Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Limited length for pre-recorded mixes in ITCH?

trundler 1:05 AM - 28 September, 2011
IS there a 3 hour limit to prerecorded mixes when outputting 'to mix' in ITCH? I've tried to record a few 4.5-5hour sets and only 180mins will successfully record. How do I get around this limitation?
Dj Fitty 1:28 AM - 28 September, 2011
Itch will auto save the the first 3 hours as serato recording 1 and continue to record the next 3 hour group or unless you stop and name it. but the first recording will be found in the recording temp folder
trundler 1:34 AM - 28 September, 2011
Oh....So there is no limit to recording set lengths?

Where did the two files named Serato recording 1 & serato recording 2 come from?
Dj Fitty 1:41 AM - 28 September, 2011
assuming you use 2.0 Itch will auto save them through out your recording. You do not have an option to name it during the recording because it will not let you know that it has auto save it. At the time you press save and name it, depending on how long you have been recording, you my be on the second file of your recording and will have to go back a rename the other(s)
Dj Fitty 1:45 AM - 28 September, 2011
I guess you can record until your hard drive fills up. But I have recorded 5hr dj sets. total of 2 files
Dj Fitty 1:50 AM - 28 September, 2011
Quote:
Oh....So there is no limit to recording set lengths?

Where did the two files named Serato recording 1 & serato recording 2 come from?

If you are looking in your temp folder now and asking, then maybe from another one of your dj sets. I also found that if you forget to stop your recording and close itch then Itch will also auto save it as a serato recording
trundler 2:00 AM - 28 September, 2011
I wish I could record a 5 hour set in one file- who knows, maybe I can, going to try tomorrow.

I'm using ITCH 1.5 because when I installed the update (2.0) It totally crash my whole system during a gig- i do not want that happneing again. Plus I'm using a VCI 300 MK 1, so maybe thats why
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:52 AM - 28 September, 2011
Scratch Live is the same way, you just have to join the 2 files.
D Jay Cee 8:57 AM - 9 November, 2015
it cut me off at 150min....pissed me off.
saving as a wav file.
so now i have one 150min and the other is like 25min.
D Jay Cee 10:46 AM - 26 November, 2015
i used Audacity to splice it and now have customers asking me for shorter mixes around 20 min.....i can never win!