DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

is it possible?

DJ E.b.@IT 5:48 PM - 19 October, 2011
Wassup y'all! alright here we go...I am running Serato and another dj buddy of mine runs with Traktor...I know I know. I say we can't "sync" traktor to serato because of the apparent reason. but he still insists there is a way. We are both using Macs, im using my 1200's and he's using a controller. What's up?
DJBlisk 6:09 PM - 19 October, 2011
Oil and Water don't mix. Remember that.
Audio1 6:16 PM - 19 October, 2011
When Doc Brown first sends Einstein "one minute" into the future, the time elapsed between when the DeLorean disappears and reappears is actually 1 minute 21 seconds, just as the reappearance occurred at 1:21am, and the flux capacitor required 1.21 jigowatts of electricity.

After the dog travels into the future, Doc compares his watch to Einstein's watch to show the difference. Physicist Albert Einstein described a stationary clock versus a moving one in order to illustrate Relativity (the latter clock moving more slowly).
sixxx 6:31 PM - 19 October, 2011
You and your buddy must be tired from all that running.
djaction 6:37 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
Wassup y'all! alright here we go...I am running Serato and another dj buddy of mine runs with Traktor...I know I know. I say we can't "sync" traktor to serato because of the apparent reason. but he still insists there is a way. We are both using Macs, im using my 1200's and he's using a controller. What's up?

Dear DJ E.b.@IT ,

f my calculations are correct, you will receive this letter immediately after you saw SSL sync to Traktor with lightning bolt ports. First, let me assure you that I am alive and well. I've been living happily these past eight months in the year 1885. The lightning bolt port that sync SSL caused a gigawatt overload which scrambled the time circuits, activated the flux capacitor, and sent me back to 1885. The overload shorted out the time circuits and destroyed the flying circuits. Unfortunately, it will never DJ again.
I set myself up as a blacksmith as a front while I attempted to repair the damage to the time circuits. Unfortunately, this proved impossible because suitable replacement parts will not be invented until 1947. However, I've gotten quite adept at shoeing horses and fixing wagons.
I have buried SSL in the abandoned Delgado Mine, adjacent to the Old Boot Hill Cemetery, as shown on the enclosed map. Hopefully, it should remain undisturbed and preserved until you uncover it in 1955. Inside you will find repair instructions. My 1955 counterpart should have no problem repairing it so that you can DJ it back to the future. Once you have returned to 1985, destroy the time machine.
Do not, I repeat, do not attempt to come back here to get me. I am perfectly happy living in the fresh air and the wide-open spaces, and I fear that unnecessary time travel only risks further disruption of the space-time continuum. And please take care of Einstein for me. I know that you will give him a good home. Remember to walk him twice a day, and that he only likes canned dog food. These are my wishes; please respect them and follow them.
And so DJ E.b.@IT , I now say farewell and wish you Godspeed. You've been a good, kind, and loyal friend to me. You've made a real difference in my life. I will always treasure our relationship and think on you with fond memories, warm feelings, and a special place in my heart.
Your friend in time,
DJ Action
Audio1 6:44 PM - 19 October, 2011
candidate for thread of the year.
d:raf 6:46 PM - 19 October, 2011
I think the easiest way is by using an app called "ears".
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:48 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Dear DJ E.b.@IT ,

f my calculations are correct, you will receive this letter immediately after you saw SSL sync to Traktor with lightning bolt ports. First, let me assure you that I am alive and well. I've been living happily these past eight months in the year 1885. The lightning bolt port that sync SSL caused a gigawatt overload which scrambled the time circuits, activated the flux capacitor, and sent me back to 1885. The overload shorted out the time circuits and destroyed the flying circuits. Unfortunately, it will never DJ again.
I set myself up as a blacksmith as a front while I attempted to repair the damage to the time circuits. Unfortunately, this proved impossible because suitable replacement parts will not be invented until 1947. However, I've gotten quite adept at shoeing horses and fixing wagons.
I have buried SSL in the abandoned Delgado Mine, adjacent to the Old Boot Hill Cemetery, as shown on the enclosed map. Hopefully, it should remain undisturbed and preserved until you uncover it in 1955. Inside you will find repair instructions. My 1955 counterpart should have no problem repairing it so that you can DJ it back to the future. Once you have returned to 1985, destroy the time machine.
Do not, I repeat, do not attempt to come back here to get me. I am perfectly happy living in the fresh air and the wide-open spaces, and I fear that unnecessary time travel only risks further disruption of the space-time continuum. And please take care of Einstein for me. I know that you will give him a good home. Remember to walk him twice a day, and that he only likes canned dog food. These are my wishes; please respect them and follow them.
And so DJ E.b.@IT , I now say farewell and wish you Godspeed. You've been a good, kind, and loyal friend to me. You've made a real difference in my life. I will always treasure our relationship and think on you with fond memories, warm feelings, and a special place in my heart.
Your friend in time,
DJ Action

BEAUTIFUL.....and i thought the forum had gone soft

REEEEEMMMIIIIXXXX

Dear DJ E.b.@IT ,

f my calculations are correct, you will receive this letter immediately after you saw SSL sync to Traktor with lightning bolt ports. First, let me assure you that I am alive and well. I've been living happily these past eight months in the year 1985. The lightning bolt port that sync SSL caused a gigawatt overload which scrambled the time circuits, activated the flux capacitor, and sent me back to 1985. The overload shorted out the time circuits and destroyed the flying circuits. Fortunately, it will never sync again.
I set myself up as a real DJ and gave up trying to repair the damage to the time circuits. Unfortunately, this proved impossible because suitable replacement parts will not be invented until 2007. However, I've gotten quite adept at cueing vinyl, carrying records and matching beats manually.
I have buried SSL in the abandoned Delgado Mine, adjacent to the Old Boot Hill Cemetery, as shown on the enclosed map. Hopefully, it should remain undisturbed and preserved until you uncover it in 2015. Inside you will find repair instructions. My 2015 counterpart should have no problem repairing it so that you can pretend to DJ back in the future. Once you have returned to 2020, destroy your DJ equipment.
Do not, I repeat, do not attempt to come back here to get me. I am perfectly happy living in the fresh air and the wide-open spaces with real DJs, and crowds that appreciate music and the work I do, and I fear that unnecessary time travel only risks further disruption of the space-time continuum. And please take care of Einstein for me. I know that you will give him a good home. Remember to walk him twice a day, and that he only likes canned dog food. These are my wishes; please respect them and follow them.
Your friend in time,
DJ MBezzle
phonze 6:49 PM - 19 October, 2011
just tell your buddy to use virtual dj. he can use the serato box with it and he can microwave
DJ SPAIR 6:49 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
When Doc Brown first sends Einstein "one minute" into the future, the time elapsed between when the DeLorean disappears and reappears is actually 1 minute 21 seconds, just as the reappearance occurred at 1:21am, and the flux capacitor required 1.21 jigowatts of electricity.

After the dog travels into the future, Doc compares his watch to Einstein's watch to show the difference. Physicist Albert Einstein described a stationary clock versus a moving one in order to illustrate Relativity (the latter clock moving more slowly).

great scott!
Jesus Christ 6:56 PM - 19 October, 2011
Let’s hop in the DeLorean for a trip down memory lane and ten fun facts about Marty McFly, Doc Brown, and the rest of the Hill Valley crew:

1. Michael J. Fox was the first choice for “Marty McFly,” but turned down the role because of scheduling conflicts. Eric Stotlz was then cast and shot scenes for four weeks before filmmakers decided he didn’t fit the role and asked Fox again who was able to adjust his “Family Ties” schedule.

2. Ronald Reagan quoted the flick in the 1986 State of the Union Address.

3. Originally, the time machine was a refrigerator, but director Robert Zemeckis worried kids would accidently lock themselves in refrigerators after seeing the movie.

4. Columbia Pictures rejected the first draft of the script, deeming it “not sexual enough.”

5. Executive Sidney Sheinberg wanted to change the title of the film to Spaceman from Pluto.

6. Professional skateboarders Per Welinder and Tony Hawk helped with the skateboarding scenes.

7. John Lithgow was the first choice for the role of “Doc Brown.”

8. The movie won the Academy Award for Sound Editing.

9. In the original script, Marty used the power of an atomic explosion at the Nevada Test Site to return home.

10. A scene in which Marty pretended to be Darth Vader was cut from the film.
reggae delgado 7:00 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
I have buried SSL in the abandoned Delgado Mine,

Sorry dude, it was on my property so I took it. It was my first intro to serato!
latindj 7:17 PM - 19 October, 2011
you dj so bad your own friend keeps trying to convert you to traktor and autosync...
eder 7:18 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry dude, it was on my property so I took it. It was my first intro to serato!

Don't even get me started on intro.
Audio1 7:20 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I knew you'd chime in. Haha
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:32 PM - 19 October, 2011
As long as you don't claim to invent Rock N Roll - you can use both...

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJBlisk 9:09 PM - 19 October, 2011
Chamango
Audio1 9:13 PM - 19 October, 2011
RANGO
DJBlisk 9:17 PM - 19 October, 2011
She bang She bang She bang

Tractors are good for farming.
Logisticalstyles 9:24 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:

10. A scene in which Marty pretended to be Darth Vader was cut from the film.

No it wasn't. He said he was Darth Vader from the planet Vulcan when he put the walkman on George while he was sleeping and blasted the heavy metal.
bicedidit 9:29 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
...I know I know. I say we can't "sync" traktor to serato because of the apparent reason. but he still insists there is a way. We are both using Macs, im using my 1200's and he's using a controller. What's up?

the blind leading the blind...
str8nger 11:52 PM - 19 October, 2011
can I fry my chicken wings with car oil? Would that wok??
FunkyRob 2:04 AM - 20 October, 2011
you need one of these to sync everything.

There's cheaper out there, but this one comes with it's own stand.

www.homedepot.com
Jesus Christ 2:21 AM - 20 October, 2011
tRY THIS: www.cbc.ca
dj_soo 11:48 AM - 20 October, 2011
Quote:
I say we can't "sync" traktor to serato because of the apparent reason. but he still insists there is a way.

I'm going to let you in on a super-secret option that will allow you to sync any of your tracks on SSL to his on Traktor. They've been trying to keep this on the downlow...

1. He needs to listen to his tracks in his headphones and then adjust the tempo of the track to match with yours coming though the monitor.
2. If he hears his track going faster than yours, he needs to slow it down, and vice versa.

bam - super easy workaround.
DJ Remy USA 3:04 PM - 20 October, 2011
Quote:

bwaahahahahah
sacrilicious 8:15 PM - 20 October, 2011
Thank you to everyone that has posted in this thread.
Daktyl 9:52 PM - 20 October, 2011
don't listen to these guys djeb@it... Sometimes I'll spin with another dj, me on ssl, him on itch, 2 setups. I found a way to sync scratch live with itch. It should work to sync ssl and traktor also.
Daktyl 9:52 PM - 20 October, 2011
Quote:
1. He needs to listen to his tracks in his headphones and then adjust the tempo of the track to match with yours coming though the monitor.
2. If he hears his track going faster than yours, he needs to slow it down, and vice versa.

bam - super easy workaround.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:55 PM - 20 October, 2011
You they DO make a product that will sync traktor to serat, its called a pitch control, they used to put them on TTs and CDJs, mabye you can find one of those, learn how to use it im sure there are some archaic documents on how to do so, you may need to understand unix and PASCAL though im not sure
Daktyl 10:05 PM - 20 October, 2011
Quote:
I am running Serato and another dj buddy of mine runs with Traktor

a tractor is very heavy, your friend must be very strong. A serato box is relatively light, so I suggest adding some of these to your runs in increasing numbers
www.overstock.com
and eventually you might be able workout with him.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:10 PM - 20 October, 2011
Quote:

Is this you and ur buddy Watchwww.youtube.com
d:raf 11:08 PM - 20 October, 2011
Quote:
don't listen to these guys djeb@it... Sometimes I'll spin with another dj, me on ssl, him on itch, 2 setups. I found a way to sync scratch live with itch. It should work to sync ssl and traktor also.

Now I'm curious... taking a semi-educated guess; does this have something to do with manipulating midi clock messages?
Dj JesC 12:20 AM - 21 October, 2011
serato>bridge>ableton>?>Traktor>Midi clock

? = some google searching about midi (in/out) some mixers also send midi clock.

i would just beat match by ear or avoid it like the black plague
eder 11:01 PM - 21 October, 2011
Quote:
serato>bridge>ableton>Dale>Traktor>Midi clock

? = some google searching about midi (in/out) some mixers also send midi clock.

i would just beat match by ear or avoid it like the black plague

I FOUND THE MISSING LINK!
DJ Dac 11:09 PM - 21 October, 2011
Quote:
can I fry my chicken wings with car oil? Would that wok??

yeah, i dont see why it wouldnt. i would not eat one but im sure it would work...
DJ E.b.@IT 5:30 PM - 14 December, 2011
yo! y'all are hilarious. Yeah I quit on dude. But thanks for the entertaining comments.
Roberto B. 5:32 AM - 1 September, 2012
People from this earth, users!
nice thread
from the beginning ´til :
"Dj-M.Bezzle 7:48 PM - 19 October, 2011"

PRINT & FRAME

thks.
Leffrey 9:45 PM - 1 December, 2013
Running on or plugged into a 2010 macpro, 8 decks and a DAW:

SeratoDJ using a DDJ-SX
DDJ-SX master out -->hard wire--> DJM-900nsx CH 3 in
DJM-900nsx midi clock from ch 3 bpm detection --> Live8.4
Live8.4 mici clock --> AIC Driver --> Traktor

IOW, SeratoDJ mixer --> DJM-900nsx --> Live8.4 --> Traktor

There are other ways to do the same thing but this gives the tightest chase-lock in Traktor, and, works exactly the same way using two separate machines. The link between SeratoDJ and the outside world is one stereo analog audio cable.

May The Arrow of Time serve you well.