived in NYC all my life, been DJin for about 13 years, and like to think i've experienced and heard every type of DJ and been to every type of "party" , from the hard core majority minority Hip Hop scene, to the weekday, industry parties at Stereo, Home, Lotus, etc etc.

As far as EAST vs. WEST coast DJ's...
Its 2 different styles: both Unique in their own way...

EAST COAST DJ's: tend to be more "crowd motivators" relying alot on MIC rocking skills. Mash Ups are used on occassion but as stated above, only for certain types of crowds and parties. IMO, the mainstream hip hop clubs make up the majority in NYC. Thus, the "mic rockin" crowd motivating DJ's are usually what you hear on the radio. Now, as far as the "party" DJ's that I think are dope.. Camilo & Big Ben. 2 members of the heavy hitters both with unique individual style and both can command the crowd. If anyone has heard ben Live, and has actuallY paid attention when he spins, they will agree his sets are FLAWLESS, i mean, he knows his music, nothing is choppy or just cut in ....everything works well...

WEST COAST DJ's : I must give it up to the west coast DJ's, particularly DJ VICE in the clubs, and a handful of other DJ's that i heard on the radio out there, but don't know their names of the top of my head (sorry)... But just in general, when I've come out to Cali, the main thing I noticed that was different from East coast dj's ......is that WEST COAST DJ's know how to MIX!!! i mean, im talkin bout flawlessly blended together sets.....I remember just listening to the radio and being shocked like......WOW, they really do MIX out here... *remember i'm from NYC, and all you hear on the radio is alot of MIC ROCKIN and just cutting in records... No mixing at all...Hearing this on West Coast radio was defintley a breath of fresh air...
The whole mash up scene is defintely bigger on the west... I find that there's more of an appreciation for it out west. And as far as the CLUBS, another thing i noticed, was that DJ's like VICE, AM, or any of the SKAM artists, didnt have to ROC the MIC , they let the music do the talkin for them.......and the Crowd goes crazy , with no assitance from a microphone... I think thats dope....( i myself, adopt this style of DJing...) Anyone who's been to TAO, Body English or any club in VEGAS, will know what i'm talking bout..

In Conclusion, EAST vs. WEST. its like comparing apples and oranges *i guess. But for myself, I like the hype energy that a mic rockin DJ frmo the east can bring to a party.....and at the same time I love the smooth style and true display of DJ skills from west coast DJ's. IN the end, its all bout knowing how to rock the party or any type of crowd, regardless of which style you use....
DJBlisk 8:25 PM - 17 October, 2007
I'm getting a hype man for the best of both worlds!
dirtbag filthy 8:32 PM - 17 October, 2007
I always wished I could rock the mic..i just dont like when dudes overdo it

sunday nights at the tunnel were the shit....flex used to kill it
Bigfourty4 9:15 PM - 17 October, 2007
The manager of the bar asked me if I use a mic...he wants me to annouce people's bday's, 5 minute drink specials...and last call at the end of the night. I brought the mic....didn't make any shoutouts...no brithdays...none of that crap...because nobody cares about some girls birthday.....to make a long story short...bar had really good night...i got paid...and the only time i used the mic was to say the following...

"Just so you know...this is first time i got on the mic tonight. I really don't know what else to say execpt for the fact that it is officially last call"

I thought it was funny.....just because you can say stuff like...i have a 20 foot cock and no eye balls and people don't even realize it....
Bigfourty4 9:18 PM - 17 October, 2007
also..regarding flex vs spinbad...flex has on-air personality. This is something that i have never heard from spinbad.

People listen to flex because he drops the new stuff as world premiers...i dont think i've heard this from spinbad.

I really like both dj's....but you are really talking about two different people here....for example...you can't compare dave letterman to paul shaffer..one is all talk...one is all music style
stevie o 3:12 AM - 18 October, 2007
Wow he went Paul shaeffer on us... Pretty left field on that one but i get where ur comin from