Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

intro and itch explain please

Danny J 2:30 AM - 28 October, 2011
Can somebody explain the difference between the two products please? I use Live but a friend is interested in one or the other of those products.
Cheers.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 1:47 AM - 1 November, 2011
Hi Danny J,

There are good info articles under 'Products' on our website main page if your friend wants extra info, but generally DJ Intro provides a less confusing outlook on features and is good for anyone that has wanted to give dj'ing a go but has been put off by the cost and over technicality, and prefers to simply mix from track to track with basic effects and loop function (depending on the controller). ITCH's controllers are a bit of a step up, providing a few more features, specifically to do with effects/samples/4-channel options/recording a mix, and there are more and further detailed hardware options. All hardware across both ITCH and DJ Intro is provided by experienced and name brand providers.

Mathew
Danny J 8:33 PM - 17 November, 2011
cheers.
dan
frogster99 10:59 AM - 18 November, 2011
Intro is all I need if your music style allows like mine I need no samples and I mix by ear its just a pair of decks to me started on vinyl I think everyone should but intro is the nearest for me and I've only got a mixtrack pro ( just needs +12 pich controll)
Danny J 4:30 PM - 18 November, 2011
Cheers, I use scratch live. It's for my mate. He's got decks so I don't know why he doesn't get the same.
TristanW 12:17 PM - 22 November, 2011
How come the best controllers ie denon 3000 and the vci400 are supported by intro and not itch. There is currently nothing similar in the itch line up, is this going to change?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 1:20 AM - 23 November, 2011
Hi TristanW,

the Denon 3000 is not supported in DJ Intro

Click > serato.com