Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

crates backup

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
marrs 12:05 PM - 12 October, 2007
Hi there just have a minor issue restoring my crates to my new laptop.I copied the whole scratchlive folder from my local c drive my docs / my music. and i copied my music collection which was in the root of c: ok so thats all fine I'v done this before and its worked fine but this time it just wont work.
hmmm i thought it might have something to do with the fact that now i have installed vista and xp on my laptop C:vista and d:xp
i have a bcd program which enables me to choose wot os i want on boot up.Its great cause u can now buy a cheap laptop $900 nz
with vista add a gig of ram$70 so ya got 2gig then parttion the drive into 2 and install xp which runs like a rocket on dual core.Its great for a backup incase of vista crashing or xp u can swap just with a simple restart.. but anyways wots the trick to the crate backup i have my music collection on the root of each drive and i pasted the whole scratch live folder back in my music folder to overwrite the default one which is created when you install scratch.hmmm iv tried both 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 should i just be pasting the v2 or crates or wot im lost again..hmmm any advise would be great i love scratch live infact im gana have her babies and yes she sleeps in my bed everynight in between me and my wife... lol oh and yea 1 other little issue last weekend on this new laptop on xp on 1.7.2 was it crashed when i clicked on review and hit ctrl(a) to select all the tracks i played then dragged them to a crate,,,hmmm yes it told me scratch had encountered a problem and needed to close so i waited to the song finnished then i hit ok and it closed. but im not worried about that it may have been my fault taking that action when i was playing.. may have put to much load on the system... ok thats enough for tonight laterzzzzzzzz
marrs 12:10 PM - 12 October, 2007
oh yea and i forgot to say i can see all my crates but the files or songs can not be found.. so its like i have to paste my song collection in a different location but iv tried that.
maybe i need to paste the crates somewher differnet or maybe im just a eggroll hmmmmmmmmmmmm grrrrrrrrrrrrr
marrs 12:32 PM - 12 October, 2007
yes its me again (",) ... iv just read a little more and i think iv worked it out thanks to nik .. he posted that the user name can change the path of the copy.. hmmmm im gana change my user name from administrator back to Marrs which was on my old laptop and see if i can then acess my songs through my crates.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 3:36 PM - 12 October, 2007
Just in case you need a bit more help -->> ssl-wiki.help.bootlegs.de