Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Will we ever see updates?

gcastro723 1:50 AM - 9 November, 2011
I'm not talking like in a span of 2 weeks, but will we ever see updates to Intro and its supported controller's mappings?
frogster99 1:15 PM - 9 November, 2011
Numark said it is coming soon serato what are you saying any ideas ???
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:51 PM - 10 November, 2011
There will be updates available just like Scratch Live and ITCH. I can't say when though or what will be updated of course :)

Sam.
gcastro723 12:48 AM - 11 November, 2011
That's all I needed to know, thank you Sam.
gcastro723 1:25 AM - 21 November, 2011
I've seen that you guys are adding support for the DDJ-ERGO and VCI-400 in the mid-Dec update. I commented on the article (a bad idea, by the way) with a question, but recieved no answers, so I figured i'd post on this thread I started. Question follows:

Serato can you please clarify this for me? Will the new DJ Intro update also improve and optimize the current controllers supported or is this update merely to add support for the DDJ-ERGO?

Thank you,
Jerry
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:30 AM - 22 November, 2011
Updates will be predominantly to add support for these controllers but there may be some improvements and fixes included as well. I couldn't say what else will be included in these releases though sorry :)

Sam.
gcastro723 2:32 AM - 22 November, 2011
Fair enough, I guess all eyes on December. Thanks again, Sam.
Dj Anthony Live 6:28 AM - 22 November, 2011
I sold my serato SL1 when I bought the mixdeck but I think the dj intro is something too basic does not have some futures as scratch live like loops on screens and so another problem that I have is that stop working some times I have a DELL loptop 6 GB ram procesor dual core i5 windows 7 and I am not sure what the problem is
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:07 PM - 22 November, 2011
Fixed

Quote:
Updates will be predominantly to add support for these controllers but we will be adding the time and there may be some improvements and fixes included as well. I couldn't say what else will be included in these releases though sorry :)

Sam.

;-)
pdidy 11:34 PM - 24 November, 2011
Quote:
I sold my serato SL1 when I bought the mixdeck but I think the dj intro is something too basic does not have some futures as scratch live like loops on screens and so another problem that I have is that stop working some times I have a DELL loptop 6 GB ram procesor dual core i5 windows 7 and I am not sure what the problem is

you sold your sl1 for a mixdeck ? thats a serious downgrade. why ?
skratchworx 8:39 AM - 25 November, 2011
Despite the product name and huge amount of explanatory PR, people still don't seem to get that DJ Intro is a cut down entry level product. It is not ITCH or SSL - just a nice subset of the key features which are enough to get beginners off the ground.
gcastro723 5:09 AM - 26 November, 2011
To be honest I think the MixDeck has the potential to be an Itch controller, but that's just me. Beggars can't be choosers, at least there is a Serato software for the MixDeck.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:46 AM - 26 November, 2011
I say Numarks needs to make a Hybrid Mode for the Mixdeck and SSL and dump this Intro stuff for it, but thats just me........
DJ_Instigator 2:07 PM - 26 November, 2011
Quote:
I say Numarks needs to make a Hybrid Mode for the Mixdeck and SSL and dump this Intro stuff for it, but thats just me........
+1
DJ_Instigator 2:08 PM - 26 November, 2011
I'd buy that SI...
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:34 PM - 26 November, 2011
Yeah I think it'd be badass! Work like the Denon 3700's do but Serato still needs to implement MIDI out so that the lights would work. Also I've been told its a Numark thing. It'd be there job to come up with it and make it work. I've mentioned it to them but I don't think there's enough support, lol! People still think the Mixdeck is toy or something, lmao!!
DJ_Instigator 3:44 PM - 26 November, 2011
I really dig the fact that if my laptop crashes or something weird happens, I can rock CD's or my USB sticks until it's back up. One thing the Mixdeck has over the "better" controllers...IMHO.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:04 PM - 26 November, 2011
Yeah but at the same time because its an all in one when one thing goes down you loose the whole unit, lol! I'll be picking up the Quad when its released.
DJ_Instigator 5:42 PM - 26 November, 2011
Not sure I understand? If I lose the PC, I can still play CD's or USB...? you mean if the whole unit freezes or something?

Yeah, The quad looks really good, but I still think I may end up with an NS6 before too long...
gcastro723 6:55 PM - 26 November, 2011
No i think he meant since its an all in one and one of your outlets goes bad, the entire controller goes down, as opposed to having a mixer and 2 decks.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:15 PM - 26 November, 2011
^^This^^
DJ 1 Time 6:23 AM - 1 December, 2011
Let me tell you.. the Mixdeck is THE SH$T!!!! I love the versatility. Just need a quality DJ software. Serato, please make, at minimum, ITCH compatible with Mixdeck. I'll even pay for an upgrade of INTRO, so long as it has the features that I, and other DJs desire. As for alot of your comments about the Mixdeck, and consedering it a 'downgrade', I do alot of weddings, anniversary and birthday parties. It's nice when a client brings up a CD (or flash drive, even an iPhone) and asks me if I can play this for them, and I can say YES. makes them feel as though, #1) I'm prepared and #2) they're getting their monies worth...which equals repeat or referred business. Dance routines to pre-mixed CDs are becoming quite popular at private and public events. You better be prepared!!!! IJS!! I stay booked!!!! I never like to tell a client 'No'...therefore, I have the Mixdeck!!!!
gcastro723 7:59 PM - 1 December, 2011
i'm not disagreeing with you there. The "Mixdeck" name will stick with me throughout my DJing days, hopefully soon i'll be dropping the Mixdeck soon for the Mixdeck Quad, that way I can have a full backup system (2 MIDI channels, 2 CD Deck channels)