DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Public poll for what should be fixed

The Return of Dj Sparky 10:58 PM - 29 September, 2011
Well I'm pretty pissed off as many others that serato are releasing new versions of the software before addressing key issues i decided to make a thread,

how about you have a polling system where WE get to decide what should be addressed next,
a Serato mod made a comment about keylock still on the list of things to fix in the Intro gerneral section but as we all know its on the bottom of the list and everything and anything gets bumped in its place,

if Traktor can do FLAC i see no reason for Serato not to support it, to be honest if anyone asks me about Serato anymore i'm gonna tell them to get Traktor, you made us wait too long for the SL3 ASIO drivers that should have been available on the release of the SL3, you guys fucked up the latest releases in order to rush out a fix for the TTM57 on the new Mac's, your losing touch with the community and if FLAC is not supported soon I'm gonna buy Serato Outro aka Traktor
dj_soo 11:32 PM - 29 September, 2011
you're fooling yourself if you think traktor is devoid of issues.

I'm disappointed that serato is starting to get way more unstable too but I just stick to 2.2 right now until I hear that newer builds are more stable.
DJ metaphor 1:13 AM - 30 September, 2011
Quote:
you're fooling yourself if you think traktor is devoid of issues.

I'm disappointed that serato is starting to get way more unstable too but I just stick to 2.2 right now until I hear that newer builds are more stable.

+1
DJGeorgeT 1:17 AM - 30 September, 2011
Traktor is super stable. It is what I use primarily these days. SL is just more popular and is nice to have both systems in case one version update (i.e., 2.3) fuk up leaves you with unreliable software.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:19 AM - 30 September, 2011
My biggest problem is that in 2.3 (and 2.2) needle dropping to the beginning of the track doesn't work in REL ...

I have been spinning in ABS as a workaround.

^^^^My vote for what should be fixed...
Laz219 3:05 AM - 30 September, 2011
I hadn't used SSL for a few months with vinyl (moved house and turntables were last to arrive) and thought maybe I was doing something wrong because I couldn't do that anymore.

Beyond 2 crashes on exit (of any crash, that's got to be the best) I'm not seeing any issues with 2.3
sacrilicious 4:09 AM - 30 September, 2011
Whether or not they pay any serious attention to these sort of threads, at least you know the moderators read them as they pick and choose what to reply to while staying on message.